How to find life purpose?

How does one use astrology to figure out their true vocation? I have Sun and Venus Conjunct my Midheaven. Venus is in the 10th house Gemini, if that was of any importance.

Last edited:

Moondancing

Premium Member
Do you have a chart with your birth time? The Moon plays a big role, our emotions tend to play an important role in the directions we take on the road of life.

Moondance

Moondancing

Premium Member
Post your birth data and someone might post your chart for you. What sign and house the Moon is in is important. Also, 11th house can tell you of your hopes and dreams. There is a lot to consider. :smile:

Moondance

JUPITERASC

I don't have a proper picture I'm afraid, but here are my moon aspects:

Moon Conjunct Mars
Moon BiQuintile Uranus
Moon SesquiQuadrate Neptune
Moon SesquiQuadrate Mercury
Moon Inconjunct Saturn
Beginning with Moon conjunct Mars ~
Moon may conjunct Mars in any of twelve different signs
each of those twelve different signs has a ruler
and so
it makes a difference whether the natal chart has Aries Moon conjunct Aries Mars
or
Taurus Moon conjunct Taurus Mars
or
Gemini Moon conjunct Gemini Mars
and so on for all the twelve signs

It's important because
for example
Mars is ruler of Aries
Venus is ruler of Taurus
Mercury is ruler of Gemini
and so there is a completely different interpretation for each case
that's why generalisation is unreliable :smile:

HOW TO ATTACH A CHART TO YOUR POST ON THE FORUM
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12126

Moondancing

Premium Member
I'm so sorry for not being clear. By birth data I mean date of birth, time, birth place. If you can't post a chart as JA has directed with his post above, The data you give will help someone to post it.

Sun in Taurus in 9th house (end)
Moon in Virgo in 1st house
Mercury in Taurus in 9th house
Venus in Gemini in 10th house
Mars in Virgo in 1st house
Jupiter in Aquarius in 6th house
Saturn in Aries in 8th house
Neptune in Capricorn in 6th house
Uranus in Aquarius in 6th house
Pluto in Sagittarius in 4th house

Asc Leo
2nd Virgo
3rd Libra
IC Scorpio
5th Sagittarius
6th Capricorn
Desc Aquarius
8th Pisces
9th Aries
MC Taurus
11th Gemini
12th Cancer

Sun Trine Mars
Sun Square Jupiter
Sun Trine Neptune
Sun Opposing Pluto
Moon Conjunct Mars
Moon BiQuintile Uranus
Moon SesquiQuadrate Neptune
Moon SesquiQuadrate Mercury
Moon Inconjunct Saturn
Mercury Square Neptune
Mercury Square Uranus
Venus Trine Neptune
Venus Trine Uranus
Venus Opposing Pluto
Mars Inconjunct Jupiter
Sun Conjunct MC
Venus Conjunct MC
Pluto Opposing MC
Jupiter Square MC
Neptune Trine MC
Sun Square Asc
Jupiter Opposing Asc
Mercury Trine Asc
Uranus Conjunct Neptune
Jupiter Sextile Saturn
Uranus Sextile Pluto
Neptune Sextile Pluto

jkxx74

Premium Member
Moondancing,

could you get a chart posted?

Sun and Venus in Gemini on the MC would generally indicate disseminating information to the masses through public speaking, writing, blogging or the like. Because you also have

Sun Opposing Pluto
Venus Opposing Pluto

whatever you write is likely to be concerned with matters that require investigation, perhaps people's motivations, the underlying psychology, or life-changing experiences (in faraway places/with other cultures) and is probably an area of special concern for you. "Jupiter Opposing Asc" could point to people who makes this easier than usual for you to accomplish.

"Sun in Taurus in 9th house" interesting - have you had a desire or the ability to travel abroad?

jkxx74

Premium Member
*I looked at what you posted again, looks like I messed up a bit -

Your Leo Asc could explain the love for drama and theatre and being the center of attention, you would function best in that situation.

Feeling there is something hidden going on could indicate a Pluto transit of some sort, I am not sure at present. You do seem to have a multitude of talents related to 'projecting reality' to others, so that might be it.

Going aspect by aspect,

Sun Trine Neptune - a sensitivity to all things subtle and beyond reach, but not necessarily mysterious, more like nebulous. Perhaps a theme of self-sacrifice in the movies you are interested in creating.

Moon BiQuintile Uranus - a curious but subtle fascination with personal freedom, not in any way that could come off as odd or noticeable, however. Would hazard this exposes you to some unusual moods and perceptions about things.

Mercury Square Neptune - hard aspects between Mercury and Neptune are difficult to deal with; your Neptune is in 6th so it is strong there and likely creating beliefs that drive you to care for others or somehow focus on this. Mercury aspecting would mean you pick up feelings from others, so whatever environment you were in recently plays a role in how you feel about everything. Probably you need someone with a cool head to straighten out perceptions of what you have experienced recently. This aspect can create odd feelings, including the 'hidden potential' ones where something is just out of reach but somehow really there. It will probably be useful to you, but make sure you always bounce off ideas with others.

"Mercury Trine Asc" - would guess this has to do with being good at debating :)

*I looked at what you posted again, looks like I messed up a bit -

Your Leo Asc could explain the love for drama and theatre and being the center of attention, you would function best in that situation.

Feeling there is something hidden going on could indicate a Pluto transit of some sort, I am not sure at present. You do seem to have a multitude of talents related to 'projecting reality' to others, so that might be it.

Going aspect by aspect,

Sun Trine Neptune - a sensitivity to all things subtle and beyond reach, but not necessarily mysterious, more like nebulous. Perhaps a theme of self-sacrifice in the movies you are interested in creating.

Moon BiQuintile Uranus - a curious but subtle fascination with personal freedom, not in any way that could come off as odd or noticeable, however. Would hazard this exposes you to some unusual moods and perceptions about things.

Mercury Square Neptune - hard aspects between Mercury and Neptune are difficult to deal with; your Neptune is in 6th so it is strong there and likely creating beliefs that drive you to care for others or somehow focus on this. Mercury aspecting would mean you pick up feelings from others, so whatever environment you were in recently plays a role in how you feel about everything. Probably you need someone with a cool head to straighten out perceptions of what you have experienced recently. This aspect can create odd feelings, including the 'hidden potential' ones where something is just out of reach but somehow really there. It will probably be useful to you, but make sure you always bounce off ideas with others.

"Mercury Trine Asc" - would guess this has to do with being good at debating :)

Oh wow... I always felt like an emotional sponge. When I first came across Sun Signs, I felt I should have been a Pisces. But according to astrology... How could I discover my purpose, since I have so many interests?

jkxx74

Premium Member
You have asked a big question but there are some 'rules' you can follow. The sum of what we are meant to be is roughly our talents, used to fulfill our needs, which can then be used to reach for our higher potentials. In other words, you must first get that which you need to feel secure/yourself/at home/happy/in the right place. Once you accomplish this you'll start seeing many other things you 'want' to do that you happen to be good at doing.

Are there things holding you back at present? If so, focus on these first, so that you can make the most of your potentials later. A little secret, those needs from earlier will keep you back until taken care of, but will empower you once you have made them happy. Think about it, what comes to mind?

If you care to send a chart I could look further, this is a very general first things first answer.

*EDIT: When considering the emotional sponge bit, think of the positives it offers you and how you could better things with this ability - knowing what people around you are up to could be a plus, if you use it to stick with the people you get good vibes from and avoid the ones that put you off, and so forth. Depending on the orb of that aspect it could have some bearing on what positions you should/shouldn't go for professionally as well. But again that's just one piece of the puzzle.

Last edited:
You have asked a big question but there are some 'rules' you can follow. The sum of what we are meant to be is roughly our talents, used to fulfill our needs, which can then be used to reach for our higher potentials. In other words, you must first get that which you need to feel secure/yourself/at home/happy/in the right place. Once you accomplish this you'll start seeing many other things you 'want' to do that you happen to be good at doing.

Are there things holding you back at present? If so, focus on these first, so that you can make the most of your potentials later. A little secret, those needs from earlier will keep you back until taken care of, but will empower you once you have made them happy. Think about it, what comes to mind?

If you care to send a chart I could look further, this is a very general first things first answer.

*EDIT: When considering the emotional sponge bit, think of the positives it offers you and how you could better things with this ability - knowing what people around you are up to could be a plus, if you use it to stick with the people you get good vibes from and avoid the ones that put you off, and so forth. Depending on the orb of that aspect it could have some bearing on what positions you should/shouldn't go for professionally as well. But again that's just one piece of the puzzle.

Thank you so much for helping me out! It's very kind of you to put in thought into this matter. What information from my chart do you require? My internet connection is poor and it isn't loading astro.com But i have text copy pasted in my notes.

jkxx74

Premium Member
If you feel comfortable with this, post (or PM) your date of birth with the time if you know it, I will go from there.

retinoid

Thank you so much for helping me out! It's very kind of you to put in thought into this matter. What information from my chart do you require? My internet connection is poor and it isn't loading astro.com But i have text copy pasted in my notes.

Can you define what a life purpose is? Does life require a purpose?