How to use the positive side of retrograde planets?

hbn_235

Hey, I was wondering how to use the positive side of retrograde planets.
The reason is because of the fact that although these planets are active internally it has to be some way where you can use that internal energy externally. For example I understand that Mercury retrograde is when someones reconsiders before speaking, and having a lot of inner thoughts etc but this person can use this downside to express themselves through writing a lot better making them an real good author.

I just wanted to based on my retrogrades in my natal chart what are the positive side I use of them as a talent, etc?

hbn_235

Here's the natal chart

astro_2gw_01_hbn_235.67409.31422.jpg

JUPITERASC

The reason is because of the fact that although these planets are active internally
it has to be some way where you can use that internal energy externally.
For example I understand that Mercury retrograde is when someones
reconsiders before speaking, and having a lot of inner thoughts etc
but this person can use this downside to express themselves through writing a lot better making them an real good author.

I just wanted to based on my retrogrades in my natal chart what are the positive side I use of them as a talent, etc?

Consider a career or hobby as a researcher :smile:

craft94

The reason is because of the fact that although these planets are active internally it has to be some way where you can use that internal energy externally. For example I understand that Mercury retrograde is when someones reconsiders before speaking, and having a lot of inner thoughts etc but this person can use this downside to express themselves

You have Mercury in retrograde? I have Mercury in retrograde too. We Mercury in retrograde people tend to be deep thinkers. I write too, and I think Mercury in retrograde people make good artists in general because we think so non-linearly...The only downside, I think, is that we may tend to overthink what we are doing, and this prevents us from getting anything done (!) but if we trust our instincts, everything will work out well.

JUPITERASC

You have Mercury in retrograde? I have Mercury in retrograde too.
We Mercury in retrograde people tend to be deep thinkers.
I write too, and I think Mercury in retrograde people make good artists in general because we think so non-linearly...
The only downside, I think, is that we may tend to overthink what we are doing, and this prevents us from getting anything done (!)
but if we trust our instincts, everything will work out well.
So then
one possibility is to use the "over-thinking" tendency
and put that to good use by being paid to do research
:smile:

KeyAndy

Banned
Then what about Saturn retrograde ? It's influences are still a mystery for me . Some people claimed that Saturn is already negative , now in retrograde it's double negative . Other said it is actually a very good placement since it helps open the bondaries..v...v So confusing...more when it's ruler of my sun...

JUPITERASC

Then what about Saturn retrograde ? It's influences are still a mystery for me . Some people claimed that Saturn is already negative , now in retrograde it's double negative . Other said it is actually a very good placement since it helps open the bondaries..v...v So confusing...more when it's ruler of my sun...
Ancient hellenistic astrologers said retrograde planets cannot conduct their business adequately
because
they are "walking backwards"
:smile:

hbn_235

Thank you all for your replies...very informative!

thanks JupiterASC I really love researching! Having a career in it would be nice be where to begin idk lol

KeyAndy yeah you're right Saturn retrograde is confusing to understand or grasp but one think I learn about my life with this placement is that the energies work in reverse in my 11th house, I have a huge amount of friends and acquaintances that i can't even keep up with them half the time lol.
now if the planet is direct it might of been the opposite where I barely have any friends nor acquaintances around me. A Saturn retrograde still teaches you about karma, boundaries, hard work and etc, but the challenge is now I have to learn how to use and place boundaries with and between friends and acquaintances, not to have crazy abundance of them but to just have few loyal and steadfast friends. That's how i see Saturn retrograde

Craft94 LOL you are so right about Mercury retrograde it's a gift and curse kind of situation where you can become a great speaker/writer but that downside of not only over thinking but having your mind go 100 mph lol.

waybread

The modern outers are retrograde a lot of the time. They are so common in natal charts that they aren't really noteworthy.

When the sun is opposite Saturn, Saturn is always retrograde. But these people are hard on themselves, regardless. Saturn is the planet of concrete material reality: he says to us retrogrades-- "Go on and double-check."

When Mars is retrograde, all of that aggression gets turned inward. These people are also apt to be very hard on themselves. Yet Tiger Woods has Mercury retrograde, and was known for his "inner game."

For any horoscope placement, consider that each placement has both positive and unhelpful interpretations. You can focus on the positive ones.

hbn_235

The modern outers are retrograde a lot of the time. They are so common in natal charts that they aren't really noteworthy.

When the sun is opposite Saturn, Saturn is always retrograde. But these people are hard on themselves, regardless. Saturn is the planet of concrete material reality: he says to us retrogrades-- "Go on and double-check."

When Mars is retrograde, all of that aggression gets turned inward. These people are also apt to be very hard on themselves. Yet Tiger Woods has Mercury retrograde, and was known for his "inner game."

For any horoscope placement, consider that each placement has both positive and unhelpful interpretations. You can focus on the positive ones.

Thanks! what's your insight on using the positive side of Venus Rx and Pluto Rx?

JUPITERASC

Thank you all for your replies...very informative!

thanks JupiterASC I really love researching!
Having a career in it would be nice be where to begin idk lol
There are so many forms of research, including Historical, Medical, Archaeological, Psychological :smile:

I have a number of retrogrades in my chart -

Mercury - 0 degrees Gemini (I am also a Gemini sun sign)
Venus - 8 degrees Cancer
Saturn - 28 degrees Scorpio (am going through my second Saturn return)
Neptune - 27 degrees Libra

Chiron, Juno, Vesta and Lillith are also retro.

I definitely fit what has been said above about Merc in retro babies. I love to write and often suffer from overthinking things to the point of analysis paralysis.

If Saturn retro means you're hard on yourself, I fit that description PERFECTLY.

Very interesting.

Take care, everyone.

craft94

I have a number of retrogrades in my chart -

Mercury - 0 degrees Gemini (I am also a Gemini sun sign)
Venus - 8 degrees Cancer
Saturn - 28 degrees Scorpio (am going through my second Saturn return)
Neptune - 27 degrees Libra

Chiron, Juno, Vesta and Lillith are also retro.

I definitely fit what has been said above about Merc in retro babies. I love to write and often suffer from overthinking things to the point of analysis paralysis.

If Saturn retro means you're hard on yourself, I fit that description PERFECTLY.

Very interesting.

Take care, everyone.

Generational planets like Neptune really don't matter as much because a large percentage of the population also have them in retrograde.

I have Venus and Saturn in retrograde too and relate to most of what has been said about Saturn. Sometimes, I feel like I'm cursed with all these retrograde planets, but I honestly think Mercury, and probably Saturn too, can be used positive ways. Mercury in retrograde, especially, produces unconventional thinkers. I would be interested in knowing how Venus in retrograde could be positive though because I definitely don't know how.

retinoid

I look to what retrograde is to explain retrograde planets. Retrograde is when a planet 1) slows down, 2) is closer to earth and 3) APPEARS to move backward. I interpret a retrograde planet as a planet that is usually delayed (one has to go without or learn how to do things without the planets full strength) and it usually is activated when the oppositions, sextiles, squares or opposition aspects are dealt with. Also can be activated with significant transits of longer transitting planets or its dasha ( in vedic astrology). Retrograde planets are eventually stronger than direct in my opinion ( closer to earth).

wilsontc

Staff member
look for when then progress forward, to hbn

hbn,

You asked:

I suggest looking to see when (or if) these planets will move forward by progression. This is particularly effective with the personal planets. For example, if you have retrograde Mercury, you will find when Mercury moves forward by progression that your communication (Mercury) will "free up".

Making progress,

Tim

hbn_235

Re: look for when then progress forward, to hbn

hbn,

You asked:

I suggest looking to see when (or if) these planets will move forward by progression. This is particularly effective with the personal planets. For example, if you have retrograde Mercury, you will find when Mercury moves forward by progression that your communication (Mercury) will "free up".

Making progress,

Tim

Thanks wilsontc