For Scorpio Rising people: are u the silent type?

BalancingAct7

So, maybe those I don't scare away might be a Pisces Rising then? Kewl! :) Do you meet a lot of Scorpio Risings that you like?

Should one that is a Venus in Leo look for a Venus in Libra? I have been wondering about this lately. I had long relationships with two Libra Suns and they couldn't handle it. (but Sun is probably different I know - just don't think of Libras as very attentive or romantic - based on my experiences anyhow. ) :)

Well, people with Scorpio in their chart tend to seek/attract others with Scorpio or other water signs. Typically speaking, I get along with Scorpio risings. How could someone not love that penetrating stare? The only one I couldn't stand however was my ex-roommate. She was a Virgo with Scorpio rising and Capricorn moon. She has anger problems and basically thought she was the Incredible Hulk. :annoyed: She was a bit too domineering and overbearing for somebody as docile as me. Generally speaking though, Scorpies do me no harm. They're sweeties. :love:

I would assume that because Leo and Libra are a relatively good match that this could be the beginning of a great union. But like Horus said Libras can be emotionally aloof so it kind of depends on other placements as well.

queenfluff

Libra can be romantic but is an air sign so don't expect emotional depth from that placement alone. And your Venus in Leo is looking for a Mars in Leo or other fire. Yin is looking for Yang not another Yin.

Thanks Horus! You always have good advice for me! :)

My Libras had hardly a romantic bone in their bodies but maybe it is just my view of the them considering my Venus is in Leo and I need more attention in that department. Maybe someone else would consider them romantic.

So, OK - a fire sign in their Mars. Sounds like Mars in Leo would be preferable then? I guess what Venus they have wouldn't matter - unless I was a gay woman. :)

queenfluff

Well, people with Scorpio in their chart tend to seek/attract others with Scorpio or other water signs. Typically speaking, I get along with Scorpio risings. How could someone not love that penetrating stare? The only one I couldn't stand however was my ex-roommate. She was a Virgo with Scorpio rising and Capricorn moon. She has anger problems and basically thought she was the Incredible Hulk. :annoyed: She was a bit too domineering and overbearing for somebody as docile as me. Generally speaking though, Scorpies do me no harm. They're sweeties. :love:

I would assume that because Leo and Libra are a relatively good match that this could be the beginning of a great union. But like Horus said Libras can be emotionally aloof so it kind of depends on other placements as well.

I agree with you about the Scorpios attracting other water signs. I have/had a lot of Scorpio Sun friends. In fact, I just made another one just recently - we hit it off instantly, easy to talk to one another and I just found out he is a Scorpio Sun. So, ah ha! This has been a constant in my life. Also, I am learning that Virgo sextiles (excites) Scorpio so this is probably why I end up with a lot of Scorpio Suns in my life which is fine by me because I have an easy time with them! (and they are not phased by my Scorpio Rising).

Not all Virgos are bossy you know. We just have too much Mercury that we don't know what to do with it. Perhaps your roommate had a lot of Fire signs in her chart to - maybe in her House #3 or her Mercury has a Fire Sign? Just a guess... I also have a lot of Air and Fire signs in my chart and I can be very opinionated and outspoken sometimes - I wouldn't say domineering but I am some people say I generate a lot of strength and power and passion about things (even though I am a teeny little thing) - and that might come from your Fire signs. So I am sure her bossiness is probably coming from somewhere else. Definatley not Scorpio (and I don't even think Virgo or Capricorn!)

ElenaJ

My scorpio sun and venus are intercepted in the 4th house. It occured to me that so many of you know a lot of scorpios, while I hardly meet any! Isn't that strange? I can think of one, we are on friendly terms but nothing more. On the other hand, I am surrounded by leos. My rising sign, mars and pluto are in leo.

Artemisdaughter

My bf is Scorpio Rising and although not quite with me he hates big groups (such as my family gatherings) and if he chooses to he will be very silent at these. He hates small talk but is a fantastic listener (I've learned never say anything you don't want to come back to you word for word months later once I've forgotten it). Some people only see his quietness and that can make him seem intimidating (especially with Uranus on the Ascendant unusual appearance he is 6f6). He is Taurus sun sign.

Arijana

My bf is Scorpio Rising and although not quite with me he hates big groups (such as my family gatherings) and if he chooses to he will be very silent at these. He hates small talk but is a fantastic listener (I've learned never say anything you don't want to come back to you word for word months later once I've forgotten it). Some people only see his quietness and that can make him seem intimidating (especially with Uranus on the Ascendant unusual appearance he is 6f6). He is Taurus sun sign.

ya,typical scorpio rising thing:tongue:
we memorize things very well,especially if someone hurt is,and especially if we cared for you. I can remember just one word you said to me that hurt me even if it was years ago

Horus

Thanks Horus! You always have good advice for me! :)

My Libras had hardly a romantic bone in their bodies but maybe it is just my view of the them considering my Venus is in Leo and I need more attention in that department. Maybe someone else would consider them romantic.

So, OK - a fire sign in their Mars. Sounds like Mars in Leo would be preferable then? I guess what Venus they have wouldn't matter - unless I was a gay woman. :)

:biggrin: lol!

Venus is receptive and about attraction and this usually pertains to love and money. So yes, it is still good to look at the condition of their Venus by sign, house and aspects with it, but Venus-to-Venus interaspects (or Moon to Moon also -yins) aren't that terribly important in synastry.

Yeah Venus is the ruler of Libra (and Taurus) which is why those signs can be artistic, romantic, etc.

Yes you want the Man's Mars to conjunct your Venus! If that sounds sexual, it is! It's an accurate, high-powered dart from Cupid. A trine or sextile between these too will also favor romance but with less intensity.

If, by contrast, a woman's Mars is interfacing with a man's Venus in these ways, it adds energy certainly, but may feel awkward unless its with a typically passive male with an agressive female (like a woman I know who has Venus in Aries!) or the couple is comfortable with reversing 'traditional' roles.

Last edited:

KayBug

I am scorpio rising and have a scorpio moon. I am usually quiet. I enjoy conversation with the people I want to talk to.

Arijana

I found there are different types of scorpio risings though,there are the very social types. But I do believe everybody with a scorpio rising has the tendency to,even when they do talk a lot or are social, have some parts of their life that they hold reserved from others ( example,they can talk about a movie or some other subject a lot but never reveal anything about their private life )> There is always that little dash of mistery and privacy,even when they are social.

Pepperpot

Hello there!!!!!!

I am a scorpio rising! I seek ot people similar to me or who share the same life views. Me personally............... I dont give anything away about my true self. That comes later....a lot later ...........when I have someones trust!!! which takes it's time as far as scorpio is concerned.

I am not shy although i was in my youth. I seek out situations that require strength and courage! :surprised:

KayBug

Spot on Pepperpot.....There are people I have known for years and they really know nothing about me. I have had the pleasure of good conversation with them, their company in various social activities but if you ask them, "Well, what do you know about her?" I'm sure you would probably get a blank stare or a perhaps a shrug of the shoulders. My daughter is also Scorpio rising and she is the same way.

I'm just curious how many ppl who have scorpio rising or a strong scorpio emphasis on their chart are private about themselfes,not all that bubbly and open,or how do you usually behave..I suppose we are not everybody's friend or very friendly on the go,I personally hate to act all cute and smile at everybody, and I know these people usually aren't shy,but they like their personal space and like other out of it..some closeness is fine but don't get too friendly. how do ya'll relate to this?

Well, I've got no less than four planets and my Part of Fortune all in Scorpio, all in my Fourth House of home in my chart and I am a very private person when it comes to my personal space. I have to check my lock on my door a few times everytime I go out and am very protective of my possessions. I live alone and am somewhat of a hoarder. Privacy is very important to me and I don't like small talk. I enjoy meaningful, deeper conversations by far alot more.

Curiously, I also have Saturn in my third house of everyday errands and small talk, signifying a restriction. In Virgo, an orderly sign. It's hard for me still to make small talk and I was diagnosed with Asperger's at 21.

Simce I've gotten my apartment in 2007, I've had maybe 3 or 4 visitors, all family. I go out to enjoy myself, don't like to entertain people.

Also, a surfeit of planets in the 'bottom', or North part of the chart may indicate high introversion and privacy. I happen to be just that - an introvert. Scorpio is also a hugely private sign. Curiously, the Fourth House also symbolizes the Mother or mother figure. All my life I've had a very over-protective mother who was hard to get away from. Still trying to. She means well, don't get me wrong but sometimes it's smothering. She always has to know everything I'm up to and who I'm doing it with as she has trouble trusting any friends I do happen to make. (Another Scorpio trait) All that Scorpio energy has a pull to it.

Last edited:
Spot on Pepperpot.....There are people I have known for years and they really know nothing about me. I have had the pleasure of good conversation with them, their company in various social activities but if you ask them, "Well, what do you know about her?" I'm sure you would probably get a blank stare or a perhaps a shrug of the shoulders. My daughter is also Scorpio rising and she is the same way.

I was reading somewhere, or saw on a documentary that family members can have similar configurations in their charts in relation to each other. This would explain same genetics and inherited traits manifesting in the physical.

ElenaJ

With scorpio sun and venus intercepted in my 4th, I can easily understand what Great garret is saying. My leo ascendent makes me seem very open and social, but all it needs is someone asking a personal question to make me clam up.
Also can relate to the mother situation, mine is also a night chart.
Regarding the comment about family members, it's really very logical.
Consider that when two persons are attracted to each other enough to have a long lasting relationship, it means a tight interacting relationship between the planets and charts of both of them.
Then, if they have children, it means that specific planets and areas of each of their charts are being triggered. Having a child is a big event in someone's life. So, automatically the natal chart of the child, born at this moment, reflects this important event reflected in the parent's chart.
It's not a coincidence to me, for example, that my father's mars is conjunct my ascendent and my saturn is on his sun, which represents the responsibility and obligations that my birth brought to his life.

Caro

Im scorpio rising, sun in aqua in 4th house and pisces moon.(lots of other pisces planets too) Im also reserved in large gatherings and dont feel I can relax.. dont really like the family get together's. with pisces moon Im very receptive to moods and can take on stuff that is not mine.
People comment that I appear aloof, cool and a bit mysterious. I see it has my guard - cos of all my pisces stuff.
I need to retreat to recharge.
I used to regularly go out with a large group of people and I ended up being in charge and making sure everyone got taxi's home etc. I found it really draining. Dont do the girlie night out thing at all now.
I also dont like my private life being discussed and have told people that quite directly. Particulary sagi types who happily tell the world everything. :smile:

KayBug

I also dont like my private life being discussed and have told people that quite directly. Particulary sagi types who happily tell the world everything. :smile:

Being Scorpio rising and Scorpio Moon I do not like my life or me being discussed at all. Speaking of Sun Sign only, I have a Capricorn half brother 10 yrs older than me, he will take anything and everything he knows to the grave with him. He does not discuss people or their business/lives.

His wife, my sister in law, is Cancer and will talk about anyone and everyone, about everything and anything about them. I have had verbal warfare with her about her discussing me. I no longer talk to her at all and haven't for years.

Gemini is simply not my cup of tea in any form at all. I have a daughter that is Gemini. She was to visit me, first time in about 7 years, next month. After talking to her, I discovered I like her no better now than I did then, so I don't plan for her to visit.

Any other Scorpio rising people have issues or nonissues with sun signs?

ElenaJ

I have the scorpio sun and venus in the 4th.
I love gemini people, who rule my 11th.
I'm quiet, they talk. And talk. They are like butterflies to me.
Sorry you have this negative relationship with your daughter. Is there anything in your charts you can see would account for it?

queenfluff

Im scorpio rising, sun in aqua in 4th house and pisces moon.(lots of other pisces planets too) Im also reserved in large gatherings and dont feel I can relax.. dont really like the family get together's. with pisces moon Im very receptive to moods and can take on stuff that is not mine.
People comment that I appear aloof, cool and a bit mysterious. I see it has my guard - cos of all my pisces stuff.
I need to retreat to recharge.
I used to regularly go out with a large group of people and I ended up being in charge and making sure everyone got taxi's home etc. I found it really draining. Dont do the girlie night out thing at all now.

The reserved quality in groups is a Scorpio Rising thing. I have that too. Big groups exhaust me, I am not a social butterfly - I like just a small group of close friends and than I am a lot better. If I end up in a large group, I will end up just talking to a small group or one person for most of the time. People who flit about give me a headache. :)

I used to think the reserved thing was my Virgo Sun - since Virgos like to be observers of people on the side lines, be behind the scenes. I have a hard time relaxing in groups (actually I have a hard time relaxing period - I wish I had some pisces in me. Darn restless Virgo. :))

I don't have a Pisces Moon but I have the same description you are speaking of with my Moon in the 1st house (in sag). I tend to take in the emotions around me too.

I hate it when people tell my private stuff to others too. If I want someone to know my private stuff, I will tell them myself. :) I have my Moon in sag and I can definately keep a secret - If I keep my OWN secrets though, that is up to me. I hate it when others blab my stuff that I trusted them with esp. when I specifically told them NOT to tell anyone. :)