Should I let this go?

chillertwist

Hi

I guess there are a lot of people out there that have been in a relationship that shook them to their core and shaped their whole life. Well, mine was in April 1998 when my north node transited my north node. Me and my best friend started a secret affair and were inseperable. It lasted a year until we drifted apart and went to separate universities.

We remained friends, which wasn't enough for me and I became needy and jealous. She turned to drugs to numb her pain. She fell so deep into the whole drugs scene that I got worried something would happen to her and had to get her parents to intervene. She hasn't spoke to me since. It's been 13 years and I still think about her even now....it really was a life changing relationship for me.

Both of us are now happily married to men and have children. Although 13 years on, I still feel there are unresolved issues and think of her often and wonder if we will ever speak again. It's not a romantic reconciliation I want...but I lost my best friend back then and because the relationship was secret I had NOBODY to talk to. It was a dark time for me. I kind of feel, with the 8th house stellium I have in my chart, that she was a big karma lesson for me.

Sometimes I think about sending her a message on facebook just to say "hey, how you doing" but I always stop myself. Is it all best left? I don't have her exact birth time, I think it was late morning so I have plumped for midday. Here is the synastry and composite charts....is this just a bad relationship to forget once and for all, or is it worth trying to salvage something now we are both older and hopefully more mature?

Attachments

• mystery comp.jpg
    mystery comp.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 29
  • mystery syn.jpg
    mystery syn.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 22

rahu

Banned
hi chillertwist

the composite has the mars/venus conjunction square to uranus. uranus is often strong ion a same sex female relationship.
neptune is square to satrun so the hidden nature of the relationship is apparent.

jupiter is conjunct the north node.
this is usually extremely favorable as it shows similar ideas and world views. it tend to honesty and just behavior. this is probably why you acted to salvage her life. but it can also show the actions of a "tyrant", one who tries to rule others, so it may be this aspect is the facet she is reacting too.with this aspect i would advise to try to reconnect as your minds are truly innertwined.
but on the other hand the venus/mars conjunction square to uranus is extremely passionate and it is possible that subconsciously you want to reestablish a "hidden" relationship with her.
if this is the case, i would think that there would be havoc wreaked on your rspective families and children.
i would wait till after the new year, then try to reconnect.the transitting node was recently over the uranus/venus/mars pattern so i little more time to allow the latent passions tpo cool may be called for

rahu

Marinka

Looks like transiting Saturn has moved from your 12th house to the 1st. It is very common during this time (when the ascendant is being touched) to reflect on past relationships/major events and revisit them and this brings about a melancholy/sadness but, a reflective one. It is a way of clearing the decks before transiting Saturn continues the move through the 1st house.

In this instance, I consider the 12th as being the past and this is Saturn's way of moving past and beyond it and finally making the way into the 1st and continuing on the journey there.
That relationship was the past and maybe it has no place in your future.

rahu

Banned
of course the saturn movement can also be interpreted as bringing the relationship from it's "hidden" status into a new and open phase.
with the nodal axis so square the composite sun indecember, the favorable juiter/node conjunction maycome to the fore. this is an excellent aspect and as you have already helped "save" her, i would expect she would love to reestablish the friendship

rahu

chillertwist

Thank you Rahu and Marinka.

It sounds like if contact is going to be made then the next few months would be the right time. I'm going to think long and hard about this before I jump into it because a lot of time has passed. I'm hoping we are both older and wiser and a hell of a lot more mature now.

Despite the jupiter and node aspect, there are a lot of neptune and saturn issues in both the composite and the synastry which have been highlighted to me as bad. This makes me worry a little about making contact.

Rahu, I never knew that Mars/Venus square uranus can mean same sex relationship so thats very interesting. Is it just the square....or other aspects that also indicate this?

rahu

Banned
actually i have found that a strong uranus influence in a womans chart if often found in same sex female relationships. usually if a woMan has a strong uranus and is not gay, she will still have as manY women as men attracted to her. i think this is because a woman has to project her inner self to acknowledge her sexual identity.
whereas in a man's case i have found neptune to be emphacized which seems to indicate that a gay man has to shed the culturally dominant role to shows his inner self. of course it is a complicated issue and there are other astrological dynamics that must be included. so it is not cut and dried ,uranus and neptune.
but as i practiced astrology in san francisco for many years, i have looked at many gay charts and these trends stand out.

on one occasion, i looked at the chart of a woman in her late 20's with a child and no history of gay tendencies. but she did have a history of abusive relationships. she had uranus conjunct the moon and square to venus, which gave her a very attractive appearance. but i told her she would likley enter into a gay relationsjip in several months. she of course disavowed the possibility , but low and behold, she reported back several months later to tell me she indeed had a woman lover.

in another case i did the chart of an air force major, with a military personality. i was introduced to him as the boy friend of a previous client. but his chart had the mar/neptune influence along with several other indices . i tried to shy away from saying he was gay but they pressed me on certain obscure references i had made(she was a astrolger).
so i told him he had a gay chart. and it turned out he was in fact gay and readily verified my analysis. so it seems their relationship was platonic and not romantic as i had assumed .

again it is a complex subject and it is not simply a matter off uranus and neptune .

rahu

Last edited:

Marinka

I mentioned Saturn moving thru the 1st. While the exact time of the friend's birth is not known, this chart does seem to fit the situation and I'm reading it similar to an event chart. (I don't do this type of chart often but, when I have done them, they have accurate overtones.) I didn't mention in my previous reading that Saturn will making these angles over the next months ...

- squaring Venus at 16 Leo.. (ruler of 7th of relationships and 12th of secrets)
- squaring Mars at 20 Leo (ruler of 6th of duty, obligations)
- conjunct Uranus at 20 Scorpio (ruler of 4th, endings)
- Square Mercury at 21 Leo (ruler of 8th, regeneration)

It appears (from my interpretation) that you might decide to make contact around the Thanksgiving period (square Venus) but wait until just after the New Years to do it (square Mars). It appears that this might not go anywhere (or at least not where you would like) as the ruler of the 4th of endings is involved (conjunct Uranus) and the next angle after that is a square to mercury which rules the 8th indicating to me that this aspect of your life might be dead or altered.

Another astrologer might interpret this differently .. or the same ...

chillertwist

Rahu - Thank you for the clarification about the Uranus link to female sexuality. So you say that a "strong" Uranus would indicate this but how do you know if a planet it strong? I'm only learning at the moment so this is something I don't know about. Is a planet strong if it is aspecting many other planets/houses etc.... or is there another way to conclude planetary strength? Sorry to keep picking your brain!

Marinka - thank you for the list of events. I think this seals it for me that getting in touch may end in disaster. Even if we do rekindle a friendship, it sounds like it will probably go downhill fairly quickly. I suppose...with the saturn transit in the composite, there is just as much chance of her getting in touch with me as me her? Both of us would be reflecting at this time? Well..I think I will not take any action at the moment and see how I feel in the next couple of months.

Marinka

One other very interesting note, Mars was conjuncting the configuration of Mars/Uranus/Mercury at the end of September/beginning of October. This shows your action (Mars) posting information about your question on the web.

You may want to consider posting your own chart.

Marinka

There are two pretty obvious transits occurring in your chart --

- Pluto moved into 1st house November of 2011 with the third pass. When Pluto moves into a house, it brings conflicts/need to clean up and with this moving into your house of self - it looks like you need to clean up ... in this case ... your past relationship. Since Pluto is passing through your 1st house of self and not the 7th, it seems to me that any action it is initiating is for you and not for the relationship.

- Jupiter has moved into your house of relationships, the 7th which in this case, has brought up memories of past relationships. Usually in this house, Jupiter would expand opportunities for relationships and make current relationships better but, depends on the angles. This is also the house of your spouse, so there could be opportunities for the spouse to grow and this can be good or bad because the growth could be with or without you.

Pluto is still relatively young in passing through your first house so there are still likely to be major changes as it crawls along at the beginning. Jupiter as the ruler of the 12th moving through the 7th brings to mind that another interpretation of the 7th is public and with secrets (Jupiter ruler of 12th) moving through the public house, an interpretation could be that your secret relationship comes to light. Not sure how that would affect all involved but, probably something to think through.

One transit I did not mention is that Saturn is going to be passing on the MC as it moves into your 10th. Saturn pretty much stationed on your MC in February/March of this year already so that might give you clues as to where this is heading. While 10th is the natural house of Saturn and can feel quite at home there, this has to be tempered that it is also your standing in the community/life and when associated with Pluto in the 1st, and the ruler of 12th in the 7th - could be that secrets are brought out into open that impact your image. Again, there would be other interpretations but, when a major planet is passing over the 10th -- time to pay attention.

There is also the transiting Pluto trine the North Node and which I usually don't interpret unless it is a conjunction but, this could be karmic connection that is pulling you. I'm not married to this interpretation (in this case) and maybe if Rahu comes back, he can look at this as he does much more detailed interpretation with the nodes.

Last edited:

chillertwist

Marinka, thank you so much for looking at my natal in such detail. I really didn't expect that so it was a nice surprise.

In terms of Pluto entering 1st house in November 2011, I fell pregnant in December 2011 and had a baby girl in September 2012. I know Pluto is a planet of transformations, so I am not surprised the transit started just a few weeks before I conceived :smile:. Looks like Pluto is going to be lingering around my 1st house for a long time....so, like you say, there are going to be more changes to come.

In terms of Jupiter in the 7th. Me and my husband aren't haven't been as solid as we were since the baby was born, and the physical side of things is certainly lacking....which probably adds to me casting my mind back to the more satisfying experiences in that area that have been and gone. Anyway, things are starting to look up because we are talking things through more and I today spoke to him about where my mind is and how i've been thinking about what happened when I was 18. He was very supportive and wants to help me work through it, but under no circumstances does he want me making contact with her. He knew I had this experience but not too much detail, and now he knows a little bit more, so maybe this is how the 12th house comes into play and more of the secret coming to the surface. Maybe this can bring us closer....I would like to have sex with him again at some point!! lol.

Not sure how the 10th house/public image thing will come into play. Unless my family found out about the previous affair (which would embarrass me greatly).

I looked up Saturn transiting MC and it seems to be very career orientated? Well ive just gone back to work (i'm a tax advisor) and feeling a little out of my depth after being off for 13 months. Never really felt suited to it anyway so maybe changes are afoot.

Rahu I would love to know your view on the midpoints and whether you think there is a karma element to this. Marinka, thank you again, you have been inspiring :smile: