Abraham Lincoln

miquar

Hello Freinds.

I went to see the film, Lincoln, last night, having glanced at the birth chart of Abraham Lincoln before hand. I haven't posted the chart because everything I try either expires or is blurred. Someone else may wish to find it in astro.com and post it on this thread.

I am very ignorant of history - I honestly didn't even know whether or not the 13th amendment would get passed at the end of the film! So the thoughts I share here are based on the way Lincoln was represented in the film, which only covers the last few months of his life.

But anyway, I was really struck by the strength of his Aquarian idealism (Sun rising in Aquarius) - also Mars in Libra. But he was also very practical, and his Moon in Capricorn came through in the way he seemed to have taken so much on board from his own experiences and others'. He was portrayed many times in the film using great practical wisdom to change people's minds and bring them round to his way of seeing things (Moon feeding the Sun?)

But what most intrigued me was his duplicity (Neptune exactly culminating, with Mercury conjunct Pluto in Pisces). He was portrayed as being very honest about his deliberately vague interpretation of his legal powers with regard to the war, and other things too, and near the end of the film he sends a deliberately ambiguous letter to prevent the vote on the amendment being postponed, knowing that once the war was over, support for the amendment would weaken. Yet it seemed that he used duplicity and loose interpretation of law with great honour (Aquarius, Capricorn, Libra, Saturn conjunct Neptune at the midheaven). He was also a very seductive character it seems - able to win people over quite easily, but not for his own benefit.

Anyway, I just wanted to recommend the film to those who haven't seen it, and to invite comments from anyone who has seen the film and/or knows about Lincoln and wants to add to my sparse comments.