Can someone help me find my passion and/or purpose in life?

waybread

I think you want something with a fair bit of excitement in it. (Uranus conjunct AC, moon in Aries, Mars in a partile trine to Uranus and AC.) The ruler of your 10th house of career, Mercury, is located in the 9th house. A career involving travel, sports, tourism, or international trade might be of interest. I don't think you'd be happy in a long-term desk job.

I think you're absolutely right that the problem isn't one of identifying the best career. The way I would put it astrologically is that you probably deal with a lot of indecision in your life. (sun quincunx Uranus and Neptune.) Things might trouble you, but not so much that you'd get out and change something. It is hard to determine what job would be best for you, when it is hard to sustain a firm sense of identity-- such that a job could be a reflection of the real you. I also suspect some self-esteem issues, with sun square Pluto and sun conjunct Chiron.

Just a wonderful saying to consider is, "What would you do if you weren't afraid?"

Nm91

I think you want something with a fair bit of excitement in it. (Uranus conjunct AC, moon in Aries, Mars in a partile trine to Uranus and AC.) The ruler of your 10th house of career, Mercury, is located in the 9th house. A career involving travel, sports, tourism, or international trade might be of interest. I don't think you'd be happy in a long-term desk job.

I think you're absolutely right that the problem isn't one of identifying the best career. The way I would put it astrologically is that you probably deal with a lot of indecision in your life. (sun quincunx Uranus and Neptune.) Things might trouble you, but not so much that you'd get out and change something. It is hard to determine what job would be best for you, when it is hard to sustain a firm sense of identity-- such that a job could be a reflection of the real you. I also suspect some self-esteem issues, with sun square Pluto and sun conjunct Chiron.

Just a wonderful saying to consider is, "What would you do if you weren't afraid?"

Adjfufuwusj

Last edited:

waybread

Thanks for the feedback, and please don't be so hard on yourself. We get lots of questions on this forum about careers and direction in life. If an OP goes unanswered, which can happen with a lot of new queries and the main horoscope readers being busy elsewhere, either bump up your OP or PM someone whose readings you like. Not everyone accepts personal requests for chart readings, but many do.

Maybe a good place to start just now would be distinguishing between your commitments and your feelings. Feelings are like weather vanes, changing direction when the wind blows. Commitments are what you can be counted on to do-- not because you even feel like it, but because you say so and your word is your bond.

Many people with a routine sort of job get their adventure through a hobby or weekend activity. This might be something like joining an outdoor club to learn rock-climbing. If you're still single and not tied down, you might just be able to save enough money to do some kind of long-haul backpacking trip. [These are just blue-sky speculations: in your heart you probably know what makes you feel most alive.]

Although Chiron symbolizes those wounds that don't heal, if we stay open to them, we can gain in wisdom, as well as compassion for other people going through the same issues. If you're struggling with the wounds, please look and see if you're actually fearful of sustained success.

Nm91

Thanks for the feedback, and please don't be so hard on yourself. We get lots of questions on this forum about careers and direction in life. If an OP goes unanswered, which can happen with a lot of new queries and the main horoscope readers being busy elsewhere, either bump up your OP or PM someone whose readings you like. Not everyone accepts personal requests for chart readings, but many do.

Maybe a good place to start just now would be distinguishing between your commitments and your feelings. Feelings are like weather vanes, changing direction when the wind blows. Commitments are what you can be counted on to do-- not because you even feel like it, but because you say so and your word is your bond.

Many people with a routine sort of job get their adventure through a hobby or weekend activity. This might be something like joining an outdoor club to learn rock-climbing. If you're still single and not tied down, you might just be able to save enough money to do some kind of long-haul backpacking trip. [These are just blue-sky speculations: in your heart you probably know what makes you feel most alive.]

Although Chiron symbolizes those wounds that don't heal, if we stay open to them, we can gain in wisdom, as well as compassion for other people going through the same issues. If you're struggling with the wounds, please look and see if you're actually fearful of sustained success.

Ajkxjcusjejuf

Last edited: