Mars Rx Opposite Sun

MSO

I wouldn't say I "found" a balance. I just don't think the balance is upset from the get-go. Maybe it'll erupt at a later point in life. Or, hey, maybe it's really unbalanced and I'm just not even aware XD. But it doesn't cause any problems that I can tell. Most of my problems stem from Saturn in my 5th House and my incompetent Moon.

astro_2gw_02_john_hw7876921620.gif

For some reason, when you use whole sign, it doesn't show aspects to the AC point. But I do have them: Sun and Jupiter sextile the AC, Mars trines it. Mercury forms a square to it.

Oddly enough, for the Sun/Saturn arrangement, I sort of feel the square, but then I sort of don't.

When reading definitions of aspects between the two, I identify with about half of the square's definition, and about half of the sextile's. It's kind of odd, but heh. Maybe it's both, one by actual aspect, and one by the planets' signs?

Last edited:
MSO, maybe if you added in the 'outers' and their aspects,it would explain why you only inndentify with half if your aspects....

but obviously, you must be old school and Traditional and they don't include or acknowledge the 'outers'...

MSO

astrologer50, this thread is about the opposition between retrograde Mars and Sun. It's not a chart reading. I only posted my chart because miquar was interested in my sense of balance between the planets.

Speaking of which, maybe it's the Libra Sun's natural ability to 'balance' oppositions? XD

tikana

hey MSO

Mars retrograde usually has either opposition with sun (your case), inconjunct to the Sun or a very wide trine to Sun.
Considering the ill reception between Sun and mars where Sun is approciated in Aries while mars in libra does not well perform at all. on top of that your mars is sextiling Jupiter. so you will get over extensive flare of the oppisition.
I think your mars is in 9th house Koch / placidus, i would say you have impatience studying in school for instance you may want to learn everything on your first day.
another issue with retro mars / sun oppisiton in 9th house, dont forget that 9th house deals with reliigous beliefs. you might feel to go against the grain or might be prosecuted for your religious/philosophical views.
you would be in luck of mars turned retro in progression. The eeffect of retrograde planet would tame itself down.

2 cents on the issue
T

miquar

Incompetent Moon MSO?! What are you like! Moon in Pisces has many talents. I guess you're a fire air type that doesn't want to get bogged down in feelings. I'm the same actually, with Moon in Scorpio ruling my Cancer ascendant, so no escape for me.

There was a thread recently called Saturn in the 5th house that may interest you.

MSO

hey MSO

Mars retrograde usually has either opposition with sun (your case), inconjunct to the Sun or a very wide trine to Sun.
Considering the ill reception between Sun and mars where Sun is approciated in Aries while mars in libra does not well perform at all. on top of that your mars is sextiling Jupiter. so you will get over extensive flare of the oppisition.
I think your mars is in 9th house Koch / placidus, i would say you have impatience studying in school for instance you may want to learn everything on your first day.
another issue with retro mars / sun oppisiton in 9th house, dont forget that 9th house deals with reliigous beliefs. you might feel to go against the grain or might be prosecuted for your religious/philosophical views.
you would be in luck of mars turned retro in progression. The eeffect of retrograde planet would tame itself down.

2 cents on the issue
T

Thanks Tiki :biggrin: My progressed Mars is still retrograde, does that account for anything?

Well you're right about what Mars does for me. But I certainly feel like my Sun does a great job of balancing it out. Whenever things get too heated, I always manage to calm people down with some tactful charm :cool:

Maybe I like Traditional and Whole Signs because I like going against the grain? Who knows, it just seems to fit so well :whistling:

Incompetent Moon MSO?! What are you like! Moon in Pisces has many talents. I guess you're a fire air type that doesn't want to get bogged down in feelings. I'm the same actually, with Moon in Scorpio ruling my Cancer ascendant, so no escape for me.

There was a thread recently called Saturn in the 5th house that may interest you.

Well, my Moon's in the 8th House and, from what I understand, that makes it relatively "idle." I do feel its effects, however I'm certain they're not as intense as a normal Pisces Moon person.

I was doing some reading on Cancer ascendants because of how close mine is to being Cancer, and yeah... that would suck to have the Moon in a water sign ruling your AC :unsure:

Ohh a thread about Saturn in the 5th? I'm there! :w00t:

But I already know I'm going to have to read about Pluto and how amazing it is... sigh.

miquar

Hi. I don't go with the idea that planets in succedent houses (2, 5, 8, 11) are idle. I'm intrigued about where your Moon is hiding. What are your eating patterns like? Are you dependent on anything (not just drugs but anything at all) that you feel anxious or lonely without? What kind of partners do you tend to end up with? Psychic sensitivity? Psychosomatic illnesses? Loss through financial dealings with others? No pressure to answer these questions of course, but I am very interested in how Moon operates since I have a similar situation in my chart.

MSO

It's not that it's a succedent House, it's that it's the 8th House. The 8th House can't see the Ascendant, therefore anything there is sort of "idle."

My eating patterns are pretty normal I guess. Although I find it difficult to eat within the first few hours of waking up for the day.
Dependent on anything? Um.. maybe communication? I feel pretty lonely without someone to talk to, but other than that, not really.
I tend to end up with someone different every time. No real standard there, but the ones I like are the ones that are full of fire and alive (in an emotional sense).
Psychic sensitivity... Not really. I mean, sometimes I pick up my phone for no reason and I'll get a text. Sometimes I'll think "I should do this!" then on my way to doing it, something will pop up out of nowhere and lead me away from it, which turns out later it's for my benefit. And things like that.
Psychosomatic illnesses? I have allergies caused by stress. This I fully attribute to my Moon and Pisces being in the 8th House.
I don't really bother with financial dealings. I like to do things myself or not at all.

I don't mind answering. What's your Moon's situation? It doesn't seem like anyone else is going to use this thread so we might as well hijack it for ourselves XD

miquar

Hi. My Moon is in Scorpio in the 5th house, making no major aspects and ruling my Cancer ascendant. There's no water in my chart apart from this and my strongest element is air, though on paper my elements look well balanced.

I do eat a lot of comfort food, which my Aquarian Sun doesn't like, nor my Venus in Capricorn in the 6th, nor my strong Saturn.

I can't decide whether I shy away from intimacy because I genuinely can't see the big deal about being half of a couple rather than a whole individual, or if I'm afraid of all the turmoil - actually I guess both are strong at the same time.

I have tended to be very possessive over my children and fearful of not seeing enough of them or having enough control over their lives (5th house)

I think my Mum had so little affirmation as a child that she couldn't give me any either (she has Moon Saturn Pluto conjunction in Leo) and this affected me greatly as a child. I became emotionally volatile and this of course made everything worse because she couldn't handle it. In fairness to her, the intensity I brought with me into the world was probably as alienating for her as her response was for me.

I tend to often assume the worse in others and be mistrustful of people, but can get on very well with people.

miquar

I originally picked up my first astrology book wondering if astrology could help me to free myself of a tendency to suffer in relationships. Since then its become more of a calling in itself. I do try to use astrology to become a better parent.