Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Dignities & debilities

Dignities & debilities Board for discussing planets in dignities and debilities in natal charts.


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Unread 04-05-2015, 12:59 PM
Bunraku's Avatar
Bunraku Bunraku is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Milky Way Galaxy
Posts: 4,362
Re: The Moon in Dignity and Debility

The key is efficiently dealing with emotion and being comfortable with it rather than going to the extreme of being very emotional

Reply With Quote
  #52  
Unread 04-05-2015, 03:07 PM
Oddity's Avatar
Oddity Oddity is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 2,982
Re: The Moon in Dignity and Debility

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALRESCHA View Post
I joined the forum to talk about this.
I guess it's the traits of the Moon in Scorpio that helped them decide that the Moon is exalted in Taurus , but I just can't wrap my head around that. My ego is hurt a little, but, seriously, if the Moon represents our emotional intelligence, why not go with the Pisces-Virgo opposition? Is fertility and finding peace in the very basic things in life that qualifies Taurus still the prime quality of the Moon?
What about psychology? Isn't it time to modernise and stop worshipping the holy mother cow in females? There are other qualities to the soul than mothering, right?
Seriously, if the Moon is the instrument of feeling, why not appreciate the Moon with the highest potential to feel the most, one that is often found in great ascetics?
Bunraku's right - Taurus modulates the expression of the moon and lends stability. Also, if you look at ancient and medieval astrology, there is precious little myth driving the interpretation - myth as astrological meaning is a modern invention.

But I question the idea that the moon rules emotions wholesale. In traditional astrology it's said to rule the instinctive mind (amongst other things). I think emotions are more likely to get split up - security may be well-represented by the moon, anger is more likely to go to Mars, love to Venus, etc.

It's the interplay of the moon and Mercury that is said to somewhat determine your mental state and how your rational and instinctive mind work together.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Oddity For This Useful Post:
JUPITERASC (04-09-2015)
  #53  
Unread 04-06-2015, 12:20 PM
ALRESCHA ALRESCHA is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: 18.2924N 109.2083E
Posts: 580
Re: The Moon in Dignity and Debility

Well, I suppose that Bunraku and me could agree that the heart, the soul and the mind are a single thing we could call Kokoro

I understand what the key is, but I feel like we need to shift the paradigm.

What does the soul do but feel? The Moon shines down upon us when we sleep. Just like our subconscious mind, the soul won't leave the body even when it sleeps.

Bear with me, I have learned so many languages and now I can't speak any of them properly, but I'll try to express myself as well as possible.

I agree that the traits of the Scorpio Moon are the worst, and we need an opposition to make balance to it, but, I just can't help but count the Moon as the soul, and I am just not happy with counting a Taurus soul as exalted, when I don't see that it has much in common with the divine. Then again, it's about the value system.

And also, I am not saying that the myth made them decide they should count Taurus Moon exalted, obviously, the holy mother cow myth is not Western in origin, but I wanted to say that the impression that I get is that that's what it comes to, that the situation reminds me of the holy cow myth. When we get to the bottom of it, staying relaxed whatever happens comes from their need to find peace in concrete fruits of the world, and I believe that the exalted soul vibrates on a level much higher than that. Not giving a flying **** unless it jeopardizes my food and all other thing that the 2nd house stands for, avoiding connection to the people, the abstract, how is that exalted, come on?

I see a similar type of cruelty in Virgo and Scorpio Moons.

My Moon is in Pisces. I suggest you agree that the Buddha and I have much more in common than a Moon sign that just stares back at you when you try to talk to them about abstract terms, and goes: God? Can you eat that? I hope you get my point... I am not about harsh generalizations, and I didn't mean to offend anyone! I just wanted to know what other people think about this I have only found 1 other person counting Pisces Moon as the exalted so far
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Unread 04-06-2015, 02:25 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 50,385
Re: The Moon in Dignity and Debility

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALRESCHA View Post

......but, I just can't help but count the Moon as the soul,
and I am just not happy with counting a Taurus soul as exalted,
when I don't see that it has much in common with the divine.

Then again, it's about the value system.
If your value systems 'counts the Moon as the soul'
then certainly a Taurus Moon by your definition
definitely does indeed 'have much in common with the divine'

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALRESCHA View Post

And also, I am not saying that the myth made them decide they should count Taurus Moon exalted,
obviously, the holy mother cow myth is not Western in origin,
but I wanted to say that the impression that I get is that that's what it comes to, that the situation reminds me of the holy cow myth.
When we get to the bottom of it, staying relaxed whatever happens comes from their need to find peace in concrete fruits of the world,
and I believe that the exalted soul vibrates on a level much higher than that.
Not giving a flying **** unless it jeopardizes my food and all other thing that the 2nd house stands for,
avoiding connection to the people, the abstract, how is that exalted, come on?
Bob Dylan ~ a taurus moon ~ is most definitely strongly 'connected to the people'
and thus
defeats your argument
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Unread 04-09-2015, 05:16 AM
Cactus's Avatar
Cactus Cactus is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 71
Re: The Moon in Dignity and Debility

Once in a while I check the forums here. Nothing has changed. ^^^ Arrogance takes precedence, I suppose..Bob Dylan…ONE person among millions of peeps who have a Taurus Moon..does not 'defeat' any argument.

It's really a shame that most posts on this whole forum are supposedly (self-proclaimed by troll) 'defeated in argument' like this.

And I don't see any 'argument' coming from Alrescha, so none there to be defeated.

My husband has a Taurus Moon. I have a Pisces Moon. I can understand where Alrescha is coming from.

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cactus For This Useful Post:
ALRESCHA (04-09-2015)
  #56  
Unread 04-09-2015, 07:24 AM
Blacknight Blacknight is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 177
Re: The Moon in Dignity and Debility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactus View Post
Once in a while I check the forums here. Nothing has changed. ^^^ Arrogance takes precedence, I suppose..Bob DylanONE person among millions of peeps who have a Taurus Moon..does not 'defeat' any argument.

It's really a shame that most posts on this whole forum are supposedly (self-proclaimed by troll) 'defeated in argument' like this.

And I don't see any 'argument' coming from Alrescha, so none there to be defeated.

My husband has a Taurus Moon. I have a Pisces Moon. I can understand where Alrescha is coming from.

Hey it's one person's opinion versus another opinion. Neither example provided is very objective. And how is it fair to lump one moon sign placement into a corner based on a narrow perspective and expect that to be a fair assessment? Especially when it goes against basic tenants of astrology? Venus is already exalted in Pisces after all...

My dad has a pisces moon. He tends to be emotionally unstable. It would be unfair for me to generalize that experience by applying it to everyone with a pisces moon placement just the same as it is unfair for Alrescha to argue/opinionate a generalized assessment of a taurus moon placement using the same thinking.

And good astrology takes the whole chart into perspective. It doesn't cherry pick planet placements. A taurus moon will behave differently if venus is in virgo compared to a venus in pisces, and then that will depend on the position of mercury or jupiter and so on.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blacknight For This Useful Post:
JUPITERASC (04-09-2015)
  #57  
Unread 04-09-2015, 10:01 AM
ALRESCHA ALRESCHA is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: 18.2924N 109.2083E
Posts: 580
Re: The Moon in Dignity and Debility

I wasn't talking about people's individual charts.
And it's sad for some people that they can't stop competing, they see everything as an argument. But we are lucky to have them.
Maybe they didn't count Lunar Pisces exalted because so many of us tend to flee and retreat when the emotions flood us. And I understand. But we just naturally channel the otherworldly, so it made me wonder.
Back in the day, the people worshiped Dionysus, while we focus on the spiritual today. So why not...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Unread 04-09-2015, 04:53 PM
Oddity's Avatar
Oddity Oddity is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 2,982
Re: The Moon in Dignity and Debility

I think my biggest problem with this is that when I learned astrology, I learned that one is to judge the planets, not to judge the clients, because you can't, you haven't lived their lives. And if anything, you should learn compassion for people.

That certainly has turned around a lot. And not in a good way.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Oddity For This Useful Post:
JUPITERASC (04-09-2015)
  #59  
Unread 04-09-2015, 05:32 PM
ALRESCHA ALRESCHA is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: 18.2924N 109.2083E
Posts: 580
Re: The Moon in Dignity and Debility

I am not judging anyone, and I won't be stealing your clients, I have to tell you, now that I understand the motives behind your attitude.
One thing that I understand about astrology is that being good at it takes having honor, respect and love for all. And it certainly does not help if you count the symbols as the exact numbers from a phone book. One can never synthesize that way.
I love Taurus Moons, I can't say that enough.
Stop misinterpreting my posts purposely, stop it. Stick to the topic here.
Do you have an opinion on why Taurus Moon is exalted?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Unread 04-09-2015, 05:41 PM
Blacknight Blacknight is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 177
Re: The Moon in Dignity and Debility

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALRESCHA View Post
I wasn't talking about people's individual charts.
And it's sad for some people that they can't stop competing, they see everything as an argument.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALRESCHA View Post
My Moon is in Pisces. I suggest you agree that the Buddha and I have much more in common than a Moon sign that just stares back at you when you try to talk to them about abstract terms, and goes: God? Can you eat that? I hope you get my point... I am not about harsh generalizations, and I didn't mean to offend anyone! I just wanted to know what other people think about this
That part of your post suggested your experience with a taurus moon happened between you and another individual...

argument: A reason or set of reasons given with the aim of persuading others that an action or idea is right or wrong.

There is nothing inherently wrong with an argument. Any time a someone states an opinion, they are creating an argument. Maybe the word has a negative connotation at this point, but that's unfortunate. An opinion is an argument of an idea.

It's good to express opinions and it's good to argue. It's healthy. Part of human development and all that.

As for why the moon is exalted in taurus... that's a good question. I wonder if there are historical texts that explain the reason.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blacknight For This Useful Post:
JUPITERASC (04-09-2015)
  #61  
Unread 04-09-2015, 05:48 PM
Oddity's Avatar
Oddity Oddity is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 2,982
Re: The Moon in Dignity and Debility

I assume you're not interested in the geometry of the Thema Mundi, or if you are you can look it up - exaltations of nocturnal planets are in sextile to the rulership signs.

Let's say one of the primary real-world impulses of the moon is to nurture, to take care of people. Taurus moon is very very good at that because it's stable and does not get easily rocked emotionally. It gives the impulse to nurture a good chance to manifest in the real world.

Now, if the kind of astrology you do mostly connects to psychology, I can see why that wouldn't be worth much, as it's more about feelings and thoughts, and not about what actually happens to people, or what they do. But modern astrology has pretty much ditched dignities for not being democratic anyway, so there's no need to petition for a new exaltation scheme.

Of course, even if you have a Taurus moon, it's going to depend on house placements, aspects, etc. And there are certainly people with other moon signs (I've known a few Virgo moon folks like this in my own life) who are really good at taking care of people. Or you could have a Taurus moon that's horribly afflicted, so things don't work out.

It's complicated. What I don't see the point of is trashing or praising people because of planetary placements, or making sweeping generalisations about same.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oddity For This Useful Post:
JUPITERASC (04-09-2015), melleoscorp (04-18-2015)
  #62  
Unread 04-09-2015, 05:53 PM
ALRESCHA ALRESCHA is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: 18.2924N 109.2083E
Posts: 580
Re: The Moon in Dignity and Debility

Stop assuming, please.

But I have never, ever had a bad experience with a Taurus Moon.

I was comparing the two positions and I only said where my Moon lies so that the people would know that I know for sure what I am talking about. So far, I have only found one other person that counts Pisces Moon exalted, so I wanted to know if anyone else does too.

And I am not generalizing, I have had a terrible experience with a Pisces Moon personally.

We are naturally connected to all, that was the point of mentioning Buddha.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Unread 04-09-2015, 09:05 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 50,385
Re: The Moon in Dignity and Debility

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALRESCHA View Post

Stop assuming, please.

But I have never, ever had a bad experience with a Taurus Moon.

I was comparing the two positions and I only said where my Moon lies so that the people would know that I know for sure what I am talking about.

So far, I have only found one other person that counts Pisces Moon exalted,
so I wanted to know if anyone else does too.


And I am not generalizing, I have had a terrible experience with a Pisces Moon personally.

We are naturally connected to all, that was the point of mentioning Buddha.
The third column of the following table lists the EXALTATIONS

Taurus is the Exaltation of the Moon
Pisces is the Exaltation of Venus

HOW TO READ THIS TABLE
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/essential_dignities.html

__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Unread 04-10-2015, 03:33 PM
ALRESCHA ALRESCHA is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: 18.2924N 109.2083E
Posts: 580
Re: The Moon in Dignity and Debility

Will you ever get tired of posting that thank you, but please elaborate what you think. I would like to read that.
Being able to synthesize is the only reason we are better than software, don't just memorize information and shoot it when required...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Unread 04-10-2015, 03:54 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 50,385
Re: The Moon in Dignity and Debility

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALRESCHA View Post

Will you ever get tired of posting that thank you,
but please elaborate what you think. I would like to read that.
Being able to synthesize is the only reason we are better than software, don't just memorize information and shoot it when required...
Astrology, including modern astrology, is based on these dignities and debilities of the planets

HOW TO READ THIS TABLE http://www.skyscript.co.uk/essential_dignities.html



for discussions on any new theory any member may have
then the appropriate forum is RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT subforum
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...splay.php?f=91

QUOTE

"....RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT is a forum designed for applying scientific methods and understanding
to all approaches of astrology, cooperative formulation and testing of new ideas
re-examination of known methods of delineation and interpretation..."
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JUPITERASC For This Useful Post:
ALRESCHA (04-10-2015)
  #66  
Unread 10-19-2019, 08:17 PM
moosebouse moosebouse is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 9
Re: The Moon in Dignity and Debility

This thread is really interesting. I have a Scorpio Moon (6th house) opposite my Taurus Venus in the 12th. I believe this is a hot mess of a combination in that my practical side (Venus is the only earth in my chart) stymies my emotions, which are both reclusive and prone to intense fluctuation.

I feel like maybe this opposition aspect keeps the watery-ness of the scorpio moon from full expression, because it runs into all this earth in the powerful venus in taurus. Like venus is the dam holding back the flood, lol. A host of powerful emotions are not trusted, not expressed, and held back where they conflict with venutian priorities - comfort, security, aesthetics, my sense of loyalty. But maybe that has nothing to do with the Venus and is just normal scorpio moon stuff. Idk.

On the other hand, the scorpio moon occasionally overpowers the venus and then people are like whoa, where did that come from? as I'm off, you know, burning everything to the ground with aries energy and scorpio passion. whoops.

Also I think the stuff about the mom is on point. My mother died of ovarian cancer. We had a complicated relationship to say the least.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
debility, dignity, moon

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
An Introduction to Planetary Dignity and Debility Arian Maverick Dignities & debilities 131 09-29-2017 09:57 AM
The Sun in Dignity or Debility Arian Maverick Dignities & debilities 7 07-09-2007 08:24 PM
Fate vs. Free Will Arian Maverick Horary Astrology 2 07-01-2006 01:11 AM
Will I get the job? Will it worth it? MidnightDevil Career-related Horary Questions 30 03-07-2006 11:47 PM
Will this business partnership works? Springup Horary Astrology 9 03-07-2006 07:56 AM



All times are GMT. The time now is 12:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.