Jupiter-Time, 400 day calendar, approaching the Scorpioyear!

david starling

It appears from what I've read, that Ptolemy wasn't the originator of Sign-rulerships. He is credited with choosing the Tropical Zodiac, beginning at the Vernal Equinoctial Point as the first point of Aries. He devised a very neat arrangement based on the Sign-rulerships already being used, including the terms Fixed, Cardinal, and Common (later known as Mutable), and placed heavy stress on Northern Hemispheric seasonality and Sign-gender.
This Heliocentric cipher idea COULD have been used to create the rulership assignments--a way to bring Heliocentric to bear on Geocentric. It works only for the Sun ruling Leo, and the four Cardinal-sign rulers. With those in place, another pattern can be discerned, which gives the Traditional result, regarding the 7 rulers.

CapAquaPis

About Venus, which recently conjunct Jupiter, forms a "double star" Mon. night:

From age 24/25-36/37, Venus is the planet of this stage of life. Starting from age 0/1-12/13, each stage (a dozen years) is ruled by a planet. Our childhoods are under the Sun, 12/13-24/25 under Mercury, and now I enter the Moon or Lunar stage until age 48/49. The next 3 stages are Mars, Jupiter and Saturn (although I can live beyond age 85 to even 120 in the year 2100!) Traditional astrology aside, we discovered 2 more planets (Uranus and Neptune) just as when humans live much longer life spans than even a century ago. People born in 1900 were expected to live to 47, but in 1965- most of them lived beyond 65 - the US social security age, and a sizable percentage lived well to their 80s.

Jupiter will be in Virgo in 2040 (when I'm 60) and again in 2052 (when I'm 72) - each year the planet is in a sign, then there's periods Jupiter is in retrograde. Early and again, late trimesters of 2040, Jupiter is in Libra and so is in 2052.

david starling

Based on the clue of the Heliocentric, fixed, meaning stationary, Sun ruling the Fixed-fire Sign, I looked for other Heliocentric rulership correlations, and one stood out: With the Planetary orbits representative of the Planets, and the Earth's orbit as the reference orbit, Venus and Mars have equivalent (Equinoctial) positionality (the Cardinal-signs are used to position the Tropical-zodiac), relative to Earth's orbit. The bright-Planet and the red-Planet are both adjacent and opposite relative to the reference orbit (inside and outside). Brightness suggests atmosphere (Air), and the reddish color suggests Fire. That assigns Libra to Venus, and Aries to Mars.

david starling

For the Solstitial rulers, we have the two Tropics, the close one, the Tropic of Cancer in the Northern Hemisphere, where Tropical-astrology developed; and, far away, in the Southern Hemisphere, the Tropic of Capricorn. They're as far apart as a limiting factor will allow (in this case, the amount of Earth's axial tilt). So, beginning at the Earth's orbit as the reference orbit, and using the Moon, with its own orbit directly on the reference orbit as one Solstitial ruler, the farthest orbit from there is Saturn's. The limiting factor here is the ability to recognize an orbiting Planet from Earth, using only natural vision. The Moon is closest, and rules the Sign of the closest Tropic, and Saturn rules the Sign of the farthest Tropic, within the context of Tropical-astrology.

david starling

With the Heliocentric positionalities providing the Sun's rulership, and those of the Cardinal-sign rulers, another pattern emerges. First, separate the Moon and Sun from the 5 Planets close enough to recognize as orbiting bodies using only natural vision, using their directionality. And, arrange the groupings faster-moving to slower.
Numbering the Signs 1 through 12 beginning with Tropical Aries(#1), and moving in one direction, toward Saturn:

Moon (#4), Sun (#5)/Mercury (#6), Venus (#7), Mars (#8), Jupiter (#9), Saturn (#10)

Stopping at Saturn, and starting back in the other direction:

Saturn (#11), Jupiter (#12), Mars (#1), Venus (#2), Mercury (#3), we then get the full Traditional assignments:

Moon»:cancer:, Sun»:leo:/ Mercury»[:gemini:&:virgo:], Venus»:[:taurus:]&:libra:, Mars»:aries:&[:scorpio:], Jupiter»[:sagittarius:&:pisces:], Saturn»:capricorn:&[:aquarius:]

The brackets around some of the glyphs refer to the rulership assignments unconfirmed by the Heliocentric cipher, and therefore possibly subject to change in the context of Modern-astrology.

Last edited:

david starling

Here's an observable pattern regarding the addition of new Sign-rulers in Modern-astrology: The outermost-Planet Traditionally ruling two Signs, lost its higher-numbered Sign to the next, newly discovered Planet.
Between Signs #10 & #11, #11 was taken from Saturn and given to Ouranos; between Signs #9 & #12, #12 was taken from Jupiter and given to Neptune; and, between Signs #1 and #8, #8 was taken from Mars and given to Pluto. There's no inconsistency for Venus and Mercury to still be ruling two Signs each, since both are inner-Planets, appearing as both morning and evening "stars". Notice that the Heliocentric-cipher pattern remains in effect, even though the original numbering pattern is disrupted.
Next up, how I determined the one-on-one "Native-rulerships".

Last edited:

blacksun?

In between, I just wanted to add a realization I had this morning. A resolution of a question thats been with me, peacefully, since 1999 or so, when I first attained "Satori"a glimpse of the infinite/void.

In fact the insight is equal to that experience, but Ive explained it now in philosophic/potentially scientific terms.

I realized fully that nothingness must imply infinite potential. And then:

Infinite potential equals no-thing, and that for a thing to come about, it must limit the potential that it takes as it ground.

-

These phrases don't fully convey the realization but they should indicate a direction.
The realization was and is very palpable, and needless to say, liberating. There is no difference between the Void and the Immaculate Light. There is no cosmic womb that is not also a fulness to return to. Ive actually understood that this is necessarily the case.

This also suggests a "hell" for being that, during their incarnation, during their becoming-limited, structurally take away from other beings. When they cease to exist, cease to be limited, they return to the laws of fullness, and they will be carrying the consequences of aggressive diminishment with them, and this will have to be rectified for them to be able to be absorbed into the continuum of infinity. So their souls will be torn apart, basically.

-

This also explains immediately and perfectly why astrology exists, why humans exist in terms of cosmic and planetary configurations. It shows in fact that the opposition is the primordial aspect. Because the only thing that can come close enough to both nothingness and infinity so as to draw structural integrity from these limits is contradistinction.

So we see that the Zodiac, as composed of contradistinctions, is a scheme in which nothingness/infinity can be filtered into limited being, "privilege to act". I think this means that all beings should be seen as gods with divine prerogative, and that all beings that do not fulfill their divine prerogative but instead, parasite, are in for some really dark consequences.

Very interesting.

Saturn would feel no remorse crushing sociopaths and hypocrites back to "primordial sandgrains".
The suffering their victims feel in this world is, I realize now, likely nothing compared to what those that out of pure lack of involvement brought about such suffering on innocents will be going through before they meet their end, thoroughly involved by that point, in the consequences of their cruelty.

Myth-forms of the Dionysian type, centralized around the tearing apart of the god by the revellers and vice versa, are now coming into focus as a form of self-redemption of conquering cultures.

Last edited:

blacksun?

A message to a friend, this morning

....dear mystic.
I have seen it.
Seen what you've all been pondering, seen the end of all of it.
I really saw it, just this morning
I can't really explain it in words, as you will very well understand.
Perhaps you will only understand that which can't be put into words.

But what I realize, words or not, is that these two things we've always been identifying as the limits, are not only the same in that they are both a limit, but ... they are both limits because they are precisely the same.

What am I talking about ?
Its the infinite and the nothing.
These arent merely analytically the same in that both elude some basic physical laws - though this is definitely a result of their identity.

The fact is rather that they are effectively the same. When we address one, we address the other as well.
We only need to compute the two with that which is in between it - existence - and, given that this existence is properly understood, the edges of it, both on the side of where it gets "too much" and "too little" to grasp, are in reality only the ground from which it all springs.

Infinity and nothingness are both metaphors. They should both be understood as reality behind the image of the Elysian Fields.

XgPMk6JBQaex.gif

"(It is) the very same thing, to which these concepts (Infinity and Nothingness) refer.
Neither of them exists literally -
it is rather that infinite potential equals no-thing, and that for a thing to come about, it must limit the potential that it takes as it ground."

This also pertains to the divinity of certain animals.

Last edited:

david starling

I was just about to get into a comparison of the Signs which is about the continuum of potential<------->kinetic, energy for the Fixed and Mutables. We need both. It translates into willingness or unwillingness to change positions, so I call it the "Coeffient of Change". For the Cardinals, this coefficient doesn't apply, because they're about positional context in general.

Last edited:

david starling

Since this Coefficient of Change relies on a combination of Element and Modality, I have to preface it with a comparison of Fixed to Mutable "Earth". The other Elements are straightforward, but there's a distinction to be made here, relating to the four states of Matter--Solid, Liquid, Vapor, and Plasma. Taurus is the only true Sign of solidity, and is aptly symbolized by the extremely solid, land-dwelling Ox, or Bull, or Bison. So, linking the word "Earth" to the Planet Earth, with its three characteristics of Land, Sea, and Sky, Taurus relates most to land. Capricorn is symbolized by the Seagoat, so, Earth's waters for Cardinal-Earth. The winged figure for Virgo, along with the keyword "Analyze", connects Virgo to the Earth's mantle of air, the Atmosphere, meaning that Virgo, like Gemini, is a "sky-Sign". Gemini relates to the air currents, blowing through the aggregate atmosphere, which is Virgo's sky-connection. The clouds contain water vapor, so Virgo is, in my estimation, the "heavy Air-sign", midway between Air and Water. Materialistic, yes, like the other two Earth-signs, but not equivalent to Taurus regarding solidity.

david starling

Another preface: Two of the Native-rulers used here are measured points not conventionally used as Sign-rulers--the Ascendant, as the leading point of Apollo's Triangle (Asc,M.C., and Desc), and the Age Indicator, as the leading point of Gaia's Trident. Both are of vital importance in the Chart. Apollo's Triangle is about a Solar effect on the plane of the Ecliptic, just as the Trident is about a Terrestrial effect. So, the former should rule a Fire-sign, and the latter, an Earth-sign.
Since the Native-rulers of the Cardinal-signs have already been determined using a Heliocentric cipher, they won't be included. The Coefficient of Change will be only about the Fixed and Mutable-signs and their Native-rulers. That includes the Sun, which the cipher shows as ruling Leo. So, the Coefficient method should yield the same result, or it will nullify the cipher. Other than that, all conventional rulership is as yet undetermined, and possibly subject to change, using this Coefficient method.

Last edited:

david starling

First step, assign number values to the Signs based on Element, regarding the four states of Matter. Fixed Earth will correspond to Solid, Water-signs to Liquid, Air-signs to Vapor, and Fire-signs th Plasma. Virgo will be considered the "heavy" Air-sign, with a lower Coefficient than Gemini, and a higher one than Pisces. Initially, they're divided into the categories Fixed and Mutable:

FIXED---------------------MUTABLE

Leo. 4------------Sagittarius 4 (Plasma/Fire-signs)

Aquarius 3-------Gemini. 3 (Vapor/Air-signs)
-------------------Virgo. 2 1/2 (when viewed as the "heavy Air-sign", between Liquid and Vapor)
Scorpio. 2--------Pisces. 2 (Liquid/Water-signs)

Taurus. 1 (Solid)

Next, let the Fixed-sign coefficients remain fixed as they are; and beginning with Pisces, which has the lowest Mutable-sign coefficient, increase each just enough to move each Mutable into an empty slot, where 1/2 is the minimum amount of increase. The Mutables will retain their order relative to each other. And then, match up the Native-rulers based on their relative rates of change in position:

Sagittarius »[6]***********Apollo's Triangle
Gemini-----4 1/2********Mercury
Leo---------4***********Sun
Virgo-------3 1/2********Jupiter
Aquarius---3***********Ouranos
Pisces------2 1/2********Neptune
Scorpio-----2***********Pluto
Taurus------1***********Gaia's Trident

»[I noticed a pattern in terms of how the Mutables changed coefficient values when matched up with the Fixed, which retained their original coefficients--Pisces added the minimum, 1/2. Virgo added 1. Gemini added 1 1/2. So, I applied this pattern to Sagittarius, and it added 2, even though it could have stayed above Gemini by adding 1. This is in keeping with the extremely fast rate of movement of the Asc relative to Mercury, just as the full unit of separation between the coefficients of Taurus and Scorpio reflects the much slower movement of the Age Indicator relative to Pluto.]

Last edited:

david starling

The Rulership Groups take care of most of the discrepancies regarding rulership convention. Taurus, for example is In-Service to Venus, and Scorpio is In-Service to Mars. Since measured points can't "cast Aspects", that's handled by the InTandem combination of (Native-ruler) Apollo's Triangle and the Regulating-ruler for Sagittarius, Jupiter. Virgo's Regulating-ruler is Mercury. One major change, is that Saturn has no rulership connection to Aquarius, even in the Rulership Groupings. As for Virgo and Jupiter, Esoteric Astrology does have Jupiterean rulership of Virgo on one level. But, it's the fact that the foremost "Virgin goddess" of Ancient Greece was Athena, a sky goddess in her own right, who "stepped from Zeus' brow", and acknowledged him as her ruler, that made the connection for me. Athena fits Virgo as the goddess of (practical) Wisdom, who protected and nurtured the city-states who worshiped her. This rulership system definitely ups the status of Virgo! :biggrin:

Last edited:

david starling

Taurus, in this Rulership pattern, has the Earth itself as Native-ruler, as expressed through Gaia's Trident. As the Age goes, so goes Taurus. So, a very heavyweight Sign, indeed. In one version of the Ancient Greek religion, "In the Beginning, the Earth was wrapped in the Heavens". That connects to the InTandem relationship between the Regulating-ruler of Taurus, Ouranos*, and the archetypal Earth-goddess Gaia.

*I'm using "Ouranos" in place of what I consider to be an ill-conceived attempt to "Latinize" the Greek name for the god of the Heavens. Unlike "Apollo" and "Pluto", which were accepted into the Roman pantheon, "Ouranos" never was. His Latin counterpart was "Caelus". On the plus side, it emphasizes the importance of the Greek GODDESS of the Heavens, Urania, which I believe is the feminine version of the Native-ruler of Aquarius, :uranus:. Urania was also the Muse of Astrology, incidentally. :biggrin:
[Postscript: Too bad the Astronomers have demoted "Apollo" and "Urania" to asteroid status, while Astrologers have missed or ignored their extremely important archetypal connections to Astrology.]

Last edited:

david starling

Once all the Native-rulerships were in place, I noticed another pattern in the Heliocentric model, due to an interesting anomaly:
This time, all three Modalities are included, but the Fire-element is excluded. This is because the pattern requires the Native-rulers of all three members of an Element category, and the Sun, ruling Leo is the reference point; and, Apollo's Triangle, ruling Sagittarius, is Geocentric.
It's worded, "Numbering the Signs 1 through 12, beginning with Aries, the lower numbered Sign in each Element-group has a ruler with an orbit approaching closer to the Sun than that of the next higher-numbered Sign".

For the Air-signs, lower numbered Gemini's Native-ruler, Mercury, approaches closer the Sun than Libra's Venus, which approaches closer than Ouranos, ruling highest numbered Aquarius. For the Earth-signs, Taurus is ruled by the Earth, through Gaia's Trident located on the center-line of the Earth's orbit; and, the Earth approaches closer to the Sun than Virgo's ruler, Jupiter, which is closer than Saturn, ruler of the highest numbered Earth-sign, Capricorn. For the Water-signs, the ruler of the lowest numbered Water-sign, the Moon, approaches closer than Pluto, ruling Scorpio, which approaches closer than Neptune, ruling the highest numbered Water-sign, Pisces.
The anomaly, of course, is that Pluto, although slower than Neptune, comes closer to the Sun because of its extremely oblique orbit, which crosses outside of Neptune's at one end. Just an interesting pattern, with nothing apparently significant about it.

Last edited:

CapAquaPis

When Jupiter was conjunct my natal Sun degree (26' Aquarius) 3 times in my 37-year life (born Feb 15, 1980) - major beneficial events occurred in my life. The next Jupiter conjunct my natal sun period is 2021 (April 15-22) and retrograde (Aug 21-29), not long before Saturn does in 2023 (Feb 3-10).

Feb 4-8, 1986 - the local newspaper reported about me as a 6 year old boy with autism doing well in the special ed class, my mother cofounded the local autism society a year before (1985) ...and a year later, my parents had to divorce for the better (about Feb 1987).

Jan 18-21, 1998 - my high school senior year (class of 1998) - I did pretty good in my first semester, as well my second and able to graduate on time. Jan 1999 was when I moved in with my father (I lived with him for 2 years), Jan 2000 (the 18th) was when my nephew (my bro's son) was born. and Jan 2001 was the "correct" change of century (20 to 21), millennia (2 to 3 AD) and age (Pisces to Aquarius).

May 21-Jul 11, 2009 - period of good luck, back to employment during the Great Recession (2007-10), 6 mos. later I switched jobs to my current one (now 8 years anniversary). Jupiter was in retrograde until Dec 30-31, 2009 when Jupiter reached 26' Aquarius 2nd time around in my then age 29. The Jan 1-5, 2010 was when I made a friend (a Leo-Jul 24, 1981), met a brief romantic partner (she's a Virgo sun-Cancer moon-Sep 9, 1985) and in my apartment, I met someone (a Taurus-May 18, 1984) through his parents on the property who has a mental disability like I do, but he's kicked out of the property in 2011 for drug dealing.

blacksun?

The Rulership Groups take care of most of the discrepancies regarding rulership convention. Taurus, for example is In-Service to Venus, and Scorpio is In-Service to Mars. Since measured points can't "cast Aspects", that's handled by the InTandem combination of (Native-ruler) Apollo's Triangle and the Regulating-ruler for Sagittarius, Jupiter. Virgo's Regulating-ruler is Mercury. One major change, is that Saturn has no rulership connection to Aquarius, even in the Rulership Groupings. As for Virgo and Jupiter, Esoteric Astrology does have Jupiterean rulership of Virgo on one level. But, it's the fact that the foremost "Virgin goddess" of Ancient Greece was Athena, a sky goddess in her own right, who "stepped from Zeus' brow", and acknowledged him as her ruler, that made the connection for me. Athena fits Virgo as the goddess of (practical) Wisdom, who protected and nurtured the city-states who worshiped her. This rulership system definitely ups the status of Virgo! :biggrin:

Both Virgo and Aquarius have the most absurdly irrelevant and weak canonical descriptions. I very much agree with upping Virgos status by connecting her to Zeus and Athena.

In all my experience, Virgo is remarkably powerful and assertive. She may be nitpicking and into detail, but only where there is power in there. She doesn't fret over random stuff, that is actually completely anti-Virgonic. So it is wrong to call Virgo the "micro manager" as it is wrong to call Aquarius "the eccentric". God how I loathe people that coin and perpetuate these demeaning, marginalizing terms for such majestic things as Zodiac signs.

Virgo makes things happen, makes them real. She is absolutely required to bring the will of Leo into effect. She is in a sense the mother to the Child Leo, and thus reaches into Capricorn.

There is in my experience no such thing as a weaker or a stronger sign, except perhaps, as you note, Taurus, which holds a special connection to Earth.

david starling

At first, I was promoting Urania, Ancient-Greek goddess of the Heavens and Muse of Astrology as the only legitimate Native-ruler of Aquarius. But, without the masculine version, the Greek god Ouranos, we're missing the nature of the implacable enmity between Cronus/Saturn and Aquarian Native-rulership; as well as the original situation of the Earth (Gaia) wrapped in the Heavens (Ouranos), before their son (Cronus/Saturn), "tore them asunder". Extremely Oedipal, with Saturn not only killing his father, but castrating him, then "possessing" his mother.
One Poster objected to Urania as a Sign-ruler because, as perfect as she is for ruling Aquarius [IMO], she lacks Classical status. But once the connection is made between Ancient-Greek Urania and the Ancient-Egyptian goddess Nuit, the early Dynasties' goddess of the Heavens, her true importance is revealed. Nuit/Urania is a vital, protective deity, and a goddess of sensuality and Beauty. Beauty and brains! :cool:

Last edited:

david starling

When the Motivational-ruler of a Sign is in the Sign it Motivates, it imparts a sense of urgency and purpose.
Sun in Aries
Jupiter in Taurus
Venus in Gemini
Pluto in Mer (~mid1913 to mid1939)
Ascendant [+Jupiter (InTandem)] in Leo
Saturn in Virgo
Ouranos in Libra (~1968-1975)
Neptune in Scorpio (~1956-1970)
Mars in Sagittarius
Age Indicator [+Ouranos (InTandem)] in Capricorn [:uranus:~1988-1995]
Mercury in Aquarius
Moon in Pisces

Last edited:

david starling

When the Regulating-ruler is in the Sign it regulates, it imparts a sense of direction.

Saturn in Aries
Ouranos:)uranus:) in Taurus
Neptune in Gemini (~1886-1900)
Mars in Mer:)cancer:)
Age Indicator [+Ouranos (InTandem)] in Leo [:uranus: June 1956-August 1962]
Mercury in Virgo
Moon in Libra
Sun in Scorpio
Jupiter in Sagittarius
Venus in Capricorn
Pluto in Aquarius (~1778-1798)
Ascendant [+Jupiter (InTandem)] in Pisces