Comet NeoWise

Woodsman

I was wondering if anyone is discussing the astrological implications of the Comet Neowise which is now reportedly visible with the naked eye. He is some information on it from Wikipedia: "It is a retrograde comet with a near-parabolic orbit discovered on March 27, 2020, by astronomers using the NEOWISE space telescope. For observers in the northern hemisphere, in the morning the comet appears low on the northern-eastern horizon, below Capella. In the evening it can be seen in the north-western sky. In the second half of July 2020 it will appear to pass through the constellation of Ursa Major, below the asterism of The Plough (Big Dipper).
Does anyone out there know the location and time of discovery of the comet?
What zodiacal degree does the comet occupy?

JUPITERASC

I was wondering if anyone is discussing the astrological implications of the Comet Neowise which is now reportedly visible with the naked eye. He is some information on it from Wikipedia: "It is a retrograde comet with a near-parabolic orbit discovered on March 27, 2020, by astronomers using the NEOWISE space telescope. For observers in the northern hemisphere, in the morning the comet appears low on the northern-eastern horizon, below Capella. In the evening it can be seen in the north-western sky. In the second half of July 2020 it will appear to pass through the constellation of Ursa Major, below the asterism of The Plough (Big Dipper).
Does anyone out there know the location and time of discovery of the comet?
What zodiacal degree does the comet occupy?

COMET NEOWISE was discovered by NASA’s
Near Earth Object Wide-field Infrared Survey Explorer
(NEOWISE) spacecraft
on March 27 :smile:

By the start of next week it becomes better placed in the evening sky
while remaining visible in the pre-dawn sky.

https://astronomynow.com/2020/07/07...-naked-eye-comet-visible-in-the-pre-dawn-sky/

https://www.space.com/comet-neowise-visibility-july-2020.html

CapAquaPis

Comet NeoWise in the same astrological longitude degrees of Leo in Late July.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C/2020_F3_(NEOWISE)#/media/File:Comet_2020_F3-skyview.png

Comets can be useful to predict events in astrology, I'm looking at 3 possible outcomes of 3 world leaders known to mismanaged the COVID pandemic in their countries: The resignation of UK PM Boris Johnson, the arrest and conviction of Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro, and the electoral defeat of US President Donald Trump.

Cruiser1

I was wondering if anyone is discussing the astrological implications of the Comet Neowise which is now reportedly visible with the naked eye. What zodiacal degree does the comet occupy?
Comet NEOWISE is named after the "Near-Earth Object Wide-field Infrared Survey Explorer" mission which discovered it. However, for astrological meaning, I can't help but relate that name to the words "Neo+Wise", which suggests that the comet is a source of bringing in "new wisdom" to our planet. That is, of course, sorely needed during these tumultuous times! ;)

The Swiss Ephemeris made available an ephemeris file for comet NEOWISE in July. That means programs that use it such as Astrolog can be used to display its position and include it in charts. Below is an Astrolog animation showing the comet's movement from Mar 10 through Sep 12 of this year. On the right hand side is its orbit path through space, with heliocentric zodiac sign sectors indicated. On the left hand side is a standard geocentric wheel chart showing the same information.

neowise.gif