Chatter and natter 😍😍

three M symbols

Nobody did the reading. I used vedic chart calculators (two different ones).

But I don't know all the vedic techniques. I didn't clicked on any special option

moonkat235

Hmmm never plugged my info into a Vedic calculator. I just use astro.com.

Extended Chart Selection > Options for Zodiac and Houses > Sidereal > (pick an ayanamsha, my friend uses True Revati) > House Systems > whole signs

It doesn't tell me the dashas, etc. I don't know how those are calculated, but for the nakshatra, I just look at the degree and sign of the Moon under whatever ayanamsha. Then just look up what nakshatra that puts me into.

So under True Revati ayanamsha, I have a 21 degree Aquarius Moon. Purva Bhadrapada Nakshatra— Ranges from Degrees 20 Aquarius – 3:20 Pisces sign

Under Lahiri ayanamsha, I have a 17 degree Aquarius Moon. Shatabhisha Nakshatra— Ranges from Degrees 6:40 – 20 in the Aquarius sign

david starling

Extended Chart Selection > Options for Zodiac and Houses > Sidereal > (pick an ayanamsha, my friend uses True Revati) > House Systems > whole signs

It doesn't tell me the dashas, etc. I don't know how those are calculated, but for the nakshatra, I just look at the degree and sign of the Moon under whatever ayanamsha. Then just look up what nakshatra that puts me into.

So under True Revati ayanamsha, I have a 21 degree Aquarius Moon. Purva Bhadrapada Nakshatra— Ranges from Degrees 20 Aquarius – 3:20 Pisces sign

Under Lahiri ayanamsha, I have a 17 degree Aquarius Moon. Shatabhisha Nakshatra— Ranges from Degrees 6:40 – 20 in the Aquarius sign

Wow, a 4 degree difference, depending on the ayanamsa! What degree is your tropical Moon?

Hkk

Account Closed

Thank You!

In western i have Leo Moon. In Vedic i have Cancer. Rising from libra to Virgo, sun from cap to sag....even my chiron changes from Taurus to aries.
Venus in scorpio as opposed to Sag....well that explains a lot lol

moonkat235

Thank You!

In western i have Leo Moon. In Vedic i have Cancer. Rising from libra to Virgo, sun from cap to sag....even my chiron changes from Taurus to aries.
Venus in scorpio as opposed to Sag....well that explains a lot lol

You identify more with Venus in Scorpio than Sagittarius?

My Venus goes from tropical Taurus to sidereal Aries. I'm told my Venus in Taurus fits pretty well though

Hkk

Account Closed
You identify more with Venus in Scorpio than Sagittarius?

My Venus goes from tropical Taurus to sidereal Aries. I'm told my Venus in Taurus fits pretty well though

When I researched Sag venus it doesn't feel to me it fits. Sag likes adventure. Sag is laid back in their dress sense. I'm very dressy. My love life may have been kind of like an adventure but it wasn't enjoyable and out of choice. I wanted to settle down and i can admit I'm quite possessive and Intense. I can't see the sag. The Sag placement is intercepted too.

With you do you feel like more venus in Aries or taurus. You say people say it fits but how do you feel?

BTW hows your health since the hospital visit?:love:

moonkat235

Wow, a 4 degree difference, depending on the ayanamsa! What degree is your tropical Moon?

Yeah it's really interesting! That degree difference is pretty notable in how it affects Vedic time periods.

Like under Lahiri (I think), I'm currently in a Saturn-Ketu dasha as of October 2018 and it will shift over to Saturn-Venus on November 28, 2019.

Whereas under my friend's calculations (he uses True Revati and some other tweaks I think?), I'm in Saturn-Moon dasha as of August 21st, 2019 and it will end March 22, 2021.

Last edited:

Hkk

Account Closed
Apart from the venus in Scorpio, I can't relate to Vedic. My NN cancer is in the 12th instead of 11th. Western it was Leo which I relate to more.

I don't dismiss it but I just need to know more to be able to relate. I went to a Hindu astrologer for life insights and he was spot on. What he sai happened. He is based in a Temple. The whole surrounding area of Hindus and Sikhs go to him. Sikhism does not do Astrology but a lot still believe as before Sikhs they were Hindus long ago.

david starling

I'm of the opinion that both tropical and sidereal Charts are operative. They're on different wavelengths, and you can follow one or the other, or consider them both at once. Although, tropical is more geared to the mundane, dealing with our material existence, and sidereal is more attuned to our spiritual pursuits. In my own case, I have a spiritually oriented tropical Chart, and a materialistically oriented sidereal configuration. Sort of a reverse crossover.

Hkk

Account Closed
I'm of the opinion that both tropical and sidereal Charts are operative. They're on different wavelengths, and you can follow one or the other, or consider them both at once. Although, tropical is more geared to the mundane, dealing with our material existence, and sidereal is more attuned to our spiritual pursuits. In my own case, I have a spiritually oriented tropical Chart, and a materialistically oriented sidereal configuration. Sort of a reverse crossover.

How and why is it reversed? If the Vedic/Sidereal is spiritual where does Draconic lie within that. I thought Draconic was your 'soul' chart?

moonkat235

Oh and also, apparently you have to look at where the moon was transiting in the sky at the time of the dasha change over or w/e. Like when I went into the new Saturn-Moon dasha, apparently the Moon was in a good position from Saturn or something and then you look at the way your natal chart is to see what areas are emphasized. I don't really know. This was literally all explained to me yesterday, because I could barely remember what an ayanamsha was until then. lol

moonkat235

When I researched Sag venus it doesn't feel to me it fits. Sag likes adventure. Sag is laid back in their dress sense. I'm very dressy. My love life may have been kind of like an adventure but it wasn't enjoyable and out of choice. I wanted to settle down and i can admit I'm quite possessive and Intense. I can't see the sag. The Sag placement is intercepted too.

With you do you feel like more venus in Aries or taurus. You say people say it fits but how do you feel?

BTW hows your health since the hospital visit?:love:

Oh I see, I've wondered about interceptions myself, but not too much. Like I don't have any intercepted planets, but Aquarius and Leo are intercepted in the 1st and 7th respectively.

Venus in Taurus makes sense to me. I see Venus in Taurus as a long-term relationship kinda placement and that's true for me. I'm pretty serious about that sort of thing and I do tend to stick to a couple friends at most at a time. I also really love nice things. lol Like I love delicious rich foods and pretty clothes and I have this very big attraction to silky feeling textures. I love satin. To be honest, I have gold satin bed sheets and as a kid, I'd run around clothing stores at malls rubbing my face on anything silky or satiny until I got yelled at too much.

Apart from the venus in Scorpio, I can't relate to Vedic. My NN cancer is in the 12th instead of 11th. Western it was Leo which I relate to more.

I don't dismiss it but I just need to know more to be able to relate. I went to a Hindu astrologer for life insights and he was spot on. What he sai happened. He is based in a Temple. The whole surrounding area of Hindus and Sikhs go to him. Sikhism does not do Astrology but a lot still believe as before Sikhs they were Hindus long ago.

moonkat235

How and why is it reversed? If the Vedic/Sidereal is spiritual where does Draconic lie within that. I thought Draconic was your 'soul' chart?

I didn't read this closely enough, but I saw 'tropical' and 'reversed' and thought oh hey, does David reverse the zodiac for the southern hemisphere?? Idk why. lol

Hkk

Account Closed
Oh I see, I've wondered about interceptions myself, but not too much. Like I don't have any intercepted planets, but Aquarius and Leo are intercepted in the 1st and 7th respectively.

Venus in Taurus makes sense to me. I see Venus in Taurus as a long-term relationship kinda placement and that's true for me. I'm pretty serious about that sort of thing and I do tend to stick to a couple friends at most at a time. I also really love nice things. lol Like I love delicious rich foods and pretty clothes and I have this very big attraction to silky feeling textures. I love satin. To be honest, I have gold satin bed sheets and as a kid, I'd run around clothing stores at malls rubbing my face on anything silky or satiny until I got yelled at too much.

Wow Gold silk.....loving it :cool:

How do you feel with your first and 7th? Do you feel 'stuck' in that area.

david starling

Haven't tried it yet. Since the Moon's NN locates the 1st Point of Aries, instead of the Sun's position at Equinox, there's no way to know any of your Signs without the calculator. Each Chart has different Sign positions depending on the NN, rather than the tropical calendar. How are the Houses set? Still using the Ascendant?