Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Other Astrology > Degree Symbols

Degree Symbols Discuss your experiences with all symbol systems based on astrological degrees in the chart (i.e., Sabian Symbols, Kozminsky Symbols, etc.): the symbols for the transiting Sun and Moon and the events of your life, the symbols of your natal chart...

Unread 09-10-2011, 01:33 AM

10 degrees Libra

I was messing around with looking at Sabian Symbols using my husband's chart along with three ex boyfriend's charts and I ran across something odd.

Each one of them has a sign in 9-10 degrees Libra (which according to the sticky get's rounded to 10 degrees Libra).

Is it just a weird coincidence or does that mean something?

"Felines and dames in flames will hardly serve your aims.
Do you surmise it's wise to have laser beams emitting from your eyes?" - TMBG (The Lady and the Tiger)
Unread 09-10-2011, 10:21 AM

Location: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales
Re: 10 degrees Libra

Have you looked at your midpoints?

Sun/Moon
Asce/MH

Asce/sun
Moon/asce
MH/sun
MH/moon

T
Unread 09-10-2011, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikana View Post
Have you looked at your midpoints?

Sun/Moon
Asce/MH

Asce/sun
Moon/asce
MH/sun
MH/moon

T
ummmmm.... no?
<-noob

How could knowing the detailed information on those areas explain the correlation? In general, not specifics.

Do you surmise it's wise to have laser beams emitting from your eyes?" - TMBG (The Lady and the Tiger)
Unread 09-16-2011, 05:02 PM

Do you mean has a planet (or something else significant) located in the area of 9 Libra to 10 Libra? If so, the Sabian symbols will vary because that's a two degree span.

Anything that is 9 LIbra is rounded up to Libra 10 which Marc Jones originally gave as "a canoe approaching safety through dangerous waters." Any planet (or anything else important) located at 10 Libra would round up to the symbol Libra 11 which Jones gave as "a professor peering over his glasses."

Hope this helps.
Unread 09-16-2011, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayek View Post
I was messing around with looking at Sabian Symbols using my husband's chart along with three ex boyfriend's charts and I ran across something odd.

Each one of them has a sign in 9-10 degrees Libra (which according to the sticky get's rounded to 10 degrees Libra).

Is it just a weird coincidence or does that mean something?

10 Degree Libra is the Point of the Fixed star Vendametrix, which is known as the Star of Widowhood.
Unread 10-11-2011, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdh3 View Post
Do you mean has a planet (or something else significant) located in the area of 9 Libra to 10 Libra? If so, the Sabian symbols will vary because that's a two degree span.

Anything that is 9 LIbra is rounded up to Libra 10 which Marc Jones originally gave as "a canoe approaching safety through dangerous waters." Any planet (or anything else important) located at 10 Libra would round up to the symbol Libra 11 which Jones gave as "a professor peering over his glasses."

Hope this helps.
Has a significant planet, and I meant 9 point something degrees which gets rounded up to 10.

Just thought it was an odd coincidence that four people I have dated had at least one planet with this same degree in Libra... makes me wonder if there's something that attracts me about that specific degree. And if anyone would have any ideas as to why I might be attracted to people with that.

I mean, yeah, my Venus is in Libra... so I'm going to like Libra, right? But there are 30 degrees in Libra, so why does that one keep popping up?

Although, what Chirongirl said doesn't seem like it bodes well... might research that star and see if it might provide an answer.

Unread 10-12-2011, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayek View Post
Has a significant planet, and I meant 9 point something degrees which gets rounded up to 10.

Just thought it was an odd coincidence that four people I have dated had at least one planet with this same degree in Libra... makes me wonder if there's something that attracts me about that specific degree. And if anyone would have any ideas as to why I might be attracted to people with that.

I mean, yeah, my Venus is in Libra... so I'm going to like Libra, right? But there are 30 degrees in Libra, so why does that one keep popping up?

Although, what Chirongirl said doesn't seem like it bodes well... might research that star and see if it might provide an answer.
I'm guessing there are two explanations--(1) something in your own chart aspects Libra 10 and (2) the "content" of that symbol is also highly relevant, i.e. something in it "resonates" with you.

As an example of point 1, my significant other and my three best friends over the last decade all have their Sun within 1-2 degrees of my descendant. I suspect something like that is happening in your case as well, bit don't know for sure since you didn't indicate where in your chart 9 Libra is found.

As for the "content" of that symbol, there are many interpretations of symbol that you can consult. My own can be found here.

hope this helps.
sdh3
Unread 09-07-2019, 03:48 AM

Arrow Re: 9 or 10 degrees Libra

I revived this to contribute to the discussion, although most of them aren't ever coming back, but I want people to come and post on this thread. 9-10' Libra is the degree of planet Venus, oddly almost opposite my natal Venus in 7' Aries.
Unread 09-22-2019, 04:01 PM

The Sabian Symbol, according to Dane Rudhyar's book, "An Astrological Mandala. The Cycle of Transformation and it's 360 Symbolic Phases"

"LIBRA 10: HAVING PASSED SAFELY THROUGH NARROW RAPIDS, A CANOE REACHES CALM WATERS.

KEYNOTE:
The self-control and poise necessary to reach a steady state of inner stability.

This symbol hardly needs to be commented upon. It could be related to the fifth symbol of the preceding five-fold sequence referring to guru-chela relationship at the actional level. Here we are dealing essentially with the emotional life and its crises. At the next mental and individual level, the concluding symbol will suggest the perfect and smooth working of the intellect ruled by logic and simplicity of means.

This is the fifth stage of the thirty-eighth sequence; it concludes what was begun at the first stage. The inner 'revelation' which brought about dramatic confrontations can now be meditated upon as it is reflected on the calm waters of the mind. As a Keyword one may use the term
RELIEF."

Tags
degrees, libra