Domestic Violence

dreamtimez

A friend of mine got married recently. It was her second marriage. The first one ended in a divorce two years ago because of domestic violence. It was nice to see her so happy ... :smile: having put the dark days behind her, she is ready for a new life !

This incident made me think ... Are there any astrological indicators of domestic violence ? I feel, Mars and Pluto will have some role to play. Also an afflicted Moon may be significant. But are there any specific aspects which indicate a potentially violent man/woman ? Then again, I feel that, the presence of an aspect is not equivalent to being an abuser/abused ... there must be other factors that trigger the aspect in the natal chart. If you have any information on this please share. Thanks in advance.

Kannon

Most people are better off avoiding relationships where synastry shows more than one of the hard aspects identified with violent tendencies (Mars-Saturn, Mars-Pluto, Mars-Moon). Some cannot even handle conjunctions of these planets in synastry without there being issues. Most probably should avoid it when there is a Mars-Pluto square or opposition.

This does not mean that domestic violence cannot occur without these factors in synastry. This is why many astrologers choose to look at a composite chart as well.

In my own case, I share a synastry with my fiancee that includes her Mars opp my Pluto and Asc. We also have Moon opp Mars in composite. Neither of us are carrying any karma, having both cleared it from our lives. Our relationship was co-created with the Universe and we are kind, affectionate and loving to each other. The best way to maintain a peaceful life, alone or in relationship, and override any astrological presets that may be in the birth charts is to clear your karmic issues. I determined years before I met Heather that I would rather be alone than have a relationship with "issues." Karma can be cleared by walking through it or by neutralizing it spiritually.
http://kryon.com/inspiritmag/archives/Q-A archives/archiveindex.html > scroll down to "K" karma questions.

Remember, birth charts are just starting places. People grow, mature and meet their challenges of character, etc. You still have to use your feeling senses. Love that comes from the heart is never wasted.

Veronica

1. Mars-Saturn
2. Mars-pluto ( in synastry bestows a sinister element of sex & cruelty) its a bit sadistic
3. Moon-pluto ( its more a psychological kind of violence.)
4. Mercury-Pluto ( Psychological intimidation, Manipulative Communication)
5. Venus-pluto
6.Mars-uranus
7. Mercury-Mars ( lots of bickering that could lead well to violence...
8. Saturn-Pluto I dont think nothing nice could come out of this aspect ( negative one)

I dont think one or 2 aspects would indicate a fight-fest between 2 people but a lot of them and cross aspects would make it a theme in the synastry. You would also have to check if they are other aspects that would alleviate the negative ones.

dreamtimez

1. Mars-Saturn
2. Mars-pluto ( in synastry bestows a sinister element of sex & cruelty) its a bit sadistic
3. Moon-pluto ( its more a psychological kind of violence.)
4. Mercury-Pluto ( Psychological intimidation, Manipulative Communication)
5. Venus-pluto
6.Mars-uranus
7. Mercury-Mars ( lots of bickering that could lead well to violence...
8. Saturn-Pluto I dont think nothing nice could come out of this aspect ( negative one)

I have experienced Mercury-Pluto and manipulative Communication. My ex had this conjunction in his 3rd house. He never communicated ! No mails, calls nothing ... at times he went out of touch. And he was always back ... as if nothing had happened. While I went through days/weeks of anxiety. Talking to him didn't help either. At first it hurt, then it went beyond hurt ... I 'played' by his rules and cut him out of my life without warning. Left him with no closure and its been years.

Now reading the above list I find we share Moon-Pluto conjunction in synastry (his Moon, my Pluto). Perhaps my action can be called psychologically violent ... but he deserved what he got ! :devil:

Veronica

I have experienced Mercury-Pluto and manipulative Communication. My ex had this conjunction in his 3rd house. He never communicated ! No mails, calls nothing ... at times he went out of touch. And he was always back ... as if nothing had happened. While I went through days/weeks of anxiety. Talking to him didn't help either. At first it hurt, then it went beyond hurt ... I 'played' by his rules and cut him out of my life without warning. Left him with no closure and its been years.

Now reading the above list I find we share Moon-Pluto conjunction in synastry (his Moon, my Pluto). Perhaps my action can be called psychologically violent ... but he deserved what he got ! :devil:

Any particular aspects to mercury in the synastry and composite charts?

Veronica

Most people are better off avoiding relationships where synastry shows more than one of the hard aspects identified with violent tendencies (Mars-Saturn, Mars-Pluto, Mars-Moon). Some cannot even handle conjunctions of these planets in synastry without there being issues. Most probably should avoid it when there is a Mars-Pluto square or opposition.

This does not mean that domestic violence cannot occur without these factors in synastry. This is why many astrologers choose to look at a composite chart as well.

In my own case, I share a synastry with my fiancee that includes her Mars opp my Pluto and Asc. We also have Moon opp Mars in composite. Neither of us are carrying any karma, having both cleared it from our lives. Our relationship was co-created with the Universe and we are kind, affectionate and loving to each other. The best way to maintain a peaceful life, alone or in relationship, and override any astrological presets that may be in the birth charts is to clear your karmic issues. I determined years before I met Heather that I would rather be alone than have a relationship with "issues." Karma can be cleared by walking through it or by neutralizing it spiritually.
http://kryon.com/inspiritmag/archives/Q-A archives/archiveindex.html > scroll down to "K" karma questions.

Remember, birth charts are just starting places. People grow, mature and meet their challenges of character, etc. You still have to use your feeling senses. Love that comes from the heart is never wasted.

Probably 2 of my worst relationships... have had mars-pluto aspects... one had the conjuction the other had cross-mars -pluto aspects Neither of them got to violence... but emotionally to me.. it felt like the PLUTO person was psychologically violent and cruel.

I would look at Moon in Aries (could blow up a lot and be emotionally violent),
Mars in Scorpio (ditto).

this is a sweeping statement if I ever heard one. I have moon in aries square to uranus to and I definately do NOT have bad temper or ever experienced violence at the hands of a partner. :innocent:

mars square uranus natally could suggest a bad temper as can all the other natal aspects mentioned earlier. In synastry you should be careful about how each mars aspects the others charts...

To start with it's best to look at the individual needs of each persons chart and how they relate and what they are looking for. Astro.com does have an option composite + natal midpoint method (2) which I find helpful. If you choose to post the synastry bi wheel from astro could you please select the 2nd synastry option as it will put the houses and degrees onto the wheel which is far better for us to evaluate matters....
If you post the synastry chart and realise it doesn’t show the degrees (which we need to look at) you can find the degrees and other information in a separate PDF on the synastry page of astro.com. Look for the link "View the additional tables (PDF)" and click on it to see the additional information. Reading a synastry chart is mainly about reading the aspects between the planets in the two charts. So once you find the PDF, scroll down to the bottom of the page and look in the synastry grid that is there. Unfortunately, you can only see/read these and not save/upload. That’s why I like to see both natal’s and composite. This grid (in my opinion) has too many minor aspects and the orbs are quite wide. I like to use + - max 3’

When looking at a woman’s chart the type of man she would look for is her sun sign and mars traits, plus 7th house planets and house cusp ruler and where that ruler was deposited.
When looking at a mans chart for the type of woman he would look for is his venus and moon sign and then 7th house planets and house cusp ruler and where that ruler was deposited.

Although synastry is a valuable tool with astrology it cannot 'make things happen' even if you have the best synastry in the world unfortunately..

If you want to research more into synastry try here
http://cafeastrology.com/astrology_of_relationships.html
http://www.cafeastrology.com/synastry/interchartaspects.html
http://www.cafeastrology.com/synastry_house_overlays.html
http://www.astrology-numerology.com/synastry.html
http://www.astrology-numerology.com/synastry-houses.html
http://www.astrology-numerology.com/synastryaspects.html
http://www.cosmitec-astrological-compatibility-advice.com/astrology-marriage.html
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17513
http://www.astrotheme.com/synastry_advice.php

dreamtimez

Any particular aspects to mercury in the synastry and composite charts?

Plenty ! :wink: In synastry

My Mercury conjoins his Venus, sextiles his Uranus, trines Chiron. (all within 1 degree orb)
His Mercury sextiles my Neptune, conjoins my Pluto (a 3 degree orb here)

Veronica

Perhaps, we should avoid pluto/mars mars/saturn mars/uranus cross aspects.. but why is it then that we tend to fall in love with people with whom we have terrible synastry... matches made from hell ..

Neptune Rising

I would look at each natal too. There can be violent tendencies in the synastry and composite, but it takes a transit to trigger them, from experience. In one case, the Sun person in natal was experiencing a Neptune conjunct Sun while Chiron was squaring their Sun, they were the recpriocent of violence. In the other case, a couple had their natal Sun's in opposition. During the recent Chiron/Neptune conjunction which was squaring both their natal Suns, they were entangled in a violent relationship that lasted for the duration of the transit.

scorpittarian

in synastry with my ex, i hd
his mars conjunct my pluto
his mars square my saturn
his pluto square my saturn
his mercury conjunct my mars
his mars out of sign conjunct my mercury

he natally has sun/mars/pluto conjunction in scorpio & moon in aries.

in composite, we've
mercury conjunct mars
pluto in the 7th.

He hs a bad temper & inclination toward violence. i hit him publicly when i found that he ws cheating on me & using me for resources n put him through all sort of ****. however, he never raised a hand at me :surprised:.
while we were together, we argued a lot in the beginning, mainly cz i ws very immature, but with time, things began smoothening out n then BOOM one day we broke up after a fight. it ws a very unstable relationship cz i never trusted him. he's worse than a pathological liar so........:sad:

however, i hve my own trust issues. neptune on the asc makes me pretty gullible n indecisive. so my trust oscillates between the person telling me he's a ******* & him.....i haven't concluded yet who's manipulating & who's not. all of them seem to be lying at times. in synastry, we also share a sextile between my neptune & his sun which makes me very forgiving toward him. i've 4 main planets in sag which make this situation worse. i cn b too optimistic hoping that things will turn out to be fine & all other romantic ********.

Vista

Well, while I think Mars in hard aspect to Moon can show someone who is a bit temperamental and also most likely had problems with their mother, my personal experience is that people with hard aspects from Mars to Uranus and Pluto can be extremely temperamental and argumentative. I also many a times see a distinct cruel streak. Many athletes have these aspects, which would be an excellent outlet for these energies. Recently, I dated a Scorpio Sun with Moon in Aries and he also had Mars square Uranus and Pluto. Definitely temperamental and very argumentative. He was a master manipulator and liar too(Sun conjunct Neptune in the 1st contributed to this). Interestingly, I have found that when there are a lot of Scorpio and Aries personal planets mainly Sun, Moon, and Mercury, many times these people can be very temperamental. All that Pluto and Mars energy I suppose. Would like to reiterate that i am not saying everyone is like this, just my own personal experience and observations.

Joseph Astrologer

A lesson for all of us, try not to get too trapped in the conceptual dimensions of astrology and its aspects. Listen to your self and intuition if violence, either psychological or physical, is an aspect of your life. Truth and honesty cuts through any ego driven frustration or anger. True power holds its centre with experience and releases itself with wise discernment :)

Veronica

venus opposite pluto

(the Borderline personality/Othello syndrome type)

Many fear of rejection in relationships, and capable of all sorts of machinations and intrigues to obtain and maintain the affection and attention from others.
Someone who very easy can manipulate the people around her.
Someone who plays the “victim” to manipulate and control others by holding you emotionally hostage.
Emotionally greedy.
Hysterical outbursts of rage.
Deep feelings of jealousy and possessiveness.
Can show extreme jealousy, insane jealousy, obsessional jealousy, psychotic morbid jealousy ... :sick:
Often try to remake her spouse rather than try to reform herself.
Often dictatorial to her spouse.

Natal pluto in IC
Dominant in domestic circumstances.
Domestic violence in childhood.

Transit pluto in 7 (Natal Pluto IC)
May be cruel in marriage.
Controls you through guilt, blackmail, and blame.
Likely to make strong demands of spouse.
Often dictatorial to spouse.
Tend to dominate partnerships.
May become envious of others.
Treats other people like ****.
Abusive towards partner.

TIP!
For men who are recovering from relationships with abusive women please visit http://www.shrink4men.com/

I have pluto on my 4th.... I didn't grow up in a abusive home nor was molested nor was my dad cruel or Iam abusive to anyone... charts are promises.. and people have choices on how to act on their energies and planet placements.

I dont have pluto on natally on the 7th.. but have as a transit... I will agree a bit that nowdays ..( I go on little powertrips with people but not to any crazy degree and only when Iam not sure of someone)

DreamingTheSeas

Veronica, i took a look at your chart and i wanted to ask you if you had an early loss of a parent, and how did work until now that Sun Oppo Saturn in your chart?
(i dont have astrology knowledge, i am just a beginner)

Last edited:

tokyo.lights

A friend of mine got married recently. It was her second marriage. The first one ended in a divorce two years ago because of domestic violence. It was nice to see her so happy ... :smile: having put the dark days behind her, she is ready for a new life !

This incident made me think ... Are there any astrological indicators of domestic violence ? I feel, Mars and Pluto will have some role to play. Also an afflicted Moon may be significant. But are there any specific aspects which indicate a potentially violent man/woman ? Then again, I feel that, the presence of an aspect is not equivalent to being an abuser/abused ... there must be other factors that trigger the aspect in the natal chart. If you have any information on this please share. Thanks in advance.
A lot of survivors of domestic abuse have Venus hard aspecting Neptune tightly.
Tina Turner, Rihanna, Madonna, Whitney Houston have all been in relationships with violent men and all have Venus square Neptune within a few degrees.
Maybe Venus-Neptune makes you overly forgiving in love, looking past faults most people would run away from...like addiction and violence.

I have a wide out of sign Venus-Neptune square, and I can totally relate to wanting to save your fella. And while I find myself drawn to men with issues and hot tempers, I've fortunately never fallen so deep that I wouldn't walk away if things became emotionally abusive or violent.