Moon in hard aspect to Jupiter

astropsychologist

I was speaking with another astrologer recently and we were both saying how we can often find it difficult to interpret natal Jupiter aspects in a chart. We were discussing the effect it might have in aspect to each of the inner planets.

I have Jupiter conjunct my Moon and was saying that I experience it as being a kind of natural anti-depressant. So we were wondering...what's it like to have Jupiter in hard aspect to the Moon? Does it have the same effect? or the opposite? or could it give a manic quality to the emotions? Anyone have this in their own chart?

feelthef

I have Moon/Jupiter conj. its not work for me like an antidepressant. I am depressing most of the time:happy: unless something comes around and inspire me

astropsychologist

Whats ur moon sign? Perhaps Jupiter just magnifies the way the moon functions in a sign. Maybe mine feels like an anti-depressant because it's in Leo which is about feeling good about the self?

Mist Knacker

I have the Moon/Jupiter square, and this aspect in my chart seems to exert the strongest influence out of the others. It's at a 0d 28' orb, applying, so it's a very tight one.

It's the only square I have involving the 10 main planets.

In an interpretation I saw, this aspect can indicate over-emotionality and a tendency to fluctuate from extroverted moods to introverted moods, which I've always had issues with. The Moon is associated with emotions and moods, and Jupiter is associated with expansion and the higher mind.

I have Moon in Aries, ruled by Mars, so this indicates a tendency to be emotionally aggressive. My Jupiter is in Capricorn, ruled by Saturn.

I was diagnosed with manic-depression when I was 12 1/2 years old. Before I got stable in November of 1996, I had to go to the hospital twice. That same year was also my first Jupiter Return! The day Jupiter made its last exact pass to its natal position was when I was hospitalized for the second time from what I recall.

I also have a Moon Quincunx Saturn at a 0d 55' orb applying. This would explain some of the depression I've had over the years. My Sun/Saturn opposition would explain some self-esteem issues and feelings of inferiority I've had before.

The Moon/Saturn quincunx and Sun/Saturn opposition, though, don't have quite as much influence on me as the Moon/Jupiter square. In my chart, Saturn as a planet has a bit weaker influence in my life as it's peregine. It lacks dignity, is neither in sign of detriment/fall, nor angular. The Sun/Saturn opposition is also in a much wider orb of influence than the Moon/Jupiter square.

On the other hand, Jupiter is angular, in the 4th House, which is the house of Cancer, the sign where Jupiter is exalted. It's also in the same house that it rules (4th house cusped by Sagittarius).

Saturn and Jupiter are like polar opposites. I've read that Saturn/Jupiter oppositions are sometimes found in the charts of people who have bipolar, but both planets in mine are sextile at a 0d 27', applying. I did have a time where I had a lot of mixed state bipolar episodes (depression/mania mixed together) when tr. Saturn in Cancer came and opposed my Jupiter and squared my Moon. I was on a medication merry-go-round while I went through these transits.

emotionality

Ahhh Moon and hard aspect to Jupiter .. Has come up a couple times today o.o

Taurean moon here ( 1st house in Placidus )Opposed and contraparallel Jupiter in Scorpio (in 7th) .Also the moon is the handle to my chart..Both singletons in sign and element ( not counting ic/mc or extras) Jupiter only aspects the moon, and the Moons only other aspect is a minor aspect to the Sun.

Doesn't work as an antidepressant for me nor does it make me depressed.I am fairly moody (on the inside) but more composed on the outside .What I feel ..I feel very intensely.I have been able to temper that as I have gotten older to an extent but in my former years it caused me much ridicule and being too sensitive makes one a target.Sadness feels like dying inside,and happiness feels like cloud nine and being stressed out is punishing on my body and mind.

I am also very wary of people..I try to protect my feelings so that they don't get hurt.The only way I know how to do that is to not speak of them,or even not to speak at all and make myself small,pretend that it doesn't hurt the way it does for me.I tell myself it is "just me" not others trying to hurt me or belittle the way I feel, is only my perception.Hopefully .. anyway lol

I also have a history of mental issues primarily cause my an overactive thyroid,didn't make it any less real though.Am much more laid back since I had my thyroid ablated :D

Still,when I go to a Hallmark or a store to pick out a card or gift for someone I care for,the tears come,as I read the cards or pick out the gift.I am very sentimental,so the rush of love,warmth and appreciation I feel for the person I am shopping for kinda oozes out and people look at me kind of funny ^^ Even so , the amount of "touched" I feel I can almost not express nor contain,even in public :)

Other emotional things .. Well sex can be very emotionally charged for me and I also tend to pick up on peoples moods..not something I really enjoy because it seems to me that many people I have met and know are in permanent bad moods >.<

Well at least I tried :) Even if opening up like that is just another way to get yourself hurt.

Last edited:

starlink

Very interesting question Astropsychologist. I have a Moon-Jupiter conjunction in the 12th house, in Scorpio and Jupiter conjuncts the Asc. (2°orb), Moon is further away (8° orb). I have never been stuck in depression even though I have passed very down periods in my life. I do think my Moon-Jupiter conjunction is most helpful in this. It is said of course that a 12th house Jupiter is like having a guardian angel on your side and I strongly believe that is the case with me:).

However, I also think that it is not only this conjunction which attributes to my usually optimistic nature. I have the ruler of my Asc., Pluto, in the 9th (Sagittarian) house, another connection with something Jupitarian and it trines my Venus (ruler Sun)/Mars in Aries conjunction in the 5th house (Leo-Sun house). This might also show a more exuberant nature, not easy to let myself be beaten by circumstances, even though I have an exact Saturn-Mercury square which could in fact put a downer on my thought.

I have seen Jupiter-Moon squares in people who have a hard time controling their food intake. It also indeed shows over enthousiasm, bordering on becoming unrealistic about your expectations, overdoing it.

The opposition of course is a totally different thing. Here I always take the houses very much in consideration. The backgrounds, life circumstances, where these two energies (within the individual) seem to be having trouble with one another, where a balance of sorts has to be found in order to get the two sides working harmoniously.

It all very much depends also on which house Jupiter and the Moon rule, because the affairs of those houses could feel the same impact of the opposition in an indirect way.

So with the opposition I dont really see it working out as a charactertrait in itself, like "optimism" when it conjuncts the Moon.

Last edited:

feelthef

Whats ur moon sign? Perhaps Jupiter just magnifies the way the moon functions in a sign. Maybe mine feels like an anti-depressant because it's in Leo which is about feeling good about the self?
Moon is at 27"55 degree in Leo , Jupiter is at 1"33 in Virgo both in the 8th house. How this conj. express itself in the 8th house? May be that house is responsible in some way. I do have to mention that Moon and Jupiter both conj Mars and thus they act like a stelium whose nobody cant answer how it works

astropsychologist

feelthef....thats really weird, i have the exact same conjunction as you.... Moon at 27 Leo conjunct Mars at 27 Leo and Jupiter at 0 Virgo! Mine are all in the 5th. Yeah those stelliums can be a bit of minefield to sort through!

Claire19

Jupiter tends to excess and exaggeration wherever it hits. The hard aspects can give overeating with the Moon. Women in the family are big or loud.
Can be given to dramatic displays of emotion. When travelling can have stomach upsets. Depends on where in the chart they are situated.
We can never take an aspect out of context to the whole chart.
The easy aspects are given to optimism and faith and joyful and lucky influences. Taking advantage of opportunities.

Lost_spirit

I can verify that moon conjunct Jupiter is the best combination for being in an always happy optimistic condition.My boyfriend has this in Cancer and he doesn't even know what depression means.Contrary to me that I have moon in Cancer square Saturn and Pluto,I think we are the total opposite.
I don't think moon square Jupiter means depression though.I would interpret it as too many feelings that the person can't handle,or over emotional.

astropsychologist

Yea, I suppose it wouldn't really indicate depression, but as you say Lost_spirit is is more likely to be "too many feelings that the person can't handle,or over emotional".

Does anyone else have difficulty interpreting Jupiter aspects? Im okay with Sun-Jupiter aspects and Mercury-Jupiter aspects, but for some reason I have a mental block against really getting a grip on the meaning of Jupiter in aspect to the Moon, Venus and Mars. Of course ive read lots of cook book explanations, but I still find it hard to grasp it fully.

I can verify that moon conjunct Jupiter is the best combination for being in an always happy optimistic condition.My boyfriend has this in Cancer and he doesn't even know what depression means.Contrary to me that I have moon in Cancer square Saturn and Pluto,I think we are the total opposite.
I don't think moon square Jupiter means depression though.I would interpret it as too many feelings that the person can't handle,or over emotional.

No I agree, it's too easy typecaste an aspect and generally it does seem to offer protection over expansion (on occasions) of emotions and may even be responsible for overeating. I can't however see it be responsible for depression either-- that I feel will be something else in the chart.

Mist K
I was diagnosed with manic-depression when I was 12 1/2 years old. Before I got stable in November of 1996, I had to go to the hospital twice. That same year was also my first Jupiter Return! The day Jupiter made its last exact pass to its natal position was when I was hospitalized for the second time from what I recall. Yeah but what else was going on in your chart at the same time that could have been responsible, surely not jolly jupiter?

I also have a Moon Quincunx Saturn at a 0d 55' orb applying. This would explain some of the depression I've had over the years. My Sun/Saturn opposition would explain some self-esteem issues and feelings of inferiority I've had before.
This aspect I feel is much more recogniseable for depression
astropsy,
I have Jupiter conjunct my Moon and was saying that I experience it as being a kind of natural anti-depressant. So we were wondering...what's it like to have Jupiter in hard aspect to the Moon? Does it have the same effect? or the opposite? or could it give a manic quality to the emotions? Anyone have this in their own chart?
but what house is it in and what other aspects to jupiter and moon have??? cos if for example someone has moon square saturn that will dampen things enormously, or moon square pluto -- be emotionally controlling AND over the top emotionally...

I have mercury taurus 4th very tight trine to jupiter in virgo 8th house. Virgo wants details the more the merrier in 8th house doesn't want superficiality but deep and meaningful, strong interest in life after death (yep spiritualist) 8th house of sex and conception :wink: yep highly fertile. Communications from/to home roots on practical matters (taurus).

Also I don't think just moon/jupiter is the only aspect for exuberance and anti depression. I have sun conj venus = inner chearfulness and love of life..:innocent:

Lin

I think that you will find that when Jupiter is happy, your feelings will be positive. In other words, when there are positive transits to Jupiter (unlike now when your Jupiter is being attacked by the opposition of Neptune-Jupiter) you will feel a lot better, in fact just the opposite. You don't say how old you are and haven't let us see your whole chart...so if you want more info, provide the chart, please. If I can find it on another thread I'll let you know...
LIN

astropsychologist

Here's my chart, but i didn't want to know anything about mine specifically, I just wanted to discuss how people found Moon/Jupiter aspects in general.

Attachments

• My Chart.jpg
    My Chart.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 48

Claire19

With the conjunction it does tend to give optimism and hope if it is aspecting other planets as well that reinforce the positivity. If it is afflicted it can give emotional problems and over indulgence especially with food. Women in family also having this trait. My sister has Moon square Jupiter and has always been big in the family tradition. She has probably eaten the wrong foods in the past as she has lost weight with a new regime.

Claire19

Yea, I suppose it wouldn't really indicate depression, but as you say Lost_spirit is is more likely to be "too many feelings that the person can't handle,or over emotional".

Does anyone else have difficulty interpreting Jupiter aspects? Im okay with Sun-Jupiter aspects and Mercury-Jupiter aspects, but for some reason I have a mental block against really getting a grip on the meaning of Jupiter in aspect to the Moon, Venus and Mars. Of course ive read lots of cook book explanations, but I still find it hard to grasp it fully.
Yes depression doesnt belong with Jupiter even the harder aspects.
Need to look at your chart for the aspects you mention.

hermetic

Jupiter tends to excess and exaggeration wherever it hits. The hard aspects can give overeating with the Moon. Women in the family are big or loud.
Can be given to dramatic displays of emotion. When travelling can have stomach upsets. Depends on where in the chart they are situated.
We can never take an aspect out of context to the whole chart.
The easy aspects are given to optimism and faith and joyful and lucky influences. Taking advantage of opportunities.

I have Moon Jupiter square, Moon ruling my 1st house - body, Jupiter ruling 6th - food, I have had eating problems since forever(I also attribute this one to Ceres being conjunct Uranus and Mars, but that is not mentioned very often)
I ALWAYS get stomach problems when traveling.
My emotions get all over the place very often even thou my Moon is in Aquarius

Moon Jupiter conjunctions in male charts I've seen produce some real material gains, inheritance from mother, marriage, wife's money, especially if 8th house involved. And these guys were always very happy, positive, which I attributed to the fact they have financially easy living :wink: