Are you a loner?

wan

Hello. Do you consider yourself to be a loner? If yes, what in your chart could point to this? I think lonerism (a word I just made up lol) is a very interesting topic and I would like to find out more what astrological placements could lead to it.

Personally, I am definitely a loner. I have only one friend in real life and we are not even that close. I socialize at work however I much prefer working alone. I go to places alone, do things alone, dine out alone (and I don't care if restaurant staff think I am a loser). I just much prefer my own company and I make no apologies about it.

In my chart, my Saturn conjuncts my descendant almost exactly. This combined with my Pisces rising, make me a loner, I think. Of course, there are probably other factors. So let's share our thoughts.

Last edited:

conspiracy theorist

Essentially. Not out of any great sensitivity to people's moods, misanthropy or finding people a drain; based on other chart factors I actually have decent facility with people and can actually be energized in more public and populated settings.

My "lonerism" is grounded in a great need for independence of movement, thought, space and action and fundamental self-sufficiency/inner detachment that can subsist on little emotional entanglement.

Contributing factors: all planets solely on the left side of the chart, Aquarius Moon (square Pluto which I think is important regarding this trait), bundle chart, 5 planet stellium in fire, Ruler of 1st house on the ascendant and final dispositor, Stationary direct Saturn (emphasis on Saturnine characteristics), Mars conj. ascendant, planets in the 12th house, etc

Zeuses

Hello. Do you consider yourself to be a loner? If yes, what in your chart could point to this? I think lonerism (a word I just made up lol) is a very interesting topic and I would like to find out more what astrological placements could lead to it.

Personally, I am definitely a loner. I have only one friend in real life and we are not even that close. I socialize at work however I much prefer working alone. I go to places alone, do things alone, dine out alone (and I don't care if restaurant staff think I am a loser). I just much prefer my own company and I make no apologies about it.

In my chart, my Saturn conjuncts my descendant almost exactly. This combined with my Pisces rising, make me a loner, I think. Of course, there are probably other factors. So let's share our thoughts.

Lol why would you think the restaurant staff think you are a loser lol. Many people travel alone or move to new places where they know no one or like yourself are loners. Perhaps anyone who judges someone for eating alone is the loser but I doubt many do judge these days, at least for eating alone.

wan

Thanks to all for participating in my thread.

Post chart

Err, ok. See attached.

My "lonerism" is grounded in a great need for independence of movement, thought, space and action and fundamental self-sufficiency/inner detachment that can subsist on little emotional entanglement.

This is fascinating stuff. I think it really reflects your Aquarius moon. Also it sounds like you have done a lot of introspection and self-analysis!

Also, just wondering, CT. If your ascendant is Sag, and your Moon is in Aquarius, does this mean your Moon is in your 3rd house? You don't have to tell me, I know how much you value privacy (must be that Moon in Aqua of yours!) but I am just curious.

Contributing factors: all planets solely on the left side of the chart,
This is what I have read, too. But for me, all of my planets are on the right side of the chart and yet I am a loner as well. Strange.

I wasn't always like this though. I remember when I was younger I wanted companionship quite badly. Nowadays I don't have the same strong desire but I still do derive quite a bit of pleasure talking to people. It's just that if I have a choice....it's solitude all the way for me.

Lol why would you think the restaurant staff think you are a loser lol. Many people travel alone or move to new places where they know no one or like yourself are loners. Perhaps anyone who judges someone for eating alone is the loser but I doubt many do judge these days, at least for eating alone.

Thanks for these words of affirmation.

Attachments

• chart.gif
    chart.gif
    14.3 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

conspiracy theorist

@wan

I'd say that I try to apply the microscope as much to myself as I do any other subject/object that I'm considering. And I'm also not afraid to be vicious about what tendencies needs to be rooted out, and what behaviours/traits can be cultivated and nurtured. I have enough proportion so that this does not become a self-destructive exercise in character assassination.

About the right hemisphere emphasis - would you describe yourself as a leader? Are you reactive/adaptive to your environment or do you set the tone as a mover and shaker?

I'm of the view that angular planets can really dominate the life pattern of an individual, and with Saturn so exceedingly angular, I think this is telling. Most this far in this thread have emphasized a heavy Saturnine component to their placements. Saturn being the age-old hermit, contemplative and loner. For instance, if Saturn is the almuten of the figure then the native will, "Retire from society, investigate hidden things and suffer adversity." Super charming.

I also think that you have a heavily phlegmatic component to your temperament, and your Scorpio Moon might be more influential since your chart is a night chart.

By Placidus, my Aquarius Moon is actually in the 2nd house, Ruler of the 8th. I'm currently in a field that could be described as a 2nd/8th house sector, and personal financial planning & budgeting are easy for me. Of course by whole sign that Aqua Moon is 3rd house.

CapAquaPis

A life of an Aquarius person, whether it's their sun sign or their moon, doesn't have a huge circle of friends or a social life to keep them in company most of their lives. I have a double Aquarius (Sun/Moon conjunction) placement and my quality of friendships aren't generally close or in constant mode of contact and communication. The traditional ruler planet Saturn explains what makes a lot of Aquarians loners, the modern version of astrology assigns Uranus to explain a zodiac personality who tends to not have a community kind of social network.

wan

Hello CT:

I am absolutely NOT a leader. I love taking orders from people at work. I love being told what to do. I also do not have any desire to lord it over others. I attribute these traits to my 6th house emphasis.

I am also not a "mover and shaker". I am very reactionary. I just react and adapt, which might not be so surprising given that I have a mutable emphasis in my chart.

Thirdteenth

Nice thread :) It surely is appreciated �� I’m learning so much ☺️ I would like to contribute a piece of information though. If that is not a problem. I have observed how Saturn in the first house, in conjunction to the ascendant in my mother’s own chart actually has her more so urging to be apart of a community, rather than being alone per say. She can handle her own when she is by herself. My mother has all the innate abilities of an independent and self-sufficient woman but loner tendencies is something I do not find in her behavior or activities. I must add though, her Saturn is in aries though but also mars in conjunction to her ascendant as well.

Moreover, my elder sister (which I do adore ��) has Saturn in Capricorn, in a conjunction to her ascendant (I believe. I’ll have to check but it is in her first house) and I find her being more open to being in a community environment rather than being alone as well. That community being very Saturn in nature as well. To mention, my mother and elder sister can get along very well because of that common dominator.

I just found it to be intriguing that it manifest differently for everyone when it comes to these Saturn placements and aspects. Again, thank you for creating this thread ☺️��

Harmelia

Nice thread :) It surely is appreciated �� I’m learning so much ☺️ I would like to contribute a piece of information though. If that is not a problem. I have observed how Saturn in the first house, in conjunction to the ascendant in my mother’s own chart actually has her more so urging to be apart of a community, rather than being alone per say. She can handle her own when she is by herself. My mother has all the innate abilities of an independent and self-sufficient woman but loner tendencies is something I do not find in her behavior or activities. I must add though, her Saturn is in aries though but also mars in conjunction to her ascendant as well.

Moreover, my elder sister (which I do adore ��) has Saturn in Capricorn, in a conjunction to her ascendant (I believe. I’ll have to check but it is in her first house) and I find her being more open to being in a community environment rather than being alone as well. That community being very Saturn in nature as well. To mention, my mother and elder sister can get along very well because of that common dominator.

I just found it to be intriguing that it manifest differently for everyone when it comes to these Saturn placements and aspects. Again, thank you for creating this thread ☺️��

Yes, I also think it's an interesting thread. Thanks for reinvigorating it. I'm a very inward person with Aries Sun in 8th and Sag Moon in 4th. I have Saturn conjunct South Node in Virgo in the 1st house. I have excellent social skills with North Node conjunct Jupiter in the 7th - but I do tend to prefer being alone to being social. I also have an Aries Mars and Mercury along with my Aries Aun though - so I'm independent in THAT way. An Aries can definitely enjoy being alone and working independently.

I think Saturn in the first house, unless there's something like Mars or Sun also energizing it, tends to make a person less active after youthful years are past. I find I sit more than I move - prefer being studious and focusing inward to doing outward things. I've noticed this in other people too with Saturn in the first house. Do your mother and sister tend to sit more than are physically active?

I think as always, it's a combination of all the planets and how we use these energies that play into the variety we see in the meaning of our placements.

Last edited:

conspiracy theorist

@wan

Your description of yourself sounds like what one would stereotypically expect with a western hemisphere emphasis - more reactive/responsive to the imperative of the environment and other people. I don't personally see a great contradiction in your more follower oriented nature and lonerism - actually you sound like the quintessential phlegmatic which tends toward passivity and being unambitious.

Re: Saturn, I think house placement might glean some more insight since an emphasized Saturn does not automatically result in a "desire to retire from society". The social houses a la modern astrology are the triad of the 3rd, 7th and 11th (although not a proponent of the astro alphabet - this is the "Airy" triangle). I know that CAP and myself have Saturn in 3rd, you and SunSaturn78 have it in the 7th. It seems the other poster has deleted their post but it would have been interesting to know where their Saturn was actually located.

@13 - If your sister is born in the early 1990s, does she have her Cancer Jupiter in the 7th house?

Chrysalis

Although your Saturn is close to the Dsc i'd still see it in the 6th. Saturn in the 6th would have a desire to be alone rather than with others, this placement could also make you feel like others misunderstand you, hence you just wanting to be alone to do your own thing.

Saturn being in a degree of losses and endings, and Saturn ruling your 11th would mean that friendships for you will be lost /or you will have lost, due to your preference to be alone.

Moon/Mars midpoint is conjunct the Saturn/node midpoint, this is another trigger that makes you prefer to be in isolation, this could have been brought on from childhood abandonment from the mother. Having a scorpio moon im thinking she maybe passed away when you was younger, was you then brought up by Grandparents? If this is not the case then its some kind of mother abandonment.

This midpoint trigger can also make you have a preference for older people's company rather than people of your own age, as people your own age range you have difficulty cooperating on a level with. Thats another reason why im thinking you've been brought up by grandparents.

Last edited:

wan

Thanks for the analysis, Chrys.

Now let's turn the conversation about you. Do you consider yourself a loner? Would like to get to know you better (in a platonic way, of course). You seem a cool person.

Chrysalis

Thanks for the analysis, Chrys.

Now let's turn the conversation about you. Do you consider yourself a loner? Would like to get to know you better (in a platonic way, of course). You seem a cool person.

I don't consider myself a loner, no. Although i do prefer to spend time alone mainly (apart from a select one or two), but i still dont feel like i appertain to a "loner". I'll quite happily go for a coffee alone, infact i prefer to go alone as i don't like having random, tedious, unecessary gabble with someone, where im most likely thinking of all excuses possible to get away from them whist their rambling on.

So happy and content to be alone, doing my own thing, yes, a loner no. I'm surrounded by billions of people on this planet, in my eyes im not alone. I think you can only percieve yourself as a loner if you actually do feel alone when your alone, but i don't feel alone, im more at peace.

Sun conjunct Saturn and Moon square Saturn.

Thirdteenth

I think Saturn in the first house, unless there's something like Mars or Sun also energizing it, tends to make a person less active after youthful years are past. I find I sit more than I move - prefer being studious and focusing inward to doing outward things. I've noticed this in other people too with Saturn in the first house. Do your mother and sister tend to sit more than are physically active?

I think as always, it's a combination of all the planets and how we use these energies that play into the variety we see in the meaning of our placements.

Hello Harmelia 😊 That is fascinating that Saturn in the first house can manifest into less activity later in life for natives as well. Thank you for the information and sharing your testimony as a Saturn in the first house native. However, it is a no to your question. In the case of my elder sister, she has always been active but she was never a person to indulge in reckless activity of course. She has always been moderate and cautious of her actions. That never changed when she got older. The responsibilities for her has actually increased (which she handles really well, even during this unfortunate pandemic) and those responsibilities has made her even more active (outwardly) than before but an active participant in her children’s life. Again, I would like to say her activity is tied to a very traditional community and that community in turn is active with her own internal life. That is where the socially open and awareness to the external world comes into play for her. Mars is exalted in her first with a Sagittarius rising so, yes that could be having a shift on how Saturn (in Capricorn at that) is manifesting in her birth chart (She is in her 30s right now, so that could change possibly☺️ but given her Saturn is in Capricorn I wouldn’t expect for it to change much).

As for my mother, it is similar to my elder sister’s activeness but I do find that when she happens to go into a hermit (not entirely) mode that her focus is towards her beliefs and doctrines. Studying and reading a lot on it. Also that she has grown to be more cautious than beforehand. Besides that, it is still the same. My mother does have an Aries rising though and her mars is in conjunction to the first house, so again that can be having an affect on how Saturn is manifesting in her birth chart.

Again thank you for sharing and asking that question. I am learning so much☺️