Baby birth

vk1

We are having a baby soon and it will be by a procedure we will need to initiate(induced labor). We can pick any day we want between 28th to Feb 4th. Doctor's preference is Jan 29

Is Jan 29 good? any other days better? again, we can pick the date.

We are in Houston Texas
Father : Taurus. Mother : Scorpio and Sibling : Aries

thank you for any opinion

Last edited:

vk1

Re: baby

any help appreciated. The doctor office called to schedule a date and we need to tell them soon

I hear venus is retrograde now till 31st. Is that a problem?

thank you

waybread

I would need to see your entire chart.... and no guarantees here. Just an indication of times that look better. Do you feel an induced labour is necessary? Is it before your due-date? (I don't want to dissuade you from what may be a medical necessity, by any means, but it is possible, if this isn't an emergency or liable to cause one if left alone, that the best times would be after your time window.

How exciting to have a new baby!

If you've not constructed your chart before, just go to www.astro.com and its "free charts" pages. Input your birth data. Save the chart to your computer. Then on your next message, click on "go advanced" at the bottom of the page, then on "manage attachments" and follow the 'browse" & "upload" prompts. You should get a clickable thumbnail.

Last edited:

billsim92

Even though I am not a professional astrologer I think that the 29th is a good date for the birth of your baby as he/she will be born with the Moon in Capricorn (which can guarantee a good relationship with both the Scorpio-mother and the Taurus-father and soften a bit the "problems" that could arise from the unconventional Sun in Aquarius). And if you "provide" your baby with a fiery Ascendant like Sagittarius (2:30-4:30 am) or Leo (17:15-19:30pm) you can also ensure an harmonic relationship with the brother/sister. I wouldn't recommend the days from 30th to 31st because in this case your baby would be born in a new Moon (ok generally this is not bad, but both the Sun and the Moon in Aquarius could be way too much for a Scopio-Taurus couple, hahahaha!) The next days -1st and 2nd- would give a Pisces Moon, that would also be a very good combination with the natal Sun and also the last days -up to the 4th- with the Moon in Aries that would imply a kind of a spiritual communication with the sibling... BUT in these last days a very challenging aspect occurs between the Sun and the Saturn which entails many difficulties during the first years of someone's life (and also many rewards later but, again, this is something you need to know). I wouldn't consider the retrograde Venus a big problem as long as -at least- the Ascendant won't be in a Venus-ruled sign (Taurus or Libra). These are some general information to take into account but also remember that a well planned birth -even though it might sound ideal- deprives somebody of the magic of chance, which is a key element of nature!
And sorry if my english is not very good, I am not a native speaker!

vk1

Thank you so much billsim92! your reply is much appreciated.

So I hear you say 29th, 1st or 2nd is good. rest of the days are not that great.

Do we have the new moon for whole of 30 and 31st?

thanks again

billsim92

Well... Actually the new Moon is more like a single moment, but the Sun and the Moon will be both in Aquarius -which means NEAR the time of the new Moon- from the 29th at about 22:30 to the 31st at about 21:30!

vk1

thanks again, Billsim! this is very helpful

I assume these times are eastern US time?
I can back calculate to Texas, which is 1 hour behind

vk1

thanks, billsim

waybread - To answer your question, my doctor wants to induce labor because of my age and the baby was conceived by artificial insemination. She says, her experience tells her to induce at 39 weeks and I have no way of knowing. I just assume she knows better.

waybread

vk1, please realize that I am only an amateur astrologer (as is bill), and the doctor's advice is what should be followed.

Generally in terms of scheduling a medical procedure, we want to look at the moon-- if it has made its last major aspect with another planet before changing sign, it is called "void of the course" which indicates she's less active and helpful. Also, Mars historically represents surgeons (and by extention, physicians) so we would like to see Mars well positioned. The main concern is the health of the baby and the mother, so it would be good to see no major hard aspects in your horoscope that could be avoided. Some planets' transits take so long that we're all pretty much stuck with them. Others, like the sun, moon, Mercury, and Venus, move pretty fast and may give us more leeway.

The timing with medical procedures is always hard to work with, however, because you can show up at the hospital at your appointed time, only to have to wait before it gets started.

"If it were me," I would go for February 1 or 2nd, if a weekend date is possible, otherwise Jan. 31. The reason I say this is that Mars looks to be in the best shape on these dates, and if you wait a bit, your little prince (or princess) will have a moon in a water sign (Pisces) which seems most compatible with yours and your husband's. Venus will turn direct on February 1, which will probably be an easier energy for your little charmer to handle than Venus retrograde. If we wait longer, no harm done but the child's moon in Aries may be a feistier energy for his/her parents to handle.

I don't suppose the doctor wants to work on the weekend! But if she has given you some options, then you can choose what feels best to you.

There is almost always some sort of difficult this-or-that transit going on in the skies, so a "designer baby" or birth is seldom possible, and no doubt your baby will choose just the right moment!

Bill, I think we can and should get beyond sun-sign and moon phase astrology as there are so many more factors in natal horoscopes and event charts.

Last edited:

vk1

thanks so much, waybread!
this helps

sounds like your recommendation is similar to Bill. Go for 1st or second!
Bill likes 29th; you seem to prefer 31st as a last resort.

there's always a dilemma of baby deciding to come early(on a time that's not the great), when we we were planing to go to the hospital on the 1st!

like you said, there are no designer babies possible! Faith should carry us through!

waybread

My son was born 2 weeks past his due date. This was a pretty long two weeks. But then he weighed in at 8 lbs. 10 oz. My daughter was born a week "late" so I think they just wanted to feel good and ready. And then some decide to come early. So long as you have your bag packed to go the hospital and a driver ready to get you there, you should do just fine.

I would suggest going for the 1st or 2nd, with the 31st as a back-up.

greybeard

I question planning the time of birth of a baby.

Do we know what's best?

Setting my qualms aside, I would suggest the 1st at around 1:00 pm for these reasons:

1. The Moon is in Pisces and is in mutual reception with Jupiter, who is exalted. She is also applying to a trine of Jupiter, her first aspect after birth. By selecting 1:00pm as the target for "the first breath [inspiration]", the chart ruler is Mercury with the middle of Gemini rising and Mercury approaching the MC. Along with Neptune, Moon is powerful because high in the heavens and well-connected with Jupiter in the 2nd. The malefics are removed to less-powerful houses and Sun is well-placed in 9th.

2. By this time, Venus has turned direct and had a day to establish the new direction.

By putting Moon in the Water sign of Pisces the Water element is strongly emphasized: Sensitive, dreamy, highly imaginative, mystical, compasssionate, etc. By putting Moon in the 10th (with her two companions -- including chart ruler Mercury approaching the MC -- and Jupiter in H2), this imagination is directed toward more practical, earthy ends.

No matter which day you choose, Jupiter's influence is predominant. He is the "handle" of a bucket pattern and his influence reaches to every aspect of the life. So why not bolster him by putting Moon in mutual reception and powerful accidentally? And of the 4 signs possible within your parameters, Moon in Pisces is about as good as you'll get.

Between 1250 and 1320 would be optimum in my opinion. This puts birth in Moon's hour, establishes Gemini as Ascendant of the horoscope (not in the earliest degrees of the sign), and situates Sun powerfully near the MC and trine the Asc.

Hope you instruct your doctor to carefully note the time of the first breath (inspiration).

Understand that regardless of day/time chosen, there are challenging positions/configurations present. This is unavoidable. Also, the timing I have selected is offered to you without careful delineation of the probable course of life, due to time constraints. What the chart does is provide strength, insofar as possible, to the Ascendant (and MC) so that weathering life's storms might be easier.

Last edited:

miquar

I agree with waiting until the 1st or 2nd. On the 30th and 31st the Sun is close to the Chiron/Pluto midpoint, but has moved out of orb by late morning on the 1st. It will be nice to share Pisces Moons, and the collective orientation of Sun in Aquarius and Moon in Pisces will be balanced by the Moon and Sun being in the first quarter of their lunation cycle.

Note, however, that on the 1st, the Moon is exactly conjunct Neptune around 11am and exactly conjunct Chiron about twelve hours later. It will therefore cross the Chiron/Neptune midpoint between the two. With Mercury also in Pisces and conjunct Neptune during this period, you will be opting for a sensitive type by opting for the 1st of Feb, not that there's anything wrong with that, especially given your Moon signs

Venus is destined to be conjunct Pluto in Capricorn, but this isn't surprising since one parent has a Venus Pluto square, and the other a conjunction.

waybread

Guys, pinpoint timing is not going to be possible. The medical staff tell the patient when to arrive at the hospital, although possibly she may be given some choice of arrival times. Chances are it will be in the morning. However, frequently the patient arrives on schedule and is then told to wait. One reason for this is that the hospital cannot predict when other moms are going to go into labour via nature's timing; or have complications that require sudden action. These can tie up the staff and delivery rooms. Then induction (assuming a regular delivery and not a C-section) is hard to time-- the babies do not pop out on cue. Some take longer than others.

My mother told me that my birth was induced "by appointment" two weeks before her due date. Since I have a night birth, I imagine that the labour and delivery did not go as quickly as anticipated.

Last edited:

miquar

Yes, no point aiming for a particular ascendant, especially if its your first time. But on the first there is a fairly consistent sensitivity over and above the Moon's sign placement which won't be there on the 2nd. The Moon is unlikely to aspect any outer planet (including Chiron) on the second.

Would be interesting to hear of your final choice and your reasons, and then to know how the actual chart - this process of partially electing a time is now part of the background of your baby's birth, and while s/he may already be destined to be born at a certain time (making us all 'puppets of fate' to a large extent) this part of her/his background may show up in the chart in some way.

vk1

Thank you, greybeard, miquar and waybread, as always.

This is very helpful.

I called the doctor office yesterday to move the appointment from 29th to 1st(based on what I thought should do yesterday). Being a Saturday, my doctor was possibly taking the time off, so they wanted us on the 30th. We will visit the clinic in person today, to impress upon them to move the dates given the hospital itself is open with other doctors.

We need to arrive at 12:15AM (yes past midnight). If we arrive at 11:58, it seems the hospital would charge us for a full night!!

Like, waybread said they will induce labor based on work load and other patients. Labor is expected to be normal and not c-section given the baby position. So, we couldn't ask for a specific time of birth (only day). Given it is a second child, I expect a shorter labor.

Based on miquar's analysis, it seem best to go on the 2nd. So, we will request 2nd early morning. Hopefully, we can get the doctor to agree.

Our appointment to schedule this induction time is at 10:30AM today. will reply back on the date.

When the baby is born, I will also keep you all posted.

Thanks again,

Greybread - I agree with you on planning the birth time. I don't think we know what's best, but that has never stopped us little humans from trying an experiment! :) But ultimately, to miquar's point I & my child may be 'puppets of fate'

Vic

Last edited:

vk1

Talked to the doctor and requested 2nd. She refused due to scheduling issues over the weekend. 1st is also not possible. These were available, but unfortunately not anymore

We are left with 3rd or 4th

Is 3rd ok? We will go 3rd morning and deliver around afternoon is my guess.

Thanks again for any help

Last edited: