Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology

Natal Astrology A place to discuss yours and others' birth charts (after you post your own birth chart interpretation). Includes psychological and relocation astrology, houses, aspects, and planetary dignity and debility.

Unread 11-26-2010, 08:07 PM

Re: Top 10 Don'ts in Astrology

Interesting that you say this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillcoil View Post
Imo, ofcourse traditionalists are elitist. It takes a lot of ego for someone to look at my chart and say that my life will be terrible and hopeless.
And then you say that:

Quote:
People have different astrological perspectives, we should be okay with that
Fanning the flames and then putting out the fire? Contradictory much?

Not saying you are referring to me, this is to anyone who reads; I'm not a traditional astrologer, only an astrologer humble enough to respect more credible work then new schools that cropped up in the last century so.
r.a.

“Famous are those persons in whose Nativities the Moon receives the light of many Planets.”
—Cardanus.
Unread 11-27-2010, 11:25 AM
Banned

What Astrology Can and Can Not Do
http://www.ofspirit.com/susanmiller1.htm
http://www.cafeastrology.com/articles/whatastrologycandoforyou.html

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showpost.php?p=234549&postcount=7

Perhaps you should read this thread entitled: astrology predicts meanings, not events
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17546&page=2

Quote:
Astrology can be used to help you in many ways. It can reveal damaging behavioral patterns or forewarn you of upcoming challenges. It can help you pinpoint latent talents you may possess and provide you with specific hints on how to best develop them. Astrology can also point out expansive, rewarding trends that are coming up and assist you in figuring out how to take advantage of them before they fade. Finally, astrology is an excellent means to determine the perfect timing for certain actions. http://www.cafeastrology.com/articles/whatastrologycandoforyou.html

Quote:
The beauty of astrology is that it will help you to always be in complete control of your life. Astrology is not fortune telling: but it is a recognition that we have free will. We know we are not controlled by the planets, but the planets do create a certain atmospheres of constriction or ease, that keeps us on our toes. Alas, you cannot blame the planets and say, for example, Saturn made me do it! The few times I have said this to an audience, most people laugh it does sound funny.
http://www.cafeastrology.com/articles/whatastrologycandoforyou.html

Quote:
The planets work to help us help ourselves. By applying pressure, planets help us to overcome inertia. At other times, they help us to see unproductive or even self-destructive behavior that we may have never noticed before but that we can fix. Astrologers believe we must be accountable for our actions and to recognize that we do have choices. The study of astrology will help you sort out all your options and to act at the proper time. http://www.cafeastrology.com/articles/whatastrologycandoforyou.html

To read the full article just click on above link
The Following User Says Thank You to astrologer50 For This Useful Post:
MoonBucket (04-10-2018)
Unread 01-08-2011, 11:22 AM

My top Don't: Don't evangelize about astrology. Don't try to convince the skeptics. If someone is genuinely interested, explain, otherwise forget it. The only way to convince oneself is to study it and do it.
Unread 01-30-2011, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radu View Post
Another one:

Never use your astrology blindly, but rather seek to use it in a creative way.
Astrology should not stop you from going through different life experiences, but rather be your guide to explore and understand what's going on. Such as refusing to go out with someone just because you saw some squares or oppositions in your synastry or like refusing to do something just because difficulties are foreseeable in the astrology chart. That is bad astrology! All astrology aspects can be used in a creative positive way (especially true for your soul).
Astrology is a complementary way to improve what you're already doing, not to replace what you're doing. Astrology is not spiritual by itself, but it can help you if you're already on the spiritual path.
You've got the whole notion of astrology!!
Another greast mistake is to memorize ready made interpretations from books and articles and use them as dictionary. Free will is so strong that we cannot guarantee how cosmic energies work through human individualities

thus we cannot read fully a chart without knowing one person at all
Unread 03-14-2011, 11:32 PM

If an astrologer tells you that your life is predestined according to your astrological chart, get a second opinion from another astrologer.

Some people might want to feel that their life is predestined and believe that they have virtually no power. Others want to become aware of the inner workings of their psyche in order to grow and transcend. Different astrologers for different people.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cosmic Tour Guide For This Useful Post:
MoonBucket (04-10-2018)
Unread 03-15-2011, 12:27 AM

Thank you for all the Don'ts. I really appreciate it. my interest in astrology has only just peaked (for the lack of a better word). I am just curious about the whys and wherefores, specificall at it would relate to me. Also meeting like minded individuals. So far I am pretty impressed. you all seem really nice.
Unread 09-24-2011, 05:52 AM

Have neat appearance, good hygeine, Smile.

I work face to face with all my clients.

It`s a result of my Cardwork, builds Intuition and Spontenaity.

Last edited by bluesage; 09-24-2011 at 09:22 PM.
Unread 09-28-2011, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katydid View Post
Don't get so caught up in your transits/progressions/solar arcs/returns that you forget how to live your life.

I have seen some of my friends almost become 'paralyzed' by all of the astrological data they live by. Sometimes a little goes a long way. Obviously it is nice to keep an eye on the outer planets as they dance their way around your houses. But it may be too much information to know exactly where mercury and the moon are each and every day.
Yes especially as many make the mistake of thinking that transits and progressions without a natal echo or support are significant when they are not... I think to look back on the influences once the event has occurred is a lot more telling. You rule your chart, the chart does not rule you.
MoonBucket (04-10-2018)
Unread 09-28-2011, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Tour Guide View Post
If an astrologer tells you that your life is predestined according to your astrological chart, get a second opinion from another astrologer.

Some people might want to feel that their life is predestined and believe that they have virtually no power. Others want to become aware of the inner workings of their psyche in order to grow and transcend. Different astrologers for different people.
Yes some prefer to leave things to the stars and fate as they call it.
We do have free will and choice and of course have to make decisions and take responsibility for ourselves. Life may be predestined in some ways but dont we ultimately act as our character dictates and yes we do have to deal with our karma, both good and bad but an enlightened astrologer will tell you the positive effects of even a challenging chart aspect...
MoonBucket (04-10-2018)
Unread 10-26-2011, 03:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Ray View Post
These are all my favourite ways to do astrology.

1. I am always judgemental.
2. My favourite pastime is to go around preaching.
3. I do try to be clever, but it never comes across.
4. I always generalize and stereotype.
5. I always panic under transits, but that's 99% of the fun, all the waiting and anticipating. It's quite the adrenaline rush.
6. Under Jupiter-Venus transits I always get money. The law of attraction is a powerful thing.
7. I always talk about my chart as proof of astrology.
8. I refuse to move under bad transits
9. I am Hypersensitive
10. There is no free will we are doomed.
I commit the 10 deadly sins of Astrology.
Tee, hee, hee, hee, hee, hee, hee, hee, hee, hee, hee, hee.

Alicia Michelle Serafin ~ Facebook
Unread 10-26-2011, 03:25 AM

That is awesome. 'Cept I could never try to pull those on someone I'm working with because I'm totally insensitive and I can't hide that very well :/ But don't move under bad transits!
Unread 10-27-2011, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesage View Post
Have neat appearance, good hygeine, Smile.

I work face to face with all my clients.

It`s a result of my Cardwork, builds Intuition and Spontenaity.

"Cardwork"? Do you mind if I inquire what specifically that is?

Thanks, Serafin5

Unread 11-02-2011, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobZemco View Post
Well, no, actually you don't. You have limited Free Will. You can choose what to eat for breakfast or dinner, and a few other banal, trivial and inconsequential things, but that's about it. Your life is predetermined.

When the end is known, you will have done everything the Planets said you would (or would not) do exactly for the reasons the Planets divined, and the Primary Directions, Profections, Secondary Progressions and Transits will bear that out and prove it beyond any doubt.

If that was not true, then there would be no point in studying astrology.
I'll agree with that to a point. If your last statement is in fact true, then there would be no point in working with the planets to surmount those natal tendencies that hold us back and keep us from evolving.

And whoever it was that said "the wise man rules his stars, the fool is ruled by them" will have been proven a liar, along with everyone who says that those natal tendencies aren't etched in stone.

I sincerely hope I am misunderstanding what you're saying here.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fulcrum For This Useful Post:
MoonBucket (04-10-2018)
Unread 11-08-2011, 08:03 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to leonardyuri

It should not affect one's life because Astrology may sounds strong but in reality its just a guide to enhance your life in every aspect. At the end of the day its still you who will decide on every details in your life. Its up to you if you believe it but in case yes why not use it as an option and not as your only choice. Remember, we are the captain of our own ship so whatever happens to us in the end it still us who decide on it.
The Following User Says Thank You to leonardyuri For This Useful Post:
MoonBucket (04-10-2018)
Unread 11-08-2011, 04:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonardyuri View Post
It should not affect one's life because Astrology may sounds strong but in reality its just a guide to enhance your life in every aspect. At the end of the day its still you who will decide on every details in your life. Its up to you if you believe it but in case yes why not use it as an option and not as your only choice. Remember, we are the captain of our own ship so whatever happens to us in the end it still us who decide on it.
I agree, plus I like past life regressionist Brian Weiss, author, teacher

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BVJfAXp_Hc
Unread 11-11-2011, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonardyuri View Post
I agree but only up to a certain point: I found out the hard way that bad things happen to good people all the time.

Unread 12-08-2011, 11:28 PM
Banned

Most people won't believe you when you tell them anyway.

Dont even bring up astrology unless your asked, or around similar company, or ull just wind up defending it to close minded bigots.
The Following User Says Thank You to Imitation_Scorpion For This Useful Post:
MoonBucket (04-10-2018)
Unread 12-09-2011, 07:33 AM

- Believing that Astrology is in some way correlated with lucky numbers and lotto tickets.

- Adding in every asteroid and harmonic gadget.

- Giving readings on the assumption that the natal chart is the executor of someone's life, rather than the roadmap.

Probably the biggest 'don't', imo, is reading each point and sign in a chart discretely, and not as a part of a whole system...

“What is the above is from the below and the below is from the above. The work of wonders is from one." - The Emerald Tablet of Hermes Trismegistus

Ut in omnibus glorificetur Deus
The Following User Says Thank You to PaxMercurius For This Useful Post:
MoonBucket (04-10-2018)
Unread 12-09-2011, 09:18 AM
Banned

Don't get me started on the "don'ts of astrology"
Unread 12-09-2011, 12:22 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to hypnotiqu3

Astrology is another language. Some of us are fluent, some of us are practicing/studying, and some wish not to speak it.
Unread 12-10-2011, 03:01 AM

Quote:
Good thread title, I like it as well...

I can't figure out 10 such don'ts. Instead, I'm going to rely on your help to find them!

I start:

When talking to an astrologer friend, never try to convince him/her about anything by bringing up your natal chart details, such as "I say this because my rising sign is Sagittarius and that means that I like fair play". It never works, only generates a reply like "Yes, but me too, I have..." and then you feel sorry you brought that up.

Ok, your turn!
It is a mistake to to say that any rising sign means such and such. It is much more complicated than that....Everyone with a Sagittarius rising for instance will be very different. Depends on the ruler Jupiter for instance. This is amateur astro talk.....what you quote....
Unread 12-10-2011, 03:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imitation_Scorpion View Post
Most people won't believe you when you tell them anyway.

Dont even bring up astrology unless your asked, or around similar company, or ull just wind up defending it to close minded bigots.
that is so true. It is a complex subject and need great experience and study to achieve competence.... The Church has a lot to do with the prejudice not to mention the daily star sign column in publications which are also rubbish..
Unread 12-10-2011, 03:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asteroid View Post
You've got the whole notion of astrology!!
Another greast mistake is to memorize ready made interpretations from books and articles and use them as dictionary. Free will is so strong that we cannot guarantee how cosmic energies work through human individualities

thus we cannot read fully a chart without knowing one person at all
This is true and people expect you to read their chart without knowing a thing about them.. It is not clairvoyance....We do have free will but astrology can give guidance and trends and we do tend to act according to our natal charts which is an expression of our inherent nature and karma......
Unread 03-01-2012, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Astrology doesn't help you directly and doesn't create opportunities for you. You'll have to create your own opportunities. Astrology merely points out: "Look stupid, this is an opportunity!". Astrology will not help you get a job, if there're are no jobs and you don't know to do anything, unless you are a professional astrologer or an astrology site webmaster, of course Astrology will not get you a good relationship, but will help you understand your relationships. Astrology will not help you win the lottery, but rather explain to you why you didn't (that one is really a bummer, I should probably change it...).
This is the one i consider the most important.

Tags
astrology, donts