Saturn Square Ascendant Experiences?

starsgalore

Hi all, I'm interested in what your experiences were/are with transit saturn square ascendant. I'm even more interested in those with transit saturn squaring ascendant from the fourth house. Thank You!

Last edited:
Hi all, I'm interested in what your experiences were/are with transit saturn square ascendant. I'm even more interested in those with transit saturn squaring ascendant from the fourth house. Thank You!

May I suggest you read the 'welcome to the world of astrology’ and other ---sticky' at the top of this forum? It has some great explanations, links etc. At the top of every forum there are lots of ‘stickys’ which explain matters in that forum, along with guidelines & tips

There is a 'plethora' of information on AW, espec in the 'stickys' at the top of every forum, our Education forum and Recommendations forum to. Plus we have a good search feature,[but not foolproof obviously, so try here first] bit like google using keywords – initially select advanced and try just selecting 'titles' rather than posts or you'll get too many threads. If this doesn’t get results then try google

What Astrology Can and Can Not Do
http://www.ofspirit.com/susanmiller1.htm
http://www.cafeastrology.com/articles/whatastrologycandoforyou.html

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showpost.php?p=234549&postcount=7
Perhaps you should read this thread entitled: astrology predicts meanings, not events
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17546&page=2

Transits
I use--- 1° approaching, 1° exact and 1° departing. If you click on the link listed below for the online ephemeris it will list all planets at any given time. Learning astrology is like learning a new ‘language’ and obviously the more effort you put into something the more your knowledge and understanding will increase. All transits act as ‘background’ influences through a house, until it makes a mathematical aspect to a planet inside or an Angle.

For 'timings' I would look to the retrograde hit as the most important trigger, then look to see what the quicker planets are doing especially mars & mercury --

astro.com has fee six month transit forecast plus when you get into Extended chart selection, look at the three tabs after calculating a chart under ‘method’ default is circular wheels (on left), middle is special charts and in their you get graphic ephemeris 1yr (or 5years) with natal = transits for 1yr and lots more. BUT you first must learn or memorise the 'glyphs' ie: shorthand for recognising what these maps/graphics mean.

For example when you post or reply to a chart the 'smilies' to the right and just under them [more] if you click on there it will bring up a whole loads of 'glyphs' Mercury Uranus conjunction (+or - 8') trine aspect 120' Libra

http://cafeastrology.com/transits.html
http://cafeastrology.com/transits_2.html
http://www.bobmarksastrologer.com/transits18.0.htm
http://www.astro.com/faq/fq_fh_transits_e.htm
http://www.astro.com/astrology/in_transits_e.htm
http://www.astro.com/swisseph/ae/2000/ae_2009.pdf
http://www.khaldea.com/ephemcenter.shtml
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/learn-astrology/astrology-glyphs.php
http://www.dkfoundation.co.uk/dkfoundation/BookTransitsAndProgressions.htm

Now it's more important to focus on transits from Jupiter to Pluto (poss mars as this is the ignition key)and these planets when aspecting something in your natal chart 'set off' the difficult or nice 'aspects - potential - problems' that your chart expresses. By that I mean if a benefic planet like Jupiter hits/touches/transits your venus, mars or uranus these could be experienced very pleasantly. BUT if your natal venus is afflicted, or badly aspected say conj saturn then jupiter will not has such a good effect. It all depends on how the natal planet is 'aspected'

For me I would say external 'events' must be seen by transits, progressions or Solar arcs to Angles ie: Asc/Desc & MC/IC most other times these events are 'internal, psychological matters as in between the ears'

Now astro.com uses a much wider orb, possibly something like 5° or even 10° that’s why when you use the free transit forecast service a transit goes on for months and months. BUT common sense should tell you when the transit is ‘exact’ then it’s at the strongest. Some astrologers swear by 1° approaching produces ‘events’ some say the 1° exact, some say 1° off for triggering events. I personally look to the exact and 1° off for ‘timings’ especially the retrograde hit (backwards hit)

This last website link is rather nice because it gives interpretations of what the ‘Lord’ of the house cusp ruler means ie: T Jupiter sextiles natal sun, so wherever Leo rules in your chart is connected to the area this transit will be affecting –
http://www.astrology-x-files.com/transits/

starsgalore

Hi Astrology50, Thank you so much for the info!

I have studied astrology for a long time, but I was just interested in personal experiences that people on the forum have had with this aspect. It kind of adds a little bit more flavor to what the books, articles, etc. have to say about the aspect.

You listed some excellent sites, and I have gained much knowledge from just about all of them! Thanks again!

R4VEN

I have studied astrology for a long time, but I was just interested in personal experiences that people on the forum have had with this aspect. It kind of adds a little bit more flavor to what the books, articles, etc. have to say about the aspect.
starsgalore, like you I value the power of people's individual stories to flesh out the meaning of transits. This is what I call giving astrology `life'.

I have had the Saturn square to my (Capricorn) ASC occur a few times, and as with all Saturn transits, it had a notable effect in my life.

Saturn square ASC from 4th house:

• I had this occur in the first months of my first job teaching in a small country town. The job was fine, but my housing took a while to get used to. I was boarding with a newly widowed woman who wanted company, but my friend and I wanted to party. I also had to adapt to sharing my bedroom with another young teacher, and I found this hard, as I was quite a private person and ultra-tidy, while she was very messy. We eventually solved this problem by drawing an imaginary line down the middle of the room, and on her side she could be as messy as she liked, while on my side I was free to maintain a sense of order!!
  • The second time this transit occurred was just prior to my youngest child moving out of home. By this time he was 22, and I was almost pushing him out the door, so keen was I to have my life back!! I had brought up my 2 children pretty much alone, and I had devoted most of my time and energy into their welfare. He moved out around 6 weeks after the exact square.
I am coming up to another square to the ASC from the 10th house. The last time was in 1982, and I was battling to earn money and put it away so that I could leave my marriage.

hermetic

Excuse me for bumping up this thread but it seemed better than to make a new one altogether.

Currently transiting Saturn is squaring my ascendant from fourth house, on top of that it is my Saturn return, just happening, and it also conjuncts my natal Pluto that is conjunct natal Saturn and both are nataly squaring ascendant - not the best time of my life.
And while Saturn conjunct ascendant transit was all about internal depression and dissatisfaction with the self, this transit seems to be bringing more real life problems - mother being very ill, moving house and most prominently there has been a huge misunderstandings in relationships, some friends leaving for good, many people misunderstanding my point causing quarrels and much frustration on my side, and feeling overall that I'm better off by myself, because with others always comes trouble.
I'm sure this is even more complex in my case since there is Pluto involved and also because my Saturn is square to Asc nataly.
I feel things can't get much worse than this, so it's probably true that once Saturn passes IC it is rising towards MC and life gets better.

Any thoughts on this?

Attachments

• transitnov.jpg
    transitnov.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 214

R4VEN

hermetic, what you are experiencing sounds like a fairly `normal' Saturn square ASC from the 4th experience. (I am currently having tr Saturn square my ASC from the 10th. Am having to exercise patience in large doses!!)

I am intrigued by the misunderstandings you are experiencing, as this is not necessarily a Saturn thing. I am seeing 2 other things which may be bringing about a kind of `blocking' in your life.

1. tr Mars is conjunct your 3rd house cusp. This is temporary, and may not be about being misunderstood as it would be about feeling targeted by others' nitpicking and criticism.
  2. You have a Yod (I will call it such, although I'm sure there are some who will howl this down) with Chiron at the apex. IMO, this is the only valid Yod in which Chiron can be a part. Now, tr Saturn is conjunct your natal Pluto - itself part of the Yod - for a time, so this will result in a temporary Yod activation, which will hold up progress temporarily while you sort things out. Patience is required.
Also, tr Saturn conjunct Pluto is quite a major time of transition. On my first conjunction of tr Saturn to Pluto my 2nd child was born - the day after the exact conjunction - and he has been instrumental in a lot of karmic duties I have had to fulfill in my life.

And feeling you need to be by yourself is also fairly typical of this transit. While this may feel like a life-changing decision, it will probably only be a temporary one until Saturn moves on.

A Saturn square to the ASC is difficult in some ways, because some situations in our lives are highlighted so that we have to see them for what they are, but this is not a bad thing - only challenging.

yassine01

Hi starsgalore,

I have that aspect too, I have Saturn at the cusp of 4 squarring my Libra Ascendant (with the Moon stuck to it). It's indeed a difficult aspect, tell me about it!

on it's own T Saturn conj pluto is a major transit....

The main theme tends to be facing responsibility in the face of corruption. At this time when you have to concentrate interests more deeply and narrowly, often because you are going through financial burdens or some other kind of shortage. This is also a time to get rid of any rules and regulations that do not adequately meet the demands that you are experiencing. Many of the habits that you have grown used to, simply do not apply anymore. You may have to live with austere circumstances for a while. The authorities may not be dependable, or may be corrupt.
http://www.astrology-x-files.com/transits/saturn-cj-pluto.html

it may well be interesting to see what your secondary progressions and solar arcs are doing....

when you were about 22 did you have a major bust up with father or male?

I also notice T Pluto has been squaring your sun for quite a long time now.This is another major transit forcing you t become more authentic, assertive and commanding..:w00t:

Now T Uranus has been conj MC and quincunxing natal sun and this will happen further, although it's retrograded it will go direct over it again. Good luck with that

hermetic

Many thanks to you both for replying :)

R4VEN, in regard to these misunderstanding issues, they have been lasting for a few months now, so while Mars is transiting 3rd house cusp probably have something to do with it at the moment, I am guessing that Saturn transiting Mercury(3rd house ruler) has made this communication problems that have been lasting a while, especially because Saturn was going back and forth while retrograding. But if you haven't mentioned Mars on 3rd I would have never thought of investigating into 3rd house a bit more:smile:
I am aware of this Yod, although not much familiar with the essence of Yods, I do know that Chiron in 11th has brought me lot of emotional pain from wrecked friendships all though my life and it's working again. Thanks for pointing that out.

astrologer50, many thanks for the insight. No, at 22 when my progressed Sun hit that Pluto I had a bust up with a partner much older than me, but it was in no way too emotional or life changing, that was all that was happening during that time.
Yes, Pluto is sqauring my Sun, IC and MC for long, I think that has been manifesting as my mothers long illness. Also, Uranus is hitting MC, opposing Sun and IC, and that also I connect with my mother in some way because Uranus disposed my Moon and my mom and my relationship with her is purely Uranian, she has Uranus on AC.

I also at the moment feel lack of direction in terms of career and hope Uranus will bring some sudden change regarding that.
I've been reading a lot on Saturn Pluto and Ascendant connection, found the link and the quote you left, it sounds about right, but the part I relate to most as to my life conditions now is the following:

Saturn Square Ascendant: Severe testing in your relationships with
others. Evaluate which relationships are worth keeping and which
aren't. If you do not do this consciously, people who have been with
you a long time will leave against your wishes. There is often a
tendancy to build a wall between you and others without even realizing
it. You may feel you have no support from others. Perhaps you have
been paying more attention to getting ahead than to giving and receiving
love. Or perhaps fear of your own inadequacies or fear that you are
unlovable made you withdraw from others. In this case, the people you
associate with are opposed to your direction in life and walls will form
between you and them, forcing you to begin a new life without them.
Develop a clear idea of where you are going and enjoy a new sense of
freedom instead of trying to maintain inappropriare relationships.
from http://astrolog.offline.ee/astrolog/texts/transits.txt

heloise

Dear all,

Thanks so much for this thread! I'm also having Saturn square my ascendant from my 4th (and Mars transiting my 3rd, which is also my natal placement) and find it rather ... well... unsettling, to say the least.

I have never suffered from depression and I am, I think, by nature a fairly positive and optimistic person but this transit has literally hit me like never. Interestingly though, not exactly in the wrong way: I was expecting many problems and difficulties with 4th House matters (they can still happen of course) but on the contrary, I have actually felt very very acutely the huge importance of my family and my home in my emotional well being. In other words, I think I used to be a bit too much career-focused but the transit is making me realise that my family and my home are ultimately what matters (or at least to me).

I'm rather emotional at the moment and cry much more easily than before, but actually not so much out of sadness but out of the realisation and 'gratitude' for the family/home I have.

Attachments

• astro_24gw_09_bb_20111123_79955_924.jpg
    astro_24gw_09_bb_20111123_79955_924.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 54

geminimoon83

I feel for you!!! :( I can really relate with the hardships posed by Saturn square Ascendant. I am going through possibly the roughest time of my life. My Ascendant is squared by Saturn, Pluto is opposite my Venus in 6th house, Pluto and Saturn are conjunct or will be soon, and I am about to experience my Saturn return, although I believe I am somehow already feeling it. My friends are falling away, I am single and have lost interest in dating, I am losing family due to their constant negativity, I am frustrated with everyone simply because I keep running into people that want to use me and toss me aside, and after living a life of friends and romantic interests using me, I have decided to clean up my life and rid myself of these people. Life is too short. I am also sick much more often. The only good thing that I have noticed through all of this is that I am a cleaning, organizing freak. LOL I guess the best thing to do is... learn from the lessons and trials of Saturn. We all have these growing experiences. I hope mine will end soon, although it appears as if it will all last into next year. :annoyed:
Hang in there. :smile:

Attachments

• astro_2gw_01_eli_he_83174_11843.gif
    astro_2gw_01_eli_he_83174_11843.gif
    46.7 KB · Views: 55

heloise

Thank you :kissing: Take care of yourself (eat well, try to sleep well), that's really important during those tough transits.

I completely relate that what you're saying: I have been single for the past 6 months and this saturn transit makes me feel uninterested in dating and also much more pessimistic about finding someone (thank you Saturn :wink:). But I'm a strong believer in the virtues of being single for a while: it makes you reflect on what you want and can give and helps you establish better relationship in future.

I had my Saturn return a few years ago and I didn't find it that difficult: rather empowering actually. A lot happened at that time: I finished my doctorate, got a job, and moved in with my partner. Hopefully you'll feel the same - maybe what you're going through now is what will enable you to have a smoother Saturn return (ie get rid of anything that you've overgrown).

Take care

Munch

It would seem that all of us growing up in the early to mid 80's (Saturn/Pluto conjunction by transit) are having a fun time of it! My SR return was the kick off of one very long transitional period that will not end for a while yet. Still, I did get through it and I'm better for it. I feel like I'm going through a major distilling process. Every last vestige of impurity as it were is being sieved out. I feel a little more calm and centered every day without the benefit of meditation which stands in stark contrast to the manic happiness of my more spiritual days. I am actually beginning to feel like a real true blue Capricorn and it feels great. It feels super right to fall back entirely on myself and not give any credence to a "god" force. Anyway, tangent complete. Hang in there everyone!

Last edited:

ivrin

I had a saturn square asc from 4th house. Within this transit any behavior of my father leaped to my eyes. His eating style, his approach to a subject, his ideas, etc. I started to hate all of his behaviours and wanted to rebel against all of his dominance in the house, because anything he did was so nonsense to me. But I have south node in 4th house in my natal chart as well, maybe that increased the feeling of hate and rebel to my root, i.e. father :)

Fragoso

Hello
Saturn is about to square my natal ascendant and that planet is transiting in mine 4th house... It doesn't sound a very good time, it might bring obstacles, difficulties, limitations...
At the moment that doesn't concern me - worst than saturn squaring my natal mars and opposing MC (witch happened last year and during the summer of 2012) it's impossible so :whistling::whistling::whistling:

Come what may rush! xD

Venusinlibra

I am experiencing my second saturn square ascendant from the 3th house. In my case, this transit is even more powerful because I have natal moon conjunct asc - so saturn is squaring moon also - and natal venus square asc from the 3th, so saturn is conjunct venus at same time, activating the moon/venus square.
The first time it hapened I remember I sudenly found myself with no friends or boyfriend at all, and my best girlfried got married and had a baby and our friendship cooled and died. It was a very lonely time.

astro11

Saturn in Taurus was squaring my Leo ascendant from the 10th house (natally it is in fifth) in the seventh grade. I remember this time because we got a substitute teacher (the reg teacher was on maternity leave) until approx April of the year. At first the sub teacher seemed okay, but relatively quickly and for no reason she started picking on me! This was not in a good natured way, looking back she was rude and unprofessional. I was an excellent student and very well behaved so I never had this problem with my teachers before. Also, there were numerous useless fights within my group of friends that year. Again, prior to this I had not experienced interpersonal problems with my friends and after this I never experienced these problems with friends either. In short, it seems that Saturn squaring my ascendant was causing other people to want to fight with me, even when I didn't provoke it.

Last edited:

hermetic

... an update from my Saturn squaring Ascendant experience - the recent Saturn retro made it even worse so it seems, as it was going over my natal Saturn and Pluto again.
Happenings in the last 6 months - my mom died after long illness, moving house, my relationship has been rocky since Jan/Feb, still not sure how it's going to end.
Physically I am at my lowest ever, have problems eating properly, no energy, teeth and lower back hurting, and mentally I am very unfocused and hazy, feeling depressed quite often. Don't really have much energy for anything, and my social life has gone way down - almost no friends left. And even those that are left keep disappointing me constantly. Seems like loneliness is recurring theme with this transit.
I am honestly hoping the hell of the past 2 years will pass soon, after Saturn goes into Scorpio, as this has been terrible experience overall, the feeling that is all moves in slow motion has to be the worst, like it will never end.

flobabe

Hello all
I know this thread is old but I'm going through saturn sq asc at the moment from the 4th house where I have pluto and venus in scorpio tropical astrology (pluto and venus in libra sidereal) :w00t: haha! It's not an easy one but I'm not sure what to make this transit. To be honest most things are going on on an internal rather than circumstantial external level. Even though i noticed me and another "friend", class mate whatever have fallen out or seem to have fallen out due to some disagreement we had over something she said, that's the only thing I noticed so far. It hasn't had that much impact on me except making me feel more disconnected from the world than usual since I'm currently a student and it feels lonely at times, but this is something I've been dealing with forever: the alienation and disconnectedness. I resonate strongly with the information from this transit and maybe it's time I moved elsewhere really and started figuring out what really matters in my life. Pluto is also been transitting my 5th house and fighting with saturn in cap for a while so it's been a tad dreary and dull, slow etc. But the loneliness and depression is something i've felt pretty much most of my young years and knowing i don't quite "fit" anywhere. It's not comforting but it makes sense because I always felt a barrier between me and the people I'm around; sort of like they never really understood me or were there for me with support..this is the impression; gut instinct feeling I'm going with. I feel this will blow over when I'm older since I'll be more mature and wiser and maybe have more of an idea where I'm going and not feel the need to avoid conflict to please others. I'm not very experienced in astrology so can't talk much about angles and all that. I'm getting some help with sidereal astrology, but astrology is supposed to be an important parh of my life in the next coming months/years. I have uranus transiting 8th house--

flobabe

"Saturn Square Ascendant: Severe testing in your relationships with others. Evaluate which relationships are worth keeping and which aren't. If you do not do this consciously, people who have been with you a long time will leave against your wishes. There is often a tendency to build a wall between you and others without even realizing it. You may feel you have no support from others. Perhaps you have been paying more attention to getting ahead than to giving and receiving love. Or perhaps fear of your own inadequacies or fear that you are unlovable made you withdraw from others."
[edited quote over 100 words against forum rules - Moderator]

:alien:Maybe it's time i had a change then!! New better relationships, more honesty and growing up and moving on!! I want to travel to Nepal south east Asia; move away from all the tiring stuff. :unsure: Does anyone else get this urge to travel and move away from their surroundings??? Vitality is seeped out and sometimes i feel so "beat up" There's a ton of other things going on in my chart such as squares and a t-square ugh, but I want to deal with one problem at a time to be honest.

Last edited by a moderator: