My confidence and general happiness in this country

drummer

Hello everyone,

So, I moved to Canada about 3 years ago and obviously, with this massive change had to leave my old friends, family and society behind. I was excited about the prospect, but eventually it all got dull. I didn't make any friends and eventually lost interest in almost everything. Every single day of mine is just about the same so I am bored out of my wits for the last 3 years. I have also lost my confidence due to my self imposed solitude and now find communicating with others quite difficult. I just don't connect with them.

So, my question would be if I'll regain this confidence again and what is screwing me up and my future like this? I am really worried about my mental health and my future.

Thanks for your help

confidence.jpg

Last edited:

junoisuppose

Hi,

I'm not sure what that chart you posted represents. It says it is an event chart?

Have you tried looking at a relocation chart for your new location? You can do them at www.astro.com extended chart selection. It is your chart but in the new location the houses are different, it can make a big difference to your experience, and I'd look at where saturn is to see which areas of experience are difficult in that location.

Also perhaps it could be transits or progressions. Moving to a new country is a big change, usually influenced by pluto or uranus, and like all changes they can feel difficult initially but they clear away things that are holding us back freeing us up for a new life. Or you could be going through a saturn transit, which is depressing for anyone, whether you are in your home country or not.

If you could post your birth chart people might be able to tell you what is affecting you at the moment.

drummer

Hi,

I'm not sure what that chart you posted represents. It says it is an event chart?

Have you tried looking at a relocation chart for your new location? You can do them at www.astro.com extended chart selection. It is your chart but in the new location the houses are different, it can make a big difference to your experience, and I'd look at where saturn is to see which areas of experience are difficult in that location.

Also perhaps it could be transits or progressions. Moving to a new country is a big change, usually influenced by pluto or uranus, and like all changes they can feel difficult initially but they clear away things that are holding us back freeing us up for a new life. Or you could be going through a saturn transit, which is depressing for anyone, whether you are in your home country or not.

If you could post your birth chart people might be able to tell you what is affecting you at the moment.

Oh hey, thanks a lot for your response. I now realize that I set the wrong date even for the event chart. And I wasn't aware that you need a relocation chart if asking about moving. Terribly sorry about that I'll edit my original post.
I am more worried about the fact that I still haven't made any long lasting friends even though it's been 3.5 years since I moved to this country.

I see inernational students coming in and "settling in" within a year at my university, making friends, hanging out... and it really makes me anxious. Will I ever be able to do that..why is it taking so much time for me. It's not like I have any attachment to the previous place I used to live in, other than the fact that a girl I love still lives there haha. :biggrin:

we are still in contact though, so it might be that which is causing me problems in adjusting here

Thanks for your feedback, please do comment on the relocation chart if you can.

Edit: Saturn is in Scorpio, which from a quick google search says that it is related to politics, cleverness, leadership, sacrifice etc. Not sure how this ties in to my situation. I guess I am lacking dominance and/or leadership.

Last edited:

dr. farr

(Following is not in accordance with standard horary practice and uses whole sign house format)

-querent = 1st house = Libra = Venus
-self-confidence = 10th house = Leo = Sun
-querent Venus flows toward self-confidence significator Sun = + testimony
Answer: yes querent will regain self-confidence

What's been causing the problems?
-12th house (self-undoing) = Virgo = Mercury; Mercury is posited in 5th whole sign house in Aquarius: so, part of the causes involved have to do with 5th house matters, and with the - indications of Mercury in Aquarius and of Aquarius on the 5th house (for these indications, see the relevant astrological literature about meanings of houses, of planets in houses, of planets in signs, and of signs in houses)
-1st house (the self) has a detrimented Mars in it (Mars in Libra)-so, see the - indications of detrimented Mars, Mars in Libra, and Mars in the 1st house in the relevant literature.

Further indication that self-confidence will return, is shown by the lucky strike North Node (True Node, not Mean Node) entering rising sign of Libra, bringing better "luck" for the querent, in general, in the not too distant future...

drummer

(Following is not in accordance with standard horary practice and uses whole sign house format)

-querent = 1st house = Libra = Venus
-self-confidence = 10th house = Leo = Sun
-querent Venus flows toward self-confidence significator Sun = + testimony
Answer: yes querent will regain self-confidence

What's been causing the problems?
-12th house (self-undoing) = Virgo = Mercury; Mercury is posited in 5th whole sign house in Aquarius: so, part of the causes involved have to do with 5th house matters, and with the - indications of Mercury in Aquarius and of Aquarius on the 5th house (for these indications, see the relevant astrological literature about meanings of houses, of planets in houses, of planets in signs, and of signs in houses)
-1st house (the self) has a detrimented Mars in it (Mars in Libra)-so, see the - indications of detrimented Mars, Mars in Libra, and Mars in the 1st house in the relevant literature.

Further indication that self-confidence will return, is shown by the lucky strike North Node (True Node, not Mean Node) entering rising sign of Libra, bringing better "luck" for the querent, in general, in the not too distant future...

Thanks a lot for taking the time out to do the reading really appreciate. From whatever little I understand about astrology, 12th house is usually considered unlucky and given that it's showing a connection to 5th house (the house of family,love relationships, friends? and general happiness), I assume this situation came about due to loss of friends,family and a love interest.

I will do further research into that will ask again if I am still unclear. It's really relieving to see that my self confidence will return soon. Thanks a ton :biggrin:

junoisuppose

Hi,
Here's what I see from that chart, also not a traditional approach since I use modern planets and transits.
You are venus in the 4th, sitting in your home a lot. Venus is in Aquarius, not an uncomfortable place for venus. This might signify being surrounded by people who are quite different from what you were used to. Venus is sextile uranus, ruler of Aquarius, so these people are not hostile to you. There is the potential to go out and get along with them, but in an Aquarian way, Aquarius being a detached sign these people will be civil to you but not very emotional or warm, not because they don't like you but because those are the qualities of Aquarius. You have the potential to meet them through 6th house activities (e.g. part-time jobs or health related activities) and aries activities.
Mercury ruler of friends, in the chart you posted, not dr farr's interpretation, is also in Aquarius, so you could meet friends through Aquarian activities - some examples are humanitarian societies, science, computers, but again these will not be close, emotional friendships.
There is no aspect between venus and the ruler of the 3rd house indicating that you do not have any problems with communication, it is not that you cannot communicate with these people.
Neptune and chiron are in the 5th house indicating that you are feeling loss (neptune) and pain (chiron) in relation to 5th house matters. The sun is also in the 5th so you are wanting a 5th house relationship. Venus is semi-square the sun so you are not happy about this.
Another problem is that venus is opposite the moon, ruler of your 10th house, this means that you could be having trouble because your status is not what you would like it to be. The moon is in leo, so again this reinforces the idea that you would like to be in a fun relationship. (The moon opposition in the 10th may also mean other things that are affecting your happiness to do with career or authority figures).
If you are looking for a 5th house relationship, the ruler is neptune, which is in pisces so you could look at pisces activities, and the traditional ruler is jupiter which is in the 9th, so 9th house activities. The next aspect that venus makes to jupiter is an in conjunction, so you'll be in 2 minds about this then, but then later venus will progress into pisces, which is a much warmer, emotional sign, and to neptune, so you might meet someone who can bring 5th house fun into your life then.
And a big problem is mars, ruler of opponents, is in your first house, squaring venus, your ruler. This suggests to me (because of my own difficulties with this aspect recently) that recently you have had some conflicts with angry people or aggressive young men. Fortunately mars in libra is weakened so these opponents are not strong, also fortunately this square is ending soon as these planets are moving apart so these conflicts will be over soon.
Having said all that I like dr farr's much simpler approach too.

Zarathu

Account Closed
IMO,

You would do better looking at the challenges and struggles of this time in your life through birth chart. For that you would need to either post or PM birth information, and since I would be using minor and tertiary progressions, if you were to PM that to me, I would also need to know if you moved anywhere away from your birth place over the first 4 years of life, and if so specifically where and when.

Zarathu

drummer

Hi,
Here's what I see from that chart, also not a traditional approach since I use modern planets and transits.
You are venus in the 4th, sitting in your home a lot. Venus is in Aquarius, not an uncomfortable place for venus. This might signify being surrounded by people who are quite different from what you were used to. Venus is sextile uranus, ruler of Aquarius, so these people are not hostile to you. There is the potential to go out and get along with them, but in an Aquarian way, Aquarius being a detached sign these people will be civil to you but not very emotional or warm, not because they don't like you but because those are the qualities of Aquarius. You have the potential to meet them through 6th house activities (e.g. part-time jobs or health related activities) and aries activities.
Mercury ruler of friends, in the chart you posted, not dr farr's interpretation, is also in Aquarius, so you could meet friends through Aquarian activities - some examples are humanitarian societies, science, computers, but again these will not be close, emotional friendships.
There is no aspect between venus and the ruler of the 3rd house indicating that you do not have any problems with communication, it is not that you cannot communicate with these people.
Neptune and chiron are in the 5th house indicating that you are feeling loss (neptune) and pain (chiron) in relation to 5th house matters. The sun is also in the 5th so you are wanting a 5th house relationship. Venus is semi-square the sun so you are not happy about this.
Another problem is that venus is opposite the moon, ruler of your 10th house, this means that you could be having trouble because your status is not what you would like it to be. The moon is in leo, so again this reinforces the idea that you would like to be in a fun relationship. (The moon opposition in the 10th may also mean other things that are affecting your happiness to do with career or authority figures).
If you are looking for a 5th house relationship, the ruler is neptune, which is in pisces so you could look at pisces activities, and the traditional ruler is jupiter which is in the 9th, so 9th house activities. The next aspect that venus makes to jupiter is an in conjunction, so you'll be in 2 minds about this then, but then later venus will progress into pisces, which is a much warmer, emotional sign, and to neptune, so you might meet someone who can bring 5th house fun into your life then.
And a big problem is mars, ruler of opponents, is in your first house, squaring venus, your ruler. This suggests to me (because of my own difficulties with this aspect recently) that recently you have had some conflicts with angry people or aggressive young men. Fortunately mars in libra is weakened so these opponents are not strong, also fortunately this square is ending soon as these planets are moving apart so these conflicts will be over soon.
Having said all that I like dr farr's much simpler approach too.

:w00t: wow every word of your describes my situation to a T. I am literally sitting in my house too, as I have nowhere to go other than my university, no friends means really nothing to do after school. It has dumbed me down so much, you know the more you talk, the more your brain remains active, but it's been so long since I've poured my heart into any conversation, everything's just too formal and boring, almost always putting my brain to sleep.

I would like to be in a fun relationship yes. I would love to have a close group of friends who I can have fun with, which isn't happening at current. I don't think I have any problem understanding/talking to people here, I speak the language well. It's just that there's no spark with anyone that I talk to. Just like you said, these people are civil/polite/courteous but I don't think they really care about making any emotional bond.

I am currently volunteering at a hospital and a clinic and I have made some friends at the clinic. The volunteering job at the hospital also involves socializing with patients so that will help my situation. I think this is the venus in pisces move in action? Although nothing major has happened yet, I joined both of these fairly recently.

Thanks for the response, I can expect something good from my volunteering work

drummer

IMO,

You would do better looking at the challenges and struggles of this time in your life through birth chart. For that you would need to either post or PM birth information, and since I would be using minor and tertiary progressions, if you were to PM that to me, I would also need to know if you moved anywhere away from your birth place over the first 4 years of life, and if so specifically where and when.

Zarathu

I've sent the message, please check your pm

junoisuppose

Hi,
Thanks for your response. It's good to get feedback. To know that I am quite good at astrology :whistling:, or to highlight things that I've overlooked.
Why I said that you can meet people through part-time jobs or health related activities was because venus was in Aquarius, that indicated the country that you are living in at the moment (4th house) and the people there (Aquarius, even though Capricorn was on the cusp there was a lot of Aquarius in that house, Aquarius can mean people who are from very different societies to us, it can also mean people who are polite and friendly but in detached way), and uranus, the ruling planet of Aquarius - the people in this country (although saturn is also a significator since it rules the cusp) was in the 6th house (part time jobs and health) and sextile venus (a positive relationship to you).
The sun is in pisces which fits very well with caring for people when they are sick, and yes I think you will be able to relate to them on an emotional level once venus gets to pisces :smile:

drummer

Hi,
Thanks for your response. It's good to get feedback. To know that I am quite good at astrology :whistling:, or to highlight things that I've overlooked.
Why I said that you can meet people through part-time jobs or health related activities was because venus was in Aquarius, that indicated the country that you are living in at the moment (4th house) and the people there (Aquarius, even though Capricorn was on the cusp there was a lot of Aquarius in that house, Aquarius can mean people who are from very different societies to us, it can also mean people who are polite and friendly but in detached way), and uranus, the ruling planet of Aquarius - the people in this country (although saturn is also a significator since it rules the cusp) was in the 6th house (part time jobs and health) and sextile venus (a positive relationship to you).
The sun is in pisces which fits very well with caring for people when they are sick, and yes I think you will be able to relate to them on an emotional level once venus gets to pisces :smile:

Well now you know you're good at astrology :wink:

Yeah, this society is very different from the society I came from. You can say I had mastered the art of fitting in and making a bundle of friends back there, but the same techniques here lead me nowhere. Besides, racial/cultural difference prevents me from having a full on emotional relationship, as I am usually cautious not to say something offensive or something that the people may not know of (which is plenty).

Also, as Canada is an individualistic society, people don't really seem to include you in their groups unless you have hung around with them for years, it's quite unlike the previous society,where everyone finds some group to fit into. They maynot always have nice friends but atleast they have some friends.

One of the main reasons why I joined the volunteering position at these two places was to improve my social life. My everyday routine is literally waking up, getting a shower, dressing up, going to university, coming back, play games/do homework , eat dinner and sleep. I've been doing that for the past 3 years :cool: and I would like to change it.

Thanks for your response man.