Relocation for vocational reasons

pwadm

Staff member
Hi

I have a friend who wishes to relocate abroad so that she might meet career opportunities.

Her chart is quite problematic, with many squares (two T-squares), all planets are afflicted except for Venus (also the natal 10th house ruler, in the 4th house, in Taurus) and Pluto (in Libra).

What would you consider?

The most dignified planet in the chart (here Venus)? The Sun?

Attachments

• chart.gif
    chart.gif
    96.1 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
Radu: I'd say Venus is the strongest planet, being in Taurus and in H4 and also not part of the T-squares. For relocation I'd look for a place that emphasised that Venus placement (astrocartography).
The trine of Venus to mars and the North node might help.With Venus ruling h10, this could help with work/career.With the ninth house being ruled by Mercury (which is in Jupiter's sign, pisces) and Mercury being close to the sun, but not combust (having trouble reading the degrees on this chart-hope I have read this correctly), overseas travel is a distinct possibility.
I see a grand trine between venus/mars/Neptune.
Because there's a complex T-Square situation, of course the timing for any relocations would be critical--Nothing retrograde and hopefully Venus in dignity-Mars too if Possible.
Hope this helps to get the discussion started!
Cheers
lilly

pwadm

Staff member
Thank you Lilly for your feedback.

Mercury is however combust (at almost 7 degrees from the Sun), also retrograde and in exile. As it also has difficult aspects and is also for the 9th house ruler, this makes relocations difficult. Even more as Saturn is located in the 9th house.
Last time she tried it lasted only 3 months.

So, I guess that the question is also whether relocating abroad is a good idea in the first place...

lillyjgc

Hi Radu-Yes I see the combust Mercury there. I would suggest in a case like this that the querent actually secures a job first, before moving. Using election astrology a positive time could be chosen for this. I have a friend with an equally troubled chart who has relocated overseas quite successfully, but only after a few attempts.In the end he secured the job FIRST.He ended up living in Turkey for many years, very happily.So it can be done, its just that a lot of extra care is needed with particular attention to positive timing.
Another useful exercise is to draw up her Natal chart using different locations and choose the place that gives her the best placements. If I set up my own chart as if I was born in the USA, for example, it changes the house placements significantly.
However, I agree that for some people relocation overseas just isnt going to go well, based on the natal.
Cheers
lilly

EJ53

Banned
...I guess that the question is also whether relocating abroad is a good idea in the first place...

Good question, Radu......The duplicated signs on the 12th/1st (Sag) and 6th/7th (Gemini) houses suggest that your friend may need to revise an "ingrained but inappropriate" attitude about work......or, if possible, relocate to a place where that attitude will be an asset.

[With Saggittarius/Gemini/Neptune involved, I wonder if she maybe has an "idealistic" view of work/serving that makes it hard for her to be "happy" in any job for long......which, of course, can never be resolved by relocating.]

lillyjgc

Yes Ej. The problem with relocating is that we actually take ourselves with us.:biggrin:

But there are arguments for and against...if a *fresh start* is necessary for reasons like, can't find a job, can't meet potential partners,can't get a good house to live in etc,then relocation can effectively address that if it is planned well. (virgo moon here,:wink:).I've seen a few people's lives turn around very much for the better by relocation, and also some who literally took their dirty linen with them and repeated history in a new setting.So a lot depends on the situation...Radu knows more about the person concerned so I'm confident will have insights into that (not that I'm seeking that information-it could be confidential).

Finding the right place is probably the most important thing. I instinctively know there are some places I could not live because of my personal beliefs, and other places I feel very drawn to.This can be past life influences also.Astrocartography is helpful with this and years ago I had my own astrocartography chart done...not surprisingly, the places I had felt positive about were favourable and the ones I felt negative about had some pretty heavy lines going on there..So to some extent we can use astrology to help us make wiser choices.
In a recent case,a guy was deported and sent back to scotland. He died within 2 days of arriving, of illnesses he had held at bay while living in Australia..I was wondering what his relocation chart would look like and whether he would have died if he had not been relocated..the Press certainly don't seem to think so...
I'd like to learn more about astrocartography.Anyone got any good links?
Cheers,
Lilly

pwadm

Staff member
Indeed, good points everyone...

Some more background: she is seeking relocation for family reasons, and looks for those places in France where there are career opportunities.

France also includes overseas territories in the Antilles (Martinique, Guadeloupe), Indian Ocean (Mayotte), or the Pacific Ocean - French Polynesia (Tahiti, others).

For instance, Venus culminates in Papeete, Tahiti... which seems to represent hope of good career opportunities, but relocating so far away seems hazardous...

EJ53

Banned
Yes Ej. The problem with relocating is that we actually take ourselves with us.......Finding the right place is probably the most important thing.

Yes, Lilly......For example, if Radu's friend relocated to Penzance (in Cornwall, England) her Saturn would be on the MC; her Placidus interceptions disappear; the Sun is "at home"/conjunct IC in 3rd house and Pluto falls in the 10th house of career......So, maybe the Cornish people hold similar views to her about work.

pwadm

Staff member
Yes, Lilly......For example, if Radu's friend relocated to Penzance (in Cornwall, England) her Saturn would be on the MC; her Placidus interceptions disappear; the Sun is "at home"/conjunct IC in 3rd house and Pluto falls in the 10th house of career......So, maybe the Cornish people hold similar views to her about work.

Hi EJ

How recommended do you think it is to place the Saturn-Sun opposition on the MC-IC axis? for anyone looking for a career the Sun on the IC would rather favor the life at home, while Saturn on the MC would rather restrict career opportunities to the already achieved competencies.

On the other hand, nothing is by chance, and you highlight an interesting idea: that certain aspects of our natal charts are in tune with the characteristics of people in certain places on Earth. This is why going there is just a way to emphasize them. So, maybe for her the Saturn-Sun opposition finds an echo in the uptight manners of the British (living in Cornwall that is...)

EJ53

Banned
...How recommended do you think it is to place the Saturn-Sun opposition on the MC-IC axis?

Hi Radu,

I'd see Saturn on MC as indicating someone who works hard/diligently for career success......and Sun on IC in 3rd house as a "good communicator".

...an interesting idea: that certain aspects of our natal charts are in tune with the characteristics of people in certain places on Earth.

Yes......Relocation astrology may be simply an indicator of how our characteristics might "fit" in different cultures around the world.

...maybe for her the Saturn-Sun opposition finds an echo in the uptight manners of the British (living in Cornwall that is...)

Yes......I guess Saturn/Sun aspects are indeed "typically British" characteristics.

aquarius7000

Radu,

If career is at least one of the main reasons for relocating, I would avoid placing Sat anywhere close to the MC.

In her natal chart, she has both the planets connected with deep-seated, hidden fears (Plu and Sat) in the 9th of overseas, so I really wonder, if she would be able to overcome her fears and make the leap. (Also, Mer, the 9th house ruler is very weak.) On the other hand though, she is done with her Sat return, so a big load is off her, and she might be more willing to make a move (esp, as tr-Ura has also been over her Sun, preparing her for changes), but still I don't like that Sat going over her 9th. Plu, having begun its journey over her 1st house, it is a time for self-transformation (even forced, or which might feel thrusted upon oneself).

:)AQ7

pwadm

Staff member
Very keen observations, thank you.

I think you are right on both issues:
- Saturn isn't the giver of opportunities, and now she needs one, long hard work isn't good enough for her right now - so she should stay away from Saturn lines
- Pluto's transit through the 1st house is an important issue for her right now, so this might be incorporated in the relocated chart

Looking at the map below, it leaves us the South-Eastern corner of France.

attachment.php

Attachments

• acg.gif
    acg.gif
    47.3 KB · Views: 161

C0rnholio

Well, with the Sun opposite Saturn the first half of life won't be easy regardless of the location. So she can just stay where she is and keep working on it. Staying in one place that is not treating her well is hard to do with a Sagittarian Moon though. She wants to run away.

Moving within Romania the aspects and the house positions won't change much, but being on the East coast by the Black Sea would make the harmonious aspects of Venus, Mars/Jupiter with the Ascendant stronger. Venus will be conj the IC and Mars/Jupiter will sextile the MC.

Moving within Europe it does not seem like will make her much better off than staying in Romania. In fact in Spain, western France, and the UK her Saturn will be right on the MC. Saturn on the MC is awesome to have natally, but I think it should not be sought as a relocation aspect because the person hasn't been "working" on it from birth.

The eastern part of the USA could be an option. A Libra Ascendant is nice, ruled by Venus, the MC in early Cancer trining the Sun and sextiling the Venus and the Mars/Jupiter. Sun and Mercury in the 6th house of work. Venus in the 7th or 8th house.

She would hate the the middle and the US though (Saturn on the Ascendant or in 1st, and Mars/Jupiter in 12th). But San Francisco might be interesting with Mars/Jupiter on the Ascendant and Sun/Mercury in the 7th. Probably nothing special for a career though.

Alaska could be a really good place, LOL! Venus on the MC and Mars/Jupiter on the Ascendant.

I would avoid India because of Mars on the DC.

Rahu, I see you have done this already, but others who consider relocation (or even travel) should go to Astro Click Travel, check out these places: http://www.astro.com/cgi/aclch.cgi?btyp=acm
and then go to the chart section and build relocation charts for them.

Last edited:

aquarius7000

Hi again,

If this is of some help, here are some basic points that I keep in mind when studying relocated charts:

- look for Jupiter lines - moving towards Jupiter lines, Jupiter-Asc aspects, etc can be very useful. Moving under the influence of a beneficiary always helps. Same goes for Ven and Sun, in general, too

- on the other hand, try to keep away from Plu and Sat lines (tough masters) as far as possible.
As Jim Lewis says: "Generally, location under any Saturn line is not desirable, except where qualities of perseverance and purpose are so lacking in the character that some hardships are needed to direct the life. Here, you learn the hard way what is lacking in your makeup, and endure periods of want, privation, penury, enforced idleness, hunger, delay, disappointment, impoverishment and loneliness."

- in general and as far as possible, it often helps to avoid aspects (esp conjuntion/opp) between the malefics (the outer planets, Sat and Mars) and the angles (esp Asc and MC), as angularity activates the qualities of those planets. For instance, if a person has a problem (per natal chart) with change and instability, and the relocated chart puts Ura on his Asc, he is bound to feel lost and unsettled

- the natal Moon (home, inner security and emotional well-being) should be given a lot of consideration when studying relocated charts

- keeping the aim for relocation clearly in mind and accordingly focusing on the right planet also helps. For instance, if one should be moving with 'love and relationship' issues in mind, the focus would then be on Venus. Hence, a place which would make Venus angular might help to activate that area of life, bring more opportunites or more easily achieve that purpose. In addition, also look at how the ruler and the relevant house in the natal would be aspected

- if in the native's natal chart, say, there is a lot of focus on the water element, then a location that matches up or comes closest (like Egypt or Scotland) could be helpful in settling down more easily and 'feeling more at home', so you might study these countries first

- studying the natal 9th house and the ruler thereof also helps. In general, one should really study the natal chart thoroughly first in order to understand the basic make-up and disposition of the native, so as to find a 'better match'

- also, make it a point to have a look at the transits to the natal chart

- trivial as this may sound, but maintaining a realitsitc attitude helps tremendously. Relocation will not make you rich and certainly not solve your health problems. However, with 'better' aspects to the MC, you might do/earn better at your next job in the new country, which then would lead to more overall internal satisfaction. So, it would help to not expect relocation to make your problems disappear (the foundation-natal chart goes along everywhere), but instead perhaps exacerbate them through providing an improvement in general conditions and surroundings (hence aspects to angles and the Moon are very important), which, in turn would enable the native to better respond to certain situations plus perform better on the whole.

:)AQ7

Last edited:

Culpeper

Premium Member
This chart does have difficulties. The diurnal planets are completely out of sect. The Moon, Mars and Venus are in sect and the most important planets, but Jupiter has at least four mutual receptions. I have found MR. to be very helpful. Also Mars is in hayz. Lot of Fortune is received by Mars.

In the progressed biwheel, progressed Venus has a square aspect to natal Jupiter in the same degree. Progressed Mars has gone direct and is sextile the natal MC. The progressed Moon is square the natal Lot of Fortune. Natal Sun has progressed into Aries, its exaltation. This is about the best progressed planetary alignments that I can see for either earlier or later in life.

This would be the best general time for the native to try to relocate. An electional chart should be prepared for the specific departure time. Progressions move slowly so the window of opportunity(if it is one) will be there for a while yet.