Thread for people with stelliums in the 6th, 8th or 12th houses

tripleooo

So traditionally the 6th, 8th and 12th houses are considered to be evil and malefic. The 6th house is about duties, responsibilities and hard work which is not rewarded. The 8th house is about death, fears and other people’s money. The 12th house, the most unfortunate of all, is about sorrow, imprisonment and self-undoing.

I personally have no stelliums in these houses, but I’m definitely interested in hearing other people’s stories and experiences about this. Do you feel that your stellium negatively affects you? Do you think life is generally hard and unjust to you? Tell me about your experience! :smile:

P.S. If you use a house system which is not Placidus, please mention it. :wink:

craft94

So traditionally the 6th, 8th and 12th houses are considered to be evil and malefic. The 6th house is about duties, responsibilities and hard work which is not rewarded. The 8th house is about death, fears and other people’s money. The 12th house, the most unfortunate of all, is about sorrow, imprisonment and self-undoing.

I personally have no stelliums in these houses, but I’m definitely interested in hearing other people’s stories and experiences about this. Do you feel that your stellium negatively affects you? Do you think life is generally hard and unjust to you? Tell me about your experience! :smile:

P.S. If you use a house system which is not Placidus, please mention it. :wink:

I have a 6th house stellium... in Scorpio... opposite a Moon/SN conjunction in the 12th house, Taurus. No personal planets in the 8th house but Uranus and Neptune are there squaring my Sun and Merc. Pretty dark. Paranoia, anxiety, mental illness, power struggles, loneliness, obsessiveness, compulsiveness, isolation, the list goes on. I am very neurotic.

tripleooo

I have a 6th house stellium... in Scorpio... opposite a Moon/SN conjunction in the 12th house, Taurus. No personal planets in the 8th house but Uranus and Neptune are there squaring my Sun and Merc. Pretty dark. Paranoia, anxiety, mental illness, power struggles, loneliness, obsessiveness, compulsiveness, isolation, the list goes on. I am very neurotic.

Wow, that's sad... :sad: It must be scary to deal with so much stuff. It really makes me wonder if all this is a consequence of your 6th/12th house oppositions. And also Uranus and Neptune squares...

If you don't mind me asking, do you feel like these traits have always been a part of you or was there something that triggered it? I'm just interested because I wonder if all these negative effects could have been avoided if you had a nice and happy life or if that's inherent. If you don't want to answer, I'll understand.

craft94

Wow, that's sad... :sad: It must be scary to deal with so much stuff. It really makes me wonder if all this is a consequence of your 6th/12th house oppositions. And also Uranus and Neptune squares...

If you don't mind me asking, do you feel like these traits have always been a part of you or was there something that triggered it? I'm just interested because I wonder if all these negative effects could have been avoided if you had a nice and happy life or if that's inherent. If you don't want to answer, I'll understand.

I think more than likely it's a mix of both. I bet certain events that happened in past lives have something to do with it too.

Oh god I never knew it was so spooky.
So, I have a what-might-be-a-stellium in my 8th house, made of Venus, Mercury, and the Sun. Are they considered bad?
I have dealt ( still dealing with) suicidal depression, loneliness, obsession with the paranormal and death. Do three planets count as a stellium?

tripleooo

Oh god I never knew it was so spooky.
So, I have a what-might-be-a-stellium in my 8th house, made of Venus, Mercury, and the Sun. Are they considered bad?
I have dealt ( still dealing with) suicidal depression, loneliness, obsession with the paranormal and death. Do three planets count as a stellium?

I'm 90% sure it can be counted as a stellium. All of these planets are personal so they have a strong influence on your personality.

Well, if we were to paint the world black and white, it can be considered bad. Your fascination with death, occult, anything forbidden and paranormal is clearly indicated in your chart. I've also looked up your chart, another important factor that adds up to all this is your natal Moon in the 12th house. I'm not much of an expert, but if I were asked what I think about the person with such a chart, I would say that there is a very high possibility of suicide. Please beware of this. If you don't find the idea of death scary, it doesn't mean that it's a good idea to end your life abruptly in such a stupid and irreversible kind of action. There are so many things worth living for and I hope you never forget about this. :smile:

katydid

I have pondered my annoying 6th house stellium for decades and decades...:sad:

Libra is on the cusp of my sixth, and I have Saturn tightly Conjunct Neptune and Spica in Libra. Then the Sun conjunct Neptune @ Zero Scorpio. And Mercury is conjunct the Descendant @ 18 Scorpio.

So I have Saturn, Neptune, Spica, the Sun and Mercury in the 6th, in Libra/Scorpio.

One interesting and perhaps surprising thing is that at age 64, I take no medications whatsoever, and have only been hospitalized for an illness two times in my life. Once when I was in college and once last year for an asthma attack.

But many Astro books speak of 6th house stelliums as an indication of many chronic health issues. So far I have avoided that trap.

There are some things that I do attribute to my 6th house crowd. I have Aquarius on the MC with the North node there in Aquarius. And I do think that was an indication of my unusual decision to become a professional astrologer in the 70's and early 80's.

But my 6th house stellium , with Sat/Nep conjunct the Sun,helped to create my difficulties figuring out a clear and easy way to make a stable financial foundation. I gave a lot of readings away in trade and bartering, kept lousy book keeping, and was not efficient. There were no computers yet to do all of the calculations and the drawing of the charts. I did have that eventually, but in the early years, it was very time consuming to calculate all the charts, progressions and synastry and to draw them out by hand.

Anyway, my 6th house of servitude seemed to take over in those decades. I was s slave to my chosen career, although I did love it. But it was not very lucrative for me. :whistling:

I got married during my Saturn Return in Libra. And I became a 'stay at home' mom for many years. And again, that was my 6th house stellium playing out. But I did LOVE that period of time. We had two kids and 5 or 6 pets and I was in charge of all of them. :joyful:

I think my 8th house Moon in Cap saved me from my 6th house stellium. It allowed me to see the BIGGER PICTURE and to understand why the 6th house had so much power in my life this time around. :sideways:

I'm 90% sure it can be counted as a stellium. All of these planets are personal so they have a strong influence on your personality.

Well, if we were to paint the world black and white, it can be considered bad. Your fascination with death, occult, anything forbidden and paranormal is clearly indicated in your chart. I've also looked up your chart, another important factor that adds up to all this is your natal Moon in the 12th house. I'm not much of an expert, but if I were asked what I think about the person with such a chart, I would say that there is a very high possibility of suicide. Please beware of this. If you don't find the idea of death scary, it doesn't mean that it's a good idea to end your life abruptly in such a stupid and irreversible kind of action. There are so many things worth living for and I hope you never forget about this. :smile:

Thank you,my depression doesn't seems to get better no matter what I do. I hope I can defeat it one day, even though I stumble upon terrible things that decrease my wish to live. Anyway, enough with that, I must thank you once again for clarifying my doubt. Have a good day/night! :)

tripleooo

I have pondered my annoying 6th house stellium for decades and decades...:sad:

Libra is on the cusp of my sixth, and I have Saturn tightly Conjunct Neptune and Spica in Libra. Then the Sun conjunct Neptune @ Zero Scorpio. And Mercury is conjunct the Descendant @ 18 Scorpio.

So I have Saturn, Neptune, Spica, the Sun and Mercury in the 6th, in Libra/Scorpio.

One interesting and perhaps surprising thing is that at age 64, I take no medications whatsoever, and have only been hospitalized for an illness two times in my life. Once when I was in college and once last year for an asthma attack.

But many Astro books speak of 6th house stelliums as an indication of many chronic health issues. So far I have avoided that trap.

There are some things that I do attribute to my 6th house crowd. I have Aquarius on the MC with the North node there in Aquarius. And I do think that was an indication of my unusual decision to become a professional astrologer in the 70's and early 80's.

But my 6th house stellium , with Sat/Nep conjunct the Sun,helped to create my difficulties figuring out a clear and easy way to make a stable financial foundation. I gave a lot of readings away in trade and bartering, kept lousy book keeping, and was not efficient. There were no computers yet to do all of the calculations and the drawing of the charts. I did have that eventually, but in the early years, it was very time consuming to calculate all the charts, progressions and synastry and to draw them out by hand.

Anyway, my 6th house of servitude seemed to take over in those decades. I was s slave to my chosen career, although I did love it. But it was not very lucrative for me. :whistling:

I got married during my Saturn Return in Libra. And I became a 'stay at home' mom for many years. And again, that was my 6th house stellium playing out. But I did LOVE that period of time. We had two kids and 5 or 6 pets and I was in charge of all of them. :joyful:

I think my 8th house Moon in Cap saved me from my 6th house stellium. It allowed me to see the BIGGER PICTURE and to understand why the 6th house had so much power in my life this time around. :sideways:

Thank you for such an informative and insightful response! It's good to hear about some positive experience with stelliums in these houses.

It's actually surprising that you are so healthy! I think most people at your age, even those that have no planets in the 6th house, get ill rather frequently due to their unhealthy habits and lifestyle. It's good that you successfully avoid this. :smile: But yeah, being a slave to the routine does sound a lot like the 6th house problem... I feel like the 6th house is traditionally called bad because any planet in it automatically gets stuck in the routine but it can't get out of it because only doing routine tasks it feels at home and therefore always returns to doing them... It's hard to find true happiness in the routine. But it seems like you found happiness in raising your children and I'm really happy you did. :joyful: I think you made use of the best parts of this stellium and avoided the worst.

It's interesting though that you ascribe this to your Moon in Capricorn in the 8th house. The Moon being in its detriment and in the malefic house sounds like it should cause plenty of problems, but not solve any. :unsure: By the way, do you have any other planets in the 8th or 12th houses?

katydid

Thank you for such an informative and insightful response! It's good to hear about some positive experience with stelliums in these houses.

It's actually surprising that you are so healthy! I think most people at your age, even those that have no planets in the 6th house, get ill rather frequently due to their unhealthy habits and lifestyle. It's good that you successfully avoid this. :smile: But yeah, being a slave to the routine does sound a lot like the 6th house problem... I feel like the 6th house is traditionally called bad because any planet in it automatically gets stuck in the routine but it can't get out of it because only doing routine tasks it feels at home and therefore always returns to doing them... It's hard to find true happiness in the routine. But it seems like you found happiness in raising your children and I'm really happy you did. :joyful: I think you made use of the best parts of this stellium and avoided the worst.

It's interesting though that you ascribe this to your Moon in Capricorn in the 8th house. The Moon being in its detriment and in the malefic house sounds like it should cause plenty of problems, but not solve any. :unsure: By the way, do you have any other planets in the 8th or 12th houses?

The way I look at it, My Moon in Capricorn helped elevate me from the 6th house of boring routine into that of a local metaphysical healer.

My Moon is conjunct Mars in Capricorn and Chiron is alongside. Mars is exalted there, by sign and house. And is the ruler of my Scorpio 6th house planets.

So that exalted Mars in the 8th brought my 6th house into the Metaphysical realm. I was an astrologer and taught classes and spoke at the local book store and that transformed the 6th house routines into something magical and exciting.

I worked a lot with emotional healing and worked with survivors of childhood sexual abuse as I was one as well.

So you are correct that the debilitated 8th house Moon was the initial source of problems, as I was repeatedly molested by my uncle as a young child. However it ended up making me a strong, resilient woman and a great Mama Bear for my children and my damaged clients. :sideways:

I have Jupiter in Taurus in the 12th, but it is 2 degrees from my Taurus Ascendant. So I see it as more of a first house planet in many ways. And I think it opened up my 12th and makes it a resource for me, not an obstacle.

wan

My Moon is conjunct Mars in Capricorn and Chiron is alongside. Mars is exalted there, by sign and house. And is the ruler of my Scorpio 6th house planets.

Isn't your 6th house in Libra? If yes, then the planet that rules all your planets in the 6th should be Venus.

katydid

Isn't your 6th house in Libra? If yes, then the planet that rules all your planets in the 6th should be Venus.

No, I think that Venus rules my Saturn and Neptune in Libra, and Mars is the dispositor of my Sun and Mercury in Scorpio.

duilwen

I have my Uranus Neptune and mercury on the 6th house. Since two of them are not personal planets, can I still consider that as a stellium?

Chrysalis

8th house stellium Mercury/sun/saturn/north node.

How mines played out:
Secretive and very private, im not on no social media like facebook/instagram/snapchat, and i never post selfies i hate them. Even on whatsapp i have no photo up i leave it blank.
A lot of 8th house skeletons in the closet, traumas.
Need alone time.
Deep interest in anything to do with the occult/death/conspiracies/ghosts/anything that predicts the future.
I don't like people knowing the full me as i feel too exposed.
I keep people at arms length, find it hard getting close to people, only have a select couple of close friends, as soon as people get close i get claustrophobic and push them away again, i can't be around someone for too long (if i am) i need time away from them to recover.
And i feel indifferent to a lot of people, funnily enough the only people i can properly relate to (in the outside world) and vice versa are Scorpios. [Apart from one friend], she has no 8th house/scorpio activated in her chart, but our chart angles are exact by sign/degree, so its this that brings us together.

Thats about it.

Last edited:
I have a sixth house stellium. Sun, Saturn, Mercury tightly conjunct south node in Scorpio, then Uranus and Venus (tightly conjunct descendant) in Sag.

Slave to routine indeed, easily obsessed with the minutia, feel like my life is mostly comprised of the tasks of everyday living, pretty dull mostly! Occasionally my Aries moon will compel me towards something impulsive or mildly thrilling. Also deeply, deeply fascinated by all things occult/esoteric. And as a result, often find myself battling isolation/loneliness as this stuff is not most people's cup of tea. I generally prefer more solitary activities anyway.

Lion o ness

4 leo in H6
Sun moon mercury (conjunct 1 degree)
Mars

My planets are stabilized by sextile to saturn.
Im very stable worked for the same company for 25 yrs.
i stick to a personal routine . I really dont like going our of my routine.
Unless its for a romantic relationship my leo also sextile uranus in h7

In home/ career/money etc im very stable. However in relationships i total opposite, fkaky. Never satisfied. I seek out pluto relationships ( pluto) also in h7.

What can i say im boring and crazy at the same time 😱

Irisiel

My Sun in Virgo is in my 12th along with Mercury, Uranus and Pluto. I have shown some extremes in life, set-apartedness which isn't always fun, but I prefer alone so it's not really lonely. Bouts of depression after a genuine cause, though they hung on a little longer.

But overall I'm smart, happy, strong and optimistic. A Virgo worrier but an imagination that helps.

Still, spent only some of my young years in life in any kind of relationship.