2015 Solar Return

tsmall

Premium Member
Typically, we want to see threads with no interpretation in the RMC forum. I guess maybe I'm pulling weight posting it here, with the caveat that I can interpret an SR chart, lol, and will once everyone who's interested has a go.

This is my last year's SR, with natal. For those of you who practice some or any traditional methods, it was an 11th house profection year, bringing Leo to the ASC, and yes, that was a total lunar eclipse on 9/28/2015. Events are fresh, so there's no better time to test skills with a post-mortem chart. Some members have some of the pieces, but showing it astrologically can be a great learning exercise.

Attachments

• 2015sr.jpg
    2015sr.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 41

Osamenor

Staff member
I've meant to try my hand at this for some time, but my SR reading skills being so basic, I've found it beyond difficult without first hearing some detail from the native. However, I see something that I can interpret because something similar just happened to me, and there's some commonality:

In January 2016, you became a moderator of this forum. Uranus was transiting your DC and in opposition to your natal Jupiter. That also appears in your SR chart, although with a wider orb. By January, Uranus was in closer orb because of its retrograde.

In your SR chart, you had Mars and Jupiter conjunct the SR MC.

In January 2017, I became a moderator of this forum, with Uranus transiting my IC and natal Jupiter, and transiting Jupiter in opposition and applying conjunction to natal Uranus. In my solar return last August, Jupiter was conjunct my SR MC, and Uranus was about where it would be in January, just a few degrees different.

A pattern for new moderators of AW, perhaps?

The other details I have, from brief mentions you made in other posts: you said you had your "hands full" after an eclipse on your solar return. Sounds like a lot going on in your life, for better or worse. More recently, you said something about a separation. Marital separations don't come out of thin air, so this must have been already brewing by your 2015 solar return. Could that perhaps be reflected by SR Mars applying conjunction to natal Venus? If your natal chart were a horary, you would be Venus and your husband would be Mars, and Venus at that time had recently come out of retrograde. Did you perhaps have some sort of rift and then come back together and try to make it work around that time?

Eleventh house: I kind of sort of know how profections work, but not enough to be really proficient; however, I would expect an eleventh house theme to have some significance with your SR MC being in your natal eleventh and natal AC being in the SR eleventh. Mercury retrograde on natal AC... was there a re-encounter with one or more old friends? Or a need to re-evaluate something having to do with friends, associates, goals, long term plans, other eleventh house things?

Were questions of security and/or personal finances front and center at and right after your solar return (SR AC in natal second)? Did you see a new job opportunity, or experience some expansion career-wise, during that year, possibly having to either fight for it or step into a take charge role (Mars and Jupiter at SR MC)?

icequeen

Very interested if anything became of that loose saturn+Neptune conjunction on solar asc.

The whole year seems to revolve around your friends and romantic interests, with lots of communication, and some unexpected albeit fated development (in love and partnerships among other things).
Sexual interest in a co-worker. Good stuff happening at work in general.
Possible flood damage to real estate, nothing crazy, toilet backing up?
Finances take a hit, debt repayment for your ex/significant other?