Younger/Older attraction

Steeler

What in the female/male natal chart show that older & younger people will be attracted to you,
more than people your own age? Degrees, aspects...If you know, do tell. :)

I know Saturn in the 5th usually shows that you're attracted to older men (for females), the same thing if Saturn is conjunct the descendant, but WHAT shows that older/younger people will be attracted TO you?

Last edited:

Pandora77

I am 30 and I have pluto conjunct my Libra sun in the 7th house in my natal chart. An astrologer I saw once said that this meant I would be drawn to a partner a fair bit older than myself. I have only really had serious boyfriends about 3 or so years older than me and one boyfriend 4 years younger, however I am attracted to older men frequently those in their mid 40's.
I think the thing with pluto conjunct the sun is something to do with the father and looking for an older or dominant male to play that role, in my love relationships and I can sort of see that in myself to an extent.

Ebenia

Capricorn/Cancer represent Old/Young. For example, Capricorn DC usually means that partner is older and otherwise.

Hermes

It's not that I specifically search for them, but it always just so happens that I fall in love with older guys.My husband is older than me 14 years!Thaer are a lot of indicators but
in my chart that would be Venus/Mars midpoint conjunct Saturn.
I also noticed often Moon opposition Uranus in the male 's chart give much younger partner/wife..Prominent Uranus gives youthful appereance so it's likely thay will have younger partners..

Last edited:

AquaScorpio

I'd like to know what attracts the age differences too. For some odd reason, I always tend to attract the younger ones...and get attracted to them. This is before I even know the age, so it's not something that happens on purpose. Then again, it's more common for girls to go for older guys. It quite possibly could be that I look younger than I really am too.

smilingsteph

Check the sign on the descendant, this will give you insight as to whom you are attracted to...
If you are talking about friends look to the 11th and the sign there, it can mirror also the people you look for as a friend....

Under the rising signs you will see the descendant signs....
Not to be taken too seriously, as you also have to look to your moon, sun and venus signs to see other attraction factors....

http://www.springsgreetingcards.com/catalogs/store.asp?pid=50952

Last edited:

Hey

Banned
I hate that Saturn in the fifth house is said to be a 'boring' placement. Sexless, sleep-inducing, difficulty in creativity? That's not true.
Tom Cruise, Halle Berry. Hell, even Carmen Electra has this placement. The first two are one of the most talented in the acting industry, and well, the last one is a spark plug.
They take their creativity more seriously than most and therefore develop it more.
Anyway, back to your question. I think people with Saturn in the fifth house have an admiration for people who seem like father-types. They admire those who seem to have it all together and guide them. Also, they can do the same for younger people. They can show maturity and possibly be a mentor to someone of younger age, and this person can truly appreciate their guidance.
Saturn in the fifth house definitely deserves more praise. This placement can bring the most creativity of all.

aroya

Hello, all. i have venus in capricorn. (attraction to older people when young, and to younger people when older.) I also have saturn in 5th house..... my girlfriend of 4 years also has saturn in the 5th.... she, and other females are looking for a father-figure to support and direct their life. whilst my saturn in 5th means that i am looking for a younger partner to support and mentor to maturity..... our composite chart also has our saturn in 5th..... so its a very solid and somewhat serious relationship, and we accept all its weaknesses and strengths...... I am 72 and girlfriend is 34!!! (my previous relations ship had a 21 year age difference.... none of my relationships had less than 20 years between us)...the other connection we have is composite sun conjunct pluto. my saturn falls in her 1st house..... her jupiter falls in my 5th......( love comes in many colours, shapes and sizes... oh yes, her venus is conjunct my uranus in 7th.... also sat. in 5th takes its pleasures seriously!
hope that helps ....aroya

Pandora77

I have Eros in capricorn actually and I do often find men with a lot of capricorn in their chart attractive, and I guess that would go for more mature men. I am all air and water and so I think that Earth is appealing to me as it gounds me in a way.

LionKing

Yes... I'm a Leo Rising. And believe me... All ages of women are attracted to me. It first it bothered me... now... it just happens and I welcome it. Next month I will be 50. If you look on my profile and see the fiction book that I wrote, thats me on the front cover. V/r LionKing:sunny:

Steeler

I kinda guessed that astrology wouldn't be able to answer this,
but atleast it CAN answer why WE are attracted to some people.

Hey; Couldn't agree with you more!
But if Saturn IS afflicted, it can be very, very harsh. Especially in the 5th. But it does get better the older you get.
That's just how it works. You learn to work with it. : ) (And Bob Dylan is a great example of someone with Saturn in the 5th.)

I personally just find it weird that people my own age don't seem to show any interest in me, but it's always the older & younger one's.
I've thought that maybe my moon in the 5th might cause this younger people's attraction towards me, but when it comes to older people, I have no idea.

Steeler

Hey; True. Tom Cruise has gotten very far with his life.
Millionaire with a weird vision though.

Yeah, you'r description of Saturn is very close to mine.
I grew up mentally quicker than other people,
which was a huge hindrance to being social and doing normal teenager-stuff.
I just wasn't interested.

If you have Saturn by itself in the 5th, I can completely understand you'r seriousness.
In my case, having Uranus there too, my ideas of fun were;
A) completely insane in the eyes of others, and; B) not fun to anybody else but me.
My Uranian/Saturnian fun was basicly; "I want to stay home, eat chips and play playstation." (Electronic fun = Uranus fun...)
Why was it only me who saw that as fun while being a teenager? (and still as an adult.) Saturn in 5th.

It indeed is a difficult placement for a planet, but the more I've studied it in my own chart,
the more I've grown to respect it for what it is. It has given me endurance towards everything that has to do with 5th house stuff.
I have zero patience with everything else.

Last edited:

LadyV

Interesting thread, my Mars/Venus midpoint is in conjunction with my Uranus(10th House). And I have Capricorn rising and Capricorn Venus(1st House) with Libra Mars(9th House).

From what I'm reading it seems to back up the gut feeling, that despite being attracted to older men when I was younger, I'm most likely to be happy with someone younger, never young enough to be my son(not that that's legal right now anyway, I am 26), but slightly younger. Although I hope this isn't for unhealthy reasons, I have had huge problems in past relationships I've had with older men. In my experience they have been condescending towards my age, and seemed to be more in love with the idea of a younger woman than they were with me. I am an intense person, and while I am not the type to brag, I am extremely intelligent, independant, and outspoken, and this seems to scare away a lot of unenlightened men, which seems to be the majority. Then my last serious relationship was with someone 4 years younger, I didn't plan it that way but I felt so much more comfortable with that, and I think it's because younger men who are attracted to older women respect the things about me that intimidate most men.

nejispirit

Ebenia said:
Capricorn/Cancer represent Old/Young. For example, Capricorn DC usually means that partner is older and otherwise.
Interesting considering my boyfriend, who is 5 years older than I, has a Capricorn DC and has managed to "attract me" into his life; I have a Pisces DC and I have managed to attract him- he has a 12th house Venus and a Pisces MC so :rolleyes:.

But, my Cappy Vertex is in the 5th... although I am not familiar with the Vertex, perhaps this explains a bit more; honestly I need a man who was on my same maturity level though ;).

I have an empty 11th Cancer house though and his 12th house Venus would fall into that house- perhaps he is young in someways and indeed he seems to be very unexperienced in "love affairs" in general.

So my 5th house Vertex falls into his Cappy 7th... mm, perhaps that is a good thing?

Let's take a look at his Saturn;

Saturn opp MC, mmmm that's very interesting, considering...(and of course this assumed)
Saturn conj IC, that must be hard aspect to deal with;
Saturn square Neptune (ah, this explains much to me)
Saturn sextile Uranus
Saturn semisextile Moon
Saturn *trine* Sun
Saturn semisextile True Node

So you could say that he is friends with Saturn indeed, ontop of that Cappy DC;

Although he has told me that he has never been attracted to an older woman before and probably never will be.

For me, I have always dated my age or up, my Saturn doesn't really have any big aspects like his;

Aries stellium quincunx Saturn (eh, that's no fun)... and that's about it;

My Saturn is in the 3rd and so is his, only his as many aspects as mine does not.

Perhaps a more serious/business like love affair he is looking for? I am looking for serious but not too serious, I know neither one of us is looking for marriage right now, but I want to a guy who I date only and have fun with.

His Saturn falls into my 1st which makes too much and sense and mine falls into his 5th, conj his Uranus; that does indeed make sense as well, my Saturn conj his Uranus in the 5th- I am bringing a sort of "restriction" to himself in that we are now boyfriend and girlfriend, perhaps in previous relationships it was more freedom oriented?

Last edited:

Polo

Sun and Saturn (hello Celine Dion), Venus and Saturn, Saturn in the fifth or seventh, Saturn on the Midheaven.

AquaAqua

Steeler said:
What in the female/male natal chart show that older & younger people will be attracted to you, more than people you'r own age?

Degrees, aspects...If you know, do tell. :)

I know Saturn in the 5th usually shows that you are attracted to older men for females, the same thing if Saturn is in the descendant, but WHAT shows that older/younger people will be attracted TO you?

(I know that you attract different types of people to yourself,
but what aspect is it that shows this type of thing? Can astrology even go this far?;))

Saturn / Capricorn rules here

I speak purely from personal experience. My 4 out of 5 relationships have been with women who were either older to me or much free spirited/understanding than most.

- Having a venus in Capricorn makes one attracted to mature and serious individuals and often translates to older companions.

- Saturn in signs like Libra? Libra relates to relationships. And having a saturn there makes a person more serious, cautious, formal towards thier relationships, again something that may translate to older companions

- Probably having hard relationship aspects. People with such aspects may undergo a lot of pain and agony and hence choose a more mature/understanding partner

- Also aquarius/saggitarius rising signs, capricorn suns etc may attaract older individuals

I qualify for the first three points and my current gf is 6 years older to me

Aqua

Claire19

Saturn in the 5th may attract older and more established lovers who are rather restrictive and parental. Mercury in the 5th especially connected to Venus and Mars can bring younger lovers. Mercury on the 7th, Gemini there also can mean younger partners. I have Saturn conjunct Mercury in Leo and I have had younger and older lovers.

smilingsteph

Claire I totally agree with you!!

I have saturn in the 7th and let me tell you,
I have never had a positive father figure...An abusive uncle raised me and my father....well I had no idea where he was...

My husband is like a father figure...okay dont gross out yet...he nurtures me, makes me feel safe, and has helped me in so many ways to grow and be myself with security.
He is my same age, but does come off as an older soul...

I think that Saturn may not be an old man per say, but someone who may act older, wiser, mature..

divine g

Banned
I think having Saturn or Mercury in the 1st, 3rd, 5th or 7th will show any pattern showing attraction to older/younger people.

Im an odd mix of both, Im a Gemini with Saturn in Leo rising, with a Cap moon. I do look a lot younger than I am, but I appear mature with sat in 1st. My past 3 relationshps were with women in their early 20's(learning they're girls really), and I just turned 31. My last ex has mercury ruling her 7th, so she was attracted to my Gemini sun, and we lasted about 9months.(note: Does mercury ruling dsc mean "short" relationships?) She also has venus in 3rd, and would make short trips to visit me all the time. My cold Cap moon opposed/balanced out her nurturing Cancer moon. but it caused tension as well. Cancer moon may like to parent, but may also look to be parented as well.(also with a few of my exes, they kind of babied me)

Either way, Im now interested in older women, and have been seeing a few i like, who also show interest;) i like to be nurtured, nursed (venus in cancer) but it opposes my Cap moon, which shows im also attracted to women who seem a bit serious, cold and reserved. With uranus ruling my 7th, u never know what to expect. I do tend to attract "groupie" types, as im a leo rising, and artist/musician. With Aquarius in my 7th, i guess its showing i kind of like that type, as theres no atttachment.

But my dsc is progressing to pisces, and now i seem to be attracting people with alcohol problems..but that's a whole other thread.

But as for how i feel with the Cap moon, Gemini sun, im definitely older and wiser, but i still feel like a kid in general..so Im kind of attracted to and attract both old and young..sounds like heaven but my Gemini sun and Capricorn moon are inconjunct, so it's a constant adjustment to reconcile what seems to be so incompatible..

Last edited: