Chat Thread

Whoam1

Lol so i ended up not doing the time interval thing. It was like when I started... I couldn't stop. The energy was intense. Now I'm done!

Was writing a script btw. I tried doing the 5-10-15 minutes at first, but I failed. Now I realized my patterns. It's either I avoid the project for a long *** time and then get back to it in one finish.
This is how I function too, all or nothing.

Phoenix Venus

Alternatively, time boxing is effective.

Set a timer for 5 minutes and do some of whatever it is just for those 5 minutes. When it goes off stop, set the time again and take a five minute break.

Then set it for 10 minutes and when it goes off set it again for another 5 minute break. Then 15. Then 20...etc.

I feel like this would drive me crazy.

AppLeo

A lot of my planets are right at the very end of the signs in Tropical so not what you would think just by quickly turning chart in mind.

My moon is in the last degree of Capricorn. Sun in last couple of degrees of Aries and Mars in last couple degrees of Aquarius.

So alas, probably not quite as cute as you think, lol.

People who have their planets in later degrees seem to wiser souls. Like they've completed stuff.

Boston Guy

Alternatively, time boxing is effective.

Set a timer for 5 minutes and do some of whatever it is just for those 5 minutes. When it goes off stop, set the time again and take a five minute break.

Then set it for 10 minutes and when it goes off set it again for another 5 minute break. Then 15. Then 20...etc.

I could never do this. I'm a one-sitting type of guy. I know, sometimes the task might be too arduous to complete in one sitting, but I try to take the most infrequent amount of breaks as possible. I don't like breaks anyway; knowing that while I'm relaxing, there is still work to be done and the clock is ticking.

Admittedly, I'm a college student and I've had to take medicine just to sleep because I always know there is something else that needs to be done. Unfortunately, in my earlier years it would just be melatonin or some other over the counter sleeping assistant; now, it seems to have become wholly alcohol. I tend to only sleep, at most six hours on a good night.

When one has a task, he needs to focus himself appropriately without these distractions and breaks. I understand the argument from an ADD/ADHD perspective (even though I think there are those who use these disorders as a crutch), but even still the task needs to be completed promptly.

When writing an essay, for example, and you take 10 minutes writing and a five minute break, it isn't just a five minute break. It is a five minute break, 1 minute recollecting your train of thought, and 9 minutes writing.

No, I think the best course of action is to sit down, bite the belt, and just do it.

Ukpoohbear

In regards to the "animal kingdom", man is naturally superior all creatures in general. Naturally, if I wanted to fist fight with a gorilla, I'd be properly trounced. If I wanted to have a swim-off with a dolphin, I'd be disappointed, and so on.

However man has a distinct and unique self-awareness and ability to discern himself that animals are unable to. Take my ridgeback for example. She can run like the billio, she can definitely kill me if she felt like it, however she cannot understand herself and cannot attain the abilities of man; no animal really can.

Man is obliged to care for animals because man understands his place in the world and the kingdom. Animals have no feeling of obligation to do that, they do it out of a self-serving need or training.

Theologically, man is superior to animals in totality. The old adage that "all dogs go to Heaven" doesn't hold up to the Magisterium of the Church, and animals lack the "beatific vision" of Christ and their souls are temporary and meant to serve us as assets to be utilized.

Regarding my chart; yes I enjoy debate and I tend to be quite capable of it. This said, I have been known to instigate critical thinking to further a point and that might be considered "winding up", but I'm not in the business of making people angry or trolling.

If anyone else wanted to see my chart, I'll attach it.

Cheers!

Sorry for a delay in the reply. I wanted to wait until I had slept properly but sleep has been causing me problems the last few days.

I agree that humans are different to animals because we are able to think and use logic and animals rely on instinct. Ego is the thing that make us different and helped us to the top of the food chain but it is good to be reminded that there is more to life than that

We are definitely superior in terms of the food chain but like you said in the example of the gorilla they can still kill us. That tells me that they remind us to forget about our ego which helps us solve all sorts of issues.

Another reason I feel not only are we not superior but we are equal, is the belief we all come from the same source. I don't mean religiously but by source all I see is space and the thought it all comes from a black hole.

'Then there was light' The Sun

'And he who giveth light can taketh it also' Saturn

Source sounds new age but Science does say we are all balls of gas/energy/source as is everything else.

Ego could be the effects of living in Earth atmosphere and should not be thought of as the only sign of superiority. To say one has ego and one has not and so one is superior is very black and white and everything that has been disproven has been black and white, like the Sun/Ego being the centre of the universe.

So what makes us different from animals is only one measure of strength and animals should have lots of different strengths to us. Maybe even superiority over us if Ego is removed and the Source is all that remains.

Wouldn't it be funny if all this time we thought them dumb but they think that of us and they speak the language of the universe? :alien:

AppLeo

fdf1f8b1cc4fa1a5f6e034bd0c6781cc.jpg

why is he so beautiful

Whoam1

Was talking to the person who said your asc. sign could be wrong. He said that not only do i have a Pluto square moon i had a Contraparallel aspect there, and went on to say that he would have to say my ascendant would be more accurate to be conjunct to Pluto in Sagittarius. I set it conjunct on the Pluto line 11 degrees sag. This messed up my house system i'm definitely an 8th house moon. Then i set the house system to azimuth, putting my Capricorn sun in the 12th house, which makes sense as i can't relate to it. Then i found my Sun/Moon mid point. Its in 7 degrees Scorpio..., opposite of Saturn (3 orb). Why i don't relate to my sun and moon is because i wasn't piecing them together.

Rawiri

I feel like this would drive me crazy.

Lol. It does initially. It's not really a long-term mode of action though, something to do temporarily.

Lol so i ended up not doing the time interval thing. It was like when I started... I couldn't stop. The energy was intense. Now I'm done!

Was writing a script btw. I tried doing the 5-10-15 minutes at first, but I failed. Now I realized my patterns. It's either I avoid the project for a long *** time and then get back to it in one finish.

Congrats. That's not failed. That's really the point of it. The hardest part for most people is getting started. It makes getting started easier.

I could never do this. I'm a one-sitting type of guy. I know, sometimes the task might be too arduous to complete in one sitting, but I try to take the most infrequent amount of breaks as possible. I don't like breaks anyway; knowing that while I'm relaxing, there is still work to be done and the clock is ticking.

Admittedly, I'm a college student and I've had to take medicine just to sleep because I always know there is something else that needs to be done. Unfortunately, in my earlier years it would just be melatonin or some other over the counter sleeping assistant; now, it seems to have become wholly alcohol. I tend to only sleep, at most six hours on a good night.

When one has a task, he needs to focus himself appropriately without these distractions and breaks. I understand the argument from an ADD/ADHD perspective (even though I think there are those who use these disorders as a crutch), but even still the task needs to be completed promptly.

When writing an essay, for example, and you take 10 minutes writing and a five minute break, it isn't just a five minute break. It is a five minute break, 1 minute recollecting your train of thought, and 9 minutes writing.

No, I think the best course of action is to sit down, bite the belt, and just do it.

I don't disagree. Yes, you lose some time through having to recollect yourself when you broke off and out of any flow you might have.

But you are getting more done than if you were doing nothing, such as when someone is procrastinating.

Normally they get stuck in a negative loop where they feel bad for not doing anything so they do other things instead (to avoid thinking about what they have to do which makes them feel bad).

It's just a way for people in such a state to get some positive loop going in their mind related to the task and some momentum.

When normally doing things of course I wouldn't recommend starting with just 5 minutes etc. That's only for those things that for some reason someone keeps avoiding but "need doing."