Career/Health/Love

DebbieMarie54

My friend asked me to post her chart here. She has dial up. She is a writer, but she is quiting school due to health reasons. She struggles with career decisions. She knows it may take years to publish a book, and she is already up in years. She started Real Estate School, and got so sick she had to quit, but when she is better she wants to go back. She is considering other options as well.

She needs immediate surgery but can't get it because her insurance doesn't become effective until Jan. 2014.

Also, she separated from her life partner 7 years ago and still grieves for him. She seems unable to move on. I am very concerned about her. I've suggested various support groups and therapy but she doesn't seem interested.

All she wants to know is "When is God sending me another life partner."

So dear astrologers, I leave my friend with you. Let's see what's down the road for her.

Thank you.

DebbieMarie

Attachments

• Jeannette M. Astrodienst Chart.pdf
    77 KB · Views: 80

Zarathu

Account Closed
No offense..... but she's only 3 months older than me. At our age, God isn't sending us any new life partners.

We have to work at it. Unless she is actively searching for another life partner, one isn't just going to go knocking at her door, with a personal note from God. It doesn't sound like she's actively pursuing the kinds of activities that would allow her to find someone. And if she's very ill, this will even further limit the pool of available guys in her (I mean "our") age group.

The guys who want a partner and are my age are going to be pretty active guys, looking for an active partner to share.

She should read the book: How To Find A Husband After the Age of 35, and then institute the finding activities. And she will need to move to put herself in a place where the available pool of men who want a relationship is large. At our age, the available men start dying off.

But....if I was going to want to look at the astrology part of it, I would need to look at the transits or a Venus return, and for that I would need to know her current longitude and latitude. I'm not necessarily offering, just sharing what is needed. A 2ndary progressed chart would only show the challenges, and we already have a pretty good idea of them.

Last edited:

DebbieMarie54

He who stands on tiptoe is not steady.
He who strides cannot maintain the pace.
He who makes a show is not enlightened.
He who is self-righteous is not respected.
He who boasts achieves nothing.
He who brags will not endure.

Tao Te Ching

waybread

Realistically, it may be difficult for a 64-year old to start a new career. If your friend has work experience other than fiction-writing, her former field may be her best option until she is ready to draw on her Social Security and/or any other retirement benefits she may have. I am wondering whether she would be happy working in a book store, or perhaps in the travel industry. These are 9th house matters, where your friend has some strengths.

With Saturn opposing her sun-Mars, your friend may exhibit a pattern of starting projects with great enthusiasm (sun-Mars) but then getting bogged down in difficulties with them later on (Saturn.) Hopefully, instead, she can use Saturn as a means of strengthening her sense of self-discipline and perseverance.

Has your friend done a study of whether the realtor market is over-saturated or in need of new realtors where she lives? She looks like a person with a rich imagination (hence the writer!) but possibly it is hard for her to do a grounded reality-check on employment needs in her area. Neptune transiting her sun-Mars will make it even more difficult to get a firm grasp of reality just now, yet a very practical approach to employment is surely what everyone needs today, given the high unemployment rates.

I wouldn't pick out "real estate agent" as her top career choice. She might do a bit better in some branch of this field, such as title searches, or estate sales, with her 8th house focus.

Is the problem with your friend's single status not only feeling lonely, but also financial? Her 7th house moon rules her 2nd house of money. Is she possibly hoping a new partner will ease some of her financial burden? The moon is also one's mother: I am wondering if her mother is still living, and possibly in need of some companionship and shared financial arrangements. Pluto is now transiting her 7th house and hitting her moon, suggesting the need for an overhaul of any outworn habits, needs, and attitudes.

I agree with Zarathu about finding another partner. I would go even a step further, to suggest that the question, "When is God sending me another life partner" is even blasphemous, if your friend is sufficiently religious to phrase her question in this manner. God cannot be manipulated to provide someone a partner!

There are reputable on-line dating sites for seniors, and I recommend that she try one of them, if she has not done this already. If your friend is religious, she is familiar with the saying that, "The Lord helps those who help themselves."

The more I look at your friend's chart, the more she seems to have a rich imagination with artistic sensitivities. If she can turn her hand to some type of arts or crafts-- perhaps selling them at farmers' markets or on consignment, she may have a supplementary source of income literally at her fingertips.

DebbieMarie54

Dear Waybread,

Thank you for addressing the concerns my friend had. She is taking your suggestions seriously. The first thing she did after reading your interpretation was to join a dating site. She's excited about the responses she's getting.

Joining a dating site has been something she was never willing to do before.

She is also considering how she might apply your other recommendations.

Thank you for helping my friend move on.

DebbieMarie