Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Ukpoohbear

One of the difficulties as you say is that the querent can become conditioned by the reading, and it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.
Obviously, we have free will, so we are never obligated to follow the reply given to us by a chart. What it should give us is insight, and perhaps knowing what the probable outcome would be of our actions, we can take "counter action" or prepare ourselves. They say "forewarned is fore-armed".
Then again, sometimes a chart is not valid and shouldn't be read. And of course some questions that should not be considered.
Also, in every chart there is a positive path that can be followed, and that has to be pointed out as well.
Don't give it up, maybe just take a step back for the moment.

Yeah I think it is more a reflection of myself than horary, the way I will use it is probably evolving into something more practical. I used horary and tarot a lot for insights into the future, like with people to find out where they are at but I just don’t think I want to know anymore lol

I won’t give it up though. I’m just thinking about how I use it maybe. Although I wouldn’t be surprised if maybe I just decided it’s better not to know at all. I don’t know.

david starling

I have way better success with horary for MYSELF when it is something really, really important, not one in a series of things that together would be important. But I can answer the latter questions for others to some extent, and they can sometimes do so for me. There are rules for horary which kind of help tell the difference.
There’s still the OMG WHAT is going to happen to me in 7 units panic.
Cards just lie to your face. Unless there are rules I missed.

This is a rather uncomfortable topic: Was your astrological election-prediction correct?

I'm bringing it up here, because of what you said about a question being about "something really, really important".

Looks like a Horary prediction would have worked for me, because it wasn't just a particular astrological technique that was the issue, it involved my entire astrological World-view, Aquarian Age and the Grand Conjunction in Aquarius included.

This meant that for me, personally, it had to be a new President. Not Biden necessarily, but not a continuation of the old, Saturn in Capricorn Administration.

I also saw the Solar Eclipse on the exact day the Electoral College met as obviating against a second term for the incumbent.

But, eclipses are somewhat unpredictable in their effects, and I could have just happened to guess it right. If I'd gotten it wrong, I probably would have blamed it on the "way the ball bounced" due to the eclipse. So, from that point of view, it just took a lucky bounce from my perspective.

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
But, eclipses are somewhat unpredictable in their effects, and I could have just happened to guess it right. If I'd gotten it wrong, I probably would have blamed it on the "way the ball bounced" due to the eclipse. So, from that point of view, it just took a lucky bounce from my perspective.

Maybe the ball could've bounced either way as far as the stars were concerned. It was human actions that made it bounce the way it did.

There are many people who were involved in the election process and could have made different decisions. If enough of them had made different choices, we might have had different results.

The stars impel, not compel, and what they impel us to can be steered.

david starling

Maybe the ball could've bounced either way as far as the stars were concerned. It was human actions that made it bounce the way it did.

There are many people who were involved in the election process and could have made different decisions. If enough of them had made different choices, we might have had different results.

The stars impel, not compel, and what they impel us to can be steered.

My attitude is, that, "wild card" Eclipse on that particular day aside, an astrological prediction should have covered all of the factors involving the actual Election itself. I see an astrological prediction as an attempt at a type of prophecy.

That would have included the illegal foreign interference in the 2016 Election as well.

I read that the Evangelicals who prophesied wrong are being labeled "false prophets" by other Evangelicals! Of, course, they couldn't be expected to have considered the eclipse to be a "December Surprise", that could have misled them in their absolute certainty.

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
My attitude is, that, "wild card" Eclipse on that particular day aside, an astrological prediction should have covered all of the factors involving the actual Election itself. I see an astrological prediction as an attempt a prophecy.

Sure, but astrological predictions are open ended. The same transits to your natal chart can spell a new relationship or a breakup, for instance. Or a big win or a big loss.

conspiracy theorist

Dave, I notice you have less of an interest in astrological or more abstract conversations recently. I'm actually in a similar boat these days. In terms of the astrology, you think it has to do with Saturn's sojourn in Aquarius, effecting yours and my moon placement?

david starling

Dave, I notice you have less of an interest in astrological or more abstract conversations recently. I'm actually in a similar boat these days. In terms of the astrology, you think it has to do with Saturn's sojourn in Aquarius, effecting yours and my moon placement?

I've have less interest in explaining my astrological precepts.

I'm close to leaving political arguments behind, now that the Election psyco-drama is winding down.

I'll know more about the Saturn transit to my Natal Moon when it gets within 3 to 5 degrees. How close is yours?

One thing I haven't mentioned is the powerful emotional impact I felt during the transiting Sun/Pluto conjunction in Cap. Wow! I had to check to see where it was coming from, since I hadn't been expecting it.

conspiracy theorist

Mines gonna be later than yours, since it's near the end of Aqua. IIRC, yours is in the middle degrees of the sign. Although I subscribe to the view that planets ingressing in a sign affects the planets located therein regardless of orb, of course with the intensity of effect increasing the closer the orbs get.

The conjunction mirrors mine in the previous sign, but I didn't feel much in the way of high emotional impact. A cancelled meetup that made me suspicious, which I suspect would tick people's boxes of a Plutonian event.

What kind of energy did the conjunction unearth in you?

david starling

Mines gonna be later than yours, since it's near the end of Aqua. IIRC, yours is in the middle degrees of the sign. Although I subscribe to the view that planets ingressing in a sign affects the planets located therein regardless of orb, of course with the intensity of effect increasing the closer the orbs get.

The conjunction mirrors mine in the previous sign, but I didn't feel much in the way of high emotional impact. A cancelled meetup that made me suspicious, which I suspect would tick people's boxes of a Plutonian event.

What kind of energy did the conjunction unearth in you?

Manic-Depression and chaotic dreaming. It started a day before, and wore off a day after.

In 24 hours, the Sun will conj Saturn. I'll be checking that effect for the next 48 hours. I'm expecting something regarding a need to exert extra willpower, rather than trusting to luck.

I'm talking about the transiting conjunctions themselves, but I'm sure that having Natal Pluto in Leo explains my extreme reaction to a transiting Sun/Pluto meeting.

Last edited:

conspiracy theorist

Yeah, that's definitely a very strong emotional reaction. It was temporary, right? I think that was also the day you said you'd take a rain check from the forum until the inauguration.

Still not a fan of Saturn? To my ears an extra exertion of willpower is good, but maybe I underrate Mars' effect on my personality.

Sun/Pluto is consistent for you? I remember two consecutives years starting in 2011, I stayed awake beyond 36 hours during the exact day of the Sun/Pluto conjunction. I felt simultaneously husked out and energized. It was like being the tip of a scorching arrow.

david starling

Yeah, that's definitely a very strong emotional reaction. It was temporary, right? I think that was also the day you said you'd take a rain check from the forum until the inauguration.

Still not a fan of Saturn? To my ears an extra exertion of willpower is good, but maybe I underrate Mars' effect on my personality.

Sun/Pluto is consistent for you? I remember two consecutives years starting in 2011, I stayed awake beyond 36 hours during the exact day of the Sun/Pluto conjunction. I felt simultaneously husked out and energized. It was like being the tip of a scorching arrow.

I also have Saturn in Leo, although inconjunct Pluto.

I've always relied on Saturn as a temporary source of extra willpower for emergency use only.

What Sign is your Natal Pluto?

david starling

The extreme beginning of Sagittarius. The final ingress of Pluto into the sign occured within a week of my birthday.

Well, the constellational image of Sagittarius has the Archer pointing its arrow at Antares, the "heart" of the constellational image of Scorpio, which most Western astrologers believe is ruled by Pluto.

Last edited:

conspiracy theorist

Yeah, as well as a focus on fixed stars as primary markers of astrological information. Leomoon uses a lot of it, and I've also seen less than 3 Astrologers online who focus solely the constellation & fixed star format. It's rich in imagery and allegory so I see the draw, but there's not much in the way of easily accessible information on the branch.

david starling

Yeah, as well as a focus on fixed stars as primary markers of astrological information. Leomoon uses a lot of it, and I've also seen less than 3 Astrologers online who focus solely the constellation & fixed star format. It's rich in imagery and allegory so I see the draw, but there's not much in the way of easily accessible information on the branch.

The transiting stars have Precessional, tropical positions, so sidereal isn't the only way to locate them.

They also have their own unique meanings, which in most cases can be used independently from the constellations they configure.

Last edited: