Tattos

Abby83

Astrologically speaking, how do we explain the surge in body tattoos these days? Almost everyone has a tattoo nowadays. I always thought tattoos were ruled by Pluto. In Scorpio. Being in Capricorn Pluto is sextiling that Pluto in Scorpio generation. But I also thought Uranus in Aries could be triggering it? Any thoughts?

I have none yet Moon / Mars trine Uranus & Pluto in Scorpio.

A lot is social pressure, social circles too.

To some it is art, to some they want to look tough, some just want to paint a story on themselves.

Much more complex than the level you are on.

belabismo

This is an interesting thread. I thought too the overall popularity in tattoos and nontraditonal piercings was due to Pluto in Scorpio. I haven't noticed any big difference in tattoo prevalence in the last few years but I do know a lot of milennials have tattoos, a lot of my coworkers around my age and other people I know my age (I'm a milennial) do too. Maybe Uranus in Aries plays a part too. Myself, I have 5 ear piercings and just got my nose pierced. I've been flip flopping on getting a tattoo for a few years now but just recently have been more serious and had a consultation. My sun was conjunct transit Uranus a few months ago and will be when it goes direct again (it's at 29 degrees Aries). When they were closer I got my nose pierced somewhat on a whim, although I wanted to get that done for a few years now. That's just me though.

Neptune is in Pisces, maybe people are also being more artistic with their bodies? Neptune is trining milennials' Pluto in Scorpio too. Added to impulsive Uranus in Aries. Transit Neptune is also sextiling the Uranus Neptune in Cap conjunction around my birth time.

I still know a few people in my age bracket who would never get two ear piercings let alone a tattoo. I think it depends on the whole natal chart. That being said I think they're becoming the minority.

Abby83

Tattos are ruled by uranus I believe.

Well I was thinking Uranus in Aries. The craze did start during this phase. Interesting to see what happens when Uranus enters Taurus.

Its funny how the state I live in is known as the family state where ppl settle down, yet almost everyone has a large tattoo.

Abby83

I have none yet Moon / Mars trine Uranus & Pluto in Scorpio.

A lot is social pressure, social circles too.

To some it is art, to some they want to look tough, some just want to paint a story on themselves.

Much more complex than the level you are on.
The level I am on? Huh?

I agree with the rest of your comment.

Abby83

This is an interesting thread. I thought too the overall popularity in tattoos and nontraditonal piercings was due to Pluto in Scorpio. I haven't noticed any big difference in tattoo prevalence in the last few years but I do know a lot of milennials have tattoos, a lot of my coworkers around my age and other people I know my age (I'm a milennial) do too. Maybe Uranus in Aries plays a part too. Myself, I have 5 ear piercings and just got my nose pierced. I've been flip flopping on getting a tattoo for a few years now but just recently have been more serious and had a consultation. My sun was conjunct transit Uranus a few months ago and will be when it goes direct again (it's at 29 degrees Aries). When they were closer I got my nose pierced somewhat on a whim, although I wanted to get that done for a few years now. That's just me though.

Neptune is in Pisces, maybe people are also being more artistic with their bodies? Neptune is trining milennials' Pluto in Scorpio too. Added to impulsive Uranus in Aries. Transit Neptune is also sextiling the Uranus Neptune in Cap conjunction around my birth time.

I still know a few people in my age bracket who would never get two ear piercings let alone a tattoo. I think it depends on the whole natal chart. That being said I think they're becoming the minority.
Well I would normally say that the Virgo types of ppl (not star sign) wouldn't get a tattoo. They like to be virgin pure clean. That wud be me and my HB lol. And it wouldn't suit us at all. However my mum and dad are quite uranian and plutonian and they hate tattoos.

Abby83

I also see piercings differently. I got my belly button pierced in 2005. It was popular back then and I find it super sexy in that area.

Abby83

I must admit that when everyone in this world has s tattoo I will love being the pure virgin minority. I love that idea of being the angel amongst all the rebels :).

AppLeo

I would get tattoos and piercings, but there's these things called jobs :annoyed:

I also would think that Uranus may have something to do with it...

belabismo

Well I would normally say that the Virgo types of ppl (not star sign) wouldn't get a tattoo. They like to be virgin pure clean. That wud be me and my HB lol. And it wouldn't suit us at all. However my mum and dad are quite uranian and plutonian and they hate tattoos.

Totally. A friend of mine and two of my cousins have a bit of Virgo emphasis in their charts and they're not the type either. They all have Venus in Virgo too. I suppose that would influence their aesthetic preferences.