Is this relationship doomed/going to end soon?

summer92

I recently met someone who I got along really well with and have started dating.He's been really nice and I'm aware it's inconsiderate to want attention in the early stages,but I've usually preferred people who are very vocal with what they feel.He's friendly and warm,but slightly distant and got out of a relationship 7 months ago.He refuses to talk about it in depth but I get the feeling that it could be because he's still in love with her.

I feel like backing out right now in order to save myself from heart ache.It's early and I'm already getting attached (Chiron in H7 Natal conj my H7 Moon in Natal).

I don't get the Saturn in the 1st Chart.
Moon in the 8th could describe my current state.Does the True Node indicate undoing? (12th house)

He's placed in my 1st house which is slightly reassuring and my 10th placement is apt for the current situation I'm in (Job).

the Moon's Void = does this mean I know the answer myself?

He really is a nice guy and hasn't done anything to hurt me yet but I feel like backing out already as it's so early and I'm getting attached which is scary.

the venus mars square (coming together,leaving) ; followed by the saturn in 1st makes me think this will end.

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_04_is_this_relationship_doomed_hp.39560.38486.gif
    astro_w2gw_04_is_this_relationship_doomed_hp.39560.38486.gif
    50.9 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

IleneK

Premium Member
Hi, Summer.

As an aside, Moon does not appear void of course, as it will sextile Sun before it changes sign.

And I hope everyone will please forgive me for plagiarizing Rafaella's comment from a recent post, but it seems like all the horary relationship charts the last few day have had Mars and Venus as significators, as does this chart. Although the significators in this horary chart are reversed for the querant and quesited compared to those in Rafaella's comment, the reception, the lack of an aspect between them, and the current and ensuing other aspects are largely the same and to me do not bode well.

Here is what Rafaella wrote recently elsewhere:

Furthermore, no positive reception between Venus and Mars. But there is this applying square so perhaps you will struggle on with this relationship for now. But Venus/Mars aspect is not perfected, it is prohibited by Saturn, another party. Something or someone else interferes here. So there will be challenge in continuing with this relationship for the longterm. It doesn't really look too positive.

I just bet there is someone else out there that is better suited for you. Be patient and keep you eyes and heart open.

summer92

Hi, Summer.

As an aside, Moon does not appear void of course, as it will sextile Sun before it changes sign.

And I hope everyone will please forgive me for plagiarizing Rafaella's comment from a recent post, but it seems like all the horary relationship charts the last few day have had Mars and Venus as significators, as does this chart. Although the significators in this horary chart are reversed for the querant and quesited compared to those in Rafaella's comment, the reception, the lack of an aspect between them, and the current and ensuing other aspects are largely the same and to me do not bode well.

Here is what Rafaella wrote recently elsewhere:

I just bet there is someone else out there that is better suited for you. Be patient and keep you eyes and heart open.

Thank you so much Rafaella

He is honestly one of the nicest men I've met so far and has so much potential,and the only reason why this may not work out could be due to the fact that I'm impatient and wanting too much this early on.

This could be a huge test for me as I lack self control and patience and have been able to restrain myself in every way so that I wouldnt mess it up (Neptune and Uranus in 1st house natally)

IleneK

Premium Member
Thank you so much Rafaella

He is honestly one of the nicest men I've met so far and has so much potential,and the only reason why this may not work out could be due to the fact that I'm impatient and wanting too much this early on.

This could be a huge test for me as I lack self control and patience and have been able to restrain myself in every way so that I wouldnt mess it up (Neptune and Uranus in 1st house natally)

This is Ilene here, rather than Rafaella [sorry to have confused you!].

This may be an important test for you in patience and I do think it is worth it to meet the challenges and see what they produce.
Some very wonderful, long lasting relationships are born from all kinds of obstructions and challenges.

Very best to you!

summer92

This is Ilene here, rather than Rafaella [sorry to have confused you!].

This may be an important test for you in patience and I do think it is worth it to meet the challenges and see what they produce.
Some very wonderful, long lasting relationships are born from all kinds of obstructions and challenges.

Very best to you!

Incredibly sorry about that Ilene! My head's not been in the right place today!

Yes,I think I'll just let things flow naturally.It's been going on for 3 weeks which is why it's not long and very new and fresh.I've been trying to control my every move despite wanting to call and text him all the time.It's worked okay for 3 weeks so I hope it'll be fine.

Thank you so much for your advice.

If this does end tragically I'll get back on here,but I hope it lasts enough as I see so much potential here.

Not sure if this would be of any interest but in our synastry we have a Saturn and Uranus conj my ASC.I think this is where the discipline comes into play.

IleneK

Premium Member
I like what you are trying to do. And instead of trying to control, perhaps you can also factor in just a bit of quiet breathing for a minute or two of even less, when you are really feeling the impulse to contact him. After all, the impulse to call him really has little to do with him and is mostly about you and how you are feeling uneasy. When you kindly nurture and gently care for that uneasy feeling in you by yourself, often time it will calm and actually release. Until it comes back again. Luckily, you can quiet yourself and it again, too.

So best to you, Summer, continuing to learn how your mind and feelings work through small quiet breathing periods, all in service of a growing relationship with this young man.

rafaella

Hi Summer and Ilene,

Well it looks a bit more positive than the other chart, but still the receptions are not good. Mars in your 1st would show his interest, but its in different sign. Mars has lots of dignity by being in its own sign and angular, Venus has dignity too, accidental dignity. So its not completely hopeless. However, other planets get in the way - Mercury, Saturn. So maybe his ex is still around?

Moon is very weakened here being peregrine and in 8th. Venus is very into Sun (Sun rules him as a man), so this shows you have strong interest in him and ready for a relationship. But I don't think he is ready, Sun is strong but soon goes into Virgo where it enters falls of Venus. A man in love would have some positive reception towards Venus or Moon, but there is none. I do think he has interest in you, as he is in your 1st house, so he is willing to be there for you and see you, but I'm concerned whether he is really able to be there for you longterm.

Did you meet him at work? Trying to understand Venus/Jupiter aspect.

I'd say this relationship will be challenging to continue because you've got interference from other planets, indicating things getting in the way, a square and lack of reception. It could be that he is not ready for a full on relationship and you are very ready, you really want this... So you need to back off and give this time, let him get over the ex first. Take it more slowly :)

all the best!

summer92

Thanks Rafaella

As far as I know they're no longer in touch.THey were together for 2 years in which one year was LDR and now she lives in a different country/continent.I don't know if she's coming back,but I do know that they're not in touch with each other at all.I know it's early on for me to be hurt but she's in touch with his sister and vice versa.

Our work is similar however we didn't meet at work.I can tell you that I'll be having a very hectic schedule in 2 weeks and I don't know if it will help a new relationship.I start full time work :) Maybe that's the conjunction and my placement in 10th house?

He did mention moving cities next year in October,but there's again time left. I do have interest coming in from other people,but something about him makes me want to ditch others and stay with him only.

He have a very saturn heavy synastry.Venus Square Saturn,True Node/Sun conjunct Saturn (all are his saturn).Venus Sq True Node and just a lot of True Node and Saturn.

I've asked him about his ex and if he has recovered for which he has said 'I'm fine',but I can see how he really isn't.This could also be coincidental but I look a lot like his ex and we look like we could be sisters.

I have a feeling I'll be hurt by this and I may just be a rebound.He treats me very well in person and I know he's attracted but I have a feeling that I'll expect too much out of him,

Thank you Rafaella once again

Last edited:

rafaella

Ah yes Jupiter is the recent new position at work, definitely. I don't know much about synastry but Venus/Saturn square sounds like a more distant relationship - heavy Saturn which restricts Venus. A trine would have been better. But I'm no expert in natal astro... :) You're better off posting your synastry in the natal section and see what they say there.

Anyways, good luck with this! Let us know what happens.

summer92

Ah yes Jupiter is the recent new position at work, definitely. I don't know much about synastry but Venus/Saturn square sounds like a more distant relationship - heavy Saturn which restricts Venus. A trine would have been better. But I'm no expert in natal astro... :) You're better off posting your synastry in the natal section and see what they say there.

Anyways, good luck with this! Let us know what happens.

Thank you Rafaella

I might continue dating him and see where it goes.I can't put too much pressure on the poor guy,and I hope the square could perhaps indicate the difficulty in our communication or starting it off or something.I feel like I'm putting in too much effort in the beginning.

summer92

I've decided to end it.

I can't keep with the insecurity I've been feeling.We're supposed to go on another date,but I'm going to cancel it and ask him if we can be friends instead.

Thanks for the reading.I'm not sure if it's shown that I'll be scared of being hurt - but this is pretty much why I'm doing it.

IleneK

Premium Member
Dear Summer,

Based on what this chart suggests, I think you are wise to aspire for someone with whom you can feel genuinely at ease. This just may not be the right time for you right now.
Keep you eyes open and pay attention to how you feel.

Very best,

summer92

Dear Summer,

Based on what this chart suggests, I think you are wise to aspire for someone with whom you can feel genuinely at ease. This just may not be the right time for you right now.
Keep you eyes open and pay attention to how you feel.

Very best,

thank you Ilene :)

Yes that's what I would like.I may be being very immature and I don't really want to explain how I'm feeling and instead will let him know that there's no chemistry (when there's a lot of it - He'd know that I'm lying) and ask to be friends as he's a nice guy.Maybe somewhere along we could be something more but I'd like to give that time and see other people.

It could work but we'd have to see each other very casually but I can't do that.

summer92

UPDATE: We ended as friends.He still loves his ex he broke up with 8 months ago and she's with someone else now half way around the world.

He needs time.

I'm glad he was honest though and I'm keeping him around as a friend.

Excellent reading by everyone - thank you so much!

rafaella

Thanks for updating! I'm glad you can now move forward without all this emotional turmoil.

Can you update whether he contacted you or you contacted him in regards to your other contact chart. Just curious how the aspects played out there.

all the best! :)

summer92

Hi Rafaella

I contacted him,and he replied back after a long time.He said that the only reason he was hesitant to reply back was because he didn't want to lead me on as he's still not over his ex.she's with someone else half way around the world.

He asked me if it'd be okay if he contacted me once he was over her,but I can't deal with baggage or being second choice.I feel bad for him,and I do want to develop this into a friendship but like I said - he's one of the nicest men I've met and being around him might make me develop stronger feelings for him.

He felt that he was emotionally cheating as I was the first girl he's liked/opened up to after her and didn't want to disrespect me by not being ready for it.The poor man hasn't dated/kissed anyone since the break up.

If we meet again months later and I'm single,I may be open but his baggage scares me.

rafaella

Thanks for the update, Summer. I'd say 7-8 months is not a longtime at all for some people. He may need a year or two before he is ready. While others jump into a new relationship straight after ending a previous one.

He must have been very emotionally into her and quite hurt when it ended, so he needs time to heal. He sounds like a good guy to me. Too bad that you have to let him go...

Anyways, good luck with the new job! :)

summer92

I hope he's over her.I'm going to see other people,and if he's ready in February/March and is over her I might give it a try as long as I'm single.

that gut feeling was strong and I like him a lot :(