3 day decision - Should I sell this land now or later?

Ace

I have a dilemma. I was given a piece of land recently and am unsure what to do with it. It seems to have potential with it, however, not sure if I should hold off in selling or sell it sometime this year. The city has an interest in the land and the offer is conditional on grant money which may take up to a year to get an answer of funding so I don't know what will be offered in terms of a price.

I'm hoping sometime down the line someone comes in like a developer who will buy up the land to develop single family homes. This seems to be a possibility since there are some owners who have parcels within the nearby vicinity who are making improvements to their parcels and there is a subdivision nearby so there could be a good chance someone could come in wanting to make an offer for it. Just not sure how long that could be and wanted to make a chart to see when's a good time to do so.

I am Saturn (retro), accidental dignity in 10th house.
Land is represented by Venus (detriment) in 3rd, and Mars (detriment) in 9th house. Venus and Mars has mutual reception.
Moon is in 2nd house also on 7th house cusp (Jupiter in 7th). Moon and Jupiter has mutual reception.
Price of property is represented by 10th house cusp which is Mars and 11th house cusp is also Mars.
S.N. conjuncts Venus.
There seems to be a lot going on here and the mutual receptions are confusing for me. I don't like how the S.N. aspects the land itself so it gives me pause on selling the land. Any other analysis will prove useful to me who have experience with this type of horary.

My gut tells me it's a no, yet not sure if I hold off on this piece of property that it will be worth holding onto (paying taxes, insurance, etc.). Any assistance on further analysis will be appreciated.

Here is the chart:

waybread

Astrology aside, I don't see an offer conditional upon money that may or may not be available in a year's time as a viable option. Is this rural land? If so, is it being farmed now? If this is farmable land and you lease it to a farmer, you should get a tax break on it.

I don't think you will sell it with the current offer, with Venus past an aspect to Saturn, and Saturn moving retrograde. If the city can make you a better offer, you can ask a question about it separately.

Harold

Sometimes, often in fact, it is best to keep matters simple and not look for too much detail in a chart.

In this case, we see Mars, ruler of the 10th (the city) in mutual reception with Venus, ruler of the 4th (the land) and this shows the interest the city has for the land. But, both Venus and Mars are in detriment here so we should not expect this reception to translate into a positive sale.

On the other hand, we see Jupiter, exalted in the 7th house (buyers) and Saturn , ruler of the 1st house (the seller, you) moving to a trine with Jupiter. Moreover, the Moon, ruler of the 7th, is moving to an un-impedited trine with Jupiter. This exalted Jupiter rules an intercepted sign in your second house, so may be considered a 'co-significator' of your liquid assets - cash!

I think an interested party will come and make you a good offer sooner than you think (Saturn retrograde).

Ace

waybread thank you for your response. It is actually nearby a town so it's land that is zoned for single family homes. To clarify, the city has received preliminary approval for a matching grant from the conservancy department for the state to fund the purchase of the property. The City's offer will be contingent on final receipt of the grant funds by the City so that will take about six to nine months from their letter. I am just wondering if I should take this upcoming offer or take the chance that a higher offer will come years down the line. Does the chart show a second offer or maybe another entity that could come in down the line for a higher offer?

Harold - Thank you as well for taking a look here. It appears there is a sale that could occur, however, I just don't want to sell too soon which is my concern. I hope that the chart does say more about a future developer that may crop up and if there is a promise in the chart for this or a second buyer, who is the stronger one who will offer a better price (city vs a developer)?

Once again, many thanks for this. I have requested an extension till Friday for an answer to the city to sell to them. It's again, either sell to them or take the gamble on waiting till another offer comes in. Hopefully the chart has more to reveal.

waybread

As strongly as I believe in conserving open space near cities, I think the city should come up with cash on the barrel like everyone else. I've seen too many budget claw-backs to trust that money will be there because it's been promised.

In the mean time, Harold is the pro here, so I would go with his reading.

Harold

The question was, "Should I sell this land now or later?"

Do you have an actual buyer for it now....? The promise that cash might be available is a rather weak argument for committing yourself contractually to a sale to that party, and so blocking any approach from a real buyer!

You have a city council who is interested, the chart shows that. The chart also shows that will probably come to nothing as the significators are weak.

But the chart also appears to show that a buyer will come on the scene who is ready to buy and will make a good offer, and moreover will come on the scene sooner rather than later.

That is my reading of it anyway. But it is your chart and the interpretation of it is ultimately your responsibility. It is your decision to make.

Ace

There is no real offer on the table except a contingent one based on funds, so of course, if the funds clear then the offer will be presented then ( six to nine months timeframe). The city will only make an offer should the funds actually materialize. Many lot owners in the area were also approached by the city to sell so they are also waiting in the wings just like I am.

I think due to the chart analysis, my gut, and just the idea of real estate in general now in a slow recovery are all pointing to pass on this and wait for the next opportunity.

Thanks again waybread and Harold for your prompt replies. I feel much better after getting input from you both.

Ace

Update: On May 29, the city did make an offer that is contingent on ratification and approval of the agreement by the City Council and the agreement is contingent upon the purchase price being supported by an appraisal and final receipt of the grant funds.

waybread

Thanks for the update! Have you made a decision?

Ace-- probably you know all of this, but.....

Oftentimes sellers who get an offer with strings attached will come up with a counter-offer to keep the property on the market, but allow the prospective buyer a few days to come up with the money-- if and when another better offer comes through in the meantime. This effectively bumps the prospective buyer into a second position, but if they can come up with the cash after all, within the specified time limit, it still gets them the property. If you get no better offer before their approvals are satisfied, then they purchase it.

Ace

waybread - still awaiting the other co-owners of the land to respond. My decision of at least now is leaning to deny the offer. I think it may be best to just hold and the land has appreciated and will also I believe likely to do so and other land parcels next to mine are being developed so that could be a good indication of the land value increasing as more lots get developed. Just for good measure, I'm also waiting on some advice from a local realtor who knows the area well and will shed some light later this week on the situation. I do have till the beginning of next week to either deny or accept the city's terms so in the meantime, I'll just wait in the wings till more information pours in. Thanks as well for your advice! :)