Table of the Years of Life -

leomoon

Upon reading this article by Italian Astrologer Margherita Fiorello, , I'd like to solicit some help as practical examples in trying out this method. Has anyone tried it and become successful in repeating the table as an exercise?

https://heavenastrolabe.wordpress.c...-almutens-and-more-in-a-renaissance-geniture/

To be specific, I would need someone to take me step by step in a practical way i.e. "counterclockwise counting from the ASC?" to begin to understand better, about the planets and their allotment in a life. I say this because I am a rather "slower" learner, being a Capricorn Sun-Mer-Mars- stellium ...once learned, I'll take off with it. :sideways:

A very interesting point is the calculation of chronocrators. The unknown astrologer does not use in fact the well known firdaria, but the variant mentioned by Firmicus Maternus in the second book chapter 27:
We shall briefly show how much life span is allotted. The Sun receives 19 months, the Moon 25 months, Saturn 30 months, Jupiter 12 months, Mars 15 months, Venus 8 months, Mercury 20 months.
What this distribution of time means we shall show in the books on forecasting by the stars, also what one star portends when it takes over time from another. All things, good or bad, which happen to us, we connect with this calculation of time. The end of life will be found in this way and the character of the entire nativity, and everything which the order of the planets portends.

We find the year with a very easy calculation; for it always begins from the ascendant, and the first year will be the one in which the ascendant is located, the second in the second sign, the third in the third, and thus for the others in order. Some obtain this same result in a diurnal chart from the Sun, at night from the Moon. And this is also possible. (( Julius Firmicus Maternus, Ancient Astrology: Theory and Practice = Matheseos Libri VIII (Park Ridge N.J.: Noyes Press, 1975). ))
FIRMICUS MATERNUS
As we see months length is the same of the lesser years of the planets we saw above. The order is from the Sun in the day or the Moon in the night- planets as usually follow their hairesis and then per ordinem immediate positi in schemate natalicio, ie following the planetary order of the chart
She then posted a modern chart - for this man who lived to age 61:
He has a diurnal chart, born 3 hours past noon 10min. LMT (see modern chart)

The mathematics of the timing is:

Sun- 1 year 7 months i.e. 19months

Saturn 2.5 years i.e. 30 months

Jupiter - 1 year or 12 months
Venus - 8 months
Mercury- 20 months i.e. 1 year 8 months
Mars - 15 months or 1 yr. 3 mos.
Moon- 25 months or 2 years 1 mo.
This is a diurnal chart so we should start from the Sun which takes 19 months, ie 1 year and 7 months.
Thanks in advance for any who wish to help me understand better and walk me through it: * I tried twice but didn't get 61 years, so I must be doing something incorrectly. :sideways:

Opal

Premium Member
Upon reading this article by Italian Astrologer Margherita Fiorello, , I'd like to solicit some help as practical examples in trying out this method. Has anyone tried it and become successful in repeating the table as an exercise?

https://heavenastrolabe.wordpress.c...-almutens-and-more-in-a-renaissance-geniture/

To be specific, I would need someone to take me step by step in a practical way i.e. "counterclockwise counting from the ASC?" to begin to understand better, about the planets and their allotment in a life. I say this because I am a rather "slower" learner, being a Capricorn Sun-Mer-Mars- stellium ...once learned, I'll take off with it. :sideways:

We shall briefly show how much life span is allotted. The Sun receives 19 months, the Moon 25 months, Saturn 30 months, Jupiter 12 months, Mars 15 months, Venus 8 months, Mercury 20 months.
What this distribution of time means we shall show in the books on forecasting by the stars, also what one star portends when it takes over time from another. All things, good or bad, which happen to us, we connect with this calculation of time. The end of life will be found in this way and the character of the entire nativity, and everything which the order of the planets portends.

We find the year with a very easy calculation; for it always begins from the ascendant, and the first year will be the one in which the ascendant is located, the second in the second sign, the third in the third, and thus for the others in order. Some obtain this same result in a diurnal chart from the Sun, at night from the Moon. And this is also possible. (( Julius Firmicus Maternus, Ancient Astrology: Theory and Practice = Matheseos Libri VIII (Park Ridge N.J.: Noyes Press, 1975). ))
FIRMICUS MATERNUS
She then posted a modern chart - for this man who lived to age 61:
He has a diurnal chart, born 3 hours past noon 10min. LMT (see modern chart)

The mathematics of the timing is:

Sun- 1 year 7 months i.e. 19months

Saturn 2.5 years i.e. 30 months

Jupiter - 1 year or 12 months
Venus - 8 months
Mercury- 20 months i.e. 1 year 8 months
Mars - 15 months or 1 yr. 3 mos.
Moon- 25 months or 2 years 1 mo.
Thanks in advance for any who wish to help me understand better and walk me through it: * I tried twice but didn't get 61 years, so I must be doing something incorrectly. :sideways:

The link isn’t showing on my phone, I will see if it works on the computer later. I have never heard of her. Let you know later.

Rawiri

It's not your fault.

The article refers to a few different methods and the author themselves in the comments notes that she's uncertain where the 61 years came from - but it was likely a [primary] direction (which would be referring to one of the first methods mentioned in the article involving Hyleg, not the one you are attempting to calculate).

Besides that, the full method that you're attempting to calculate (which gives the table) is not given in the excerpt. Only part of it.

You start from the ruling luminary (Sun for day, when Sun is above the horizon of chart and Moon for night, when Sun is below the horizon).

You then count in zodiacal order, counter-clockwise to get the correct ordering of the planets for that particular chart. Thus in the chart provided we have Sun as it is a day chart, then Saturn, Jupiter, Moon, Mars, Mercury and finally Venus.

The part missed out is each of these planets is given 10 years and 9 months.
Then you calculate the sub-portion or allotted months, which is what you were doing, correctly.

The table gives planet | years | months | judgement

So we can slot your calculations in (but in correct order for the chart) and come to:

Sun.......| 1 | 7 |
Saturn...| 2 | 6 |
Jupiter...| 1 | 0 |
Moon.....| 2 | 1 |
Mars......| 1 | 3 |
Mercury.| 1 | 8 |
Venus....| 0 | 8 |
............| 10 | 9 | - this shows the first 10 years and 9 months is completed and we move onto the next planets larger period which is Saturn as he is the next planet in the zodiac after the Sun.

The same numbers thus all repeat starting from Saturn. That finishes giving us two 10 year, 9 month periods or 21 years and 6 months as shown in the chart. The next planet in order is Jupiter so we start a new 10 year, 9 month period for him...with the same sub periods.

Last edited:

leomoon

Thanks for explaining better Rawiri. So, it was not the correct chart for the age calculation that was shown... I know my copy of the prior pages she mentioned are in Italian, so I couldn't read any other then this one page.:sideways:
I'll see if I can follow it.

Thanks for the input.

CapAquaPis

It's not your fault.

The article refers to a few different methods and the author themselves in the comments notes that she's uncertain where the 61 years came from - but it was likely a [primary] direction (which would be referring to one of the first methods mentioned in the article involving Hyleg, not the one you are attempting to calculate).

Besides that, the full method that you're attempting to calculate (which gives the table) is not given in the excerpt. Only part of it.

You start from the ruling luminary (Sun for day, when Sun is above the horizon of chart and Moon for night, when Sun is below the horizon).

You then count in zodiacal order, counter-clockwise to get the correct ordering of the planets for that particular chart. Thus in the chart provided we have Sun as it is a day chart, then Saturn, Jupiter, Moon, Mars, Mercury and finally Venus.

The part missed out is each of these planets is given 10 years and 9 months.
Then you calculate the sub-portion or allotted months, which is what you were doing, correctly.

The table gives planet | years | months | judgement

So we can slot your calculations in (but in correct order for the chart) and come to:

Sun.......| 1 | 7 |
Saturn...| 2 | 6 |
Jupiter...| 1 | 0 |
Moon.....| 2 | 1 |
Mars......| 1 | 3 |
Mercury.| 1 | 8 |
Venus....| 0 | 8 |
............| 10 | 9 | - this shows the first 10 years and 9 months is completed and we move onto the next planets larger period which is Saturn as he is the next planet in the zodiac after the Sun.

The same numbers thus all repeat starting from Saturn. That finishes giving us two 10 year, 9 month periods or 21 years and 6 months as shown in the chart. The next planet in order is Jupiter so we start a new 10 year, 9 month period for him...with the same sub periods.

The first Firdaria period of one's life (childhood until age 11) is under the Sun, esp. the infant years is double Sun, the sun sign is the biggest astrological feature of one's life, however I thought the personal point (your ascendant) is of importance, but the way Firdaria is done is always the double sun is first.