things are blurry

teuzza

I am a newbie and tried to interpret an horary chart i did for a friend of mine. I don't know if my interpretation is any good so I would like some other opinions, about the reception mostly (it seems pretty hard). The chart concerns a friend of mine so I guess there is no problem with saturn in the first house. She is at her first relationship and very confused about his feelings so the question is what does he want from her? a serious relationship or just a fling? Here is the chart and I'll give it a shot :cool:

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/9842/16941753.gif

She is Mercury and he is Jupiter. There is no aspect between Mercury and Jupiter so that would be no potential relationship and a no to the question. Both planets are dignified, mercury by face and jupiter ruler of pisces. So I would take that as jupiter stronger than mercury, this meaning he is in control and the relationship goes wherever he wants. Jupiter in his first house conjunct uranus means that he is focusing on himself and the conjunction with uranus I think might mean that he is looking for some excitement rather than a serious relationship. So this is another no for me.
With Saturn in her first house I think this subject gives her a lot of mental stuggle concerning the subject and could also be showing her confusion in telling him what she feels or keeping it for herself. So even if there would be a relationship, it would be with a lot of struggle for her.
Also there is no mutual reception, but I don't know what really means in the situation. Jupiter(him) is in Mercury's(her) detriment and fall and I would be tempted to say that she actually has resentful feelings for him (that seems unlikely at this point, maybe if they get together she will have that kind of feelings for him?) but at this point it would be more real if I would say that he has resentful feelings for her...or might have in the future :pinched: (headache).
The moon is not strong in that position and also in her 12th house going to her 1st house. I think this might show her hidden concerns about the relationship that are going to surface sometime soon (or not that soon? :biggrin:).
Now I am looking at venus (natural ruler for women) and sun (natural ruler of men). The Sun is in the 9th/3rd and this fits to the situation since his job implies all sorts of travelling and according to her he talks a lot :biggrin:. Venus is in the 10th/4th meaning he is thinking about ending it?
Again we have no aspect between venus and sun, so this is another no, they will most likely not be together in a long term relationship and probably things will end pretty soon. (again no mutual reception, sun pregrine - he is not totally honest about his feelings or just doesn't feel in his place with her? and a dignified venus, showing maybe that she is definately more interested?)
Venus and mercury (her) are dignified in virgo. Does that mean that whatever happens she will be ok and won't be hurt? But then we have a debilitated jupiter(him) in virgo and a dignified sun(him) by face in virgo. I find this a bit conflictual, at least for me, like I don't know how to fit it with the rest of the chart. He doesn't care about the outcome of the relationship, by that meaning that she is interested in the outcome (venus and mercury dignified in virgo).

And I have an important question. Should I in a chart like we have here sun and venus as co-significators, couple 'em to look for receptions like: sun+mercury venus+jupiter? If I should and it's conflicting with the first findings? Then what? Or I should stop only at the main significators coupled together and co-significators coupled together and that's it?

I don't really understand mutual reception interpretations. I've seen that the interpretations differ. Like x planet dignified in y's planet place, means that x likes y, but others say that actually y likes x, because recieves x. But what if y doesn't really like x, but because it's a good planet recieves y, while y is visiting because is interested in x?

I am sorry if I didn't make myself understood and wrote too much...I tend to do that.

teuzza

pls? some help here? it looks like everything was wrong, my interpretation at least. cause they talked tonight and he said he is interested in a long term relationship, not with this words but he gave clear signals he is. so? from what i've learned until now basically that shouldn't happen. Or maybe it was because of saturn in the first house? But I thought that if the astrologer is not the querent then the chart is readible...or may be because I asked the question insted of her so I was actually the querent?
help here pls....:unsure:

Teuzza,

You're Mercury, as you are the Querent.

Jupiter is the person you asking about. Which person are you thinking of when you ask this question, just so I can keep it organized for you when I respond.

Mod.

wintersprite1

Premium Member
Teuzza,

Seems this thread keeps getting buried. First of all I need to reconfirm the question. Is this a question she asked you to find out as an astrologer, or did you independently want to know. If she asked, use the 1st for her. If you did the asking as her friend, use the 11th house for her and the 5th (turned 7th) for him. When the Astrologer has nothing at stake, we give the 1st to the one questioned about.... since you do have concern, if you asked the question we would have to make you the first house. Clear as mud, right?

TK

teuzza

winterpsrite1 thank you very much for your reply. Now things seem not so blurry for me :D. So even if i am not involved in the story, I am just a "curious" friend, i should still choose the first house for me. That was very helpful. Thank you again.

Last edited: