Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat

Chat For posts that don't have to do with astrological chart interpretation, but they're still important to you. Gossip, show off, hot topic, spiritual thoughts, Sun sign astrological discussions, chit chat: come in and share!

Unread 10-21-2019, 03:02 PM

Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

I came across a recommendation for this site while exploring Quora. It was described as being written by a guy who was an ascended master himself but he says he realised the domain was free so too it and wanted to write about what he knew for his children. Actually the stuff he says is perfectly reasonable (within the confines of metaphysical topics) and he isnít selling anything.

http://www.ascendedmaster.com/

Our resident immortal fairy, queen of all fairies, Ynnest and our resident king of mermaids, David Starling, read energy too and would probably agree with the majority of what is written. I like it because it doesnít contain any stupid names or theories about the spirit world, like most modern spiritual texts contain.

Unread 10-21-2019, 03:57 PM

On the previous discussion on dignity and what is meant by "strength", I think this article does a good job of demarcating the different ways a planet can make its presence felt in a chart. Instead of the vague word strength, a planet's effect is broken up into its volume, prototypicality and it's pertinence.

http://www.sevenstarsastrology.com/c...ner-revisited/
Unread 10-21-2019, 08:22 PM

Oh, it will also strike you that he calls on the name Urania when he speaks on the higher intelligence governing astrological influences.
Unread 10-21-2019, 09:07 PM

Iíve recently become interested in animal communication and am part of a fb group. Thereís a lady who has been posting examples of her animal communication stories and I have to say, they are a joy to read. But Iíve just seen her advertise $100 readings for live or deceased pets Ďbut please no lost pets because I donít know how to locate them yet.í Well, fake spiritual types make me sick so I replied to her advert that she shouldnít be charging $100 for something she is not fully competent with and leaving out the only verifiable thing.
Unread 10-21-2019, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukpoohbear View Post
Iíve recently become interested in animal communication and am part of a fb group. Thereís a lady who has been posting examples of her animal communication stories and I have to say, they are a joy to read. But Iíve just seen her advertise $100 readings for live or deceased pets Ďbut please no lost pets because I donít know how to locate them yet.í Well, fake spiritual types make me sick so I replied to her advert that she shouldnít be charging $100 for something she is not fully competent with and leaving out the only verifiable thing.
Good progression, uk. Hopefully you will soon meeting up with your future partner from that group. Avoid any mumbo-jumbo mantra when to attaining such pinacle, which you had been done in the past. Good luck.
Unread 10-21-2019, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunConjunctUranus View Post
Good progression, uk. Hopefully you will soon meeting up with your future partner from that group. Avoid any mumbo-jumbo mantra when to attaining such pinacle, which you had been done in the past. Good luck.
Why are you become so cold in this past weeks, uk?
Unread 10-21-2019, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
Pretty quiet. Mars transiting Libra?
Mars is currently transiting the sign of my MC and the last new moon was exactly on the MC degree in my chart. So you can imagine where the focus has been this past month.

Also on the astrological front, Jupiter is currently on its natal location, and over the weekend something happened to me that exemplified it's natal position - ruling the 4th sign (Pisces), Saturn in Pisces, and the issue of "return". It is ancestral and completely unknown to me. Astrology proves itself more and more to me everyday. It might be easier for me to see the effects in my chart because it's "chrematistikos". I'm aware that some charts don't show astrological effects so readily.

http://www.astrology-x-files.com/zodiac/glossary.html
david starling (10-22-2019)
Unread 10-21-2019, 11:30 PM

All the lonely people, where do they all belong...
Unread 10-22-2019, 12:58 AM

Smile Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiracy theorist View Post
Mars is currently transiting the sign of my MC and the last new moon was exactly on the MC degree in my chart. So you can imagine where the focus has been this past month.

Also on the astrological front, Jupiter is currently on its natal location, and over the weekend something happened to me that exemplified it's natal position - ruling the 4th sign (Pisces), Saturn in Pisces, and the issue of "return". It is ancestral and completely unknown to me. Astrology proves itself more and more to me everyday. It might be easier for me to see the effects in my chart because it's "chrematistikos". I'm aware that some charts don't show astrological effects so readily.

http://www.astrology-x-files.com/zodiac/glossary.html
You had your Jup Return!
Nice glossary.

Last edited by david starling; 10-22-2019 at 01:02 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to david starling For This Useful Post:
conspiracy theorist (10-22-2019)
Unread 10-22-2019, 01:11 AM

Merc in Scorpio is a Benefactor (12/12). Helps with revelatory thinking.
Mars is moving into an activating Square with its nemesis, Saturn:
Advantage, Saturn (in versus Mars in ). Caution is advised.
Unread 10-22-2019, 01:12 AM

Quote:
On the previous discussion on dignity and what is meant by "strength", I think this article does a good job of demarcating the different ways a planet can make its presence felt in a chart. Instead of the vague word strength, a planet's effect is broken up into its volume, prototypicality and it's pertinence.

http://www.sevenstarsastrology.com/c...ner-revisited/
That was helpful, though the Dahmer example was kind of overpowering. The interlinked articles are all good too.
Unread 10-22-2019, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
Merc in Scorpio is a Benefactor (12/12). Helps with revelatory thinking.
Mars is moving into an activating Square with its nemesis, Saturn:
Advantage, Saturn (in versus Mars in ). Caution is advised.
How long does the square last?
Unread 10-22-2019, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by passiflora View Post
That was helpful, though the Dahmer example was kind of overpowering. The interlinked articles are all good too.
Overpowering, how so?
Unread 10-22-2019, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Overpowering, how so?
What else can you think about with a notorious serial killer in the mix?
Unread 10-22-2019, 01:35 AM

Because I don't have such an emotional reaction to killers, atrocities and the like, I can think about other things related to their lives no problem. But I get your point. I took it as exemplifying the fact that essential dignity does not equal good, competent or dignified in the common sense. Which I've noticed based on real life chart examples, yet the formulaic treatment of essential dignities remains in the people who call themselves traditional astrologers today. Medieval followers more so than those inspired by Hellenism. But even that difference isn't acknowledged by some practitioners.

Last edited by conspiracy theorist; 10-22-2019 at 01:38 AM.
Unread 10-22-2019, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Because I don't have such an emotional reaction to killers, atrocities and the like, I can think about other things related to their lives no problem. But I get your point. I took it as exemplifying the fact that essential dignity does not equal good, competent or dignified in the common sense. Which I've noticed based on real life chart examples, yet the formulaic treatment of essential dignities remains in the people who call themselves traditional astrologers today. Medieval followers more so than those inspired by Hellenism. But even that difference isn't acknowledged by some practitioners.
Indeed, the article and website and generally is refreshing in that way. The author did seem a bit fascinated by the serial killer, though. Take a look at the relative amount of space devoted to the positive example and the negative example.
Unread 10-22-2019, 01:57 AM

Maybe the sensationalism of serial killing captures the imagination more than a billionaire media tycoon?

Here's another one of his chart analysis articles, with a look on the brighter side of things. http://www.sevenstarsastrology.com/b...ogy-of-comedy/

Liz Greene and the psychological astrologers weren't the inventors of qualitative reading of planets in signs (i.e. Moon in a Mars sign means something beyond it's dignity). I remember reading a lot of that type of delineation in Maternus a few years back.
Unread 10-22-2019, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Speaking of Daumer's chart, score one for 12/12, keying off the Ascendant to determine the final Dispositor. Conventionally, in both Trad and Mod, Venus is Domicle-ruler of both Libra and Taurus, so with Asc in Libra and its Domicle-ruler also Domicled in Taurus, Venus would have held that position. But, according to 12/12, the Domicle-ruler of Taurus is the Age-indicator, now in Capricorn, Saturn's Domicle, which makes Saturn the final Dispositor, squaring Moon in Aries, and the leg of the T-square with the Moon opposite the Ascendant.
The Age-relationship between Saturn and Venus has resulted in the hybrid villain, "Lucifer", in Milton's Paradise Lost, in place of the original, benevolent, Roman version of the planet Venus as the Morning-star, or "Light-bringer". It's a combination of Saturn, the Domicle-ruler of this Age of Capricorn (as "Satan") and Venus, the Regulating-ruler of Capricorn, which attempts to balance out Saturn's influence. Given the Tyrannosaurus Rex nature of Saturn, that attempt is fraught with difficulties. More people have a real problem with Saturn in their Charts than any other Sign-ruler, as witnessed by the appellation "Greater Malefic" in Traditionalistic astrology.

Last edited by david starling; 10-22-2019 at 02:45 AM.
Unread 10-22-2019, 02:47 AM

If Mars still rules Aries in 12/12, how can Saturn be final dispositor? Mercury in Gemini?
Unread 10-22-2019, 02:56 AM

Quote:
If Mars still rules Aries in 12/12, how can Saturn be final dispositor? Mercury in Gemini?
I'm keying off the Ascendant in Libra, Domicile-ruled by Venus in Taurus, Domicile-ruled by the Age-indicator in Capricorn, Domicile-ruled by Saturn.
Unread 10-22-2019, 02:58 AM

Quote:
How long does the square last?
Exact on Oct. 27, separating 5 degree Orb on Nov. 1st.
Unread 10-22-2019, 03:03 AM

A final dispositor can't occur if you have more than one domiciled planet in the chart. What makes a dispositor final is that every other planet leads back to it. Since Mars rules Aries, it is its own dispositor and does not go through the rulership chain to Capricorn, same for Mercury.

An example of a chart with a final dispositor would be: Sun in Aries, Moon in Cancer, Mercury in Taurus, Venus in Aries, Mars in Cancer, Jupiter in Libra, Saturn in Libra, Uranus in Gemini, Neptune in Leo, Pluto in Leo.

No matter which planet you start with everything leads back to the Cancer Moon.

Pluto - > Sun -> Mars -> Moon
Neptune -> Sun -> Mars -> Moon
Saturn -> Venus -> Mars ->Moon
Jupiter -> Venus -> Mars -> Moon
Venus -> Mars -> Moon
Mars -> Moon
Mercury -> Venus -> Mars -> Moon

etc
Unread 10-22-2019, 03:16 AM

Quote:
A final dispositor can't occur if you have more than one domiciled planet in the chart. What makes a dispositor final is that every other planet leads back to it. Since Mars rules Aries, it is its own dispositor and does not go through the rulership chain to Capricorn, same for Mercury.

An example of a chart with a final dispositor would be: Sun in Aries, Moon in Cancer, Mercury in Taurus, Venus in Aries, Mars in Cancer, Jupiter in Libra, Saturn in Libra, Uranus in Gemini, Neptune in Leo, Pluto in Leo.

No matter which planet you start with everything leads back to the Cancer Moon.

Pluto - > Sun -> Mars -> Moon
Neptune -> Sun -> Mars -> Moon
Saturn -> Venus -> Mars ->Moon
Jupiter -> Venus -> Mars -> Moon
Venus -> Mars -> Moon
Mars -> Moon
Mercury -> Venus -> Mars -> Moon

etc
Interesting. That's not in the glossary you linked to, and I hadn't heard of it. The word "final", as I understood it, is that it's a Dispositor sequence ending with a Domicled planet, so it stops there. I just see the Domicled Mars in this case, as a "firm" placement, on its own. (Notice the description "firm", instead of "strong". )
Is there another Trad description of the method I use?
Unread 10-22-2019, 03:19 AM

afaik final dispositorship isn't a traditional thing. From what I've seen, the immediate ruler is looked at and no further in the older material.
Unread 10-22-2019, 03:26 AM

Quote:
afaik final dispositorship isn't a traditional thing. From what I've seen, the immediate ruler is looked at and no further in the older material.
I could describe what I'm doing as the Asc-Sequence Dispositorship, with a final Dispositor only in the case of a Domicled placement.
If what you described for "final Dispositor" isn't Trad, whose requirement is it?