Parallels of Declination

Vyri

Banned
Recently I saw a question on Parallels in SkyScript and thought I should pose a similiar question here enlisting any ones contributions on them. My take comes from Ivy Goldstein-Jacobson and her book Simplified Horary Astrology. Any one wishing to add a knowledge base here about them would be much sought after...personally eschewing for me at least. A quote here:>Quoting from Ivy Goldstein-Jacobson's book Simplified Horary Astrology
The declination of a planet is its distance North or South from the celestial equator given in the ephemeris along with its longitude & latitude. Two planets within 1 degree of the same declination are parallel, an aspect similar to the conjunction. They may both be North or both South, or one North and the other South. Ivy Goldstein-Jacobson relates "the thing is as good as done now" when you allow for a parallel to express its power in the chart. The parallel is either likened unto a conjunction or an opposition. Being one planet North and the other South within 1 degree orbs allowed, or both planets with North declination or both South declination. Parallel =conjunction or contra parallel =opposition as stated. The term "bringing the matter to perfection" means a final conclusion, one way or the other, in the asffirmative or negative. You are always able to say Yes or No and Why in giving your answer to a horary with the parallel considered. She also states: We must have an aspect between the two planets that represent the querent and quesited or we have nothing to bring them together by themselves. In such a case, we let the Moon co-rule one of the two and act in its stead in the matter, if she aspects the other significator. If the same planet rules the querent and the quesited, we again take the Moon as co-ruler of the rising Sign. The conjunction and parallel are always good bringing two significators together to conclude the matter. In a cardinal sign and angular house the fastest combination, denoting days, sometimes only hours without any intervening aspect from a 3rd planet to interrupt, or to a 3rd planet to delay, there is immediate action toward an early solution. Pages 24,25 and 79 with example charts within the book.

Last edited:

Vyri

Banned
Llewellyn George in the A-Z Horoscope Maker gives many fine examples of parallels of declination. Pages 195 - 200 and on page 107. Should anyone wish to regard the theory.

Vyri

Banned
My goodness the price is exorbitant to say the least. Maybe Powel's book store will carry the copies not so expensive. Didn't realize the book was so prized. My copy comes from years ago. Hmmm not too long ago Amazon was selling the book for $30 or so. You sure the book wasn't in it's original form when being sold making it an antique?
Will look about for additional copies somewhere elst.
pages 107 - 109 give natal examples also as standard.

All the best Bunraki
Vyri