What does 2011 bring you?

Inside Out Orange

What are your major transits or progressions coming up this year? Any thoughts on what they might bring or just what you hope for!

Inside Out Orange

Couple of noticeably large transits ...
1) Pluto trine mercury ... peaking in late April ...

2) Saturn tracking back in Libra to be conjunct Uranus, square MH, oppose Chiron ... April to August

3) Neptune has a few more transits to make in 2011, it seems to have finished with my Leo stellium but it will be squaring itself in April through August. So combined with Saturn's work I guess I need to get down to some serious work and end all my dreaming!

4) Jupiter makes some nice trine aspects in April and then crosses my ascendent in May. It stays within 10 degrees of the ascendent until March 2012 due to retrograde action and it'll cross the ascendent again two more times in Dec 2011/Jan2012. In truth I've never felt that Jupiter did much for me in its transits so I'm not sure this will bring much although it should.

5) Progression wise I have p-Mercury conjunct my n-Pluto in late March.

So overall another busy year with more change and uncertainty as to how it'll play out but it can't feel any worse than 2010 and I don't feel too apprehensive about the transits. Saturn has always been my friend, Jupiter should be nice, Pluto transits are by trine :smile:

MTTY05

4) Jupiter makes some nice trine aspects in April and then crosses my ascendent in May. It stays within 10 degrees of the ascendent until March 2012 due to retrograde action and it'll cross the ascendent again two more times in Dec 2011/Jan2012. In truth I've never felt that Jupiter did much for me in its transits so I'm not sure this will bring much although it should.
Well I had a Jupiter conjunct Ascendant transit in October 2008, and I found it to be quite mind-expanding, and it really changed the way I look at things. It was kind of a perspective shift in a way. Here's hoping that Jupiter does something for you this time.

MTTY05

Boy am I glad this year is over. 2011 HAS to be better.

1. There will be a solar eclipse in my 1st, just 1 degree away from my Ascendant. I don't recall there ever being any eclipse this close to any natal point of mine, so I'll see what happens over time

1. tr Saturn began conjuncting my natal moon, and squaring my Ascendant in 11/2010. Not a happy influence at all, but I almost can't really tell if my melancholy is the effect of a transit, or just me being me...I think I felt this way before.

3. tr Pluto trine natal Sun, Venus, & Mars has been happening since early 2009 and will continue through 2011, nothing new there.

4. tr Jupiter conjunct natal Jupiter will begin around May. I have a feeling that I'm really going to have to make something happen with this transit. My natal Jupiter is in the anarectic degree of Aries, so I could see big benefits if I do this right. Or it could just be wasted if I sit around and do nothing.

5. This summer, my progressed moon will conjunct my natal Sun/Venus/Mars in Virgo. I've really never paid much attention to progressions, so I'm not sure how this could play out.

I guess it wasn't 2010 that sucked, it was really me.

Inside Out Orange

Boy am I glad this year is over. 2011 HAS to be better.

I guess it wasn't 2010 that sucked, it was really me.

That seems to be a common theme for most people I meet at the moment. I can't believe it's purely down to the doom&gloom mongering that the media put out there a couple of years ago, so it must just be the grand cross kicking in.

We get another shot of that in the middle of the year with Pluto at 6Cap, Saturn at 10Lib, Uranus at 4Ari, Sun completing the cross from early Cancer (New moon on 1Jul11) :( I'm fortunate only to have one planet in a cardinal sign (Uranus at 11Lib) so the grand cross hasn't been too painful for me, but obviously it affects a good many other people).

4. tr Jupiter conjunct natal Jupiter will begin around May. I have a feeling that I'm really going to have to make something happen with this transit. My natal Jupiter is in the anarectic degree of Aries, so I could see big benefits if I do this right. Or it could just be wasted if I sit around and do nothing.

Ah good reminder. 2011 should start with a bang for me as the Cappy solar eclipse on Jan 4th is conjunct my MH (square Uranus/Chiron).

- tr-Jupiter & Uranus are conjunct in the skies at 27Pis - for me these will be making a trine to nat-Jupiter and opposition to nat-Pluto very soon after, as well as inconjunct to my nat-Sun and then to nat-Neptune when they enter Aries.

- tr-Nep & Chiron are 1 degree circa 27Aqu.

- tr-Venus is in late Scorpio squaring Nep/Chiron and trining Jup/Uranus. For me, the venus transit squares my Leo stellium and conjuncts my natal Jupiter in my 7th house.

It's quite a defined configuration in the skies and, in my mind, seems to signal a finality to these conjunctions that were in place throughout 2010.

07.Re

Happy New Year IOO and MTTY :)

Thanks IOO for starting this thread. Its given me the opportunity to study my transits for 2011:

January - April 2011: Tr Jupiter opposing Asc, Mars, Sun, Moon, Uranus

June / July 2011: Tr Jupiter trine Jupiter and Venus

April - September 2011: Tr Saturn conjunct Sun-Moon-Uranus and ending with a Saturn trine Saturn transit

April - Dec 2011: Uranus opposing Asc, Mars, Pluto and trining Neptune, squaring Jupiter and MC

Inside Out Orange

We get another shot of that in the middle of the year with Pluto at 6Cap, Saturn at 10Lib, Uranus at 4Ari, Sun completing the cross from early Cancer (New moon on 1Jul11) :( I'm fortunate only to have one planet in a cardinal sign (Uranus at 11Lib) so the grand cross hasn't been too painful for me, but obviously it affects a good many other people).

007's comment about Jupiter has led me to notice that it's in trine aspect to Pluto for a good chunk of the year. Initially they make a square aspect in Feb/Mar with Jupiter moving through the early degrees of Aries.

Come June, Jupiter moves into Taurus where it closes in on the trine aspect to Pluto at 6Capricorn - right around the time of the grand cross - and then moves on to 10Tau while Pluto retrogrades back to 5Cap.

Their motions then change at end of Aug/start of Sep and they meet again in the 5th degree of earth signs in late October. The final trine meeting between pluto and jupiter occurs in March 2012 at the 9th degree.

As an aside, this sets up a grand trine in earth for anyone with planets in early Virgo.
- Babies born in late August will have a grand trine in earth with sun/moon/venus in Virgo, Jupiter in Tau and Pluto in Cappy.
- babies born in September will have a grand trine involving mercury instead.
- Babies born in late Nov will have a grand trine involving mars and possibly the moon, but they'll have the sun squaring it from sag and chiron opposing it from early pisces.
- babies born in march 2012 will have a grand trine that involves jupiter/venus/blackmoon at 9Tau, pluto at 9Cap, retr-Mars at 9Vir, (squared by the moon/north node at 9Sag and Chiron at 6Pis).

Interesting to see how that jupiter/pluto trine plays out. With the world economic climate it would suggest to me an increase in legislation intended to make it easier for businesses.

MTTY05

Interesting to see how that jupiter/pluto trine plays out. With the world economic climate it would suggest to me an increase in legislation intended to make it easier for businesses.

Didn't that grand cross hit around the same time of year in 2010 also...around the middle of the year? If I'm not mistaken, the U.S. economy hit a little bump in the road in mid-2010 with GDP growth declining to around 1.5%, after stronger growth earlier in the year. I think GDP growth was back above 2.something% by the 4th quarter though.

I wonder what if we'll have the same scenario play out with the economy again in mid-2011 when the grand cross kicks in again. Although we're supposedly going to have normal growth again for the first time in a few years according to economic forecasts.

ethertwist

Current:

-Saturn square my natal Venus at 13 Cancer (12th house)
-Saturn conjunct my natal Pluto at 16 Libra (3rd house)
(the above two have been quite challenging and noticeable for me)

Upcoming:

-Uranus trine my natal Asc at 3 Leo: I'm the most intrigued and curious about how this might manifest. Rob Hand talks about transient relationships and potentially exciting new contacts, which I could use about now.
-Lots of activity with Jupiter as it breezes through Aries making a major aspect to nearly every planet in my chart and conjuncting my MC at 24 Aries before it leaves. Once in Taurus and in my 10th, it will square my 3 Leo Asc and conjunct my Moon at 8 Taurus for an extended period of time (including Rx periods) along with trining my natal Saturn at 10 Virgo and my North Node at 9 Virgo (both 2nd house)
-Saturn square my Sun at 24 Cancer (12th house) and oppose my MC at 24 Aries at the same time (yikes!)
-Pluto is approaching an exact trine to my natal Moon (although it won't perfect until next year)
-Progressed Moon conjunct natal Venus: I'm hoping this will invole romance in some capacity
-Progressed Asc will go from Leo to Virgo: I'm really curious how noticeable this change might be for me. Many of my progressed planets are also currently in the late degrees of Leo, so over the coming years I'm looking at lots of progressed Virgo planets, which I'm not sure how I should feel about it because it's not exactly a sign that signals "fun!"

Last edited:
Saturn return time!

I've got Saturn hitting Saturn, which is the first in a stellium: Saturn/Jupiter/Mercury/Pluto/Sun. Been unemployed (with no unemployment) for a few months. I've applied for 1,000s of jobs, literally I cannot find anything. Thinking about going back to school since I can't find anything else. Right now Thai Yoga/Massage and Acupuncture/Oriental Medicine are where I'm leaning. All these planets are in 7th/early 8th. I've got Moon in Cancer (5th) squaring all this.

Also: I have a T-square activated that's been a real bugger- Natal Tau Chiron, Leo Mars, Sco Uranus being hit by transiting Chiron/Neptune in Aqu. My 2nd/6th/9th/12th are being affected here, with the transiting planets in the 12th. Just can't wait for this to be over. Wondering if I go back to school for health/healing profession I will "solve" or "satisfy" this transit.

A big lesson I think is admitting some vulnerability and asking for help. I was really self-reliant growing up (had to be unfortunately) and this has gotten a little out of hand. Another one is not being afraid or feeling undeserving of pursuing a career where I might *actually* make some money (I've been a musician primarily, also a lot of office work, temp gigs, modeling, etc)