Any reason to hope for happiness in romance...

GeminiGrrl

...with a Venus as afflicted as mine is (Venus square Uranus, Venus square Pluto, Venus square Chiron, and Venus inconjunct Ascendant)? I no longer have any particular desire to get married as such -- which may be just as well since it doesn't seem likely to happen anyway even though Juno forms positive aspects to most of my personal planets -- but even though I sometimes think I should just find some way to accept the fact that I'm simply not destined to be lucky in love and give up on the dream, part of me doesn't want to give up all hope just yet.

Here's the chart, for what it's worth...

Attachments

• Natal Chart.jpg
    Natal Chart.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

IleneK

Premium Member
...with a Venus as afflicted as mine is (Venus square Uranus, Venus square Pluto, Venus square Chiron, and Venus inconjunct Ascendant)? I no longer have any particular desire to get married as such -- which may be just as well since it doesn't seem likely to happen anyway even though Juno forms positive aspects to most of my personal planets -- but even though I sometimes think I should just find some way to accept the fact that I'm simply not destined to be lucky in love and give up on the dream, part of me doesn't want to give up all hope just yet.

http://www.astro.com/cgi/chart.cgi?...d=22&add=12&add=13&add=14&add=15&node=-Yn&ast=

Can't view the chart. Can you save your natal from astro.com to your computer and then upload as an attachment? Makes for an easier read.

GeminiGrrl

I think that for me, the question has never been "should I give up wanting to have a healthy romantic relationship?" (Evidently I can't, and it hasn't been for lack of trying on my part) -- but rather "should I simply face the fact that this is a wish/need/desire/longing which for one ineffable reason or another (karma or dharma, perhaps?) is fated to remain unsatisfied and fulfilled?" I have come to the realization that I've nevertheless gained something positive as a result of being denied one of the things I want most in this world...and that is much greater emotional as well as perhaps spiritual maturity. I'm convinced that one of my soul's purposes in this incarnation was to learn what love truly means (you don't have to look too hard to realize that many people actually don't, even though they're doing the best they can with what they've been given) -- but I also know that learning what it means is no guarantee that I'll ever experience it firsthand, since this depends in part on other people's ability to understand and appreciate it as well.

StillOne

I think that for me, the question has never been "should I give up wanting to have a healthy romantic relationship?" (Evidently I can't, and it hasn't been for lack of trying on my part) -- but rather "should I simply face the fact that this is a wish/need/desire/longing which for one ineffable reason or another (karma or dharma, perhaps?) is fated to remain unsatisfied and fulfilled?" I have come to the realization that I've nevertheless gained something positive as a result of being denied one of the things I want most in this world...and that is much greater emotional as well as perhaps spiritual maturity. I'm convinced that one of my soul's purposes in this incarnation was to learn what love truly means (you don't have to look too hard to realize that many people actually don't, even though they're doing the best they can with what they've been given) -- but I also know that learning what it means is no guarantee that I'll ever experience it firsthand, since this depends in part on other people's ability to understand and appreciate it as well.

Gosh, a lot of what you write here reminds me... well... of me. You know you have two yods right? Have you figured them out yet?

Last edited:

GeminiGrrl

Yes, I'm already aware of the fact that I have two yods in my chart -- in fact, I recently started a new thread here on the forum asking people for any advice or suggestions they might have regarding what the most effective way of addressing these might be (especially since refusing to address them is really not an option). I know that one of the yods involves a sextile between Mercury and Saturn which are both inconjunct to Neptune -- the other involves a sextile between Uranus and Neptune which are both inconjunct to Saturn.

The former is of particular interest to me since Neptune also forms a conjunction, albeit not a very close one, with my Ascendant...which of course strongly suggests that I'm driven by Neptunian energy (even though I have no planets in Pisces) as well as the Jupiterian energy of the Sagittarius ascendant. If I'm honest with myself, considering the fact that I'm often somewhat absentminded and seem to have my head in the clouds a good part of the time, it's probably true. I suppose I should be grateful for the fact that my Venus is not activated by one of these yods as well, since I shudder to think what that would be like on top of everything else...!

StillOne

This post will be heavily moderated I'm pretty sure, so I encourage you to keep your email notification.

Well, unfortunately your chart has expired. You really need to upload your chart here as an attachment for it to stay. If you want, you can send me your birth info as a pm and I can take a closer look. However, yods are very personal and without actually sitting down with you face to face it's very unlikely that I'll be able to decipher your yods by just looking at your birth chart. Also, I'm a beginner in astrology. That being said, it was my yods that brought me here ultimately.

IMO, Yods usually produce the desire for the native to "search" for something. This desire is produced by the energies that the quincunx aspect puts forth which asks the native to make an adjustment in their life. When two quincunx are funneled together to form a yod, the adjustment nature of the quincunx is increased exponentially. This then produces an irritation of sorts, or maybe an itch that needs to be scratched type phenomenon. In my view, the native usually already knows what is required to appease these energies but may not be acknowledging them properly or at all. Herein lies the unbelievable strength of the yod, for if you start venturing in this path much can be gained.

I encourage you to search this forum as well as the internet about yods and gather as much information as you can. Get to know what the apex planets mean in their houses and signs. Explore different house types to make sure you are using the most accurate one for your chart. I prefer equal house, but many here use whole sign and placidus.

You have what's known as a bathtub formation according to huber astrology. The hubers did quite a bit of work on aspect pattern astrology and the quincunx aspect:
...The bathtub shows the constructive attempt not to "let the tide go out". In psychological terms, people with a bathtub in their horoscope aspire to keep what they have at any price. They cleverly avoid losses, want to keep everything together and make every effort not to dissipate their energies... The two internal green aspects give the persona a tendency to subjectivity and sensitivity when evaluating perceptions. Because of their own naivety, they tend to see things too positively, to rosily, they are too trusting... Like a cupping bell, this figure has the tendency to draw and suck everything towards itself, so that the person often feels exhausted and without energy... The learning in this figure is characterized by long and hard experience, as well as a certain reluctance to learn...

The Hubers on the quincunx aspect:
The "long green" aspect causes insecurities on the one hand and on the other the urge to achieve an imagined future goal. Sometimes it is also called the "longing aspect". It often brings decision crises, uncertainty, and eventually the challenge of restricting oneself to a single goal, in which case it aids decision-making. It is called "the large thinking step" and, according to the planets involved causes a "Faustian struggle" with the truth.

According to Joan Kellog in, The Yod: Its Esoteric Meaning, here is some of what she says about your Saturn apex yod in the 5th (She refers to the apex as the foot and the midpoint in the sextile as the activating point):
An individual with an eleventh house activating point has to develop interests within a group, to experience life as a mutual participant, not as an observer. This axis of awareness indicates a person with marvelous group facilitation and management skill potential but who feels uncomfortable within the confines of a group. The fifth house foot has a natural reticence to relinquish its coveted privacy, it insures one a criticism-free environment. But it si only through group work that one's true service emerges. This axis of awareness truly represents the lesson of the New Age: group service.

12th house apex (I'll include one paragraph out of about eight):
With a sixth house activating point, the individual must develop a less critical nature, one that synthesizes and produces constructive results from corrected conditions. This is a very difficult lesson because the foot, located in the twelfth house of karmic and fateful conditions as well as the unconscious mind, has a tendency to keep the individual off balance with the deep unconscious needs of others. The Piscean need to lose oneself in service to others, martyrdom really, keeps the individual off track. The great world suffering prevents the individual from seeing his small but important part in alleviating that suffering. It is almost as if the sea of humanity is calling but he forgets that there is sickness at home where he is needed first. These individuals need to develop realistic perspectives and discrimination - a mercury lesson...

Kellog also writes of the yod:
The yod configuration represents a specific mystery, containing within its geometry a key to a spiritual or karmic lesson that must be learned before its power can be released. The mundane karmic lesson is represented by the foot and the esoteric mission by the activating point.

One thing that I have started to do is to really follow transits. They have illuminated much about what my yods are about. As you can guess, transits opposing the apex are the ones that are really important. In an aspect pattern such as yours, any transit will make your whole aspect pattern "blossom" with that energy. Much insight can be gained.

Please excuse any misspelling and there is a chance of grammatical error since I relied heavily on computer correction. If you have any questions let me know...

Moog

Okay, well that's an awkwardly tight little cluster of planets vying for the same space there in the 8th

It's not a bad dignity for her. Mercury should resist combustion and protect the house.

The 7th house itself seems unafflicted.

Jupiter as signifier of the husband for a woman is very good.

It could be a lot worse.

Vista

I had a reading once about 10 years ago from Robert Hand. He pointed out something in my chart I wasn't aware of and something I consistently see in charts of people who have difficult relationships. Uranus, the planet of instability and disruption is squaring all your planets inside your 7th house including the 7th house ruler(my 7th ruler is square Uranus as well). You do not want traditional no matter how much you say you do. For whatever reason, you have not come to terms with this need for freedom and are projecting this onto your relationships. I am pretty sure you have had fast starts and abrupt endings leaving you wondering and scratching your head what happened. You also like what you can't have. Here me loud and clear! This will continue until you comes to terms with what you really want. And I mean unavailable not just as in married men, but men who are unavailable in that they lives too far away, aren't that interested in you, off limits in some way(maybe dating your friend), etc. Do you see where I am going? This is your way of keeping space and freedom without having to acknowledge this is what you really prefer at the end of the day. I would also say this can go both ways in that you could be the one wanting to break free of the person you are with and vice verse as I mentioned. Somehow you will have to find a way to have a non traditional "traditional" relationship otherwise you will continue on the same path. Deep inside, do you believe you deserve love?

PS. How is your health? You job? Uranus in the 10th creates lack of stability in the career unless you have a lot of freedom or work for yourself. Are you doing something with computers?

Last edited:

chris10

I had a reading once about 10 years ago from Robert Hand. He pointed out something in my chart I wasn't aware of and something I consistently see in charts of people who have difficult relationships. Uranus, the planet of instability and disruption is squaring all your planets inside your 7th house including the 7th house ruler(my 7th ruler is square Uranus as well). You do not want traditional no matter how much you say you do. For whatever reason, you have not come to terms with this need for freedom and are projecting this onto your relationships. I am pretty sure you have had fast starts and abrupt endings leaving you wondering and scratching your head what happened. You also like what you can't have. Here me loud and clear! This will continue until you comes to terms with what you really want. And I mean unavailable not just as in married men, but men who are unavailable in that they lives too far away, aren't that interested in you, off limits in some way(maybe dating your friend), etc. Do you see where I am going? This is your way of keeping space and freedom without having to acknowledge this is what you really prefer at the end of the day. I would also say this can go both ways in that you could be the one wanting to break free of the person you are with and vice verse as I mentioned. Somehow you will have to find a way to have a non traditional "traditional" relationship otherwise you will continue on the same path. Deep inside, do you believe you deserve love?

PS. How is your health? You job? Uranus in the 10th creates lack of stability in the career unless you have a lot of freedom or work for yourself. Are you doing something with computers?

Vista
God Bless you , you are a gem.
The aforementioned apply to me as well, I keep on forgetting that.
For me relationships have been uranian so far.
I had been in a 12 - year relationship with someone who comes from my city, we both moved to different cities to go to university, he left the country to get his Master's degree, he came back to our home town, we both moved to different places because of our jobs ... and that lasted 12 years, it wasn't an on-off relationship, we were in a ("weird", according to others) relationship all that time.
It worked for me.
I just wish I could have something like that all over again