Sun/Asc in totally different elements from most of natal chart! Anyone else?

banaili

MY NATAL CHART HERE:
http://i.imgur.com/0q9rzeO.png

My Sun is in Gemini (10 degrees) and my Ascendant is in Leo (28 degrees, so I suppose bordering on Virgo). I also have a Mars that is 0 degrees Aries (again, on the cusp), and a North Node that is 9 degrees Aquarius. Other than that, everything else is made up mainly of Earth and Water signs.

Does anyone else have something like this in their natal chart? How does it make you feel? This might just be my impression, but this is how I think it feels for me:

I feel like what people see (and certainly that creative side of me) is the Gemini/Leo. But what I value in life, as well as the way I want to be, is more like the Earth and Water types. The problem is that I can't seem to fit in or "keep up" with them. That said, I also don't really fit in entirely with the Air and Fire types either, so it feels a bit lonely.

I also have noticed that I tend to make friends with Water or Earth people more commonly. (This could also be because my mother is a Scorpio and my father is a Virgo, and my friends from elementary school and onward were usually either Water or Earth signs.)

So how about you guys? What does it feel like for you? What do you think it means about us as people?

sibylline

Are you sure your TOB is accurate? Just wondering because your ASC is near the end of Leo and the time could be rounded.

Also, how do you see the Sun/ruler having no major aspects playing into this dilemma?

To address the topic, I know a few people with this sort of conflict and I consider it one of the many internal conflicts that could arise in the natal chart. A similar situation occurs when the ASC or Sun is square, opposite or inconjunct major factors in the chart. These people can be pretty confusing to themselves and others. There are many conflicting interests in their head, so they are liable to appear they need or want to be one way, then be unhappy with it, or say they need or want something one day, then say something else the next day.

My bf is like you: one of the Big Three in fire (Aries) but the chart is predominantly earth and water. He loves peace and harmony but the Aries side of him always strikes out aggressively. He very much values a settled life and rational behavior but acts impulsively and irrationally at times. Like you he doesn't fit in with firey types but he also can get on the nerves of more watery and earthy types. Good thing I'm all of the above. :happy:

banaili

Are you sure your TOB is accurate? Just wondering because your ASC is near the end of Leo and the time could be rounded.

Also, how do you see the Sun/ruler having no major aspects playing into this dilemma?

To address the topic, I know a few people with this sort of conflict and I consider it one of the many internal conflicts that could arise in the natal chart. A similar situation occurs when the ASC or Sun is square, opposite or inconjunct major factors in the chart. These people can be pretty confusing to themselves and others. There are many conflicting interests in their head, so they are liable to appear they need or want to be one way, then be unhappy with it, or say they need or want something one day, then say something else the next day.

My bf is like you: one of the Big Three in fire (Aries) but the chart is predominantly earth and water. He loves peace and harmony but the Aries side of him always strikes out aggressively. He very much values a settled life and rational behavior but acts impulsively and irrationally at times. Like you he doesn't fit in with firey types but he also can get on the nerves of more watery and earthy types. Good thing I'm all of the above. :happy:

Hi there, sibylline! Thanks a bunch for sharing your thoughts and your story! :smile: Indeed, my time of birth is correct. My mother always used to make a big deal about celebrating my birthday at the precise minute that it hit, haha. However, I have always wondered how correct it is, because of another reason. I am actually a twin, and my sister and I were born by C-section. I've always wondered if a C-section birth means we can't know the real birth time. In any case, the time I've given here is the time I came out, regardless. :tongue: I do sometimes wonder if I have Virgo Ascendant traits... I'm not sure how that's supposed to feel, though.

That's a very good point about the Sun and Ascendant lacking major aspects... I hadn't thought of it before! I suppose that adds to the feeling of not really being a Gemini Sun, Leo Ascendant, or perhaps the sense that I cannot benefit from these signs whenever they are experiencing good luck due to the transits. Does that make sense? General horoscopes for either usually tend to fall flat, so it's hard to prepare for the future!

And it's so true... In my own case, there are many things I value that might be considered Earth or Water sign values. And yet actually practicing these things can be incredibly difficult. It's awful, haha. :unsure:

Your poor boyfriend! His situation sounds incredibly difficult, too! :sad: I can imagine that as an Aries, it's really difficult to reconcile that part of himself with the Earth and Water parts. When does he tend to strike out? When he's angry? Or any time he's feeling some strong emotion? And has he been able to find that more rational, peaceful side and live it harmoniously? I have to say, I'm glad to hear that there are other people with this type of chart! It would be cool to also hear if these people have found a way to create harmony between their Sun signs or Ascendants that so totally differ from the rest of their charts!

sibylline

[...]I am actually a twin, and my sister and I were born by C-section. I've always wondered if a C-section birth means we can't know the real birth time. In any case, the time I've given here is the time I came out, regardless. :tongue: I do sometimes wonder if I have Virgo Ascendant traits... I'm not sure how that's supposed to feel, though.

Okay, good to know the time is accurate.

I don't believe C-section matters. Or at least it hasn't, in my experience.

Which of you is older? Identical or fraternal? What does she think of her chart? :happy:

That's a very good point about the Sun and Ascendant lacking major aspects... I hadn't thought of it before! I suppose that adds to the feeling of not really being a Gemini Sun, Leo Ascendant, or perhaps the sense that I cannot benefit from these signs whenever they are experiencing good luck due to the transits. Does that make sense? General horoscopes for either usually tend to fall flat, so it's hard to prepare for the future!

It makes sense. Are you reading for Gemini or Leo Sun? Have you tried transits?

I can imagine that as an Aries, it's really difficult to reconcile that part of himself with the Earth and Water parts. When does he tend to strike out? When he's angry? Or any time he's feeling some strong emotion? And has he been able to find that more rational, peaceful side and live it harmoniously? I have to say, I'm glad to hear that there are other people with this type of chart! It would be cool to also hear if these people have found a way to create harmony between their Sun signs or Ascendants that so totally differ from the rest of their charts!

His Sun is in Taurus and he defines all that is the earthy Venus sign so yes, it can be hard to reconcile. He strikes out when he is angry, which can be when he is hurt, feeling disrespected, etc. He is always nice, calm, and even conciliatory at first. As soon as the person responds and is not as kind and calm as he had been, he grabs them by the scruff and shakes. People are always shocked and awed because it seems to come from nowhere and is such a contrast from his everyday self. He was more peaceful when he meditated, and working out can either mellow him out or amp him up more.

You are not alone at all; I know several people with similar charts. There is also a guy with Cancer Rising and a chart full of air and fire; Moon in Aquarius poorly aspected. People find him "slick" because he seems quite empathetic, nurturing, and settled until he gets more comfy, then he is all over the place. He thinks they misunderstand him but indeed what he is a mixed bag of treats.

Last edited: