How can she overcome her financial difficulties?

shinrie

A close friend of mine is struggling financially and asks what she should do to improve her finance (find a new job or get a loan or look for freelance gigs to earn some extra money, etc.). I can't do much to help her either as I am not doing well financially myself :unsure: so I cast a chart based on her question to see if there's any she can do.
Here's the link to the chart:
https://ibb.co/gjfdpwt

The first thing that caught my attention is Moon in the Via Combusta. Is this chart still considered fit to be judged then? My friend seems pretty worried so that's probably why it's reflected by the Moon in the Burnt Path. Since she's the querent, she's represented by Saturn. Saturn's retrograde but it doesn't look too bad to me as Saturn's essentially dignified and Saturn also naturally rules the 12th house as I recall. Saturn loves Jupiter (being in his domicile) and separated from a conjunction with Jupiter - ruler of the querent's money. Nevertheless, Jup is in fall and in a cadent house and also retrograde. I don't know how to interpret the sextile aspect of Jupiter and Neptune though - will that bring any news to her finance? Moon's gonna make a trine with Sun and Mercury soon - and as Mercury rules the 8th house I thought that she would get some financial support or loan but then I realized Mercury is retrograde and combusted by the Sun so hmmn.
Mars- ruler of the job is at his domicile in Aries, yet I recall Mars is not happy to be in the 2nd house.
After looking at the chart for a while I don't even know what I am looking at anymore. I am not even sure if Horary can provide an answer to this question of hers. Hope to hear your helpful and insightful feedback as usual :smile:

Last edited:

ElenaJ

"so I cast a chart based on her question to see if there's any she can do. "

You cast the chart for the moment she asked you the question?
Or did she give you the question, and the time she had thought of it?
I'm wondering about her being ascendent and not 11th house.

PS. The 12th house is Pisces, Neptune and Jupiter, not Saturn.

waybread

Saturn is the traditional ruler of Aquarius, the rising sign, so it rules the querent. Her second house of money is ruled by Jupiter, the traditional ruler of Pisces, although Neptune there is instructive.

Saturn joys in the 12th house, but it doesn't normally rule it. For a rulership we would look at the planet ruling the sign on the 12th house cusp. In this particular case, with Capricorn on the cusp, Saturn does rule the 12th house in this particular chart.

The moon in the via combusta isn't helpful, but I wouldn't discard the chart on its account.

Jupiter and Saturn do not aspect one another. Jupiter in Capricorn is retrograde and in its fall, suggesting financial distress.

I think the real problem is that your friend doesn't seem to understand money and how it works. Money seems to be a big mystery to her. I say this based upon Neptune in the 2nd, the ruler of the 2nd house debilitated, and Saturn and Mercury in the 12th house. The 12th house rules secrets and mysteries.

Mercury rules currency and trade, and the moon's next aspect is a nice trine to Mercury, so I think she can learn how money works.

If she's not doing these things already, your friend needs to map out a realistic budget that incomes some monthly savings. Then she has to stick to it. If she's a soft touch for people who borrow money and don't repay it, that needs to stop. If she has credit card and other debts she may be able to consolidate them into one simplified monthly payment. Then no other credit card expenses till the debt is paid off.

My favorite financial garu for ordinary people is Suze Orman. https://www.suzeorman.com/ Check our her book: The Money Book for the Young, Fabulous, and Broke.

The last thing your friend should do is wonder "when her money is going to work out." She can't get there from here. She needs to input more personal responsibility for budgeting.

shinrie

@ElenaJ: She asked the question - I just keyed in the info into Astro and erected a chart for her. She knew I was learning Tarot and Horary and asked for my help with interpretation. I am still learning though, so there's a lot that I may have missed when reading the chart.
@waybread: excellent advice, thanks. I think what makes her struggle is not having some sort of savings for emergencies and unforeseen situations. She's a bit of an overly optimistic person and sometimes loses touch of reality. Judging from the chart, do you think there's a chance her finance will ever get better?

waybread

I mentioned the moon applying to a trine with Mercury, the traditional ruler of money and trade. However, Mercury is retrograde and combust, so it's not brilliant.

I think your friend's natal chart would probably give better in sights into how she manages her money.

Hope? Always. But it's not like winning the lottery or getting an unexpected check in the mail. If people actually are clueless about how to manage money, if they get a windfall they usually spend it right away, so it gets away from them. Then astrological good times and bad times follow one another throughout life. So it's important to develop the resourcefulness to get through the bad times, vs. just wishing they would end soon.

The key is to develop a budget that specifically includes a small sum to set aside each month for savings. Discharging credit card debt and other debt is so important because the interest rates are usually high. A credit card statement will say how much of the monthly bill owing is interest. Then are there ways to live more cheaply? Any luxuries she can forego?

The main thing is to develop hard-headed realism about money, vs. wishful thinking.

ElenaJ

@ElenaJ: She asked the question - I just keyed in the info into Astro and erected a chart for her. She knew I was learning Tarot and Horary and asked for my help with interpretation. I am still learning though, so there's a lot that I may have missed when reading the chart.
@waybread: excellent advice, thanks. I think what makes her struggle is not having some sort of savings for emergencies and unforeseen situations. She's a bit of an overly optimistic person and sometimes loses touch of reality. Judging from the chart, do you think there's a chance her finance will ever get better?

Sorry, I don't mean to seem picky about this, but it is an important point, to assign the correct house.
The question is " How can she.....", not "My friend asked me to do this chart....".
The question is phrased as a third person question.
So, she asked you the question, did she also give you the time, or did you select the time, doing it when you heard the question, or when you had time to do it?
Thanks for any clarification.

shinrie

Hi ElenaJ, that's alright, sorry for the somewhat misleading title. I am just rephrasing the question. Her original question was "What should I do to overcome my financial troubles?" - we were talking online at the time. I just used the date and time she asked the question and her location to cast the chart.
On a side note I've been having trouble accessing the forum and posting replies - probably because of the Mercury retrograde :)

ElenaJ

Waybread gave you some very good analysis and advice.
I would just like to add that moon rules the 6th house of work, and mercury is sitting there on the cusp. Receiving a trine from moon, her work situation is the best way to pay off her debts.
A loan would be 8th house, and this is also ruled by mercury, perhaps she could get an advance on her salary, that she pays back monthly.
There is also mars in her 2nd house of money, so she tends to spend too much, which is probably at the root of the problem.
Like Waybread wrote, she needs a budget, and no credit card use, and probably money automatically taken from her salary, so she isn't tempted to wander financially.
The very last aspect that moon makes is a sextile to her, Saturn (at 29 degrees), so this shows she can do it.
Good luck.