Dispositor

Howl

Hey Manic Monday :) If I understand correctly, your results seem accurate. You have three final dispositors (stopping/focus points): Saturn, Mercury, Pluto. Supposedly, these represent three major 'drives' in your chart and in your life. Does that mean anything to you?

Mine is a little different. I have no 'final dispositor', because I have no planet in its own sign. I finish with a 'dispositing circuit'. This is also what 23 has. 23, your final 'circuit' is

Venus --> Jupiter --> Mars --> Mercury --> Uranus --> Pluto

although not necessarily in that order. If my understanding is on target, it means that the energy of those planets are in continual dialogue. They bounce energy off eachother, in a feedback loop. It's like hitting the same spots in a pinball machine, the ball just keeps on going in the same pattern. I'm still trying to 'map' out my own, but I think if you look at how the energies of these planets interact you might see some integration. It might also be useful to look at the houses involved, and see how they 'feed' into one another. You might have an 'energy formation'....(now I'm just making things up) ;)

My final circuit is:

Jupiter (growth, wisdom, adeventure!)----> Mercury (thought, communication, precision)-----> Venus (relationships, values, harmony)-----> Uranus (individuality, ideals, friends) -------> (transformation, power)

I enjoy the benefit of Tim having done this for me previously :D What I also found interesting is looking at keywords of my circuit. Here are some ideas that all fit for me:

Growth—Intensity—Relationships—Individuality
Optimism—Transformation—Love—Friends
Adventure—Power—Values—Rebellion

Also possible are:

Luck—Control—Money—Unexpected (I’m going to win the lotto!!:eek: )
Generous—Finances—Partner—Brilliance (I’m going to marry a genius with lots of cash!!:p )

Or, if I must entertain the idea of pessimism:
Careless—Manipulative—Lazy—Unreliable……nahhh, that’s not me :D

I also found it interesting to look at the link between planets and their dispositors. As Ms. Ray's quote says,
The planet that is the dispositor of a planet is the soul essence of that planet (DeFouw). It gives the reasons why a planet reacts in the way it does.
Jupiter 4 - the big guy! Pretty much inspires my whole being. Love study, love travel, love experience
Venus 2 - I value relationships, this guides my behaviour too
Mercury 2 - Yes, mentally hyperactive, love to write
Uranus 1 - I also value independence, and friendship, very highly
Pluto 1 - Just passed over my sun....I do crave intense experiences/connection

Am (Sun)----------------Jupiter...(Very) sagittarius :D Realise my purpose through study, growth, wisdon
Feel (Moon)-------------Mercury...express feelings through thinking, writing and speaking, crave change, excitement
Think(Mercury)----------Jupiter...My thoughts/communications are broad/ concerned with meaning, wisdom
Like(Venus)--------------Uranus...I like independence, individuality, and friendly, free spirited relatonships
Act (Mars)---------------Mercury...I act by thinking, communicating, applying technical skill
Grow (Jupiter)-----------Pluto...I learn and grow through deep investigation/ transform through intense feelings
Responsibility (Saturn)--Venus...I am responsible in relationships. I may be seen as an authority in this area
Individuality (Uranus)----Jupiter...I express individuality/creative intelligence through learning/wisdom
Dissolution (Neptune)---Jupiter...I experience dissolved boundaries (universality) through learning/wisdom
Intensity (Pluto)----------Venus...I experience intensity through relationships (heal and hurt!!) learn to balance power

As you can see, Jupiter is king-pin in my natal arrangement. That feels right, I identify with most things Jupiterian (apart from being opinionated....am not!!:p ) But, what I am wondering is this. What does Jupiter in my fourth house mean? How can I "use" Jupiter in my fourth? I mean, it's a nice placement in that it relates to a generous and fortunate childhood, and hopefully later life too. I also see it as innate emotional optimism. Given that it's in scorpio, I associate it with the ability to emotionally 'regrow', having incorporated my (intense) emotional lessons.

My question is, does anyone have more ideas about how I can 'use' that 4H Jupiter in Scorpio? For example, Jupiter is related to publishing and rules my 5H uranus and 6H sun/merc/neptune. I would love to be a writer. But how does this relate to Jupiter being in the 4H?? Writing with feeling?? :D

Last edited:

wilsontc

Staff member
Dispositor, to Lover

Lover,

Let's take a look at this:

1) Write out the each Planet, the sign it is in, and the ruler of the sign:

Sun in Sagittarius (ruled by Jupiter)
Moon in Aquarius (ruled by Uranus)
Mercury in Sagittarius (ruled by Jupiter)
Venus in Capricorn (ruled by Saturn)
Mars in Capricorn (ruled by Saturn)
Jupiter in Gemini (ruled by Mercury)
Saturn in Pisces (ruled by Neptune)
Uranus in Virgo (ruled by Mercury)
Neptune in Scorpio (ruled by Pluto)
Pluto in Virgo (ruled by Mercury)

2) Shorten this information to only include the natal planet and the planet which rules the sign the planet is in. This is dispositing:

Sun is disposited by Jupiter
Moon is disposited by Uranus
Mercury is disposited by Jupiter
Venus is disposited by Saturn
Mars is disposited by Saturn
Jupiter is disposited by Mercury
Saturn is disposited by Neptune
Uranus is disposited by Mercury
Neptune is disposited by Pluto
Pluto is disposited by Mercury

3) Convert this into X --> Y format

Sun --> Jupiter
Moon --> Uranus
Mercury --> Jupiter
Venus --> Saturn
Mars --> Saturn
Jupiter --> Mercury
Saturn --> Neptune
Uranus --> Mercury
Neptune --> Pluto
Pluto --> Mercury

4) Sort the list in step 3 by dispositor:

Sun --> Jupiter
Mercury --> Jupiter
Moon --> Uranus
Venus --> Saturn
Mars --> Saturn
Jupiter --> Mercury
Uranus --> Mercury
Pluto --> Mercury
Saturn --> Neptune
Neptune --> Pluto

5) Put the list in order by number of dispositings per planet (most dispositings first, next most dispositings second, etc.):

Jupiter --> Mercury
Uranus --> Mercury
Pluto --> Mercury
Sun --> Jupiter
Mercury --> Jupiter
Venus --> Saturn
Mars --> Saturn
Moon --> Uranus
Saturn --> Neptune
Neptune --> Pluto

6) Make a list of the dispositors, along with a count of how many dispositings they have in the chart:

Mercury - 3
Jupiter - 2
Saturn - 2
Uranus - 1
Neptune - 1
Pluto - 1

This indicates that Lover's energy is strong in his Mercury (thinking/daily work), Jupiter (expansion, also wisdom), and Saturn (djuty, also structure).

7) Use the list of dispositors (from step 6) and the dispositings (from step 5) to follow the "chain" of dispositors as far as we can using modern planets, without repeating any dispositings:

Mercury - Mercury --> Jupiter, Jupiter --> Mercury

Jupiter - Jupiter --> Mercury, Mercury --> Jupiter

Saturn - Saturn --> Neptune, Neptune --> Pluto, Pluto --> Mercury, Mercury --> Jupiter, Jupiter --> Mercury

Uranus - Uranus --> Mercury, Mercury --> Jupiter, Jupiter --> Mercury

Neptune - Neptune --> Pluto, Pluto --> Mercury, Mercury --> Jupiter, Jupiter --> Mercury

Pluto - Pluto --> Mercury, Mercury --> Jupiter, Jupiter --> Mercury

So Lover's chart disposits down to a reception between Mercury (thinking) and Jupiter (expansion, also wisdom). There is only one "keyword" for Mercury since the reception involves Gemini (thinking).

This indicates that Lover's thinking expands his knowledge and Lover's knowledge expands his thinking.

Dispositing,

Tim

freedomlover

Re: Dispositor, to Lover

OH, I guess I got carried away and reused the Jupiter back to Mercury again! Well, all of them were Mercury except Jupiter. (winks)

Actually, at this point, I'm rather proud of myself for being able to get that much of it right. You don't know what a stretch that was for me!

Thanks for clarifying that for me, Tim.

But I don't "get" it. Knowledge expands thinking and thinking expands knowledge. I kind of see them both as the same thing. Maybe you could re-phrase the statement? ( Or if anyone else understands what he meant, I'd appreciate a clarification.)

I hope I get this right. Someone stop me if I do something wrong!

Sun in Aquarius (ruled by Uranus)
Moon in Aquarius (ruled by Uranus)
Mercury in Aquarius (ruled by Uranus)
Venus in Aquarius (ruled by Uranus)
Mars in Sagittarius (ruled by Jupiter)
Jupiter in Aquarius (ruled by Uranus)
Saturn in Sagttarius (ruled by Jupiter)
Uranus in Sagittarius (ruled by Jupiter)
Neptune in Capricorn (ruled by Saturn)
Pluto in Scorpio (ruled by Pluto)

2) Shorten this information to only include the natal planet and the planet which rules the sign the planet is in. This is dispositing:

Sun is disposited by Uranus
Moon is disposited by Uranus
Mercury is dispositd by Uranus
Venus is disposited by Uranus
Mars is disposited by Jupiter
Jupiter is disposited by Uranus
Saturn is disposited by Jupiter
Uranus is disposited by Jupiter
Neptune is disposited by Saturn
Pluto is disposited by Pluto

Sun-->Uranus
Moon-->Uranus
Mercury-->Uranus
Venus-->Uranus
Mars-->Jupiter
Jupiter-->Uranus
Saturn-->Jupiter
Uranus-->Jupiter
Neptune-->Saturn
Pluto-->Pluto

4) Sort the list in step 3 by dispositor:

Sun-->Uranus
Moon-->Uranus
Mercury-->Uranus
Venus-->Uranus
Jupiter-->Uranus
Mars-->Jupiter
Saturn-->Jupiter
Uranus-->Jupiter
Neptune-->Saturn
Pluto-->Pluto

5) Put the list in order by number of dispositings per planet (most dispositings first, next most dispositings second, etc.)(I just realized how monotonous my chart is...I don't see much difference between steps 5 and 6 for me...:():

Sun-->Uranus
Moon-->Uranus
Mercury-->Uranus
Venus-->Uranus
Jupiter-->Uranus
Mars-->Jupiter
Saturn-->Jupiter
Uranus-->Jupiter
Neptune-->Saturn
Pluto-->Pluto

6) Make a list of the dispositors, along with a count of how many dispositings they have in the chart:

Uranus-5
Jupiter-3
Saturn-1
Pluto-1

7) Use the list of dispositors (from step 6) and the dispositings (from step 5) to follow the "chain" of dispositors as far as we can using modern planets, without repeating any dispositings:

Uranus-Uranus-->Jupiter
Jupiter-Jupiter-->Uranus
Saturn-Saturn-->Jupiter
Pluto-Pluto-->Pluto

Is this right? :confused: I might have done something wrong in the 6th and 7th steps. So basically, my dispositers turn out to be Jupiter, Uranus, and Pluto. Is this correct? :eek:

Last edited:

Arian Maverick

It looks like your natal Jupiter and Uranus are in mutual reception, which is quite significant given that you have an Aquarius stellium consisting of both your luminaries and personal planets as well as Jupiter, which disposits your natal Uranus in Sagittarius.

In other words, every planetary placement in your natal chart--with the lone exception of Pluto in Scorpio--eventually leads back to this mutual reception!

Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus --> Uranus <--> Jupiter
Jupiter <--> Uranus

Mars, Saturn, Uranus --> Jupiter <--> Uranus

Neptune --> Saturn --> Jupiter <--> Uranus

Pluto --> Pluto

Arian Maverick

wintersprite1

Premium Member
Quick question...

All of my planets eventually deposit in Saturn, with the exception of the Moon, being deposited in the Moon. Since my natal Moon is Cancer, it could go no where else. Is this true of other planets in their own signs?

And, with ALL of the planets in Saturn and the Moon in the Moon... How strong is the pull of each or are they equal in the end and looking at the final depositor?

TK

wilsontc

Staff member
Dispositor, to TK

TK,

Yes, planets in their own signs disposit themselves.

A simple way to think of it is that your energy in your chart is "channeled into" Saturn and Moon. However, MORE planets are "channeled in" to Saturn, so Saturn tends to collect more energy and more importance. Perhaps you use Saturn (duty, also structuring, authority) energy to do Moon (home, also emotions) type things.

Mooning,

Tim

wilsontc

Staff member
Dispositor, to Paws

Paws,

You had:
Uranus-Uranus-->Jupiter
Jupiter-Jupiter-->Uranus
Saturn-Saturn-->Jupiter
Pluto-Pluto-->Pluto

Step 6 is fine and you followed my instructions well for step 7, but the instructions are unclear. They should say:
"...follow the "chain" of dispositors as far as we can using modern planets, without repeating any dispositings IN THE "CHAIN" "

Following these new instructions:
Uranus-Uranus-->Jupiter, Jupiter-->Uranus
Jupiter-Jupiter-->Uranus, Uranus-->Jupiter
Saturn-Saturn-->Jupiter, Jupiter--> Uranus, Uranus-->Jupiter
Pluto-Pluto-->Pluto

So Jupiter and Uranus are in mutual reception and Pluto disposits itself.

This is a good point you raise about the previous wording and I will make this correction to the wording in future dispositings postings.

Learning all the time,

Tim

wintersprite1

Premium Member
Libra20 said:
Astro.com does a nice chart for depositors and it is very helpful if you are having trouble figuring out if you have a final depositor.

Thank You Libra20, this is most useful. I was incorrect earlier... Not only is the Moon a depositor, I have Merc-->Saturn-->Uranus also. I went back to Saturn as Aquarius' planet... so no real surprise. But Mercury?? :eek:

TK

I don't know how I missed that Uranus could further be disposed by Jupiter and vice versa. That's the result from having an all-nighter session the other day. :p I think I'm beginning to understand dispositing better though. Thanks, Arian and Tim for clarifying my process!

SimplyRed

OK guys, I will do this. This seems to be very interesting.

Sun in Pisces (ruled by Neptune)
Moon in Sag (ruled by Jupiter)
Mercury in Aqua (ruled by Uranus)
Venus in Aqua (ruled by Uranus)
Mars in Taurus (ruled by Venus)
Jupiter in Cancer(ruled by Moon)
Saturn in Scorpio (ruled by Pluto)
Uranus in Cancer(ruled by Moon)
Neptune in Libra (ruled by Venus)
Pluto in Leo (ruled by sun)

copy of Arian's list

Sun is disposited by Neptune
Mercury is disposited by Uranus Venus is disposited by Uranus
Mars is disposited by Venus Jupiter is disposited by Moon
Saturn is disposited by Pluto Uranus is disposited by Moon
Neptune is disposited by venus Pluto is disposited by sun

Sun-->Neptune Moon-->Jupiter
Mercury-->Uranus
Venus-->Uranus
Mars-->Venus
Jupiter-->Moon Saturn-->Pluto
Uranus-->Moon Neptune-->venus Pluto-->sun

Moon 1, Uranus2 , Venus3, Jupiter4

LOL, Saturn is my ruler and Moon final dispositor
I have been trying to get this for some time.
Moon and Jupiter are in mutual reception

OK Arian, is this right.

Or Wilson. Another lady and I have been trying to get this. I have a post here, but did not see this post. Not use to the organization here.

Born March 16, 1955 3:31AM Charlotte, NC

What planet besides the moon has the most power.

OK, I need to get this. I understand rulerships and dispositors but do not get how much power they have in a chart. I read the final dispositor holds up the chart. I go through a few charts and the trails ends fast, only a few planets.

It seems like during transits, progressions the more planets are linked, the heavier the transit and more high energy

OK, if Moon is final dispositor and does not connect to my grand trine except through mutual reception and by square. some tough energy, I would think. It sextiles Neptune and trines Pluto.
As well, as the yod of Neptune, Pluto, and sun. Venus deposits Neptune, sun deposits Pluto and Neptune deposits sun, Is Venus the key here.

I enjoy finding keys to charts.:)

Or am I making this complicated.

Last edited by Arian Maverick : 08-12-2006 at 12:43 PM.

wilsontc

Staff member
Dispositor, to Red

Red,

You said:
Moon 1, Uranus2 , Venus3, Jupiter4...
Moon final dispositor...
Moon and Jupiter are in mutual reception

You are partly right: Moon and Jupiter ARE in mutual reception. And, since Moon AND Jupiter are in reception there is no FINAL dispositor. Final dispositor indicates there is only ONE dispositor for the chart: in your case, there are TWO.

Also, your counts of dispositors are off. It should be:
Moon - 2
Uranus - 2
Venus - 2
Neptune - 1
Jupiter - 1
Pluto - 1
Sun - 1

I think the confusion happened when you "doubled up" your dispositorships in Step 2 and left out the Moon. You corrected this in Step 3 but the "doubling up" made it difficult to count dispositors. It is simpler to see if you leave it as one long list.

This also shows that this chart has THREE dispositors that are strong (Moon, Uranus, and Venus). And that they are not that much stronger than the rest of your other dispositors. This indicates "scattered" energy which can be used for a wide variety of things...the energy doesn't naturally focus on a certain interest, instead she has many interests. This "scattering" is also indicated because this chart has a splash chart pattern.

I understand your interest in finding "keys" to charts. I am the same way and so I use a system of chart analysis that only uses "keywords" and a few words that directly come from these keywords (see link below). Using these few "keywords" helps to simplify chart analysis. So, this chart has Saturn (duty) focused in the 10th house (duty). Right there we can see that "duty" is important.

We can also use aspect patterns to quickly see areas and energies emphasized in a chart. There is a T-square focused on Saturn, so this re-emphasizes the importance of "duty" in the chart. Some other aspect pattern focuses are:
- Easy Opposition focused on Neptune (spirituality) - strong spiritual energy
- T-square focused on Venus (physical, also money/relationships) - strongn money/relationships energy
- Grand trine (easy energy) focus between the Material houses, so being "practical" and "down to earth" comes easily

There is a method of calculating powers of planets in a chart, but I don't use it. I remember someone mentioning there was a list of the powers in a chart in astro.com, but I can't find out where it is, if it's still there.

Keyed up,

Tim

AquariusMoon

Hi, Red (M.) - Jupiter is the most powerful planet in your mutual reception and your chart due to being exalted in Cancer and having the trine to your Sun and Saturn. It's also on an angle and conjunct Uranus, part of your grand trine. Its essential dignity score is +9 compared with the Moon at 0 and Venus at +2.

SimplyRed

Thanks Tim

Duty, practical, spiritual
What a combination.

I never knew Venus held that much in my chart.
Yes, I have many interests and right on that. Too many

Wish I could consolidate them into ONE Path. The only thing in my life that I never leave and go back to is Nature, dance and astrology. I skip around many things. Yoga, writing poetry, runes, music The list is long. Energy is a fascination for me. I guess that relates to almost anything. astrology, quatum healing, yoga, spiritual. You name it. Energy runs through every thing I mentioned. plants have energy. The earth itself is energy.
I am resourceful. People depend on me to get out of ruts, trouble, you name it. I can come up with some sort of a solution.

I envy charts that point one career loud and clear or it is obvious what the person will do most of their life, of course variations to that and different combinations.

SimplyRed

AquariusMoon said:
Hi, Red (M.) - Jupiter is the most powerful planet in your mutual reception and your chart due to being exalted in Cancer and having the trine to your Sun and Saturn. It's also on an angle and conjunct Uranus, part of your grand trine. Its essential dignity score is +9 compared with the Moon at 0 and Venus at +2.

So you know the powers, AquariusMoon
Thanks

M or Red or MS or SR:)
Jupiter is freedom and learning

AquariusMoon

Red, the essential dignities show up along with the charts automatically with my software. I just finished reading Alan Oken's book on Rulerships for the second time. He covers a lot of ground.

Fyi lots of people don't have a final dispositor due to having a mutual reception. Some people even have a dispositor chain consisting of 3 or more pairs of planets, and it really comes down to which is the most dignified planet. In your case that's Jupiter. And look, Venus rules your H9 and your Neptune is sitting there, ruler of your Sun which trines Jupiter. It gets crazy and goes round and round.

If you have a mutual reception, and the planets in the MR make an aspect, that tells you more about your MR. The MR of your Moon and Jupiter smoothes over the inconjunct aspect that they share. Also, the planets themselves in the MR, like Jupiter and Moon go well together, and then the houses they're in, all of this gives you additional information about the power of your planets.

There's another connection to your Venus, Jupiter and Moon, so they really work well together. Libra Venus is the ruler of H9, the natural house of Jupiter. The Moon rules H7, the natural house of Libra Venus. Jupiter rules H11, the natural house of the ruler of your Venus and the house your Moon is sitting in.

SimplyRed

Thank you:)

AquariousMoon

Jupiter, Venus and the moon and they all are related to Uranus

Never know about Venus, but it does make sense.

My Venus duad is Cancer, where jupiter is.
My moon duad is Leo, seventh house, venus house
Cannot remember Jupiter for some reason.

Yea, round and around they go. Maybe clue to my Yod of Neptune, pluto and my sun. Venus rules where Neptune is. Venus rules the houses of sun and Pluto. Maybe or could be
Thanks

utopia

Dear all,

I learned a lot today.thank you all.(esp. Tim:) )
venus 7
mercury is in its own sign 1
jupiter 2
guess those 3 are really dominant in my life ...