Knowing when to act?

Prominent

So I had an experience today where I found myself suddenly becoming stressed and with a desire to get things figured out and dealt with. In hindsight, I realized that much of the stress wasn't needed and that I had worried more than necessary.
I had originally came to conclusions quickly and these conclusions set into motion a hurried state of mind where I began to worry about if I was going to get something done or if it would be done correctly, etc.
My interpretation is that I created the sense of a confrontation between me and the task presented to me from the start and this resulted in added pressure that resulted in stress and anxiety.
Eventually I realized I couldn't really do anything now, and that I would need to slow things down and involve others so that I can get a clearer idea on how to complete the task.
What I take away from this experience, is that I should aim for conversations before confrontations (I need to involve more people into the problem, if it requires them, before making any actions towards it).
If I exclude the conversation step, then I only talk to myself and this creates a host of problems that snowball into what-ifs that weigh me down and add anxiety.
I think part of the problem is that I relied on information from the internet rather than talking directly with people suited to give concise answers, so I initially was panicking about things that didn't relate to my situation because I hadn't completely understood what was involved.
Anyways.. I wrote this to help me cool down a bit.
If you have advice or any similar realization, feel free to share.