Everyone who's had transiting Saturn conjunct Natal Ascendant

Judy_AzVirgo

I'm really confused now. I thought that this transit was amongst the most clear and strongest of personal changes possible. Also, it being a fantastic (short-term window) rectification tool. But the descriptions are so varied, you only have to check every tool of natal astrology used in the last 3,000 years and even then it will be wholly personal and individual related to your chart. What? I don't think it's just me, factually speaking, I think there's something imprecise about this. I suppose I'll have to venture further into older astrology to find the answers as usual. :whistling: There must be some common elements that can't be splintered by 'other considerations' or 'personal and individual experiences' otherwise the aspect would be totally indistinguishable from every other aspect. If I find a reliable common element I'll report back. :)

I like the response from Munch. Excellent points, especially about individual responses to transits -- which is what you're seeing on this thread. Also, Saturn transits to the Ascendant relate to the particular Ascendant sign, and to one's "comfort level" with Saturn generally, which will depend on what Saturn is doing in your chart. There are many reasons why everyone's experience is different and individual, and there's no reason at all why people should experience what the cookbooks tell us, since those books don't account for signs and placements of planets; they're really pretty useless.

Just consider, for instance, the concept of death. It can be a real, bodily death; it can be a metaphoric 'death' (of a relationship, a job, cat, whatever... something important to you). I see a lot of that in the responses here.

M

may28gemini

that's interesting, I have Saturn from Libra squaring my natal asc, (Saturn return also, so my Saturn natally squares asc) and few of my teeth have cracked and overall my whole jaw feels ache-y, and my lower back has been hurting a lot almost daily for the past several months. This Saturn retro period seemed to exacerbated it even more :sad:

may28gemini, wow, that's a lot of happenings in your life. Seems like you're going in the right direction after all of it, sounds to me like a textbook example of Saturn return working in on the positive way ;) and Saturn on asc plus Saturn return at the same time, that's huge. I think Jupiter being there too is working well and aspect to Sun giving you strength in the process.

YIKES natal Saturn square Asc! Wow, you've had a really hard time during your Saturn's return haven't you? Geez... cracked teeth? Saturn does rule bones (fitting, as he's concerned about structure). Oh my... that's too bad to hear. I hope you get everything fixed up.

All this talk about how Saturn aspects the ascendant really has got my gray cells working. My best friend has Leo Saturn opposite her Asc and when she was going through her Saturn's return, she developed really bad arthritis and couldn't run anymore (she's been a runner for a long time). By the end of her Saturn's return, she had started to integrate running in little by little. After her Saturn's return (she's 35 now), she's been running in marathons again. Before Saturn's return she ran and took awards home and felt good about that. But after Saturn's return, she does it out of necessity/mental health reasons because it's always been her thing to run miles and miles. She learned to not care less about who "wins" the race but more about who benefits from it. I was telling her that for years. She actually admitted that to me a few weeks ago when she visited. So Saturn's return does always bring an end- an end to anything and everything unnecessary in your life and it allows you to question what is important in your life.

During my Saturn's return (still happening), I became more regularly physically active. I haven't been this regularly active since my teen years playing school sports! I've been puzzled as to why people report health issues popping up esp. bone issues during their Saturn's return and now it all fits- the ascendant is the key! Because Saturn conjuncts my Asc, I flow with whatever foundation needs to be laid. I won't fight it. My Sun listens to my Saturn and they cooperate so I don't do or take action because of ego- I do it out of necessity.

I actually did have a "health" issue pop up just before Saturn entered Libra. I went to the doctor and found out I had fatty liver but didn't look like I was "fat." Well, my doctor told me to do rigorous exercises like I use to do- softball, volleyball, etc. I didn't panic but I took everything seriously and immediately enrolled in a gym, went 3-4x a week, lost weight, gained muscles, regained the athletic look I once had and felt great. After 2 months, I went back to my doctor and I didn't have fatty liver anymore. She was impressed with me and said of all her patients, I'm the one who asks the most questions which is very annoying (Gemini Mercury, can't help it) but I cooperate the quickest. This was when I was 27 and Saturn's return was about to start. Because of that, I still go to the gym 3-4x a week for the past 4 years and counting. On top of that, I came back to cycling and swimming. I do all this out of pure enjoyment. I like physical activity (despite the Taurus Mars LOL) and at the same time, I'm a bit afraid of dying because of bad health, I'd rather just die of old age. The side effect to all this is I think I look so much better now than I did 10 yrs ago at 21 and I've gained confidence in my swagger :happy:. It's all really true that Saturn's return makes a person set foundations for their lives. I can't imagine what life would be like if I didn't go to the gym and exercise.

Last edited:
M

may28gemini

I just want to add, because I had a eureka! moment about Saturn aspecting asc.

I think the Saturn conjunct Asc position is very difficult for youngsters to handle because it seems to go against the very nature of what it's like to be a child (playful, silly, getting in mischief) and adds seriousness, stress, and an overall gloomy disposition. This would further add difficulty for the child if they have Sun trine or conjunct Saturn. All this actually pays off when the child grows up to be an adult and they can grasp the gravity of Saturn and becomes very useful during their Saturn's return as far as adjustments to big life changes go about. But for awhile, certainly in the beginning of life, things would be a bit dim and gloomy for someone with those positions.

That's very true for me. I didn't start to feel good about myself until I was approaching my Saturn's return. Before that, I had so much angst and always thought that there's everything wrong with me and wished that it would get better. During my Saturn's return, I got the opportunities to make everything better, the way I want it to be! I'll admit, if it wasn't for my Jupiter also conjunct my Asc, I would have been completely miserable. Gemini anything (I have Sun, Mercury, Venus) is polar opposite of anything serious. These days, I've learned to add weight and solidity in all manners of the way I present myself with fludity, but still maintain my playful, mischievous, and always, a smart@$$ ways.

I think those who have Saturn square/opposition Asc along with Square/opposition Sun tend to go with the flow much better during childhood and teen years but things start to get rocky during their Saturn's return. Now that I think about it, I've met more people who report Saturn's return as very upsetting and stressful for them and I noticed they have difficult Saturn aspects to their Asc and/or Sun.

All this makes sense as the Sun and Saturn are naturally in contention with one another. Youth belongs to the Sun who likes to be egotistical, loud, showing off, spontaneous, and exciting. Maturity belongs to Saturn who has learned to compromise, solemn, modest, and deliberate. Given these conditions, no wonder those who had a Saturnian childhood end up with having an easier time integrating Saturnian traits in their lives and "grow" up because they were getting there early on in life! If anything, I feel like I've really mellowed out and relaxed since Saturn crossed my Asc and 1st house overall. Maybe it's a Benjamin Button effect- as you age, you get younger. What a great gift from Saturn!

Last edited:

byjove

Account Closed
I like the response from Munch. Excellent points, especially about individual responses to transits -- which is what you're seeing on this thread. Also, Saturn transits to the Ascendant relate to the particular Ascendant sign, and to one's "comfort level" with Saturn generally, which will depend on what Saturn is doing in your chart. There are many reasons why everyone's experience is different and individual, and there's no reason at all why people should experience what the cookbooks tell us, since those books don't account for signs and placements of planets; they're really pretty useless.

Just consider, for instance, the concept of death. It can be a real, bodily death; it can be a metaphoric 'death' (of a relationship, a job, cat, whatever... something important to you). I see a lot of that in the responses here.

I completely agree, I do. I would like to find something common amongst it all. The link I gave in the earlier post is a good start if there's anyone else going down the same route. I'm also a little frustrated because Saturn TR conjunct my Moon about 2 years ago (a Virgo Moon with a natal square to Saturn, opposite Venus also) so it's very, very difficult for me to pinpoint this Saturn on AC transit. :pouty:

feniks

When Saturn hit my ASC I grew up ALOT! Stanrted Standing up for myself more and stopped playing the martyr. My true personality shined :) Needless to say it was very difficult and slow moving. My true self also wasn't easy for me to get used to. I was so used to hiding parts of my personality or conforming to others expectations now I just don't care. On top of it. I was dating a guy who really helped me find myself at the time. He was my good karma for all my exes who tried to change me.

M

may28gemini

When Saturn hit my ASC I grew up ALOT! Stanrted Standing up for myself more and stopped playing the martyr. My true personality shined :) Needless to say it was very difficult and slow moving. My true self also wasn't easy for me to get used to. I was so used to hiding parts of my personality or conforming to others expectations now I just don't care. On top of it. I was dating a guy who really helped me find myself at the time. He was my good karma for all my exes who tried to change me.

Wow that sounds pretty awesome!!! Maybe you got that special someone who truly does understand and accept you for being you. That's very hard to find!!

I going through that particular growing pain when T Saturn crossed my Asc which is conjoined with N Saturn. I experienced 2 major transitions all in 1 hit which made it extra powerful and valuable to me. I went from being someone who was apt to be passive and pleasing and rarely would I ever raise my voice when I generally always object to the majority. Something inside me just clicked... I stood up for myself, I wasn't afraid to bring up bad issues with others, and I didn't care how I looked if I had to fight with others just for the sake of getting what I want (which isn't a lot to begin with). I began to get rid of everything in my life that I couldn't stand and fired back at my bosses telling them they're inadequate. As for the people who weren't useful to me- they just dropped off so I didn't have to get rid of them :joyful:
Surprisingly, more people appreciated me after I became this way than they did before! It was like a major jolt to me and at first I was a bit worried about coming off too harsh but as time goes by, I get more and more comfortable with my "new" self.

Munch

I completely agree, I do. I would like to find something common amongst it all. The link I gave in the earlier post is a good start if there's anyone else going down the same route. I'm also a little frustrated because Saturn TR conjunct my Moon about 2 years ago (a Virgo Moon with a natal square to Saturn, opposite Venus also) so it's very, very difficult for me to pinpoint this Saturn on AC transit. :pouty:

I must confess. Much of my insight is derived from a book called Saturn in Transit (Boundaries of Mind, Body and Soul) by Erin Sullivan.

It was a bit of a hard read for me to get into initially, but I was able to fall into rhythm with her writing style and commentary with a little perseverance. There is a ton of useful information about Saturn and its cycles in this book. I highly recommend it.

I cee

I found Saturn to be very rewarding.
I had pain for many years due to my nerves firing off in the, lets say scorpio ruled parts of my body.
I spent years trying to get answers from gyno's and GP,finally I got yet another symptom of this condition and my bladder started playing up. It was hell at the time and I was home bound, Saturn was in the 12th then.
Ultimately though I found a great womens physio who was fantastic.
After getting help, this then led to the other problems calming down and going away. She was my angel!!
I had neck and back problems also, again nerves and muscles.
When Saturn went over Asc, I found another great Physio and she completely resolved my neck problem.
I got into exercise in a big way and felt great for the first time in years!
So Saturn helped me in my body, big time, I got stronger physically and mentally and sexually,...wow!
Virgo Asc, pluto conj Asc, Uranus was also coming to contact Desc, Pluto sextile natal mars.
So I see Saturn as a greatly beneficial, It took a while, but I was rewarded.
Thankyou Saturn

Judy_AzVirgo

I'm also a little frustrated because Saturn TR conjunct my Moon about 2 years ago (a Virgo Moon with a natal square to Saturn, opposite Venus also) so it's very, very difficult for me to pinpoint this Saturn on AC transit. :pouty:

Ah, well, the aspects of your natal Saturn make the transits a bit confusing for you. Makes sense to me.

Looks as if everyone goes through some sort of change with Saturn at the AC, and I'm amazed at some of the very positive changes related by people here.

melina

I still have Saturn conjunct natal ascendant .... and Mars is also conjunct natal ascendant. Hmmm ..... I feel more in control of my life and feelings.

m0ney*p0wer*re$pect

As of right now Saturn is conjoined with my asc. All I know is that my memories of my boyhood started to come up. Saturn is also count my natal sun right now

But I just started to brood over my past and how much different things could be right now. I started to wish I could go live life over and correct everything. I started to feel aged(I'm 24). Funny how stress and depression can make u feel old. Just endless depressing thoughts. Feeling like I'm in a rut

But, then I started to realize that my boyhood is officially over. It's done. I've lived it and no matter what, I can never change it. One thing I take from my boyhood and desperately wish to change; is giving up when I'm frustrated. It has halted alot of my potential and i see how it has held me back. I've looked for someone to blame, but it's my fault, my responsibility. No matter what, our lives is in our hands and we must step up and admit our mistakes before we can move forward.

I know as of right now, I'm maturing a whole lot. I kno that it's up to me to see things thru and that I must have patients and will power to fight thru my obstacles. I've missed alot of opportunities in my youth because frustration or fear(I'm not shamed to admit it)hold me back. Now at 24, I feel like I'm looking at a fork in the road. Go down the road of immaturity and set myself up for failure, or try to mature into a man and enjoy the rest of my life knowing that fear ad frustration lay way to destruction.

Also this transit is pressuring me to form an identity. An authentic identity. The real me and learning how it's nothing to be a shamed of to be different. I'm being a father to myself right now and it's hard because you not only have to learn right from wrong, you have to follow it. Since Saturn has hot my first house l, I've been searching for a code to follow, a mentor to listen to, and an authortive figure to. Obey. Just lookin for a father figure but only when it hit my sun and asc. Did I start to realize that only I can lead myself, only I can discipline myself because only I am responsible for me.

I can say that Saturn here looks for the real you and after some time, you'll learn to establish the real you and find the real you. All my life I've looked around for someone to show me how to be a man, some book to read or something. But when this aspect hit, man, it opened my eyes and heart. I learned alot from this and it's not over but now I know who I am, as a human and as a man. I know my faults and my skills and I know my faults make me as much a man as my skill does.

One thing Saturn took from me was comfort but it gave me a NW identity when it hit my asc. Also, my ambitions feel so much stronger now.

Caro

I spent years trying to get answers from gyno's and GP,finally I got yet another symptom of this condition and my bladder started playing up. It was hell at the time and I was home bound, Saturn was in the 12th then.
After getting help, this then led to the other problems calming down and going away. She was my angel!!
When Saturn went over Asc, I found another great Physio and she completely resolved my neck problem.

Thankyou Saturn
What a lovely positive story. what a relief for you also.
your a cap sun too - arent you?.

catastrophe

As of right now Saturn is conjoined with my asc. All I know is that my memories of my boyhood started to come up. Saturn is also count my natal sun right now

But I just started to brood over my past and how much different things could be right now. I started to wish I could go live life over and correct everything. I started to feel aged(I'm 24). Funny how stress and depression can make u feel old. Just endless depressing thoughts. Feeling like I'm in a rut

But, then I started to realize that my boyhood is officially over. It's done. I've lived it and no matter what, I can never change it. One thing I take from my boyhood and desperately wish to change; is giving up when I'm frustrated. It has halted alot of my potential and i see how it has held me back. I've looked for someone to blame, but it's my fault, my responsibility. No matter what, our lives is in our hands and we must step up and admit our mistakes before we can move forward.

First off, I would like to say, Thank You So Much for responding to this thread... what you have written in just this post has been a wonderfully enlightening response that I can relate to, for once. You seem to have a very keen eye on the current happenings (that are) transforming for you and us alike. I think you could probably even write a Self-Help guide on your experiences with Saturn crossing the Ascendant... just from what you've state here, is all very insightful.

I know as of right now, I'm maturing a whole lot. I kno that it's up to me to see things thru and that I must have patients and will power to fight thru my obstacles. I've missed alot of opportunities in my youth because frustration or fear(I'm not shamed to admit it)hold me back. Now at 24, I feel like I'm looking at a fork in the road. Go down the road of immaturity and set myself up for failure, or try to mature into a man and enjoy the rest of my life knowing that fear ad frustration lay way to destruction.

Do you feel like you've missed a lot of opportunities in the recent past or just throughout your whole life, and fear is rearing its ugly head now? In comparison, I feel the same way but I am only 21 at this point (Saturn crossed my asc once already, and again with the recent retrograde :pinched:) and I feel like I have been closer to a failure than I'd like to admit for pretty much my whole second half of my life... like I am at the turning point right now, to change for better or worse ultimately... living somewhat of a recluse to determine the best course of action that I need to take... even from my family. Just trying to figure out what career direction I'm willing to work for is hard enough, but now I'm being forced to learn (Saturn) what my identity (12th/1st House) wants to become...

Also this transit is pressuring me to form an identity. An authentic identity. The real me and learning how it's nothing to be a shamed of to be different. I'm being a father to myself right now and it's hard because you not only have to learn right from wrong, you have to follow it. Since Saturn has hot my first house l, I've been searching for a code to follow, a mentor to listen to, and an authortive figure to. Obey. Just lookin for a father figure but only when it hit my sun and asc. Did I start to realize that only I can lead myself, only I can discipline myself because only I am responsible for me.

All too true... I grew up minus my Real father-figure (died when I was a toddler)... my grandfather took his place be this, and it included a strange cold, distant and sometimes berating relationship he had towards me... Saturn has also been squaring my Sun, natal Saturn and N. Node while crossing my Asc during this transit.

I can say that Saturn here looks for the real you and after some time, you'll learn to establish the real you and find the real you. All my life I've looked around for someone to show me how to be a man, some book to read or something. But when this aspect hit, man, it opened my eyes and heart. I learned alot from this and it's not over but now I know who I am, as a human and as a man. I know my faults and my skills and I know my faults make me as much a man as my skill does.

One thing Saturn took from me was comfort but it gave me a NW identity when it hit my asc. Also, my ambitions feel so much stronger now.
An incredible and empowering transformation you seem to have come through so soon already. I hope in a small time frame I will be able to say I am as strong as you come off to be, after this transit has completely gone by (for the second time now)... I guess only Time will Tell

byjove

Account Closed
I found Saturn to be very rewarding.
I had pain for many years due to my nerves firing off in the, lets say scorpio ruled parts of my body.
I got into exercise in a big way and felt great for the first time in years!
So Saturn helped me in my body, big time, I got stronger physically and mentally and sexually,...wow!
Virgo Asc, pluto conj Asc, Uranus was also coming to contact Desc, Pluto sextile natal mars.
Thankyou Saturn

That's interesting, which house does Saturn rule in your chart? Did you have any issues with bones or teeth? What are your natal Saturn aspects I wonder? :andy:

I cee

Hi Byjove, actually my teeth are really good, this is much dissapointment to my dentist!!!!
My aspects to saturn are mars sextile saturn, sun trine saturn, jup opp saturn and if you count the minor aspects, Bi quintile asc and pluto.
My natal saturn is taurus in 8th.
Bones?...I have been given B vits because of weird joint pain, which now has calmed down. I think this was a virus which can cause rheumatism type symptoms, I put this down to Neptune entering my 6th (pisces rules my 6th) .
In whole signs, which I am now looking into, Aquarius rules my 6th. So weird stuff in health?!:andy:

I cee

What a lovely positive story. what a relief for you also.
your a cap sun too - arent you?.

Almost!
I'm a late saggi 28dgrs
Yes........relief!!!!!
But cappie does rule, asc virgo, ruler merc in capricorn.

Last edited:

ImNotThere9

TR Saturn is now within three degrees of my second house. It has been riding over my Ascendant in Libra for some time now, and I am more and more acutely aware of it as a salutary influence on my approach to living. What spurred me to post was a very minute, not to say paltry, detail of its transit of Libra ascendant which fairly struck home - the lower back pains! I returned to the gym during the year and this was the scourge of running. I wonder if this transit would be a fruitful time to gain height, as from stretching the lower back? I noticed some growth.

I sat my Leaving Cert this year so Saturn was most welcome. I became much more earnest and diligent with regard to school work and my own writing. In October I won a national poetry competition; in May, as an extension of the prize, I went abroad by no expense to read my work (this was when Jupiter, Mercury and Venus were transiting my ninth house in Gemini). The attention was an immense displeasure and discomfort.

It was also an incurably depressing year, and I could not be kept from low spirits day after day. This I was quite reticent about, simply wafting here and there as in a haze, which culminated eventually in something of a collapse. I seriously considered suicide, and life became for a while something merely endured.

It was worthwhile in retrospect. I have become far more gregarious, intimate and indulgent with others, if not with myself. I have invariably felt dissatisfied with my appearance and what changes I might undertake to lose weight, despite the fact that my weight is irreproachably befitting for my height.

Caro

Imore earnest and diligent with regard to school work and my own writing. In October I won a national poetry competition; in May, as an extension of the prize, I went abroad by no expense to read my work (this was when Jupiter, Mercury and Venus were transiting my ninth house in Gemini). The attention was an immense displeasure and discomfort.

The effects of the SN transit in gemini too.

ICEE - you say that your chart is Cap ruled? or saturn ruled. i dont get it.:pouty:
my friend has cap in mercury 1st house and has arthritus develop in her foot and back.saturn in 6th house. this was at a time when pluto was in her first house in sagi. She just wont transform!

did you have the pluto transit conj your natal sun when saturn transit in virgo?

Munch

This has definitely been my experience!

By the time Saturn hit my early ascendant, I had only vague notions about what I'd like to do with my life and that was very frustrating at 31!

Still, as of now, I have a very definite plan for my life and it looks nothing like I ever day dreamed about.

The biggest thing that struck me about your statement though is about not giving up and that is the best gift that I have received from this transit.

A couple of days ago I received a letter from the financial aid office at school and found out that I had been denied. I was devastated for about an hour and a half, but then I realized that just meant that I had to find a new way. Usually, I would have quit and resigned myself to never doing what I wanted or getting what I wanted out of life. I would have cried that the Universe was not on my side and that the law of attraction was B.S. but instead I realized that the Universe was providing me with another golden opportunity to build fortitude and to build a stronger sense of self by persevering.

The other thing that helps here is that in the past, I approached things like school in a very shot-gun manner with zero planning and would have no other contingencies in place. This time I applied to financial aid about two months early so that I would know as soon as possible and while I was waiting to hear back I got involved in different student programs, already had request in for assistance through different organizations and scholarships.

While nothing has come through yet, I know it will because I have provided myself with as many avenues to success that I can find.

Thanks Saturn!

*transit side note: The letter that I received in denial for my financial aid was written and mailed out on the day that transiting Saturn/Mars were conjunct my natal Pluto. The aspect was exact.

ImNotThere9

The effects of the SN transit in gemini too.

ICEE - you say that your chart is Cap ruled? or saturn ruled. i dont get it.:pouty:
my friend has cap in mercury 1st house and has arthritus develop in her foot and back.saturn in 6th house. this was at a time when pluto was in her first house in sagi. She just wont transform!

did you have the pluto transit conj your natal sun when saturn transit in virgo?

I am having a transit of Saturn across my Ascendant in Libra. By the conventional method of ascertaining the chart ruler, my chart would be Venus-ruled.

No, Pluto is stationed at my IC. Why do you ask?