Never give money o beggars

If you want to help the truly needy, donate to the Salvation Army.

A man who poses as a rough sleeper, but lives in a London flat, says he chooses to beg because he earns far more than he would by getting a job. The supposed rough sleeper also admits to getting benefits, and admits it's a more lucrative lifestyle than taking on an £8-an-hour cleaning job. Darren: ‘A lot of people on the street are intentionally there. You can earn £100 in one day begging.

A herioin addict says:
‘I can make £30 in half an hour begging. I have a two bedroom house – you can come round if you want to.’

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...s-makes-begging-streets-does-getting-job.html

Lykanized

I'm really inclined to not trust organizations like Salvation Army. I'd much rather give money to a beggar than a corrupt organization. However, some intelligent individuals have come up with a better solution of buying them food or something of that sort

JUPITERASC

I'm really inclined to not trust organizations like Salvation Army.
Quite

I'd much rather give money to a beggar than a corrupt organization.

However, some intelligent individuals have come up with a better solution

of buying them food or something of that sort
That is an act I am in favor of and I frequently do give food to those seated on pavements
or in shop doorways
particularly if my only other option
is to trash it
after all

doesn't cost anything
and life can be literally unpredictable
ask any bona fide astrologer :smile:

let's keep in mind
that

if we were in their situation
perhaps then we would understand their need

Salvation Army gives a higher pecentage of their donations to the needy and have low overhead (salaries and perqs) compared to most major charitable organizations, like the United Way for example. However, I think people are better served, both givers and receivers, by giving to local boots on the ground groups. Usually they are the churches.

JUPITERASC

Salvation Army gives a higher pecentage of their donations to the needy
and have low overhead (salaries and perqs)
compared to most major charitable organizations, like the United Way for example.
However, I think people are better served, both givers and receivers, by
giving to local boots on the ground groups. Usually they are the churches.
images