Mercury Trine Uranus Aspect

sagittariussoul

Hi all, just wondering if anyone can help me understand what this placement means? I have it in my chart, and I’ve heard it’s common with “genius’s” and wanted more opinions and thoughts. Thanks in advance! :D

Momo101

I have the conjunction and while I do know that the conjunction and the trine aren't the same (the trine is alot easier to deal with b/c there's easy flow of energy between the two planets) but the conjunction can go both ways: either really difficult to deal with like a square/opposition or kind of easy like a trine/sextile.

I know genius is used around casually for this aspect and as nice as it is to hear about it :lol: I think its associated with genius because a lot of people with this aspect like to think outside the box. Uranus and Aquarian energy is associated with breaking boundaries, rebelling against the current structures and systems because we know that current methods can always be improved. Change is scary for a lot of people but Aquarians/Uranians embrace it naturally.

So with Mercury which is the planet of how we think, learn and communicate, when it's connected to Uranus, the planet of rebellions and destroying restricted boundaries, it makes for someone who can really think outside of the box and outside of the restrictions that are placed upon us by society and what we were taught in school.

So the fact that we can come up with things that no one even thought about makes us sound like we're geniuses but really we just have the ability to be original and creative with our thinking. :tongue:

Now I dunno about you but I've always found that thinking critically on something weird and abstract has been really simple for me, in fact I have a lot of fun just thinking (but it could be my 3rd house stellium talking) about various different subjects aha. Plus Uranus is very intuitive so often times I find that I understand things and find answers randomly and instantaneously without really understanding why. That's often the hard part, understanding why my answer make sense and I have to go back and retrace my steps aha.

People with Mercury-Uranus aspects really like thinking about technology, scientific concepts like physics, occult subjects like astrology (aha that's why we're on this forum).

But also keep in mind that other aspects to your Mercury can modify your Mercury and that still plays a role in how you think.

If you want more in depth information here's a post by one of my absolute favourite astrolgers who gives a very indepth insight into the aspect: http://astroarena12.blogspot.ca/2015/01/mercury-uranus-aspects-genius.html

miquar

Hi. I have Mercury in Aquarius very closely trine Uranus. Fortunately I also have Mercury square Saturn and sesquiquadrate Pluto pushing me to try to get the most out of the trine. I've been working on a book during the last five years which at times has been quite gruelling. But somewhere there is always a sense of bouyancy which I think is largely to do with the Mercury Uranus trine. Saturn, Uranus and Pluto are all strong in my chart, and so this combination of Mercury aspects reflects a broader theme in my life, but these energies seem to really come together when I'm using the Mercurial function to try to develop and articulate ideas. Interestingly, I started writing the book as the transiting Uranus Pluto square triggered the Mercury aspects (this being also my Uranus half-return).

Best wishes

Miquar

asrdoyle

I have mercury conjunct uranus, it’s not really tight though (8 degrees). I felt it back in grade school because I learned really quickly but even by the end of high school it started feeling like my intellect was being weakened or like it wasn’t important anymore. Studying for me has always been so boring & worthless (Aquarius Mercury), a part of me has always felt like if it can’t naturally stay in my mind, why force it? Hehe. My mind is also very changeable (moon square mercury) so my ways of learning are different; sometimes I have photographic memory, other times I tend to be quick forgetful. I’m pretty sure Uranus also plays into that. One of the biggest ways my Uranus aspecting my mercury still strongly comes into play is how my mind processes and gives out information, everything comes and goes so quickly and sporadically. Like a bolt of lightning almost. If I was to talk to you for 10 minutes, we’d probably go through 25 topics, with no definite end or beginning to any of them. I usually talk fast and anxiously because if not, the thought will leave to make way for a new one if that makes sense. I think it’s the combination of my mercury being in Aquarius & it aspecting Uranus which is the ruler of Aquarius so it just intensifies my mercury. The longer someone is around me, they see that I’m a smart, odd, nerd

Last edited: