What vocations would suit me?

Zonark

Any ideas?

I have an interest in politics and criminal justice, writing, but also occultism and creative arts. I've been drawing since before I was speaking full sentences but I've lost my passion for making art and have become absorbed in world events. I've never been one to brown-nose though and I don't think I could play the arsekissing game of politics. I garden and study herbal medicine as a hobby and am quite good at it. I'm very much my Capricorn ascendant. Serious, stern, respect for law and order yet wholly opposed to laws I consider unjust. I was a conspiracy theorist for a while but have gravitated away from that as the paranoia and anxiety began to make me feel powerless.

I don't want a job, I want a vocation. What would suit me?

Last edited:

Zuri

According to your house rulerships and planetary positions, these are the likeliest career options for you:

Counseling / Psychology Career (3 indicators)
: Your Mercury (thoughts & communications) lies in the 8th House / House of Reincarnation, while your Sun (ego) lies in the 7th House / House of Partnerships. You are thus sensitive to others' emotions in your social relationships, which would make you a good counselor.

In addition, most of your planets lie in the Western Hemisphere (right of the natal chart, to the right of the MC-IC axis). This means that your impulse is to put others' interests ahead of your own.

Your Mars (action) lies in the emotional-security-oriented 4th House / House of Home & Family. You may draw from your own childhood issues to help others deal with their issues.

Altruistic / Helping Career (2 indicators): 2nd House / House of Value cusp ruler (Aquarius=Uranus) lies in the 12th House / House of Self-Undoing, which includes large public institutions and compassion for the needy. You are likely to earn your income from helping society in a significant way in your career.

Your Neptune (dreaminess) is located in the 12th House / House of Self-Undoing. Thus, you are very idealistic and wish to serve society in some manner.

Financial Career (2 indicators): 5th House / House of Pleasure cusp ruler (Gemini=Mercury) lies in the 8th House / House of Reincarnation, which also includes other people's money. The 5th House also rules creativity, so you may apply your creative talents in managing other people's resources.

6th House / House of Health cusp ruler (also Gemini=Mercury, because you have intercepted signs in your chart) lies in the 8th House / House of Reincarnation, which also includes other people's money. The 6th House also rules the work environment and is the house of public service, so your work may involve other people's resources in some way.

Health-Related Career: 6th House / House of Health cusp ruler (also Gemini=Mercury, because you have intercepted signs in your chart) lies in the 8th House / House of Reincarnation, which also includes regeneration. The 6th House also rules the work environment and is the house of public service, so your work may involve healing others in some way.

Teaching / Higher Education-Related Career: 9th House / House of Philosophy cusp ruler (Libra=Venus) lies in the 7th House / House of Partnerships. The 9th House also rules higher education, so you may wish to impart your knowledge to others.

Political Career: 10th House (Midheaven) / House of Social Status cusp ruler (Scorpio=Pluto) also lies in the 10th House, which rules both the career and politics/government.

Humanitarian / Social Change Career: Your Part of Fortune lies in the 11th House / House of Friendships, which includes organizations and social causes. You are thus likeliest to have the most fortune when you transcend your individual identity by working with others on some societal goal.

Last edited:

Zuri

Applying astrologer Noel Tyl's vocational profiling approach to nail down your life's work, based on aspects to your Midheaven/MC (career cusp):

Your Midheaven is in Scorpio (investigation, intensity), through the ruling planet of Pluto. Your Pluto is positioned in Scorpio (more investigation, intensity) in the 10th House / House of Social Status, which rules both the career and government / politics.

Pluto, your Midheaven's ruling planet, itself is conjunct your Midheaven. You are likely to be a change-agent of some sort, and be in a position of authority in your career.

Your Venus (affection) is square your Midheaven. Your personal life and career life may experience some significant conflict. In your natal chart, Venus rules both the 4th House / House of Home & Family (via Taurus) and the 9th House / House of Philosophy (via Libra), which brings emotional security and philosophy into the career mix.

Your Jupiter (expansion) is square your Midheaven, so your career will be in flux. Because you have intercepted signs in your chart, Jupiter (which normally rules only 1 house) rules both your 11th House / House of Friendships and 12th House / House of Self-Undoing (via Sagittarius). This brings humanitarianism / social change and altruism through a large public institution into the career mix.

Your Saturn (ambition) is quintile your Midheaven, so you have the ability to work well with authority figures. Saturn rules your 1st House / House of Self (via Capricorn), which brings your self-identity and impression upon others into the career mix.

Your Uranus (rebellion) is sextile your Midheaven, which often means political work. However, this placement enables you to work well with authority figures. In your chart, Uranus rules the 2nd House / House of Value (via Aquarius).

Your Neptune (dreaminess) is sextile your Midheaven, which often means artistic work. It also enables you to work well with authority figures, because you can be in tune with their emotions. However, Neptune rules no house in your natal chart (because your Pisces is intercepted in the 3rd House). Thus, we eliminate this one from the career mix.

Your True Node (life's destiny) is square your Midheaven, which means that your self-interest and others' interests related to your career will bump heads at times.

Your Part of Fortune (luck) is semi-sextile your Midheaven, so you may acquire some public notoriety for your career.

Vocational Profile: Based on aspects to your Midheaven (career cusp), your life's work will: involve you being in a position of authority, bring emotional security to you, involve philosophical ideas in some manner, involve humanitarian / social change and altruism, have you make a significant impression upon others, make a decent income by working well with authority figures, bring you some public notoriety, and be channeled through the political arena and/or a large public institution.

Political activist? Political staffer handling constituent concerns, as a Chief of Staff? Head of a humanitarian organization or some large non-profit charity?

Last edited:

Zonark

Mercury 21 Virgo in 8th house is most powerfully harmonic aspected planet, sign, house.
Mercury sextile Moon is strongest harmonious aspect.
The Moon 20 degrees Cancer is in its own sign, is final dispositor, the Moon is part of 7th house stellium. North node opposes sun/moon midpoint Venus 4 degrees Leo (fire) and sextiles Part of fortune Sagittarius (fire). Moon is quindecile North node.
Saturn conjuncts Ascendant and Neptune and opposes Moon and is trine Mercury and Mars and sextile Pluto.

I think of the following vocations.

An official inspection function or a commercial entrepreneurial function, maybe something with animals, the environment?

Entrepreneur of tropical aquarium fish farm / dealer. Zoologist. Animal control officer. Animal cop.

Inspector / tax officer, environmental inspector, inspector for food safety and hygiene, public order and safety inspector.

Fire prevention officer. Fire safety inspector.

Rescue team employee.

Those seem like interesting professions, I've always liked the idea of being a paramedic or rescue worker of some sort. Being a safety inspector sounds interesting but I think I would miss a lot of hazards. Seems like both you and Zuri are suggesting something to do with environmentalism and nonprofit or commercial work. I've always been a very sincere environmentalist and I'd get a lot of satisfaction knowing I helped make some organization to preserve and protect the natural world, or just doing some small part to ensure either the natural or social environment is safe.

Good suggestions from the both of you, very helpful analysis, thank you and blessings :smile:

Claire19

I see that psychology and counselling would be apt. Drug alcohol rehab and working with families. Connections with hospitals and the healing modalities and as you mention paramedic that is also an option for sure. It all depends on your qualifications of course and I see the ability to study to gain the higher education that you would need.

On the everyday mundane level of work you could work in life insurance, tax matters, estate matters,
and dealing with corporate monies etc but that is a lower calling if anything.

Last edited: