To be a feminist is to be evolved and enlightened

Bunraku

There is nothing more human than helping oppressed peoples gain the rights and advantages that they deserve. :joyful: Isn’t this the true meaning of kindness? Why should people be oppressed based on their gender or race or class? Feminism fights against such things and helps people thrive and increase their quality of living. This is the sign of an evolved and enlightened person. The age of Aquarius highlights the age of equality and the people. :joyful: Has anyone noticed that Aquarians always fight for equality and rights. Marx was an Aquarius.

IleneK

Premium Member
The evolved person vows to free all beings from suffering: both the oppressed and the oppressor. This is the true "Aquarian," one who integrates, who bears the tension between, the opposites.
It is this that is the true meaning of kindness. And courage.

StillOne

The age of Aquarius highlights the age of equality and the people. :joyful:

In my opinion, we are in the middle of this transition now. As evidenced by recent news, there is incredible tension and rapid change going on at the moment. In my opinion, the age of Aquarius will really become interesting when... wait for it... transiting Pluto enters Aquarius! :smile:

blackbery

I wouldn't say that a feminist is necessarily more evolved and enlightened but they could be. They are just more aware of how oppressive this world is towards women and how they are considered 2nd class citizens. Their focus is to understand how society contributes to this hatred of women and how we can cope in such a society. My smart sister always said that if a woman is 40 yrs old and not a feminist, then she is just too ignorant for words. Because how can you see the abuse of women over and over again in this world and not want to fight against the unfairness.
I have noticed that very religious women are the least likely to be feminists. In fact, they think feminists are too radical, too angry and stay away from feminist causes. They usually always vote 'conservative' which is a joke as most conservative parties in the world are against women's rights and are always imposing male values on women.
So society and laws don't change and men get away with abusing women over & over again.

Many activists focus on what resonates with them most. So for many women, it's feminism. For people of colour, it's race relations. Others, it's to fight for animal rights.
Etc.

I do have Aquarius Rising and always been involved in social causes since my 30s. I have rallied with supporters for many causes but never joined any of them as a member.
Prefer to just pick a cause, a fight, a protest that resonates with me and off I go. I can
tell when the protest is going to turn violent and leave immed as I don't want to be tear-gassed or 'kettled' or arrested. People would be surprised as some of the horrible police tactics used but then again, a small minority of protestors always start smashing windows or burning cars and then the police have to react. I'm long gone by then.

It's good that many men now stand up for women's rights as they all have mothers, sisters, daughters, aunts, best friends. But we still have a long long way to go before
this society is equal and fair.

BB

Adding my own thoughts.

I am Uranus, Neptune, Saturn in 11th and my North Node is Aquarius.

I question things inside my head, why do we need money, why was i born innocently into a world that demands i work for people just to live.

Add on top of this my Cancer nature, and having Taurus moon and mars in the home house of Taurus, it's a real mix up of mixed feelings and thoughts.

Equality only works when everyone is involved and we are on the same track, and unfortunately we are so far away from it.

It goes far further than female vs male.

http://www.truenode.org/north-node-by-house/north-node-in-12th-house/

12th house NN.

Last edited:

StillOne

I question things inside my head, why do we need money, why was i born innocently into a world that demands i work for people just to live.

I think this topic is being questioned universally at the moment. With automation, robotics, artificial intelligence, etc. at some point we may not have to work anymore. AI & Company may just do that for us... well we hope. As Elon Musk says, “I mean, we won’t be like a pet Labrador if we’re lucky.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/innovations/wp/2015/03/24/elon-musk-neil-degrasse-tyson-laugh-about-artificial-intelligence-turning-the-human-race-into-its-pet-labrador/?utm_term=.039245d2e5b4

I think this topic is being questioned universally at the moment. With automation, robotics, artificial intelligence, etc. at some point we may not have to work anymore. AI & Company may just do that for us... well we hope. As Elon Musk says, “I mean, we won’t be like a pet Labrador if we’re lucky.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/innovations/wp/2015/03/24/elon-musk-neil-degrasse-tyson-laugh-about-artificial-intelligence-turning-the-human-race-into-its-pet-labrador/?utm_term=.039245d2e5b4

The big issue i have is the narrow field of thinking and vision on a grand scale, if you don't want to work, you are deemed lazy.

The issues for myself, i want to work, to bring in money, but deep inside i don't.

I want to have a family, spend my time helping others, why does this have to cost money? why do i NEED to do this to get something for myself? why can i not just be me?

Money revolves around everything.

I would much rather give my wife (i'm single but just saying) a massage all day than work all day doing some mans work just to live. Enjoy the comforts of life.
My way is still work, no one else could do what i can do because no one is a duplicate, there are people like minded however.

We are not allowed to truly live by our own natures. And this is oppression.

Oppression because we are brainwashed into society.

Don't get me started on the ******** about other countries getting aid, it don't take as long as it has to help a country in dire need with the resources the western world has.

StillOne

The big issue i have is the narrow field of thinking and vision on a grand scale, if you don't want to work, you are deemed lazy.

The issues for myself, i want to work, to bring in money, but deep inside i don't.

Unfortunately most of us have to work while incarnated here. Some are lucky not to have to, but I'm not so sure they are any better off than the rest... It sounds like you're working on your vision and that's a good thing.

I want to have a family, spend my time helping others, why does this have to cost money? why do i NEED to do this to get something for myself? why can i not just be me?
I'm sure you can turn "spending time helping others" into work.

Money revolves around everything.
Unfortunately, it does... for now. Some day it may not.

I would much rather give my wife (i'm single but just saying) a massage all day than work all day doing some mans work just to live. Enjoy the comforts of life.
My way is still work, no one else could do what i can do because no one is a duplicate, there are people like minded however.
You do sound like a Cancer ya know! There was a thread recently on marrying for money... Just kidding! :wink:

We are not allowed to truly live by our own natures. And this is oppression.

Oppression because we are brainwashed into society.

Well, at least you can see through all that! So that's good. Or, is it? The curse of intelligence at it again... :ninja:

ynnest

I wouldn't say that a feminist is necessarily more evolved and enlightened but they could be. They are just more aware of how oppressive this world is towards women and how they are considered 2nd class citizens. Their focus is to understand how society contributes to this hatred of women and how we can cope in such a society. My smart sister always said that if a woman is 40 yrs old and not a feminist, then she is just too ignorant for words. Because how can you see the abuse of women over and over again in this world and not want to fight against the unfairness.
I have noticed that very religious women are the least likely to be feminists. In fact, they think feminists are too radical, too angry and stay away from feminist causes. They usually always vote 'conservative' which is a joke as most conservative parties in the world are against women's rights and are always imposing male values on women.
So society and laws don't change and men get away with abusing women over & over again.

Many activists focus on what resonates with them most. So for many women, it's feminism. For people of colour, it's race relations. Others, it's to fight for animal rights.
Etc.

I do have Aquarius Rising and always been involved in social causes since my 30s. I have rallied with supporters for many causes but never joined any of them as a member.
Prefer to just pick a cause, a fight, a protest that resonates with me and off I go. I can
tell when the protest is going to turn violent and leave immed as I don't want to be tear-gassed or 'kettled' or arrested. People would be surprised as some of the horrible police tactics used but then again, a small minority of protestors always start smashing windows or burning cars and then the police have to react. I'm long gone by then.

It's good that many men now stand up for women's rights as they all have mothers, sisters, daughters, aunts, best friends. But we still have a long long way to go before
this society is equal and fair.

BB

Why do so many women support causes that restricts their rights you would say?

Y

ynnest

In my opinion, we are in the middle of this transition now. As evidenced by recent news, there is incredible tension and rapid change going on at the moment. In my opinion, the age of Aquarius will really become interesting when... wait for it... transiting Pluto enters Aquarius! :smile:

Thank you for that.

Y

Phoenix Venus

Well then how does one acquire the resources to provide for their family?

Regarding the OP, in the most recent moon phase charts for the USA, there have been prominent symbols that deal with the power of women to make changes. :smile: Wouldnt a world ran by women be better? :innocent:

Phoenix Venus

Didn't the Ancient Egyptians already try this? :wink:

I think it'd be great! What will you have the men do?

Most likely it's going to be AI running the world. Enjoy humanity while you have it. :bandit:

Ha. AI? Maybe it already is. :cool: Cant take the human from humanity and the entails the inherent potential that we have.

Well me personally i would have them do what they choose. Freedom baby :p but if women ruled the world, i bet its a lot less likely that they are sent to wars and to do dirty crimes. Maybe wed find healthier ways to let out our aggressions.

waybread

I consider myself to be a card-carrying feminist. As a sun-Aquarian, I have never understood why the condition of being biologically male or female should mean that a person has more or fewer entitlements, respect, or human dignity.

blackbery

I'm not sure. Self hatred perhaps? Ignorance perhaps of how oppressive society is to women?
Most of the religious ones who vote against abortion rights, defunding of planned parenthood in the USA justify their restriction of women's rights by saying they must follow their religious beliefs.:crying::crying::crying:

Why do so many women support causes that restricts their rights you would say?

Y