Is this destined to be an abusive/obsessive relationship?

Cascada

This couple have a Pluto theme going on in their chart and I'm wondering if that's a good or bad thing. There's quite a significant age gap between the two (roughly 20ish years). I don't have permission to post their charts (I haven't asked, its not that they refused), though I do know them personally (one of them happens to be one of my parents).

Here's some of their aspects.
For attraction (and some obsession):
A's Venus conjunct B's Pluto
A's Pluto conjunct B's Venus
A's Pluto conjunct B's Moon (I'm not sure if this contributes to attraction or not)
B's Mars sextile A's Sun
Mars conjunct Mars
A's Mars conjunct B's Pluto
B's Mars closely conjunct the 8th house cusp in A's chart (B's Pluto and Mercury are also in A's 8th house)
B's Sun is semisextile A's Mars
B's Sun/Jupiter/Moon/Venus in A's 7th house, with the Moon/Venus being closely conjunct the DC

The more troubling aspects they share:

A's Mars square B's Saturn
B's Mars opposite A's Saturn (..yikes?)
A's North Node conjunct B's Saturn (is it ironic that it's actually the older persons NN conjunct the younger persons Saturn?)
A's Mars conjunct B's Mercury
Sun square Sun (not so troubling I suppose)
B's Venus/Moon square A's Mercury (again, not so bad for violence, but still negative)
A's Venus/Moon square B's Saturn
A's Moon opposite B's Pluto
Ascendants in both charts receive several squares, including from Venus, Mars, Saturn
A's Saturn exactly opposite B's Mercury (A's the older person; I'm wondering if this will show in conversations)

"Fated" aspects:
A's Sun closely conjunct B's Vertex
B's Venus/Moon closely conjunct A's Vertex
A's Moon closely conjunct B's South Node
A's Venus closely conjunct B's North Node
A's North Node closely conjunct B's DC + DC ruler (Saturn)
B's planets in A's 7th

Aspects that seem to help the relationship and restore some of the damage done by Saturn/Mars/Pluto:

Venus sextile Venus
B's Venus trine A's Moon
B's Moon sextile Venus
Moon trine Moon
B's Venus/Moon sextile A's Neptune
B's Venus/Moon sextile A's Jupiter
A's Sun sextile B's Mercury
A's Venus in B's 4th house
A's Sun in B's 5th house
A's Mercury in B's 5th house
B's Jupiter sextile A's Mercury
B's Saturn sextile A's Mercury

So what do you think? Does this sound like the kind of relationship you'd want to avoid?

mdinaz

A composite chart would tell me more. How people act as a couple is often different than how they act as individuals.

Cascada

A composite chart would tell me more. How people act as a couple is often different than how they act as individuals.

Okay. Well, their composite pretty much tells the same story. Venus and Pluto conjunct, this time in the 5th. Their composite Sun is conjunct Uranus (both of their Natal Sun's are conjunct the others Uranus) and also conjunct Mercury. Sun and Mercury conjunct the Descendant though both are placed in the 6th. Sun in Sagittarius, with Jupiter conjunct Mars in Scorpio. Moon in Leo trine Sun. Gemini rising. Saturn seems more at ease in the composite, with trines to Sun, Moon, Mercury. In fact there's a grand trine formation with Saturn (in Aries), Sun/Uranus/Mercury, Moon. Neptune is also in the 7th. There aren't any extremely negative aspects in their composite, except maybe their squares from Moon to their Venus/Pluto conjunction.

mdinaz

Venus and Pluto conjunct indicates control over the means of caring, finances, and security. Since the 5th governs fun and romance, one partner may use this control to prevent the other from engaging in pleasurable pursuits or keeping them away from friends.

Usually Sun conjunct Uranus in a composite indicates a short relationship that burns hot and then burns out quickly, especially if they are in a fire sign. However with the trines to Saturn, this can give longevity and make it last longer that it ordinarily would. You could end up with the people who always seem on fire and on the verge of breakup but never do. With the Moon and Sun trine they can seem to genuinely like/love each other one minute and be fighting the next and then back again.

Cascada

Venus and Pluto conjunct indicates control over the means of caring, finances, and security. Since the 5th governs fun and romance, one partner may use this control to prevent the other from engaging in pleasurable pursuits or keeping them away from friends.

Usually Sun conjunct Uranus in a composite indicates a short relationship that burns hot and then burns out quickly, especially if they are in a fire sign. However with the trines to Saturn, this can give longevity and make it last longer that it ordinarily would. You could end up with the people who always seem on fire and on the verge of breakup but never do. With the Moon and Sun trine they can seem to genuinely like/love each other one minute and be fighting the next and then back again.

Their composite chart does seem to be more positive than their synastry. Thank you :) I also thought the Sun/Uranus connection represented the fact their relationship isn't very traditional, considering their age difference for starters.

mdinaz

Their composite chart does seem to be more positive than their synastry. Thank you :) I also thought the Sun/Uranus connection represented the fact their relationship isn't very traditional, considering their age difference for starters.

The position of Saturn might indicate the age difference. Sun/Uranus could reflect something unusual, but it doesn't have to - often it is an indicator of magnetic attraction, and those sorts of relationships typically don't last long once the novelty wears off.

Cascada

The position of Saturn might indicate the age difference. Sun/Uranus could reflect something unusual, but it doesn't have to - often it is an indicator of magnetic attraction, and those sorts of relationships typically don't last long once the novelty wears off.

That makes sense. I have the Sun/Uranus connection with my current boyfriend, though our Sun's are both squaring each others Neptune/Uranus conjunction in Capricorn. The thing unusual about relationship is that we started off as long distance. We have quite a strong composite chart, though. Sun/Neptune/Uranus/Mercury closely conjunct to each other, placed in the 7th, and all conjunct the DC (placed in Capricorn). We've been together for nearly three years and I feel as though our relationship is pretty solid, but there are major ups and downs at times.

Anyway, so would anyone think the above relationship chart would be one to stay away from? Would the Mars/Saturn/Pluto aspects be worrying to you?

mdinaz

Without seeing the chart it is hard to say but I'd be more concerned about the sun square sun and Moon square mercury or saturn and opp pluto.