the common origin of the words saturn and satan (and other christian mistakes)

asmodee

After a few research at the library...I mean : on the internet, I discovered that the words Saturn and Satan have the same origin.

To the ancient astrologers (and philosophers) Saturn was the last planet.
I mean the farthest planet from the sun. The sun was associated with light, heat and good. Saturn was the planet least exposed to light. It was associated with cold and black.:bandit: it was the planet of adversity, limitations, of trials. He was not evil. .

So Saturn was associated with the limitations that come with the incarnation of the soul in the material world (the aging, the pain, the basic needs, food, warmth, etc)

To the ancient greeks Pan represented the inferior nature of man, with his animal part. As a representation of the inferior nature of man, he was associated with Saturn.

And then later, long after the people tortured and killed one of the nicest guys ever (Jesus), they started inventing ways of making people feel guilty and scared..

That is when Saturn became Satan, and the idea of "adversity" was probably out of grasp for their very primitive minds,so they replaced "adversity" with "evil" which was probably a better argument to burn witches, alchemists and astrologers.
And the inferior, animal part of man (Pan) became the Devil. The repression of the sexual instincts was one of the surest ways to make people feel weak.

That is why satan looks a lot like a capricorn-man : goat feet, a tail, goat horns, a goatee, and a triangle shaped-face.

Satan was originally not the "temptator" but the "tester", because that is what Saturn does : saturn TESTS YOU : when you have a saturn transit you are tested in that area.

That's just one of the many mistakes of the old christian church.
Or maybe it was their strategy : mixing everything up until it doesn't mean anything so that they can enslave a disoriented humanity.
Fortunately, the age of aquarius is bringing a new light.

And of course, but you already know that, the word saturday comes from there too.

NEXT : Lucifer, he who brings light to humanity

Last edited:

Mark

It is worth noting that the "OM" thing functions on a vibrational level. It is meant to assist the mind of the chanter in entering the correct state for clean work. It's the purity of mind and soul that really makes the difference. The sound is just a sound until it has an effect on the mind. A good question to ask is, "Which me is doing the work?" The higher self (Universal consciousness, Christ consciousness, et cetera) is the mind that works in harmony with all else, so it is the best to use for making changes. It's also the one which sees clearly when all else is confused. Remember that everything external to you is a reflection of that which is internal. God is within!

As to "Satan," it's good to remember that every spirit is a consciousness and every consciousness is a spirit. Just as Christ is both a spirit which exists unto Itself (yet is part of the One) and a consciousness to be embodied, so it is with all spirits. This means that they exist both in macrocosm and microcosm. True existence (latent, without manifestation, infinite) is the macrocosm and manifestation (embodiment, within bounds) is the microcosm. I don't think that the spirit of "Satan" has all that much to do with the plane (or the planet) of Saturn. I think men have assigned this meaning as a value judgment, based on the influential behaviour of Saturn. People don't like being made to work and learn on what could have been an easy day. To lesser-minded individuals, Saturn is mean to you and makes you work hard. In actuality, Saturn, as the plane and planet, is an important teacher and holds no malice at all. It's characteristics seem to be quite different than what is normally attributed to "Satan." Then again, the idea of "Satan" has undergone quite a few transformations too. It's an interesting discussion.

"Santa is an anagram." :wink:

May you find Peace and Love in your journeys. Namaste.

Mark

What you said makes sense as a technique. I was just trying to point out that quacking "OM" every so often doesn't help anything if it's used as nothing more than "spiritual punctuation." It's something deeper than mundane speech. That is to say that you must speak with your soul, rather than your mouth, and the verbally-produced vibration of "OM" helps in that process.

rahu

Banned
just an added note to saturn.
in esoteric astrolgy the rings of saturn are referred to as "the ring pass not pass'.what this means is that everything from earth to satrurn is under his rule but beyong the saturns orbit lies the planes of spirit and soul.
saturns ring gave the power to see and travel with the spirit behind maya.
as such saturn was ruler of adeptship,which means that one had learned the causal dynamics of reality and now could amplify their knowledge on the higher planes of soul and spirit.this why some begining student are confused about satrun co rulership of aquariius.saturn has a "spiritual" aspect but spiritual discipline must be applied to the ego before these dynamics can be deployed.and with current society choking on decadence,this can be very difficult to conceive.

rahu

RockFish

Hi asmodee,

Glad that you posted it, very intriguing post, I loved it, I love the historical perspective of it, since the religious and mystic explanations are always way "out there" for me.

I believe in a lot of things and I too had a catholic upbringing, but I wasn't offended in the least.

Thanks for your info and hope you have more of these juicy tidbits. :lol:

antago

Sorry to dig up an old post, but personally I view threads as unending streams of possibility & knowledge. Hopefully this board welcomes this.

After a few research at the library...I mean : on the internet, I discovered that the words Saturn and Satan have the same origin.

Yes.

To the ancient astrologers (and philosophers) Saturn was the last planet.
I mean the farthest planet from the sun. The sun was associated with light, heat and good. Saturn was the planet least exposed to light. It was associated with cold and black.:bandit: it was the planet of adversity, limitations, of trials. He was not evil. .

Mmm. I don't like where you're going with this. It sounds like you are trying to numb yourself to reality with the idea that all things, spirits, and people are good. We know this to be untrue.

This is very common, especially to a people who are trying to combat religion but who do not understand reality. Also, there is a temptation within many people living within privilege to numb themselves to reality by concluding, "Everything is just this and that," trying to remove consciousness & wicked intentions in order to feel safer.

There is definitely such a thing as evil, and it has been my life study (not willingly). Evil is a very, very, very real thing.

So Saturn was associated with the limitations that come with the incarnation of the soul in the material world (the aging, the pain, the basic needs, food, warmth, etc)

To the ancient greeks Pan represented the inferior nature of man, with his animal part. As a representation of the inferior nature of man, he was associated with Saturn.

Pan mave have represented Saturn; fine. I myself have drawn this symbology. However, Saturn is more than just a planet and an astrological idea.

There are very real superconscious deities on this planet. Saturn is also associated with the Grim Reaper. There are many kinds of evil, and it is robbery to teach that evil & exploits do not exist, or that it is "oppressive goodness" that is causing it, so "we just need more moneys and more freedoms then everyone will be happy and I will have done my job".

Sometimes freedom is not what you need. It has become a democratic sales pitch to its own citizens to indoctrinate them into indulging down an insatiable quest to "liberate themselves".

In this sense, you are unconsciously over-simplifying and committing a reckless transference. "I will run away from the devil of wisdom to combat the idea that a devil exists". It's paradoxical, and using denial isn't going to change the situation nor the math of reality.

And then later, long after the people tortured and killed one of the nicest guys ever (Jesus), they started inventing ways of making people feel guilty and scared..

Mmm, Jesus wasn't "just some nice guy". There is more to it than that, although your entire renunciation of belief is apparent but disguised by some pseudo form of eureka indirectly reminding us "not to kill your buzz because it's fun". It isn't fun, and it isn't constructive.

Satan represents a force of destruction & exploitation that is very real in the world, and it is a very real collective consciousness with unhealthy degrees of unconsciousness. It is a real spirit of death.

That is when Saturn became Satan, and the idea of "adversity" was probably out of grasp for their very primitive minds,so they replaced "adversity" with "evil" which was probably a better argument to burn witches, alchemists and astrologers.
And the inferior, animal part of man (Pan) became the Devil. The repression of the sexual instincts was one of the surest ways to make people feel weak.

Adversity isn't a good thing, and evil is real. It wasn't just some scam "to burn those poor witches, alchemists, and astrologers", although at times it was. There is such a thing as evil witchcraft and it's far more abundant and disguised than you even realize—and they shouldn't be allowed to live, although people like you want to create a world "where everyone can co-exist peacefully", which is like saying that "we should just let Jeffrey Dahmer roam free because don't understand that he just gets aggressive sometimes and doesn't care much about human life".

That is why satan looks a lot like a capricorn-man : goat feet, a tail, goat horns, a goatee, and a triangle shaped-face.

Satan was originally not the "temptator" but the "tester", because that is what Saturn does : saturn TESTS YOU : when you have a saturn transit you are tested in that area.

Interesting to note; however, temptation is not okay. Overcoming a little bit of it can most certainly illuminate who you are, however temptation is not done to make you a better person. Temptation is created literally by people who don't love you; they want to tempt you into hating yourself, using each other, eroding your self-worth, giving into pleasures so you can be used, and all sorts of rotten behaviors that are not coming from superiorly wise people conducting a safe test to enlighten & strengthen you.

No, temptation is an art of exploitation with very real, dramatic, negative results and countless victims; those conducting the test do not pull away and say, "You failed." No, they mentally & emotionally abuse you, destroy your social world, attack you, take what they want, and remove you to parasite onto the next victim; they create networks of enablers, buy up fortunes & empires, steal people's lives and fortunes & empires, seduce with treachery, hurt, take, take, take, pretend, and hurt more.

They use bad advertising & create self-destructing addictions; they deprave children and bring new ones into the living hell.

I am not sure what planet you are living on, and it is great that you've endured a decent trial thus far, but the world is not just this big playground.

If we don't band together and prevent sociopaths from taking over (and they are far more common than you think, and they give birth to new ones all the time), there will only be at most the illusion of goodness left.

That's just one of the many mistakes of the old christian church.
Or maybe it was their strategy : mixing everything up until it doesn't mean anything so that they can enslave a disoriented humanity.
Fortunately, the age of aquarius is bringing a new light.

And of course, but you already know that, the word saturday comes from there too.

NEXT : Lucifer, he who brings light to humanity

Oh get real. Yes, certain churches were mixing things to enslave; however, evil is real—and trying to make everyone look positive is cowardly. That is, you believe you can't do anything substantial to fix it, and it'd be stressful to try, so you keep stroking your ego by trying to make everything seem like a bowl of peaches.

david starling

Sorry to dig up an old post, but personally I view threads as unending streams of possibility & knowledge. Hopefully this board welcomes this.

Yes.

Mmm. I don't like where you're going with this. It sounds like you are trying to numb yourself to reality with the idea that all things, spirits, and people are good. We know this to be untrue.

This is very common, especially to a people who are trying to combat religion but who do not understand reality. Also, there is a temptation within many people living within privilege to numb themselves to reality by concluding, "Everything is just this and that," trying to remove consciousness & wicked intentions in order to feel safer.

There is definitely such a thing as evil, and it has been my life study (not willingly). Evil is a very, very, very real thing.

Pan mave have represented Saturn; fine. I myself have drawn this symbology. However, Saturn is more than just a planet and an astrological idea.

There are very real superconscious deities on this planet. Saturn is also associated with the Grim Reaper. There are many kinds of evil, and it is robbery to teach that evil & exploits do not exist, or that it is "oppressive goodness" that is causing it, so "we just need more moneys and more freedoms then everyone will be happy and I will have done my job".

Sometimes freedom is not what you need. It has become a democratic sales pitch to its own citizens to indoctrinate them into indulging down an insatiable quest to "liberate themselves".

In this sense, you are unconsciously over-simplifying and committing a reckless transference. "I will run away from the devil of wisdom to combat the idea that a devil exists". It's paradoxical, and using denial isn't going to change the situation nor the math of reality.

Mmm, Jesus wasn't "just some nice guy". There is more to it than that, although your entire renunciation of belief is apparent but disguised by some pseudo form of eureka indirectly reminding us "not to kill your buzz because it's fun". It isn't fun, and it isn't constructive.

Satan represents a force of destruction & exploitation that is very real in the world, and it is a very real collective consciousness with unhealthy degrees of unconsciousness. It is a real spirit of death.

Adversity isn't a good thing, and evil is real. It wasn't just some scam "to burn those poor witches, alchemists, and astrologers", although at times it was. There is such a thing as evil witchcraft and it's far more abundant and disguised than you even realize—and they shouldn't be allowed to live, although people like you want to create a world "where everyone can co-exist peacefully", which is like saying that "we should just let Jeffrey Dahmer roam free because don't understand that he just gets aggressive sometimes and doesn't care much about human life".

Interesting to note; however, temptation is not okay. Overcoming a little bit of it can most certainly illuminate who you are, however temptation is not done to make you a better person. Temptation is created literally by people who don't love you; they want to tempt you into hating yourself, using each other, eroding your self-worth, giving into pleasures so you can be used, and all sorts of rotten behaviors that are not coming from superiorly wise people conducting a safe test to enlighten & strengthen you.

No, temptation is an art of exploitation with very real, dramatic, negative results and countless victims; those conducting the test do not pull away and say, "You failed." No, they mentally & emotionally abuse you, destroy your social world, attack you, take what they want, and remove you to parasite onto the next victim; they create networks of enablers, buy up fortunes & empires, steal people's lives and fortunes & empires, seduce with treachery, hurt, take, take, take, pretend, and hurt more.

They use bad advertising & create self-destructing addictions; they deprave children and bring new ones into the living hell.

I am not sure what planet you are living on, and it is great that you've endured a decent trial thus far, but the world is not just this big playground.

If we don't band together and prevent sociopaths from taking over (and they are far more common than you think, and they give birth to new ones all the time), there will only be at most the illusion of goodness left.

Oh get real. Yes, certain churches were mixing things to enslave; however, evil is real—and trying to make everyone look positive is cowardly. That is, you believe you can't do anything substantial to fix it, and it'd be stressful to try, so you keep stroking your ego by trying to make everything seem like a bowl of peaches.
While not as complicated as many things about Astrology, the Ages aren't as simple as most seem to think they are. The prevailing view is equivalent to a Sun-sign-only description. Even the understanding that the Ages are a measurement of how the Earth itself is acting upon us is usually lacking. One thing that must be accounted for has been noted by many who take a closer look: There's an obvious overlap of Age-signs, which [IMO] must be addressed by the structure of the actual Age-indicator. Also lacking is the understanding that an "Age" is Earth's aggregate effect on everyone's Chart, century after century, not something "beaming down" on us from above.

Last edited:

antago

While not as complicated as many things about Astrology, the Ages aren't as simple as most seem to think they are. The prevailing view is equivalent to a Sun-sign-only description. Even the understanding that the Ages are a measurement of how the Earth itself is acting upon us is usually lacking. One thing that must be accounted for has been noted by many who take a closer look: There's an obvious overlap of Age-signs, which [IMO] must be addressed by the structure of the actual Age-indicator. Also lacking is the understanding that an "Age" is Earth's aggregate effect on everyone's Chart, century after century, not something "beaming down" on us from above.

I actually built the Holy Graal community (it is my kingdom). This is the new age of the Holy Graal (the pouring grail). It is an online video game stolen by men in Paris from me when I was kid, but the truth of my royalty is still real.

I have spoken to Archangels and been named the Unicorn-Pegasus by God of the coming transition into the new age (remember, Pegasus created the fountain and is the sign between Pisces & Aquarius). So I think I have something to add here, and it is refreshing to find a community who actually knows that something is happening here.

Each age is NOT "a great new opportunity bigger than the last" to just believe everything is okay, and you are right in saying that it is not just some big high beam of, "If we just keep on going down that way, we'll go straight to the castle!"

Every age is a transition into a new cosmic month ... Or a new cosmic season (a holiday), I should say. This does not mean that "everything is just going to be fine now" and "bad things are gone and it is all just a misunderstanding".

Emotional blindness is still real, and quite frankly it's far more serious than people even realize because it's gotten better at deceiving. The world is literally run by the theater (the art of deception) and salesmen (the biggest liars).

The only way to balance the universe is to listen up.

Our world is in severe crisis of being overtaken by liberal evils, and people are completely unaware.

Entering a new age does not mean that everything is fine, indeed, and you can't just look into Aquarius and say, "Here's some positive ideas so happy birthday to me!", especially when people are basing their view of reality off of one of the darkest imprisonments of the spirit ever seen—one by which they have been indoctrinated from birth. The catch is that on the surface the capitalism and technology make it appear as if everything is perfectly okay, these systems re-sell themselves, and alas the people in power don't want you to consider otherwise unless they're brainwashing you into destroying a threat to their power even using false flags "to prove it" and punishing or assassinating your character to anyone who questions or thinks otherwise.

I foresee a much bigger Armageddon because people are belligerently in love with the idea that they know what reality is, how others should be, what is entertainment & okay, and it is based on their years of psychological bootcamp (schooling) as children, gluttonies in abundance, and based upon what a collective media mind and people are saying.

We have to fight for justice, and not just for "more freedoms & pleasure".

david starling

Antago, you're clearly at odds with the Age of Tropical-Capricorn (as am I), NOT the Age of Sidereal-Pisces, which is far more ephemeral and benign. "Know your enemy"! The power of Saturnian Chart-influence has become a major factor since the 4th Millennium, and is now as powerful as it can get. Those who can't deal with it become evil and destructive. It can only be countered on the Astral level, and with the power of Imagination. I applaud your efforts.

antago

Antago, you're clearly at odds with the Age of Tropical-Capricorn (as am I), NOT the Age of Sidereal-Pisces, which is far more ephemeral and benign. "Know your enemy"! The power of Saturnian Chart-influence has become a major factor since the 4th Millennium, and is now as powerful as it can get. Those who can't deal with it become evil and destructive. It can only be countered on the Astral level, and with the power of Imagination. I applaud your efforts.

Thank you, David! I am doing my best. Our species is wonderful and a lot of people are waking up. I think the most important thing is to be key in fine-tuning our sense of judgment, of right and wrong, and not jumping to conclusions or getting caught up in waves of "this group says they are the most oppressed" and "he said she said"; we must also avoid the idea that "Jesus just loves everyone so we should try not make anyone seem wrong". Jesus judged quite a bit of people, and his message was repentance and transformation, opening our eyes to the abuses in power—not, "Everyone & everything should just be accepted".

Neither extreme is good here.