How do you handle your emotional pain?

Blaze

Account Closed
When was the last time you felt emotional pain? How long did that moment last?

I just laugh at the finite feelings the mind conjures up. :lol:

waybread

Give it time. Time is the great healer.

A poor memory is a big asset.

Letting go of the people who hurt you. This does not mean condoning what they did, but refusing to fixate on them any more. If you cannot do this on your own, consider seeing a therapist if you are not seeing one already.

Nature is a great healer.

So is vigorous exercise.

Ness22

Give it time. Time is the great healer.

A poor memory is a big asset.

Letting go of the people who hurt you. This does not mean condoning what they did, but refusing to fixate on them any more. If you cannot do this on your own, consider seeing a therapist if you are not seeing one already.

Nature is a great healer.

So is vigorous exercise.

This is great advice!
Unfortunately, I have a cancer moon and my memory is really good (which can be a plus side in some things). And this is NOT one of those things. So, I have a really hard time forgetting and letting go of hurt and painful situations.
Time is a good healer but it can take quite a while, depending on the situation, and provided you distance yourself from it.

waybread

Cancer is a very caring sign.

Without meaning to dismiss the difficulties you've been through, see if caring for those less fortunate than yourself helps. Who those people (or even animals) might be depends upon your inclinations, which should show up in your horoscope.

SunnyTerra

I think about how I can reinvent myself, and get lots of sleep. Sometimes I will withdraw from whoever or whatever caused this emotional pain for a long time. Distance helps me.

Domna

I distract myself (neptunian escapism to the rescue) until the pain is less raw. Then I try to rationally think through the situation. What was it that hurt me? Was it a specific situation that might be avoidable in the future? Did a person intend to hurt me, or could it be that I misinterpreted? When it comes to other people I try to interpret everything in the best possible light. It's not really in me to think that someone is out to hurt me, unless it is really blatantly done. And if there wasn't any intention to harm then I find that the hurt is much easier to let go of. Also helps that it's easy for me to forget things in general. That which I don't dwell on will start to fade pretty quick.