is it normal not to look like my rising sign?

anila31

My mars is in cancer in 3rd house. However, it forms a trine to pluto, but I don't think that people with mars-pluto aspects generlly look athletic.
My chart ruler Mercury is in the 6th house in Sagittarius and trines mars, but again, not all people with mars aspects to their chart ruler look atheltic in my opionion.
With athleic I mean borad shoulders and smaller hips and shorter neck. For my gemeni ascendant I think a have a sporty built and look like I could be into sports :lol:

But as mentioned by others it is also genetics and my dad was in competetive sports when he was younger and he looks athletic, too.

ElenaJ

This doesn't tell me very much, it doesn't seem to relate to my chart, or to me.
My actual ascendent is 7 leo.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-06-04 at 21.44.33.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-06-04 at 21.44.33.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 29

anila31

Well, a leo ascendant is quite different from a cancer conjunct saturn ascendant and if it doesn't seem to relate to you in any way it may not be important. I have found that for some natal charts I could relate the ascendant chart to the person and for some charts it seemed to far fetched...

I am curious if anyone else can relate to their ascendant chart?

My ascendant chart reflects some of my natal placements which may be why I can identify with it to an extent. However, I would not say that it represent me more than my natal chart - it might just add to it.

Last edited:

aquarius7000

Well, you helped me prove my point: look at the Asc but always where it is placed and (main) aspects. I actually wish you would post your chart which you can always remove or hide your birth details.
Mercury rules you chart, I take it your Asc and Merc is in Sag. That proves to me the sporty look. If I could see your chart, I could tell more. It is so important to look at the Asc, ruler placement, planets in the first house if any... thss as t is what does not make all Gemini (or any) Asc have the same appearance

My mars is in cancer in 3rd house. However, it forms a trine to pluto, but I don't think that people with mars-pluto aspects generlly look athletic.
My chart ruler Mercury is in the 6th house in Sagittarius and trines mars, but again, not all people with mars aspects to their chart ruler look atheltic in my opionion.
With athleic I mean borad shoulders and smaller hips and shorter neck. For my gemeni ascendant I think a have a sporty built and look like I could be into sports :lol:

But as mentioned by others it is also genetics and my dad was in competetive sports when he was younger and he looks athletic, too.

anila31

Yeah, I didn't think about Sagittarius but I guess that could already explain the athletic built.

Still it is intersting how it reflects in the ascendant persona chart. I will continue eyperimenting with it. Neverltheless, the natal chart will for sure always have priorty.

For me the persona chart and other alternative charts are a way of opening up new possibilites of looking at myself/others. I probably don't like to be too confinded to my natal placements even though with all the aspects and placements in sings/ houses and rulerships, of course, it could probably explain most of me.

In the end, the persona chart gave me a new idea and I am happy to see how it can also be found in the natal chart :smile:

Roks

hello
I'm a libra and my rising sign is libra but I don't look like a libra at all
is that normal?
like from what I've read libra rising people are supposed to be slender, tall, and have dimples but I'm not slender neither tall or have dimples???

I have noticed something in astrology. It's not your rising sign that determines your physique but your rising sign's planet's sign so for example if you have venus in cancer you will look like a cancer, not a libra

aquarius7000

I have noticed something in astrology. It's not your rising sign that determines your physique but your rising sign's planet's sign so for example if you have venus in cancer you will look like a cancer, not a libra
How would you determine the physique of someone who’s rising sign’s planet is in Aquarius

Zora

Account Closed
How would you determine the physique of someone who’s rising sign’s planet is in Aquarius

I would assume beyond conventional standard (aquarius) - either smaller than standard or taller than standard.

But I pers. think it is not only the rising- more the second house as well -as a physical body house of bodymetabolism - what the body takes into the cellsystem to build up and 3rd house what gets visible from to other people.

I have a zero degree cancer rising, 2nd house cancer, 3rd leo. Moon and sun and mercury in 11th house in taurus. Uranus in 2nd house. At the age of 11 - I already was 6"03 feet tall - always having a slender body - leo in 3rd.

aquarius7000

Is Uranus in an aspect to the Moon?
Since you say you are a zero degree Cancer rising, how sure are you about your time of birth?
I would assume beyond conventional standard (aquarius) - either smaller than standard or taller than standard.

But I pers. think it is not only the rising- more the second house as well -as a physical body house of bodymetabolism - what the body takes into the cellsystem to build up and 3rd house what gets visible from to other people.

I have a zero degree cancer rising, 2nd house cancer, 3rd leo. Moon and sun and mercury in 11th house in taurus. Uranus in 2nd house. At the age of 11 - I already was 6"03 feet tall - always having a slender body - leo in 3rd.

Haneen

i was having this conversation with my father and it turned out that I was actually born on 3:30 am which changes a lot...my rising isn't libra but Virgo i mean idk if i act like a virgo but in terms of looks like how google describes virgo rising i do look like one but i have a question does it change my chart completely ??

Attachments

• astro_2gw_haneen.56783.51551.jpg
    astro_2gw_haneen.56783.51551.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 21

Haneen

i'll post it again since i can't see the chart I think there's a problem with my internet

Attachments

• astro_2gw_haneen.56783.51551.jpg
    astro_2gw_haneen.56783.51551.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 18