Chat Thread

Boston Guy

Boston, I would respond to you, but I'm gaming right now and your posts are super long... so give me a bit.

No problem, old boy. In truth I think we agree on most "planks" of the platform, so-to-speak. Since you conceded that one can give money to charity, but should not be forced to, we agree.

One point though, there are fiscal incentives to charitable works; namely tax deductions. So one could still donate while keeping their own interests prioritized. That's all.

Cheers and enjoy your game!

Boston Guy

Unquoting and quoting different paragraphs is time consuming.

I understand. Thanks for the riveting debate, regardless!

Why am I speaking about gun ownership? You mentioned it. I'm not even American.

Forgive me, but I must correct you, actually. I responded to this claim that you made, that I believed was in error. While it wasn't directed towards me, I responded regardless. Here:

Why is there gun crime? Because somebody sold lots of guns to make money.

I am pleased you are pleased I am pleased you are pleased I know what common sense is.

Fair enough.

Last edited:

david starling

Appleo doesn't agree with helping poor people because he thinks they are there because they cant add value but they are part of the cycle that keeps the levels working. Same things as factory owners creating jobs, no one is better than the other but some are luckier than others, not better.

He wants to play for free. That's not how it works. Capitalism comes with a price: Taxes for the Social Safety Net. If you you don't want to pay, stay poor and you won't have to.

Ukpoohbear

He wants to play for free. That's not how it works. Capitalism comes with a price: Taxes for the Social Safety Net. If you you don't want to pay, stay poor and you won't have to.

He is also asking why and if someone cant give him a clear answer why would he change his opinion? At least he is asking.

It would be easy to scapegoat Appleo because of his honesty and if I ever did that I would regret it so I would want to fix it and have a healthy debate instead.

The Social Safety Net is part of the responsibility yes but I also believe the rich need the poor to help run the system and the system works in a way that some people will always be poor.

Boston Guy explained it when he was talking about how states tax goods and control wages.

In order to make a profit others have to lose.

They regulate resources by way of sales taxes on goods, corporate taxes on the businesses who produce those goods, and minimum wage hikes among other ways. All three, however, are dangerous when combined.

When sales taxes are added to goods, the price for the consumer is obviously higher. The company has no obligation (or reason) to lower their wages to accommodate the sales tax, but the sales tax remains and cuts into profits by causing items to be more expensive.

Corporate taxes cut into profit margins as well, and when a company sees a profit margin cut, they respond. They can do so a variety of ways, mind you, but some can have negative impacts on the consumers (more expensive items, closing down stores) and the employees (laying off, salary cuts).

Higher minimum wage is similarly dangerous for the same reasons as high corporate taxes are; they cut into margins forcing the businesses to compensate. However these minimum wage laws have the highest negative impact on small businesses causing more unemployment and higher retail prices. All for the compensation of the government reaching into where it shouldn't.

Last edited:

david starling

He is also asking why and if someone cant give him a clear answer why would he change his opinion? At least he is asking.

It would be easy to scapegoat Appleo because of his honesty and if I ever did that I would regret it so I would want to fix it and have a healthy debate instead.

The Social Safety Net is part of the responsibility yes but I also believe the rich need the poor to help run the system and the system works in a way that some people will always be poor.

Boston Guy explained it when he was talking about how states tax goods and control wages.

In order to make a profit others have to lose.

In a Capitalist system, nothing is free, everything has a price, INCLUDING Capitalism. That price is TAXES commensurate with earnings. That includes taxes for police, fire, disaster-relief, National defense, environmental protection, wilderness areas, infrastructure, AND the Social Safety Net. So, don't pay, don't play--stay poor and you won't get taxed.

david starling

The great Capitalist Henry Ford figured out that if he paid his workers more, they could buy his cars. Capitalists shouldn't need the government to tell them that if they put more money in workers' pockets, they'll SPEND more, and that money will come right back to the Capitalists. There are plenty of small businesses that pay higher than minimum wage, and are rewarded with more reliable, harder-working employees. It's a win-win.

Boston Guy

The great Capitalist Henry Ford figured out that if he paid his workers more, they could buy his cars. Capitalists shouldn't need the government to tell them that if they put more money in workers' pockets, they'll SPEND more, and that money will come right back to the Capitalists. There are plenty of small businesses that pay higher than minimum wage, and are rewarded with more reliable, harder-working employees. It's a win-win.

Exactly! However businesses ought to be properly encouraged to do this by the government via tax cuts. There is a reason why a lot of companies have a PO in a tax haven like Switzerland as a headquarters.

However, these small businesses that might pay higher than minimum wage due so case by case. In Massachusetts, the minimum wage goes up a dollar every year, though the Democrat-controlled Labor and Workforce Development Committee want to expedite this to $15 minimum wage. That is tragic for small-businesses, especially start-ups.

These clowns who ardently oppose Walmart and "big business" yet support the "working man" with a higher minimum wage are feeding Walmart more employees. Shills.

Ukpoohbear

In a Capitalist system, nothing is free, everything has a price, INCLUDING Capitalism. That price is TAXES commensurate with earnings. That includes taxes for police, fire, disaster-relief, National defense, environmental protection, wilderness areas, infrastructure, AND the Social Safety Net. So, don't pay, don't play--stay poor and you won't get taxed.

Yeah that explains it fine. Also, Capritalism.

david starling

Exactly! However businesses ought to be properly encouraged to do this by the government via tax cuts. There is a reason why a lot of companies have a PO in a tax haven like Switzerland as a headquarters.

However, these small businesses that might pay higher than minimum wage due so case by case. In Massachusetts, the minimum wage goes up a dollar every year, though the Democrat-controlled Labor and Workforce Development Committee want to expedite this to $15 minimum wage. That is tragic for small-businesses, especially start-ups.

These clowns who ardently oppose Walmart and "big business" yet support the "working man" with a higher minimum wage are feeding Walmart more employees. Shills.

Taxpayers have to compensate for Walmart's low wages with food stamps. The "working-poor" are on the increase, including those who have to live in their cars because of rent-gouging by greedy slumlords. I think there should be an exemption on minimum-wage increases for the very small businesses.

AppLeo

No problem, old boy. In truth I think we agree on most "planks" of the platform, so-to-speak. Since you conceded that one can give money to charity, but should not be forced to, we agree.

One point though, there are fiscal incentives to charitable works; namely tax deductions. So one could still donate while keeping their own interests prioritized. That's all.

Cheers and enjoy your game!

If we need to give to charity to create the illusion that we’re helping the poor to prevent a revolution for communism, then by all means do it.

Cheers, mate.

AppLeo

I don’t say outrageous things. Im just opinionated.

I love everyone here and don’t mean to hurt their feelings.

Chrysalis

I realised today you might not have known and the strings were being pulled by him.

It’s just him but he does it A LOT. I don’t think Apple or Consporacy know but I bet he has trolled them too.

I found this out by piecing it all together from this thread they were all him. I know he is capable of it because my friend told me he pretended to be a girl.

What do you mean strings being pulled by him, so someones been purposely getting me to do/say things :surprised: Omg i never knew i was so dumb, i thought i was quite clued up until now.

But wouldn't the mods know if this was the case...as mods seem to know when people have been banned and opened other accounts, so if he has got other accounts then surely he'd have been found out.

And hooowwww many accounts, because shadowstriker was also another one that had multiple accounts open previously.

Im so confused right now, this is kinda scary if its true.

Ukpoohbear

I don’t say outrageous things. Im just opinionated.

I love everyone here and don’t mean to hurt their feelings.

I was replying to what David Starling said about you being great and saying outrageous things sometimes and I said BostonGuy was saying the same things but I didn’t want to quote because I had other thing so to say about ‘BostonGuy.’

Outrageous wasn’t the word used but you get me.

AppLeo

Have you read what ukpooh has posted about blaze ? what do you think ?

I don’t know. Blaze would be the type to make multiple accounts... I don’t know and I don’t care. If it is Blaze, then I’m glad he’s still talking to us cuz he’s fun to talk to.

I was replying to what David Starling said about you being great and saying outrageous things sometimes and I said BostonGuy was saying the same things but I didn’t want to quote because I had other thing so to say about ‘BostonGuy.’

Outrageous wasn’t the word used but you get me.

Ohhh...

Ukpoohbear

What do you mean strings being pulled by him, so someones been purposely getting me to do/say things :surprised: Omg i never knew i was so dumb, i thought i was quite clued up until now.

But wouldn't the mods know if this was the case...as mods seem to know when people have been banned and opened other accounts, so if he has got other accounts then surely he'd have been found out.

And hooowwww many accounts, because shadowstriker was also another one that had multiple accounts open previously.

Im so confused right now, this is kinda scary if its true.

[Deleted accusation toward another member, which is unlikely to be true and would be against the rules to post even if true. - Moderator]

No I don’t think he is getting you to say or do things but he stirs up situations just by pretending to be all these people.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chrysalis

I don’t know. Blaze would be the type to make multiple accounts... I don’t know and I don’t care. If it is Blaze, then I’m glad he’s still talking to us cuz he’s fun to talk to.

Ohhh...

Yes blaze is fun to talk to, but if blaze is also supposed to be also aquarian and also was shadow striker and now boston guy, isn't this a tad confusing :andy:

Ukpoohbear

I was really confused. I have known for a few days but after looking back and seeing he just did it to me again with BostonGuy I had to say something.

I didn’t know who knew or what...I don’t think Conspiracy will know either.

Others have guessed though. You guessed with ShadowStriker and another use in this thread can tell when it is Blase because he mentioned it too. That and what my friend told me is how I pieced if all together after experiencing it myself and reading back.