Aunt on Facebook

waybread

Hmm, I see.

Well, what if they have their own black communities with only black residents, complete with their own black police officers? That way if a cop kills an innocent man, we can rest easy knowing that it's not due to racism.

To be honest I am quite sick of black people's whining.

Possibly they return the compliment. :wink:

I don't think you'd call it "whining" if your innocent child were killed by the police.

waybread

Ok, so just because you hate racism, that means I can't even find black people ugly? I HAVE TO find them attractive, just to suit your sensibilities?

Maybe you don't have to express every derogatory thought that pops into your head. Keep some of them to yourself.

How good-looking are you, incidentally?

wan

Maybe you don't have to express every derogatory thought that pops into your head. Keep some of them to yourself.

First of all, you dont get to tell me whether my thoughts are derogatory or not. Secondly, even if my thoughts were derogatory, I should still be able to express them. Say them out loud, etc. And if snowflakes (not saying you are one) are offended, then frankly, it's not my problem.

How good-looking are you, incidentally?

I am quite ugly. And your point?

wan

Possibly they return the compliment. :wink:

I don't think you'd call it "whining" if your innocent child were killed by the police.

I dont think the innocent child of every BLM activist was killed by the police. Yet they whine. Loudly and incessantly.

Last edited:

david starling

Faulty analogy. Black people do not love America like you or I love our mother. They want to stay in the US because it's a first-world country (built and maintained by white people, btw) and living in it beats living in any of the h*ll-holes found on Africa.

The Slaves had an important role in building it. Now, wage-slaves are continuing to build and maintain it. Wage-slaves of all races.

Look up how many things were actually invented by descendants of Slaves.

waybread

Race is genetic. Ethnicity is cultural. Seems like religion has a major effect on ethnicity.

It's not quite so simple, David.

Genetic research looking for ethnicity has produced some interesting results.

But agreed, that most of what we think about race and ethnicity is cultural. Suppose for the sake of argument I take your point that "race is genetic." What do we do, then, with that information? Use it as a basis for discrimination?

Maybe there is just one race. The human race.

waybread

First of all, you dont get to tell me whether my thoughts are derogatory or not. Secondly, even if my thoughts were derogatory, I should still be able to express them. Say them out loud, etc. And if snowflakes (not saying you are one) are offended, then frankly, it's not my problem.

I am quite ugly. And your point?

You're right, "I don't get to tell you....." Nor did I. But in an open forum, I am equally entitled to ask questions and to counter your viewpoints. I should be able to express my thoughts just as much as you.

I'm curious as to what derogatory terms about your appearance and ethnic background get applied to you, that you see fit to judge other people.

The last I checked, forum rules prohibit racist comments. So our freedoms on this site are limited.

waybread

I dont think the innocent child of every BLM activist was killed by the police. Yet they whine. Loudly and incessantly.

There is a point where most people are able to emphasize with other people's grief. We can connect through understanding how we would feel in the same situation.

Aren't you "whining" about Black Lives Matter?

waybread

I didn't order you to keep your thoughts to yourself. Although I think you would be wise to do so.

I'm sure your opinions and feeling fed up will make a big difference to a major social justice movement. :wink: As the saying goes, they have bigger fish to fry.

wan

I didn't order you to keep your thoughts to yourself. Although I think you would be wise to do so.

I'm sure your opinions and feeling fed up will make a big difference to a major social justice movement. :wink: As the saying goes, they have bigger fish to fry.

I never said my anger or opinions would make a big difference. I am just saying what's on my mind, and I am sure a lot of white people feel the same way, they are just to scared to say anything out loud.

david starling

A fairly recent immigrant telling people whose ancestors have been here for over 300 years that they should go back to where they came from seems a bit presumptuous.

tikana

A fairly recent immigrant telling people whose ancestors have been here for over 300 years that they should go back to where they came from seems a bit presumptuous.

we all came from african continent so i guess... that would be rather interesting ... don't you think?

aquarius7000

I never said my anger or opinions would make a big difference. I am just saying what's on my mind, and I am sure a lot of white people feel the same way, they are just to scared to say anything out loud.
That such things are part of one's thought process is sad in itself and reflects one's education level, the value systems one was brought up with, not to mention how lacking in self-control and decorum one is.

That one does not even have the good sense to not voice certain very insensitive opinions on a public forum full well knowing that there would be people of the race one shamelessly calls "ugly" shows how immature and emotionally unintelligent the mind is.

If everything just came down to "saying what's on my mind" then I could say a couple of shamelessly insensitive things to you right away. Do you understand that forum rules are there for exactly that reason - to keep in check individuals that have very little self control and tact when it comes to "saying things on their mind"?

Do you realise how you have attacked an entire community by calling them "ugly" and reducing that to merely "I am saying what's on my mind". You do not need to reveal so bluntly all the "ugly" things on your mind. You have clearly broken the forum rules there, not to mention how that very unpleasant statement of yours would be so hurtful to any black person on this forum. I am not black and I found it appalling and highly insensitive.

wilsontc

Staff member
Racism is NOT Allowed on the AW Forum

All,

I have deleted several racist comments and responses to racist comments as being against Forum Rules. There are MANY comments that seem to be borderline so I have let them stand for now. I am erring on the side of tolerance for a different viewpoint while eliminating comments that are clearly racist. For those who have NOT read the FAQ on correct AW Forum behavior, here it is:

Your participation on this forum is allowed and welcomed as long as you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually explicit, harmful to young people, hateful, racist, deliberately offensive, homophobic, threatening, defamatory, damaging, or otherwise violative of any laws. Respect of other members is expected at all times. No talking down to, being rude, dismissing of people, trying to shut someone down if they don't agree, or passive aggressively drawing people out to respond negatively.

It IS possible to have a spirited discussion on race WITHOUT directly attacking others and being racist. The definition of racism used here is: deciding on the good or bad quality of someone based on the color of their skin.

This thread will be monitored to ensure that racial discussions do not become racist discussions.

About discussions on the AW Forum,

Tim

aquarius7000

Aren't you "whining" about Black Lives Matter?
Very pertinent question and one that many in America (and in some other countries) need to ask themselves.

It is also interesting to note that people grieving because their child was killed on grounds of racism, or expressing their grief about their child being ridiculed for being black or having a certain texture of hair, is termed here as "whining" repeatedly. That people completely lack any empathy and even feel "annoyed" about other people expressing their grief is shocking and shows the sentiment prevalent in society at least with some. :unsure: